Default Oil of Unbinding

I've had this idea for a while and thought I would post it here.
    Item would be an Extremely Rare loot, if lootable at all.
    It will generate Turbine Income by being sold in the DDO Store
    It will help item management for all players. What players need is an Oil of Unbinding.
    This oil would be used on a Bound to character Item.
    It would dissolve the binding to the character.
    The item would become Bound to Account and would become Bound to Character again apon equip.

actually seems like a good idea. It would be nice to move some stuff I don't use to other toons.
    Signed

Quote Originally Posted by brucelee82 View Post
    actually seems like a good idea. It would be nice to move some stuff I don't use to other toons.
    Shard Exchange.

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    Shard Exchange.
    Which can't be used on BtCoA loot, which is what the OP is getting at. Use this oil on raid loot. Using it on BtCoE loot would be a waste because, as you mention, shard exchange. That's a fairly lame troll attempt coming from you. Still hungover from new years?
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

Quote Originally Posted by redspecter23 View Post
    Which can't be used on BtCoA loot, which is what the OP is getting at. Use this oil on raid loot. Using it on BtCoE loot would be a waste because, as you mention, shard exchange. That's a fairly lame troll attempt coming from you. Still hungover from new years?
    They will NEVER let you do this with BTCoE. That's a pipe dream.

For all other stuff the Shard Exchange works.

Quote Originally Posted by redspecter23 View Post
    I thought he was looking at transferring maybe large guild slot items or adamantine/force ritual gear to another toon?
    Khyber: Evandus, Halfdeadd, Licoricewhip, Sawyn, Elkabongg, Brothanumsi, Soulbro, Cromix.
    And an army of gimp experiments!

Quote Originally Posted by Volarr View Post
    I've had this idea for a while and thought I would post it here.
    Item would be an Extremely Rare loot, if lootable at all.
    It will generate Turbine Income by being sold in the DDO Store
    It will help item management for all players. What players need is an Oil of Unbinding.
    This oil would be used on a Bound to character Item.
    It would dissolve the binding to the character.
    The item would become Bound to Account and would become Bound to Character again apon equip.
    something as powerful as this, but making it very rare, would scream P2W no matter the cost. totally could bypass P2WAH which is still money for Turbine either way, but I doubt they want to do anything that takes sales away from them on a system they want to work and im sure generates good money for them.

it would be a costly item management product. if it was 1x per use, it can be a lot of TP to swap to alts over time, even if you do it once per life on a TR/ER. theres a lot of nice gear I pass up in heroics just because its BTC or BTCoE. if it was 10 TP per use, than maybe I would buy it, but heroic gear I can find just as good or good enough gear that isn't bound.

I would assume you aren't implying rare loot and raid items? its not a terrible idea, but there is already a lot of unnecessary BTC or BTCoE items in the game now since P2WAH came into existence. to help sell this item, I could see Turbine continue binding generic loot.
    #MakeDDOGreatAgain

You are the one choosing not to play alts.

Casual player now investing way less than I used to into the game, playing 1-3 months at a time and still want nothing to do with Reaper. #improvepuggrouping#alldifficultiesmatter

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    They will NEVER let you do this with BTCoE. That's a pipe dream.

For all other stuff the Shard Exchange works.
    Never say never when monetization is involved. I personally don't care one way or the other. Turbine has been making a push toward single toon accounts for a couple years now and I only play one toon with 14 mules as a result. Unbinding and transferring an item just allows me to delete an alt I'd never play and earn an item in the process. There was a time I would have said this sort of item would never exist, but that time is long past. If it can earn them money, they will at least think about it, regardless of how it effects the health of the game in the longterm.
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

I was thinking more that it could be used on ingredients like shards and seals and other Items that can't be posted on the shard exchange, not just equipment.

As unequipable items would remain bta

that way after 57 runs to get a shard and your alt that can't use it pulls it on his fifth you would have access to it by unbinding

I made use of some oil of unbinding over the overlarge xmas dinner, it was rather useful.... oh, wait, um.. nevermind

In relation to OP, i could see it having some use - being able to unbind some old lootgen stuff from a couple of characters that i used the stone of change rituals on would be really nice.
    I don't mean to come across as unsympathetic - but I am, so I do.

Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council

Only usable on items bound by using shards.

Beware the Sleepeater