Community Member

Default Hearts of Wood questions

I'm a new player and just hit level 5. I realize now that I want my Character to be a Fighter/Rogue as opposed to a fighter/cleric. Right now he's Fighter 3/Rogue 1/Cleric 1. What type of heart of wood do I need to eliminate my newb mistake?
    Thanks!

A +3 lesser heart, in all likelihood.

A +1 lesser heart could remove the 1 cleric level, which would be good enough to get you into the class split you want, but any build with rogue levels really wants to take rogue at level 1 for the sills. I'm guessing you took fighter at level 1, meaning you'd need to change that level as well as the cleric level. That would require a +3 heart.

If you took your one cleric level at level 1, a lowly +1 heart will completely fix you. If you took fighter at 1, a +1 heart will get you into a "pure" fighter/rogue but will miss out on a bunch of skill points. A +3 heart will completely fix it.

However, I feel I should point out that you're still very low level. Low enough that you could just reroll without too much loss. But if you don't mind buying a heart in the store and have limited time to play I couldn't fault you for you buying a heart.

Community Member

I did take rogue first to get the skills. So if I do the +1 heart, then I can reset all my stats, skills, etc? Also, I read somewhere that you have to re-level the same manner in which you previously leveled? If so, when I get to level 4, instead of cleric, do I just go with the fighter or rogue level of my choosing?
    Thanks so much for your help.

At level 5... May I suggest just rerolling a new character? Start the new char with the knowledge/choices you've learned from your first char.

Not really worth it, IMO of course, to spend a Heart on a character that low a level.

edit: To answer your last question - Using a +1: You do have to level up the same classes you already have, except you get to change *1* class level-up at any point along that path. In your case, changing the Cleric level to Rogue or Fighter.
    And yes, you get to fully reset your stats/skills/etc.
    Last edited by cdbd3rd; 01-03-2014 at 09:58 PM.
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    DDO Freebies ____ Monster Manual

Quote Originally Posted by cdbd3rd View Post
    At level 5... May I suggest just rerolling a new character? Start the new char with the knowledge/choices you've learned from your first char.

Not really worth it, IMO of course, to spend a Heart on a character that low a level.

edit: To answer your last question - Using a +1: You do have to level up the same classes you already have, except you get to change *1* class level-up at any point along that path. In your case, changing the Cleric level to Rogue or Fighter.
    And yes, you get to fully reset your stats/skills/etc.
    ^ This
    Either delete this character or save him for after you are more seasoned and come back to him. 10 Fighter/8 Cleric/2 Rogue is still viable. 8 cleric/8 fighter/4 rogue could also be interesting

Honestly though, a Heart +3 just isn't worth it (monetarily) at level 5 unless you looted/got a free one.