Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastrd View Post
    Why are you trying to make excuses?
    Don't be rude. I wasn't "making excuses".

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vellrad View Post
    If you were running EE, you never had doubled comms.

100% bonus was for gimps playing EN/EH.
    Recheck your facts. It was 100% bonus for the EE quests that didn't double to 100+ until they changed the EE rate to 60% across the board because like all things Turbine, it was flawed.

Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)

Quote Originally Posted by myliftkk_v2 View Post
    Recheck your facts. It was 100% bonus for the EE quests that didn't double to 100+ until they changed the EE rate to 60% across the board because like all things Turbine, it was flawed.
    lol what are you talking about?

IDK about EN, because i never touch it.
    All EH droids derp quests gave 42 comms with bonus, that is 200% of standard 21.
    All EE stormhorns quests gave 96 comms with bonus, that is 160% of standard 60.

First implementation, before fix, was complete, total and utter failure, so it doesn't counts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Originally Posted by Random Person #2 View Post
    People who exploit bugs in code are cheaters cheaters cheaters. And they are big fat ****yheads too.

Community Member

Default I think the com system is awful

Turbine turned ETR into a metagame to farm coms of valor as quickly as possible.

However, as far as earning coms, here is my experience. Rather than looking at it from a 20-28 leveling perspective I am looking at it from a time perspective.

With the new system it is EE or forget about it. I am sure this isn't perfect, but here is a rough estimate of how long it takes to run chains/quests at a fast pace and the corresponding com payout. We've run these chains much faster than the times below, but I rounded up because at times we did some very extreme zerging to break our previous record. For example we completed EE Druids Deep in just over 20 minutes including transit time between quests.

Eveningstar Chain 1 EE: 35 minutes 120 coms
    Eveningstar Chain 2 EE: 35 minutes 140 coms
    Eveningstar Chain 3 EE: 25 minutes 120 coms
    Druids Deep Chain EE : 30 minutes 160 coms
    High Road EE: 45 minutes 225 coms
    Wheeloon EE: 50 minutes 275 coms
    Stormhorns EE (first 4 quests only) 40 minutes 240 coms
    GH Storm Eye Quests: 30 minutes 135 coms
    GH Storm Heart Quests: 40 minutes: 135 coms
    GH Storm Fist Quests: 40 minutes: 135 coms
    Tor: 10 minutes 45 coms
    Study in Sable: 10 minutes 55 coms
    Don't Drink the Water: 10 minutes 35 coms
    In the Belly of the Beast: 15 minutes: 35 coms

With some breaks between chains this would be roughly 8 hours of playing and 1820 coms. So running these x3 would easily net you enough coms for a heart with 1,260 left over.

For a more casual player running quests on EH at a slower pace, that might mean 16 hours of playing for 910 coms. Or 16 hours of playing for 455 coms on EN. I was mostly an EH player while leveling and now I run about 90% of all quests I run on EE. It limits who I can run with.

On a personal note, the pace is probably a little faster than I am comfortable with, although I've been adjusting quickly and am enjoying the challenge of running with a fast group. I've earned about 41,000 coms since the second week in December with most of this I earned with a fast-paced static group and a very small amount earned soloing or with my more casual friends. My com rate goes way down when posting an LFM, joining an LFM or running with casual players.
    Last edited by slarden; 01-04-2014 at 09:45 PM.

The drop rate for comms and the cost is insane and a little insulting. It is also ruining guild renown increases for non-capped guilds since they drop in a lot of the same places.

1. have comms drop in quest chests
    2. double or triple the drop rate and half the cost for tr hearts
    3. profit a little less from selling tr hearts in ddo store, but look a lot less like greedy jerks, keeping your customers around a bit longer
    Shmuel Xadin Xadins Errand Mohnster Yitzhak

Quote Originally Posted by Spoonwelder View Post
    Meh - I just basically started in the Eberron epics did em all once then moved through the Sagas - LOD chain, Eveningstar, Schind, Web, one CITW, High Road, Wheloon, GH, Stormhorns.....with repeats of maybe 4x Von3 and 2xVon5/6. That is on my main who has the better of the epic tomes of learning you got with the expansion....not running pots consistently (i think I started with one carried over from heroic levels and then maybe one from daily dice). I did EH everything up to Stormhorns (solo'd 2 on eN in fatesinger blech). Saga XP was probably 1/2 mill total.

