Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by maddmatt70 View Post
    I have not noticed an increase or decrease in ee pugs since the com rate changed. Not sure where you get your data OP, but sounds made up.
    Ditto. In fact since Thanksgiving epic pug activity of any stripe has been rather lame during US primetime on my server. Though tis the season for new videocards and games to go with them...

Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan_Milic View Post
    Yes really, whats so strange that I want my guild to lvl up?
    Im talking about quest end reward, not saga reward.
    Hate me if you wish, but I feel that after disabling decay they needed to slow down guild XP progress.
    Now all guilds, maybe except 6 man guilds playing 3 hours on weekend days will eventually reach highest level.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by maddmatt70 View Post
    I have not noticed an increase or decrease in ee pugs since the com rate changed. Not sure where you get your data OP, but sounds made up.
    Well then the cov drop rate must be fine....nothing to see here.

Quote Originally Posted by Derana View Post
    these times are impressive but at the same time hardly reachable for any1 that isnt on their main destiny with a perfectly built toon. we have some ee zergers like that on sarlona, too.. they invis run EVERY quest and finish in times like urs and less (20min for the entire ee druids chain, ~15min for - i think it was ee but could b eh as well - what goes up). i think its really really sad to have to zerg thru quests like this just to b able to get comms done because its way too time consuming.. i cant keep up to this kind of zerging, it makes me sick to invis run every quest and hurry hurry hurry, no rebuffing, no picking up end rewards, dont wait for any1, dont break invis, dont kill mobs, JUST ZERG TO THE END BECAUSE WE ARE ON TIMERS!!! one day we all gonna suffer from burn-out
    Quote Originally Posted by dragon2fire View Post
    That group can be fun to run with....that said i hate that this kind of play style is being forced by this system.
    First, I'm no fan of the Com rate, and am not trying to defend it, but... To say Turbine forces this play style is pure BS. Are you seriously suggesting that if they cut the requirement in half these groups would slow down? Bull, they'd just get enough Coms in half the time - now I'm not saying that's a bad thing, or that they're doing it wrong, unless they're burning out doing it. If hurry-hurry rush-rush do it all right nnaaaoooo!!1!!111! isn't fun, then don't do it. I don't, I just play and let the Coms come as they may; and you know what? I don't even feel a hint of burnout, nor am I experiencing the pressure of that play style being "forced" upon me.

For me, inviso-Zerg/ignore as much of the quest as possible, beat down the boss and repeat ASAP is like shoveling down water soaked hotdogs at an eating contest: There's no enjoyment of the food, just sick feeling afterwards. Who cares if you win but don't have fun doing it?
    Now excuse me while I wander off to arm myself with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and hunker down behind my Armored Beer Refrigerator, while I have the UFO's take control of the Congresional Wives with the help of the International Cocaine Smugglers and the Evil Geniuses for a Better Tomorrow

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by PermaBanned View Post
    First, I'm no fan of the Com rate, and am not trying to defend it, but... To say Turbine forces this play style is pure BS. Are you seriously suggesting that if they cut the requirement in half these groups would slow down? Bull, they'd just get enough Coms in half the time - now I'm not saying that's a bad thing, or that they're doing it wrong, unless they're burning out doing it. If hurry-hurry rush-rush do it all right nnaaaoooo!!1!!111! isn't fun, then don't do it. I don't, I just play and let the Coms come as they may; and you know what? I don't even feel a hint of burnout, nor am I experiencing the pressure of that play style being "forced" upon me.

For me, inviso-Zerg/ignore as much of the quest as possible, beat down the boss and repeat ASAP is like shoveling down water soaked hotdogs at an eating contest: There's no enjoyment of the food, just sick feeling afterwards. Who cares if you win but don't have fun doing it?
    On the play style thing....on sarlona i can host my own groups...i do that some times but filling is a issue for the content i actually want to run.....so this leaves me with running with the power gamers...i am actually friends with several of them and have two toons that are not completely embarrassing with these groups....but i dont always want to do the invis thing. So that leaves me with pugging ...the pugs want to do eh on every thing cause that is what the system encourages. I find epic hard so very boring the two toons i play are way beyond that content....So this leaves me not playing much ddo recently ...the system they have in place for epic advancement is just awful.

Community Member

I capped my Jugger at 28 a couple weeks ago. I ran all the main chains, and like many people did a helluva lot of VON 3 runs. Right now I have 1882 CoV. And this was running during a double comm time. Okay, so if I hadn't ran so many VON 3s I'd have more. Sure. I almost always take the CoVs, but sometimes I see something I just must have in the end reward list.

But why the hell do we have this horrible system in place that penalizes people for getting xp fast? Like many others, I'm disheartened a little, but mostly ****ed off at the way Turbine has implemented this system. And why must I ignore all other end rewards and take the CoVs? Why doesn't Turbine just remove the end rewards entirely and automatically award us the CoVs?

Turbine has a perfectly beautiful system in place (tokens) that they could have either extended to epic TRing or copy-pasted with a new name. The old adage "If it's not broken, don't fix it" seems to apply. Just when we thought they couldn't get any dumber (by originally saying they would remove all epic destiny xp upon epic TRing), they do something like this and totally redeem themselves.

Very unhappy customer.
    Heroes and Marauders || Static Group Thursdays 8-10 ET & Sundays 7-10 ET || Clyyde (wizard/rogue), Meensc (arcane archer), Nynaave (melee divine), , Greantun (arti)
    Former heroes or marauders that we will remember fondly:
    Tagez - famous for running off in the wrong direction but always ending up with one of us unwittingly following him.

Argonnessen: Totalle (16 bard, 2 fighter, 2 rogue swashbuckler), Catteras (20 SORC), Paularubia (18 paladin, 2 fighter sword and board brawler)

Quote Originally Posted by Vellrad View Post
    Hate me if you wish, but I feel that after disabling decay they needed to slow down guild XP progress.
    Now all guilds, maybe except 6 man guilds playing 3 hours on weekend days will eventually reach highest level.
    And what is wrong with that?
    WOuld you like character xp decay?

On the play style thing....on sarlona i can host my own groups...i do that some times but filling is a issue for the content i actually want to run.....so this leaves me with running with the power gamers...i am actually friends with several of them and have two toons that are not completely embarrassing with these groups....but i dont always want to do the invis thing.
    Ok, but how is Turbines bloated com requirement forcing this? Seems to me to be more of a community issue, between pugs not wanting to run what you do and friends wanting to play a way you don't. What could Turbine possibly do to fix that?

So that leaves me with pugging ...the pugs want to do eh on every thing cause that is what the system encourages. I find epic hard so very boring the two toons i play are way beyond that content....So this leaves me not playing much ddo recently ...the system they have in place for epic advancement is just awful.
    Again, I'm confused on how "the system" encourages pugging for EHard everything. I know on Thelanis I usually see things pugged for EHard, and only occasionally (just a few a night) for EElite - but I never thought of it as a byproduct of system design, more a combination of "I only play EElite with people I know (aka "puggers are worthless")" and -according to my group experiences- outside of the forums most players simply don't care for EElite beyond the first time XP bonus. How's that a fault of "the system in place for epic advancement?"

Returning the com rate to it's doubled(EN/H)/increased(EE) rate would be great, but I don't think it would fix the issues your having - if it did during that brief period then I'm truly baffled as to why.
    Now excuse me while I wander off to arm myself with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and hunker down behind my Armored Beer Refrigerator, while I have the UFO's take control of the Congresional Wives with the help of the International Cocaine Smugglers and the Evil Geniuses for a Better Tomorrow

And what is wrong with that?
    WOuld you like character xp decay?
    Whats wrong with everyone beign level 100?
    They lessened XP required, so they had to lessen XP awarded.
    Otherwise lvl100 is no achievement at all.

Nothing wrong with everyone being lvl 100.
    Decay was stupid system and only people who envy others want it back and liked it.
    Why do you have a problem with guilds that get to lvl 100?

Nothing wrong with everyone being lvl 100.
    Decay was stupid system and only people who envy others want it back and liked it.
    Why do you have a problem with guilds that get to lvl 100?
    Because its no achievment at all.
    You will be level 100 with just mob kills and chest renown unless you're hardcore casual very small guild.

Quote Originally Posted by NaturalHazard View Post
    His data seems to be the same as yours in this case, his own in game experience.
    Indeed - this was based on my on play experience and that of some folks I grouped with along the way

With regards comments on EE not getting double coms- I am aware of the double digit issue but most, if not all, EE got a boost in com drops- mathematics explained by other posters but I think most folks got the gist of what I was saying

For me it was all about the difference in play experience during that time

There always appeared to be EE groups going all the time and my EE runs filled out fast

Yesterday there were like 3 Von 3 EH or ENs up all the time and a smattering of Von5 with reruns but nothing much in the EE scene

I get some folks may be on a different ETR cycle atm but in my opinion (as experienced via my own play) the 'Double' Coms directly correlated into more fun EE playing

You will be level 100 with just mob kills and chest renown unless you're hardcore casual very small guild.
    The same could be said for leveling characters.

It wasn't an achievement in the first place. Most of the first level 100 guilds were ransacking irestone on epic geared toons.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

Quote Originally Posted by Catteras View Post

But why the hell do we have this horrible system in place that penalizes people for getting xp fast?
    If people pay for XP, then get to cap with not even half the number of coms needed, they might also buy the heart needed to ETR.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

So you want char xp decay also?
    Because getting to 28 is no achievement right now.

Quote Originally Posted by gaffneyks View Post
    People like myself caused this issue. I bought a Otto's box. I should have known better. It is like feeding a stray cat. I am an idiot.

With that positive reinforcement, Turbine created another mindless grind I can pay to bypass.

The Devs don't give a **** if we are unhappy, they are doing what they are told to do.

This has finally done it for me. I am going to stop spending money on this game while i wait for something better.

I apologize to the DDO community as a whole for what i have done by spending $$ to buy the Otto's boxes. I propagated this travesty.

Chai, I was totally wrong on my earlier post last year when you and i got into it about the Otto's boxes. P2W is a endless cycle and very bad for the long term health of this game and me buying something on
    the DDO store does have an impact on everyone else because Turbine then feels justified to come up with more bad design like this to level drain cash out of peoples wallets rather than providing useful things for us to buy.

Epic Fail on all parties.
    At least more folks are catching on to this. Encouraging Turbine to put more focus on content is the way to go IMO. People can all then play how they want and pay how they want without having to choose between non advancement, paid advancement, or grind through arbitrary barrier advancement.

+1
    I have been running everything I could during
    The double COV period but i have only 1901
    Ones at this point.
    Even soloing impossible demands and house of rusted
    Blade EE is not paying anymore (30coms)
    Done EH house of death undone / portal opens / house of broken chains
    Yesterday nigh : each giving 18 COV this is
    Really ridiculous !!
    Please reduce COV amount for epic TR to
    2500 this would be less annoying

Quote Originally Posted by Catteras View Post
    I capped my Jugger at 28 a couple weeks ago. I ran all the main chains, and like many people did a helluva lot of VON 3 runs. Right now I have 1882 CoV. And this was running during a double comm time. Okay, so if I hadn't ran so many VON 3s I'd have more. Sure. I almost always take the CoVs, but sometimes I see something I just must have in the end reward list.

But why the hell do we have this horrible system in place that penalizes people for getting xp fast? Like many others, I'm disheartened a little, but mostly ****ed off at the way Turbine has implemented this system. And why must I ignore all other end rewards and take the CoVs? Why doesn't Turbine just remove the end rewards entirely and automatically award us the CoVs?

Turbine has a perfectly beautiful system in place (tokens) that they could have either extended to epic TRing or copy-pasted with a new name. The old adage "If it's not broken, don't fix it" seems to apply. Just when we thought they couldn't get any dumber (by originally saying they would remove all epic destiny xp upon epic TRing), they do something like this and totally redeem themselves.

Very unhappy customer.
    **Anamalia level 25 Cleric **
    Guild Stealer of souls

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by mmitch5 View Post
    +1
    I have been running everything I could during
    The double COV period but i have only 1901
    Ones at this point.
    Even soloing impossible demands and house of rusted
    Blade EE is not paying anymore (30coms)
    Done EH house of death undone / portal opens / house of broken chains
    Yesterday nigh : each giving 18 COV this is
    Really ridiculous !!
    Please reduce COV amount for epic TR to
    2500 this would be less annoying
    This fits my experience on multiple toons. My main has about 1/3 of what he needs at level 26 running about half his quests on EE. But I haven't played him much because I was supposed to be on a TR train with a friend of mine who's been absent most of the last month, so I played up a first life toon from 14 to cap and she has about 2k comms, though mostly on EN (earlier) and EH (lately, now that she has some ED twists and a little gear). To be fair she gets nearly half her XP from VON3 because she's been leveling destinies, but she finished 3 sagas (took tomes) and has been farming the demonweb chain trying to get planar focus (whole chain once/day), almost always takes comms, almost never runs on ransack, and has done almost all of this during double comm bonus (December) and still has fewer than half the comms she would need to ETR. That's not reasonable IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by toaftoaf View Post
    i would be happy if the interns would make them stack in my bag. it's not like the code for that hasn't been used 1000 times
    lol ya this is just really strange...
    Argonnessen: Hilmir - Purkilius - Jinu - Vignir @ Blood Assassin´s

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast