Community Member

Default Where do I go now?

Done harbor and marketplace quests. bought sharn syndicate and went through all those. level 7...now what? What next? I am guessing I need to go into one of the houses?

edit: I just found Knave's hollow. level 6 quest, and some level 8 quests in the same tavern.
    Last edited by Treefq; 01-03-2014 at 01:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Treefq View Post
    Done harbor and marketplace quests. bought sharn syndicate and went through all those. level 7...now what? What next? I am guessing I need to go into one of the houses?

In game, press P. here you can find highlight information on quests of all levels including which NPC gives the quest and which house they're in. It doesn't tell you what's F2P and not unfortunately, but if you go look on ddo wiki that will likely tell you. Edit: in fact it does: http://ddowiki.com/page/Free_to_Play_quests and i see you are in the sweet spot. Gwylan's Stand, Tear of Dhakan and The Pit are great XP and well designed quests. they're tough though, find a group. for the pit, bring a picnic and the DDO wiki page with the map, cos you'll be there a while

Someone will no doubt be along shortly to tell you what a bad choice sharn syndicate was but personally I really like those quests and I think they contain valuable lessons for newbies. Plus there's great loot for new players of that level in there.

Searing heights is a F2P wilderness area so you could grind mobs/explorers out there for a while. Suggest if L7 that a good buy for your next pack would be Red Fens or Sentinels, or save your money and buy gianthold for L12-15 or devils pack for L15-20. There's enough free content to get you to those ranges IIRC.
    Last edited by dunklezhan; 01-03-2014 at 01:58 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    The best of the best DDO players generally overperform when given a real challenge

This page in the DDO Wiki shows all DDO quests by quest pack:

http://ddowiki.com/page/Quests_by_Ad...by_level_range

The very first section lists all Free to Play quests. Use that as a road map to guide your advancement.

In addition, you may head over to House Cannith and start working on the Cannith Challenges. A person there will give you one free Challenge Token each day with reset occurring at 8pm Server Time. You can play those for a little more experience and some interesting barter rewards. Post level 20 the Challenges will allow you to work towards a Heroic Heart of Wood if you wish to use the Reincarnation system.

Good luck.

edit: I just found Knave's hollow. level 6 quest, and some level 8 quests in the same tavern.
    All of the houses (Except cannith) have quests in your level range. I would suggest you start in Phiarlan. Tear of Dhakaan and Gwylans Stand are good quests for XP and to build up your bank balance a bit. Also, the Carnival quests are in there and pretty fun.

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

I am guessing I need to go into one of the houses?
    Yes. The Marketplace is the main hub which links to all of the Houses (Deneith, Phiarlan, etc.), plus Lordsmarch Plaza (lvl 12-13 quests), the Twelve Enclave, and Searing Heights (F2P wilderness). Use the quest lists linked above to figure out what is in your level range.

Community Member

I have giant hold I also bought necro IV. But need to get to that level. fyi, General Xilanth or whatever, level 12 fire giant is TOUGH!!!!. +1 for ranger kiting skills

For F2P, you really can't beat Tear of Dhakaan. I recommend (but you don't need) a Featherfall item. You do need a good Jump skill, so if you're not so great in that area, bring some pots, wand, or item to help with that. It'll help you access some areas if you're trying to get the optional XP. (And for that, I'd also recommend folks that you party with have a way to boost their primary stat to 20+ to unlock or open some levers that are stat-based.)

If you're looking for paid content, I personally really enjoy Delera's and Sentinels of Stormreach for that level. They're well-designed and a lot of fun to play, and have some decent to good quest chain rewards.

Before you know it, you'll be level 8, and then you can run Caverns of Korromar, which is both F2P *and* has some nice loot drop (especially in the end chest).
    Altoholic, barrel-smasher, flower-sniffer, 90% solo-er.
    Khyber: Sianys (26 Tempest), Heldre (17 Warpriest); Argonessen: Thalys (13 Ranger), Alansa (22 Mechanic); Sarlona: Liilana (26 Knight of the Chalice); Thelanis: Berda (18 Kensei/2 Eldritch Knight); Ghallanda: Rahelle (12 Wiz/2 Rogue ); Cannith: Dhia Dhuit (16 Druid)

My personal opinion is to purchase Delera's Graveyard pack after Vale of Twilight and GH. You're going to need the Voice of the Master for next life. And welcome to the addiction.
    Orien: Zizie, Zeelee, Zeeny, Zeety, Zeleste, Zeeby
    ?

Quote Originally Posted by susiedupfer View Post
    My personal opinion is to purchase Delera's Graveyard pack after Vale of Twilight and GH. You're going to need the Voice of the Master for next life. And welcome to the addiction.
    This is really good advice.
    Characters: Celemia / Tukson / Thau (Broken link) / Atremus

“A pessimist is one who feels bad when he feels good for fear he'll feel worse when he feels better.”

Community Member

Is there a way to check on which packs you have? I bought a whole slew of them during the holiday rush but can't remember which all I bought.

Alas, not directly. But you can open the store and any packs that it doesn't want to sell you, you probably own.