Not sure you you did yours but with that mix even with the double down on comms I didn't get enough and I maybe took non-comm end rewards 2-3 times (storm horns Norm rewards mostly as I didn't have some of those gear pieces yet).
    Ah. Outside of GH, I did very few of the Eberron ones. And I didn't really follow the sagas - those were just icing on the cake. Thanks, I'll rethink my order

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    The problem is the hard cap of 99 comms per reward list. With level 30 quests coming, that will be (30+2-17)*5=75 comms at the standard rate. There isn't much room to increase that.

Hypothetically speaking, if they lowered the heart cost to 2500 comms, would it have a similar impact on the EE pug scene, do you think?
    Totally agree - the obvious and easy solution is to lower the cost to 2500 or so. I have no issues with them raising it later, when the level cap is increased.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by slarden View Post
    We've run these chains much faster than the times below, but I rounded up because at times we did some very extreme zerging to break our previous record. For example we completed EE Druids Deep in just over 20 minutes including transit time between quests.

Eveningstar Chain 1 EE: 35 minutes 120 coms
    Eveningstar Chain 2 EE: 35 minutes 140 coms
    Eveningstar Chain 3 EE: 25 minutes 120 coms
    Druids Deep Chain EE : 30 minutes 160 coms
    High Road EE: 45 minutes 225 coms
    Wheeloon EE: 50 minutes 275 coms
    Stormhorns EE (first 4 quests only) 40 minutes 240 coms
    GH Storm Eye Quests: 30 minutes 135 coms
    GH Storm Heart Quests: 40 minutes: 135 coms
    GH Storm Fist Quests: 40 minutes: 135 coms
    Tor: 10 minutes 45 coms
    Study in Sable: 10 minutes 55 coms
    Don't Drink the Water: 10 minutes 35 coms
    In the Belly of the Beast: 15 minutes: 35 coms

With some breaks between chains this would be roughly 8 hours of playing and 1820 coms. So running these x3 would easily net you enough coms for a heart with 1,260 left over.
    these times are impressive but at the same time hardly reachable for any1 that isnt on their main destiny with a perfectly built toon. we have some ee zergers like that on sarlona, too.. they invis run EVERY quest and finish in times like urs and less (20min for the entire ee druids chain, ~15min for - i think it was ee but could b eh as well - what goes up). i think its really really sad to have to zerg thru quests like this just to b able to get comms done because its way too time consuming.. i cant keep up to this kind of zerging, it makes me sick to invis run every quest and hurry hurry hurry, no rebuffing, no picking up end rewards, dont wait for any1, dont break invis, dont kill mobs, JUST ZERG TO THE END BECAUSE WE ARE ON TIMERS!!! one day we all gonna suffer from burn-out

Completionists: Heroic 42/42, Epic 36/36, "Iconic" 15/15

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Derana View Post
    these times are impressive but at the same time hardly reachable for any1 that isnt on their main destiny with a perfectly built toon. we have some ee zergers like that on sarlona, too.. they invis run EVERY quest and finish in times like urs and less (20min for the entire ee druids chain, ~15min for - i think it was ee but could b eh as well - what goes up). i think its really really sad to have to zerg thru quests like this just to b able to get comms done because its way too time consuming.. i cant keep up to this kind of zerging, it makes me sick to invis run every quest and hurry hurry hurry, no rebuffing, no picking up end rewards, dont wait for any1, dont break invis, dont kill mobs, JUST ZERG TO THE END BECAUSE WE ARE ON TIMERS!!! one day we all gonna suffer from burn-out
    Hi,

Yes I am sure we are talking about the same group because you've run with us several times.

What you said is basically the rules and several people joined the lfm and some missed as many as 3 quests while ship buffing and were mad we didn't wait. As you said, we are actually running the quests much faster than the times listed above. I rounded the time up because I think very few groups are running the content as fast as we are. As for destinies, we aren't always running in our best destiny and we tend to stagger ETR so we have some people at higher levels. We also use saga xp to start each new ETR life @ 22 instead of 20. This allows us to skip the low level content with a bad com payout.

The pace may prove too much for me at some point, but at the moment I am enjoying experimenting with a different playstyle. I've tended to run with more casual players for the most part. My approach has always been to adapt to the pace to the group I am running with. I am learning alot from this group.

One thing for sure is that this approach does work if you want to ETR fast. Whether it is fun is up to the person.

As for what goes up - we usually skip it because it's nearly a 20 minute quest on EE even with invis-run and zerging. The placement of shrines is bad and the only shrine close to where it is needed disappears quickly. The com pay-out is bad because we have to run back to another shrine. We use virtually no sp up to the end fight so we don't even need the shrine by the end fight at the time it is available.
    Last edited by slarden; 01-05-2014 at 05:34 AM.

Community Member

Hi,

Yes I am sure we are talking about the same group because you've run with us several times.

What you said is basically the rules and several people joined the lfm and some missed as many as 3 quests while ship buffing and were mad we didn't wait. As you said, we are actually running the quests much faster than the times listed above. I rounded the time up because I think very few groups are running the content as fast as we are. As for destinies, we aren't always running in our best destiny and we tend to stagger ETR so we have some people at higher levels. We also use saga xp to start each new ETR life @ 22 instead of 20. This allows us to skip the low level content with a bad com payout.

The pace may prove too much for me at some point, but at the moment I am enjoying experimenting with a different playstyle. I've tended to run with more casual players for the most part. My approach has always been to adapt to the pace to the group I am running with. I am learning alot from this group.

One thing for sure is that this approach does work if you want to ETR fast. Whether it is fun is up to the person.

As for what goes up - we usually skip it because it's nearly a 20 minute quest on EE even with invis-run and zerging. The placement of shrines is bad and the only shrine close to where it is needed disappears quickly. The com pay-out is bad because we have to run back to another shrine. We use virtually no sp up to the end fight so we don't even need the shrine by the end fight at the time it is available.

That group can be fun to run with....that said i hate that this kind of play style is being forced by this system. Turbine really needs to stop ignoring this issue.....its like they dont care.

People like myself caused this issue. I bought a Otto's box. I should have known better. It is like feeding a stray cat. I am an idiot.

With that positive reinforcement, Turbine created another mindless grind I can pay to bypass.

The Devs don't give a **** if we are unhappy, they are doing what they are told to do.

This has finally done it for me. I am going to stop spending money on this game while i wait for something better.

I apologize to the DDO community as a whole for what i have done by spending $$ to buy the Otto's boxes. I propagated this travesty.

Chai, I was totally wrong on my earlier post last year when you and i got into it about the Otto's boxes. P2W is a endless cycle and very bad for the long term health of this game and me buying something on
    the DDO store does have an impact on everyone else because Turbine then feels justified to come up with more bad design like this to level drain cash out of peoples wallets rather than providing useful things for us to buy.

Epic Fail on all parties.

Community Member

Hi,

the saga xp is smth i do as well.

about that u learn smth from invis running thru every quest.. gratz. i hope u can use this knowledge on mobs that see invis.

the reason i dont join anymore is cuz the constant blabla and leave-my-group-because-you-died makes me sick and cuz i dont learn anything from invis running thru epic elite quests. for me, i like to improve my playstyle, not my ability of clicking the invis button.

Completionists: Heroic 42/42, Epic 36/36, "Iconic" 15/15

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Derana View Post
    the saga xp is smth i do as well.

about that u learn smth from invis running thru every quest.. gratz. i hope u can use this knowledge on mobs that see invis.

the reason i dont join anymore is cuz the constant blabla and leave-my-group-because-you-died makes me sick and cuz i dont learn anything from invis running thru epic elite quests. for me, i like to improve my playstyle, not my ability of clicking the invis button.
    Understood. I didn't come up with the techniques/tactics/ideas. I just follow the leader's wishes and am grateful I learned alot from him. Yeah invis doesn't always work. I play with many casuals as well and when I do we spend 1 hr per quest. I play with a very diverse group of people and join lfms.

Anyhow you are a great player and I also prefer clearing to zerging, but I am having fun experimenting with zerging.

Quote Originally Posted by gaffneyks View Post
    People like myself caused this issue. I bought a Otto's box. I should have known better. It is like feeding a stray cat. I am an idiot.

With that positive reinforcement, Turbine created another mindless grind I can pay to bypass.

The Devs don't give a **** if we are unhappy, they are doing what they are told to do.

This has finally done it for me. I am going to stop spending money on this game while i wait for something better.

I apologize to the DDO community as a whole for what i have done by spending $$ to buy the Otto's boxes. I propagated this travesty.

Chai, I was totally wrong on my earlier post last year when you and i got into it about the Otto's boxes. P2W is a endless cycle and very bad for the long term health of this game and me buying something on
    the DDO store does have an impact on everyone else because Turbine then feels justified to come up with more bad design like this to level drain cash out of peoples wallets rather than providing useful things for us to buy.

Epic Fail on all parties.
    You, sir, are a gentleman and a scholar.

For a more casual player running quests on EH at a slower pace, that might mean 16 hours of playing for 910 coms. Or 16 hours of playing for 455 coms on EN. I was mostly an EH player while leveling and now I run about 90% of all quests I run on EE. It limits who I can run with.

On a personal note, the pace is probably a little faster than I am comfortable with, although I've been adjusting quickly and am enjoying the challenge of running with a fast group. I've earned about 41,000 coms since the second week in December with most of this I earned with a fast-paced static group and a very small amount earned soloing or with my more casual friends. My com rate goes way down when posting an LFM, joining an LFM or running with casual players.
    That is if you dont care about your guild or your guild already has everything.
    I take impressive and legendary if they are on the list.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shmuel View Post
    The drop rate for comms and the cost is insane and a little insulting. It is also ruining guild renown increases for non-capped guilds since they drop in a lot of the same places.

1. have comms drop in quest chests
    2. double or triple the drop rate and half the cost for tr hearts
    3. profit a little less from selling tr hearts in ddo store, but look a lot less like greedy jerks, keeping your customers around a bit longer
    +1

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan_Milic View Post
    That is if you dont care about your guild or your guild already has everything.
    I take impressive and legendary if they are on the list.
    You take an impressive or legendary? really?

I would just take the large guild renown bounty instead. If you run these all x3 you can take guild renown 2 of the 3 times and bank xp only for your epic TR to start @ 22.

I have not noticed an increase or decrease in ee pugs since the com rate changed. Not sure where you get your data OP, but sounds made up.
    Norg Fighter12/Paladin6/Monk2, Jacquiej Cleric18/Monk1/Wiz1, Rabiez Bard16/Ranger3/Cleric1, Hangover Bard L20, Boomsticks Fighter12/Monk 6/Druid 2, Grumblegut Ranger8/Paladin6/Monk6, Rabidly Rogue L20, Furiously Rogue10/Monk6/Paladin4, Snowcones Cleric 12/Ranger 6/Monk 2, Norge Barbarian 12/FVS4/Rogue4. Guild:Prophets of The New Republic Khyber.

You take an impressive or legendary? really?

I would just take the large guild renown bounty instead. If you run these all x3 you can take guild renown 2 of the 3 times and bank xp only for your epic TR to start @ 22.
    Yes really, whats so strange that I want my guild to lvl up?
    Im talking about quest end reward, not saga reward.

Quote Originally Posted by maddmatt70 View Post
    I have not noticed an increase or decrease in ee pugs since the com rate changed. Not sure where you get your data OP, but sounds made up.
    His data seems to be the same as yours in this case, his own in game experience.

Quote Originally Posted by maddmatt70 View Post
    Ditto. In fact since Thanksgiving epic pug activity of any stripe has been rather lame during US primetime on my server. Though tis the season for new videocards and games to go with them...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast