Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by axel15810 View Post
    If this XP could only be applied to advance destinies I'd be ok with it. Otherwise, No.
    What about a tome of karma transfer that took the karma in one destiny sphere and moved it to another?

Quote Originally Posted by eonfreon View Post
    I know. The idea of people doing what they like to do and still making some kind of character progression.... horrible indeed.
    I suppose you're right. It doesn't matter nearly as much as it used to before things like otto's were introduced.

[Old timer's voice]
    I can remember back when you actually had to PLAY the game to get xp and level.
    [/Old timer's voice]

Sad, but true.
    <-Curelite Bottling Company->

Quote Originally Posted by Chilldude
    Dude, did you see they way that guy just pressed button 1? It was amazing! A display of skill unseen since the 1984 World Games where in the men's room, between events, a man washed his hands with such unbridled majesty that people were claiming the faucet he used was OP.

Quote Originally Posted by danotmano1998 View Post
    I suppose you're right. It doesn't matter nearly as much as it used to before things like otto's were introduced.

[Old timer's voice]
    I can remember back when you actually had to PLAY the game to get xp and level.
    [/Old timer's voice]

Sad, but true.
    I know, right. Playing at level 28, that's not playing the game. It's not unpleasant enough to allow progress. Playing should be unpleasant otherwise what's the point.

Quote Originally Posted by eonfreon View Post
    I know. The idea of people doing what they like to do and still making some kind of character progression.... horrible indeed.
    Ikr? I would so <3 to progress my character by /dancing and gossiping with my friends. It is so unfair that I am limited to progressing my DDO character within the boundaries of the DDO game system.

/sarcasm
    http://myaccount.turbine.com

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

Quote Originally Posted by Tscheuss View Post
    Ikr? I would so <3 to progress my character by /dancing and gossiping with my friends. It is so unfair that I am limited to progressing my DDO character within the boundaries of the DDO game system.

/sarcasm
    Except that wasn't what was asked for. But it would be cool if Turbine could devise systems that more people would like to participate in. But I suppose "pain for gain" is here to stay.

2015 DDO Players Council
    Axel's DDO Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Ancient View Post
    What about a tome of karma transfer that took the karma in one destiny sphere and moved it to another?
    That's touchy as well. A lot of people hate that you have to earn karma in one specific sphere to get that past life. Not a big fan of the system myself. I'd rather Turbine just change the system instead of creating way to get around the crappy system.

Community Member

/sarcasm
    I have seen MMO posts by roleplayers who advocate this. I think there was even a spin off branch of muds devoted to the pursuit of what you describe.

But that wasn't what was asked for in this thread.

That's touchy as well. A lot of people hate that you have to earn karma in one specific sphere to get that past life. Not a big fan of the system myself. I'd rather Turbine just change the system instead of creating way to get around the crappy system.
    Unfortunately, it's looking less like Turbine will change the system and more likely that they'll just create a way to charge us to circumvent it.

But we can certainly hope, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    I came up with this idea before this released the details on Epic TR.

Gem of XP storage.

A BTC item that when activated (I guess either make it a cosmetic Hat or Trinket?) it "stored" your earned XP to be used later. This would be perfect for what the OP is suggesting as well as ED/Karma farming.
    That could definitely work and would certainly be simpler than my suggested solution.

Simply let the Gem of XP Storage store 15% of all xp earned when its activated (losing the other 85%), put a min lvl 20 req. to use XP from it and have pots, vip, ship and voice affect the xp it returns when emptied.

No need to change anything else.

2015 DDO Players Council Seikojin's Avatar

Uh, that is why people complain about an end-game.

Also, why not grind gear. Make new characters. I know you haven't capped all the available slots you could buy.

Strongly disagree with this since XP is much more plentiful in epics than in heroics. You could bypass pretty much all of low heroic levels just by banking a single VoN 3 run.

But worst of all..it would basically kill heroic levels. Why would anyone ever play them at level again when you can get XP much more easily at cap and bank it?

Oh and nobody would ever buy an Otto's box again.

If this XP could only be applied to advance destinies I'd be ok with it. Otherwise, No.
    Level 20 minimum to use covers that problem quite nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by mikarddo View Post
    That could definitely work and would certainly be simpler than my suggested solution.

Simply let the Gem of XP Storage store 15% of all xp earned when its activated (losing the other 85%), put a min lvl 20 req. to use XP from it and have pots, vip, ship and voice affect the xp it returns when emptied.

No need to change anything else.
    So I could then pay to have the privilege of keeping 15% of my xp earned so that I can play at cap and play in a preferred destiny, while making glacial like progress.

Sounds just expensive and painful enough that it would indeed be right up Turbine's alley to implement it.

seeing a lot of P2W suggestions to bypass parts of the game to get around the unpleasant parts, in this thread and others. are we now at that point? oh wait, we have been already there and done that. pretty sad when players actually come up with suggestions for Turbine to sell a product in the store so they can get past some of the unpleasant product that Turbine developed themselves. you know something is wrong with the product when enough people speak up about the stuff they don't like and start agreeing with each other on a paid bypass product. I guess the solution is there if you are willing to pay for it, but some of us who don't want to pay extra are still going to have to go through painful grinds already here which actually doesn't solve the problem. you just choose to pay to ignore it and says a lot about Turbines system.
    #MakeDDOGreatAgain

You are the one choosing not to play alts.

Casual player now investing way less than I used to into the game, playing 1-3 months at a time and still want nothing to do with Reaper. #improvepuggrouping#alldifficultiesmatter

Quote Originally Posted by Portalcat View Post
    The way to progress a level-capped character is to farm better loot for it.

There's a good argument to be made that there's limited loot to farm for right now - some EE items and top-level randgen loot mostly - and that this is not an attractive level-cap end game. The thing is, the very next update is to confirmed to include a level 28 dungeon area and 2 level 30 raids, with more endgame content to come over the rest of the year, so this is exact problem that they're working on right now.
    ^^^ this OP.

Community Member

I think they should require the 6 MM karma, but not empty your pool when you ETR. Why force people to play in off destinies? Although at the same time people say the game is too easy so I always have trouble understanding why people that think the game is too easy have a problem playing in a weaker destiny.

End game is farming better gear, as was previously mentioned. Just wait for level 30 cap and the accompanying raids. Hopefully "permanent" cap really means permanent. As it stands, there is no point recreating an endgame at 28 when 30 is imminent. It will come.
    http://myaccount.turbine.com

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

Quote Originally Posted by NaturalHazard View Post
    ^^^ this OP.
    I already answered this question. You can epic tr and still loot along the way so no loot is not a satisfactory answer to those that just want to play their level 28s and not true or epic reincarnate. There are a lot of people that still play DDO that would rather just play 28s and not do any form of reincarnation - I know many have left but whatever.
    Norg Fighter12/Paladin6/Monk2, Jacquiej Cleric18/Monk1/Wiz1, Rabiez Bard16/Ranger3/Cleric1, Hangover Bard L20, Boomsticks Fighter12/Monk 6/Druid 2, Grumblegut Ranger8/Paladin6/Monk6, Rabidly Rogue L20, Furiously Rogue10/Monk6/Paladin4, Snowcones Cleric 12/Ranger 6/Monk 2, Norge Barbarian 12/FVS4/Rogue4. Guild:Prophets of The New Republic Khyber.

End game is farming better gear, as was previously mentioned. Just wait for level 30 cap and the accompanying raids. Hopefully "permanent" cap really means permanent. As it stands, there is no point recreating an endgame at 28 when 30 is imminent. It will come.
    Seriously not a satisfactory answer. Loot is not enough for those that just want to play 28s only. The game needs more then that.
    Norg Fighter12/Paladin6/Monk2, Jacquiej Cleric18/Monk1/Wiz1, Rabiez Bard16/Ranger3/Cleric1, Hangover Bard L20, Boomsticks Fighter12/Monk 6/Druid 2, Grumblegut Ranger8/Paladin6/Monk6, Rabidly Rogue L20, Furiously Rogue10/Monk6/Paladin4, Snowcones Cleric 12/Ranger 6/Monk 2, Norge Barbarian 12/FVS4/Rogue4. Guild:Prophets of The New Republic Khyber.

Quote Originally Posted by maddmatt70 View Post
    Seriously not a satisfactory answer. Loot is not enough for those that just want to play 28s only. The game needs more then that.
    And playing level 28 currently comes at the expense of any character progress. If I have enough Vcomms to ETR and I don't do so, then I'm doing it wrong. Which really sucks for me.

Community Member Talon_Moonshadow's Avatar

It took me a whole week to cap and now I have no way to improve my character.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jandric View Post
    ..., but I honestly think the solution is to group with less whiny people.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast