Hybrid View

Default Bring back increased Coms for this reason

I ran 2 weeks of almost constant EE pugging

It was awesome

Great groups - great builds - good times- the coms were just icing on the cake

a couple of days out of 'normal' drop rates and EE questing is a ghost town - no one has much of an incentive run them

Your friendly EE pugger in Argo - Liwet / Sathr / Teroid /Stormbred / Edardo

Community Member

I liked the double com period because it gave me an opportunity to run on some off-destinies and mix up EH and EE instead of always being forced to run EE to get a decent com rate.
    CC Casting Druid: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...C-Summer-Build
    Shiradi Wiz Plan for 1st Lifers: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...r-First-Lifers
    U25 Patch 1 Dex Halfling Assassin Build: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...x-Assassin-1-0
    Warlock DC Caster: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ld-Blast-Build

Several characters on Sarlona all starting with "Rand" in the Guild "Guardians of House Cannith". My main four characters are Randowl (18 rogue 2 artificer mechanic - hope to go back to DC casting some day), Randslar (Bard 14 / Fighter 4 / Rogue 2 Swashbuckler), Randek (Druid CC Caster 17/Fvs 3) and Randomall (Rogue 20 assassin).

Quote Originally Posted by Khalesh View Post

It was awesome

a couple of days out of 'normal' drop rates and EE questing is a ghost town - no one has much of an incentive run them

It could also be that a lot of people got the Comm's they needed to Epic TR or Epic Iconic TR a character and are now either lvl 15 or low 20's again.

2015 DDO Players Council Sebastrd's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Caliban View Post
    It could also be that a lot of people got the Comm's they needed to Epic TR or Epic Iconic TR a character and are now either lvl 15 or low 20's again.
    Why are you trying to make excuses?

For the record, that isn't the case. MY experience on Argo has been the same. During the Comms bonus I ran more EEs than I had the entire rest of the time I've played DDO, and a big part of that was actually finding PUGs willing to run EEs. The whole Commendation of Valor system is pitiful.

• It takes 20 Epic Tokens to heroic TR. Even at a half token per completion that's 40 runs at cap. At a very generous average of 25 Comms per run that's 170ish runs to epic TR. Granted, you'll gain some while leveling; but psychologically it's disheartening when you're getting 12 Comms for an eH or 18 for an EE.
    • Comms replace your end reward for epic quests. Epic Token were always an additional item in end chests.

Astreya the Unturning

It's always a shame when the hammer of poor design choices smashes the fun of player tactical adaptation.

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastrd View Post

For the record, that isn't the case. MY experience on Argo has been the same. During the Comms bonus I ran more EEs than I had the entire rest of the time I've played DDO, and a big part of that was actually finding PUGs willing to run EEs. The whole Commendation of Valor system is pitiful.

• It takes 20 Epic Tokens to heroic TR. Even at a half token per completion that's 40 runs at cap. At a very generous average of 25 Comms per run that's 170ish runs to epic TR. Granted, you'll gain some while leveling; but psychologically it's disheartening when you're getting 12 Comms for an eH or 18 for an EE.
    • Comms replace your end reward for epic quests. Epic Token were always an additional item in end chests.

Agreeing here - the XP diff from hard to elite isn't really worth the effort difference but the Comm difference was. Even with the double comm rate I haven't gotten enough comms and I have played it somewhat close to the one and done (mostly on hard as I am soloing and in off destinies) on my main. He has 3000 comms and is about 100k to cap - I have completed a few sagas and done only the explorer components of Kings forest and Schind with repetition of Von3 a couple of times and a few extra Impossible demands and Rusted blades (but both comm/min and xp/min are decent on those).

I also think I started with about 400 comms (TR'd shortly after they were released). So really by the time I cap I will have earned approximately 2800 comms from 20-28. With most of that being in the double comm period. So I think even the double comm rate is a bit low based upon normal play (ie. not specifically grinding for comms/min). I would expect the target to be 80ish % of needed comms through leveling and another 20% earned at cap to make it potentially worth it to some people to buy a heart if they are rushing it.
    gotta to kick at the darkness til it bleeds daylight - B. Cockburn
    Guild Leader - Order of the Silver Dragons
    Mains Darlao Completionist Toogor Wiz28 TR5 Also Listarn Shadar Kai Rogue 20/7 - WhiskyTango CL28 TR4 - Toongor Bd28 TR2 - Sooey Dwarf ConBarb28 Pusshy -WizMo 18/ 2/8+9 More

Quote Originally Posted by Spoonwelder View Post
    Agreeing here - the XP diff from hard to elite isn't really worth the effort difference but the Comm difference was. Even with the double comm rate I haven't gotten enough comms and I have played it somewhat close to the one and done (mostly on hard as I am soloing and in off destinies) on my main. He has 3000 comms and is about 100k to cap - I have completed a few sagas and done only the explorer components of Kings forest and Schind with repetition of Von3 a couple of times and a few extra Impossible demands and Rusted blades (but both comm/min and xp/min are decent on those).

I also think I started with about 400 comms (TR'd shortly after they were released). So really by the time I cap I will have earned approximately 2800 comms from 20-28. With most of that being in the double comm period. So I think even the double comm rate is a bit low based upon normal play (ie. not specifically grinding for comms/min). I would expect the target to be 80ish % of needed comms through leveling and another 20% earned at cap to make it potentially worth it to some people to buy a heart if they are rushing it.
    Huh. That's different than my experience - you must be leveling faster than me. When the CoV rate was doubled, I had enough to etr the moment I hit 28. I am lvl 26 now and sitting on 2500 or so CoVs - about 800 or so from the time it was double. Clearly, I'm going to be short, too, but I don't think as short as you!

I'd like your leveling process, but yeah, wow, CoV shortage. Someone in one of the pugs today said "what's worse is that they doubled it, showing us what it was like to have enough coms. Now it sucks more than before."

I understand where he's coming from and kinda feel the same way.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Singular View Post
    Huh. That's different than my experience - you must be leveling faster than me. When the CoV rate was doubled, I had enough to etr the moment I hit 28. I am lvl 26 now and sitting on 2500 or so CoVs - about 800 or so from the time it was double. Clearly, I'm going to be short, too, but I don't think as short as you!

I'd like your leveling process, but yeah, wow, CoV shortage. Someone in one of the pugs today said "what's worse is that they doubled it, showing us what it was like to have enough coms. Now it sucks more than before."

I would say the difference will be Ebberon epics(excluding GH)/FR epics. I was running many ebberon epics and i almost every case, they give more exp then FR epics, but less comms.

Aso, Ebberon epics are, IMHO much more enjoyable.

Meh - I just basically started in the Eberron epics did em all once then moved through the Sagas - LOD chain, Eveningstar, Schind, Web, one CITW, High Road, Wheloon, GH, Stormhorns.....with repeats of maybe 4x Von3 and 2xVon5/6. That is on my main who has the better of the epic tomes of learning you got with the expansion....not running pots consistently (i think I started with one carried over from heroic levels and then maybe one from daily dice). I did EH everything up to Stormhorns (solo'd 2 on eN in fatesinger blech). Saga XP was probably 1/2 mill total.

Not sure you you did yours but with that mix even with the double down on comms I didn't get enough and I maybe took non-comm end rewards 2-3 times (storm horns Norm rewards mostly as I didn't have some of those gear pieces yet).
    gotta to kick at the darkness til it bleeds daylight - B. Cockburn
    Guild Leader - Order of the Silver Dragons
    Mains Darlao Completionist Toogor Wiz28 TR5 Also Listarn Shadar Kai Rogue 20/7 - WhiskyTango CL28 TR4 - Toongor Bd28 TR2 - Sooey Dwarf ConBarb28 Pusshy -WizMo 18/ 2/8+9 More

Community Member

The thing is. The only reason it still costs 20 epic tokens to hTR is because a bunch of players sat on a bridge until they backed off on changing it. To to be a bit more precise, that's 170ish runs to TR for free. How many runs is it to favor grind the TP's to buy a heart? That is likely the sort of comparison Turbine is looking at.

Don't be rude. I wasn't "making excuses".

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Khalesh View Post

It was awesome

I run with you few times and indeed it was a blast. Lots of fun!

Community Member

I capped my Jugger at 28 a couple weeks ago. I ran all the main chains, and like many people did a helluva lot of VON 3 runs. Right now I have 1882 CoV. And this was running during a double comm time. Okay, so if I hadn't ran so many VON 3s I'd have more. Sure. I almost always take the CoVs, but sometimes I see something I just must have in the end reward list.

But why the hell do we have this horrible system in place that penalizes people for getting xp fast? Like many others, I'm disheartened a little, but mostly ****ed off at the way Turbine has implemented this system. And why must I ignore all other end rewards and take the CoVs? Why doesn't Turbine just remove the end rewards entirely and automatically award us the CoVs?

Turbine has a perfectly beautiful system in place (tokens) that they could have either extended to epic TRing or copy-pasted with a new name. The old adage "If it's not broken, don't fix it" seems to apply. Just when we thought they couldn't get any dumber (by originally saying they would remove all epic destiny xp upon epic TRing), they do something like this and totally redeem themselves.

Very unhappy customer.
    Heroes and Marauders || Static Group Thursdays 8-10 ET & Sundays 7-10 ET || Clyyde (wizard/rogue), Meensc (arcane archer), Nynaave (melee divine), , Greantun (arti)
    Former heroes or marauders that we will remember fondly:
    Tagez - famous for running off in the wrong direction but always ending up with one of us unwittingly following him.

Argonnessen: Totalle (16 bard, 2 fighter, 2 rogue swashbuckler), Catteras (20 SORC), Paularubia (18 paladin, 2 fighter sword and board brawler)

Quote Originally Posted by Catteras View Post

But why the hell do we have this horrible system in place that penalizes people for getting xp fast?
    If people pay for XP, then get to cap with not even half the number of coms needed, they might also buy the heart needed to ETR.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    If people pay for XP, then get to cap with not even half the number of coms needed, they might also buy the heart needed to ETR.
    hahaha!!!

Chai, what you are describing above is pay to play to pay. If people actually do that, that's hilarious.

they just need to be added to chest reward loot. I have been saying this from the beginning.

but the turn in amount are just bunk by itself.
    The Fockers of Argo
    Fuglymofo; LOOON; Hobaggin; Fuglyrobo; Buttscracher; Whoaa

hahaha!!!

Chai, what you are describing above is pay to play to pay. If people actually do that, that's hilarious.
    Yea, people do that.

Not sure if it's related or not . . . but when this bonus was active there were a hell of a lot more EE pugs of high level content than there were now. Last night was one VON3 LFM after the other.

I'm guessing at the bonus drop-rate coms were worth pursuing over XP.

+1
    I have been running everything I could during
    The double COV period but i have only 1901
    Ones at this point.
    Even soloing impossible demands and house of rusted
    Blade EE is not paying anymore (30coms)
    Done EH house of death undone / portal opens / house of broken chains
    Yesterday nigh : each giving 18 COV this is
    Really ridiculous !!
    Please reduce COV amount for epic TR to
    2500 this would be less annoying

Quote Originally Posted by Catteras View Post
    I capped my Jugger at 28 a couple weeks ago. I ran all the main chains, and like many people did a helluva lot of VON 3 runs. Right now I have 1882 CoV. And this was running during a double comm time. Okay, so if I hadn't ran so many VON 3s I'd have more. Sure. I almost always take the CoVs, but sometimes I see something I just must have in the end reward list.

But why the hell do we have this horrible system in place that penalizes people for getting xp fast? Like many others, I'm disheartened a little, but mostly ****ed off at the way Turbine has implemented this system. And why must I ignore all other end rewards and take the CoVs? Why doesn't Turbine just remove the end rewards entirely and automatically award us the CoVs?

Turbine has a perfectly beautiful system in place (tokens) that they could have either extended to epic TRing or copy-pasted with a new name. The old adage "If it's not broken, don't fix it" seems to apply. Just when we thought they couldn't get any dumber (by originally saying they would remove all epic destiny xp upon epic TRing), they do something like this and totally redeem themselves.

Very unhappy customer.
    **Anamalia level 25 Cleric **
    Guild Stealer of souls

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by mmitch5 View Post
    +1
    I have been running everything I could during
    The double COV period but i have only 1901
    Ones at this point.
    Even soloing impossible demands and house of rusted
    Blade EE is not paying anymore (30coms)
    Done EH house of death undone / portal opens / house of broken chains
    Yesterday nigh : each giving 18 COV this is
    Really ridiculous !!
    Please reduce COV amount for epic TR to
    2500 this would be less annoying
    This fits my experience on multiple toons. My main has about 1/3 of what he needs at level 26 running about half his quests on EE. But I haven't played him much because I was supposed to be on a TR train with a friend of mine who's been absent most of the last month, so I played up a first life toon from 14 to cap and she has about 2k comms, though mostly on EN (earlier) and EH (lately, now that she has some ED twists and a little gear). To be fair she gets nearly half her XP from VON3 because she's been leveling destinies, but she finished 3 sagas (took tomes) and has been farming the demonweb chain trying to get planar focus (whole chain once/day), almost always takes comms, almost never runs on ransack, and has done almost all of this during double comm bonus (December) and still has fewer than half the comms she would need to ETR. That's not reasonable IMO.