Community Member

Default Expectations from customer support?

A few weeks ago I had a couple of poor experiences with GM support and posted on the forums to see if these were isolated occurrences. The overall response made depressing reading with many others receiving similar experiences.

At that point my experiences with customer support, had been positive. However, this changed over the Christmas period. A LR went badly wrong and my main character was stuck at level 1 on the LR plane. Having spoken to a GM (twice because in the first instance my ticket was automatically closed -- nice), s/he raised a ticket with customer support on my behalf. This was on the 24th Dec. Despite several emails to customer support I have heard nothing apart from an automated response to the initial problem. I appreciate that staffing levels over the Christmas period may be reduced, but the lack of any response is I feel very poor. Is this am isolated incident or have others experienced similar poor quality of service from customer support?

Do I just have to lower my expectations as to the SLA one gets as a VIP?

Community Member

There's no excuse for it, but terrible customer support is very typical of game companies across the board.

As VIP you simply have access to support- no promises as to how good or bad that support actually is.

Should you lower your expectations? Absolutely not. Be a bull dog with them until you get your issue resolved. Honestly all of my personal experiences save one have been good (and the bad one was really really bad) but I am saddened to see so many reports of poor service. Something Turbine really ought to look into as quickly as possible.

Main: 18 Artificer, Thelanis

Mine has always been mixed as well.

If it is an issue where I am stuck in a quest and cannot advance, they are always helpful - but the response/wait time varies - which is to be expected.

However, most recently I had conflicting information:

Back in Novemeber I mailed some items to one of my alts (shared bank full and was just being lazy) and accidentally typo'd the name (missed a double L) so about 4-5 mail messages with items attached went to some other player. Research indicated it was probably a stale account, so I opened an in-game support request. About 15-20 minutes later a GM contacted me, and within a couple of minutes was able to recover all my items.

Fast forward to last week, similar thing happened. Open in-game support request, and a few minutes later I see a "Ticket updated" message. It had been closed with the explanation that GM's cannot recover items that have been mailed.... *rolleyes*

Had terrible luck myself here.

When my ETR wiped all my ED xp/levels/twists, I expected support, and got nothing but "yeah, that is broken" and "well, find someone else to fix it."

Isn't fixing it, yanno, their job?

2015 DDO Players Council Seikojin's Avatar

I haven't had a bad experience yet. However, I did recently submit for a perma slowed character and haven't heard back in a couple of weeks. To their credit, I am waiting until everyone comes back to work, then I will freshen the topic and see if they bite.

Don't hold your breath every experience will differ.