Default Ckarlock the Bladeforged Paladin

This is a fun, tough and deadly paladin build I made (with some help from some people)....

I have been playing it a bit (TR'd into it the other day), am sitting at level 17 (almost 18) and it is a very very fun build.

Bladeforged Paladin 9/Fighter 8/Monk 3
    36 point build (Recommended)
    Str 18+4 tome+7 levels+10 item+1 exc+5 primal scream+15 divine might+2 ship+2 yugo+4 tenser's+2 enh=70
    Dex 10
    Con 14
    Int 10
    Wis 6
    Cha 16+4 tome+10 item+3 insight+1 exc+2 ship+2 enh+2 yugo=40

Leveling order:
    1 paladin
    2 monk
    3-10 fighter
    11-12 monk
    13-20 paladin

Feats:
    1-Power attack
    2m-THF
    3-cleave
    3f-wf: slash
    4f-stunning blow
    6-adept of forms
    6f-ws: slash
    8f-iTHF
    9-great cleave
    10f-gwf:slashing
    11m-dodge
    12-master of forms
    15-IC:slash (I start at level 15, so doesn't matter that I only get this now)
    18-Grandmaster of forms
    21-Overwhelming critical
    24-Gthf
    27-Blinding speed
    26ed-pTWF
    28ed-Tactician

HPs: 30 improved heroic durability+10 agents of argo favour reward+476 con+100 fury+50 false life+45 greensteel+20 toughness item+10 barb PL+100 paladin levels+80 fighter levels+16 monk levels+80 epic levels=994+28 if I get a +10 con item=1045

Stunning blow DC: 10+30 strength (70 strength=30 mod)+10 item+5 exc combat mastery+6 legendary tactics+2 tactician+3 kensei+3 bladeforged+1 fighter past life=70+4 titan's gloves/bard=74

Primary destiny either LD or Fury, doesn't especially matter, although I prefer fury.

In fury the twists i would use are : legendary tactics/dance of flowers/momentum swing, improved power attack, 15% fort bypass from shadowdancer, standing with stone from GMOF ... it really does not matter.

In LD you could go for something like Dance of flowers/Primal scream/Sense weakness.....

For enhancements, make sure you pick up centred with greatswords/greataxes or whatever, and also get divine might.....thinking of picking up exalted smite .... that ability was awesome in my paladin life.

Have fun pretty people, and kill more stuff!
    Last edited by kierg10; 12-31-2013 at 03:07 PM.
    Ckarlock Alarm (PDK bard 7 fighter 6 rogue 2) life 17
    Dragonbloodz Power (Drow sorc 20/epic 8) life 6
    Sorinsal (Drow rogue 20/epic 5) life 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    What I think is OP is anyone who uses implemented game mechanics, standard game features, or their own skill to be more effective in quests then I am - so I then find the time to post complaints about their use of implemented game mechanics, standard game features, or their own skill thus making me OP on the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bridge_Dweller View Post
    Here's a new flash for the people who have not evolved and still play sponge toons: you serve no purpose. it's rude, but it's the truth. Divines are powerful, have been for a long time. They don't need you. If you need them you add no value to the group.

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

Why pally 9 rather than more monk and/or ftr lvls? Is it just for the PL, or does it add something else I'm missing?

Quote Originally Posted by unbongwah View Post
    Why pally 9 rather than more monk and/or ftr lvls? Is it just for the PL, or does it add something else I'm missing?
    for the past life when I eventually TR out of this plus I like the paladin symbol more than fighter
    What I think is OP is anyone who uses implemented game mechanics, standard game features, or their own skill to be more effective in quests then I am - so I then find the time to post complaints about their use of implemented game mechanics, standard game features, or their own skill thus making me OP on the forums.
    Here's a new flash for the people who have not evolved and still play sponge toons: you serve no purpose. it's rude, but it's the truth. Divines are powerful, have been for a long time. They don't need you. If you need them you add no value to the group.

Community Member

1st reason: the amount of 12 ftr, 6monk, 2 pally builds on argo is too damn high
    2nd reason: usefull lay on hands are a nice thing to have
    3rd reason: he talks about exalted smites. but im skeptical if will have enough aps for it and im not sure if smites on a 9 pally are meaningful at all (???)

btw: i think there may be better feats for grandmaster of forms. maybe force of personality since you dumped wisdom

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by C-Shell View Post
    3rd reason: he talks about exalted smites. but im skeptical if will have enough aps for it and im not sure if smites on a 9 pally are meaningful at all (???)
    9 paladin levels would only be +34 to base damage. That's not why you use exalted smite thought, it's for the +2 to crit multiplier and crit range.

Quote Originally Posted by kierg10 View Post
    Str 18+4 tome+7 levels+10 item+3 insight+1 exc+5 primal scream+15 divine might+2 ship+2 yugo+4 tenser's+1 enh=72
    Minor thing, but both of these are the same type of bonus. So they shouldn't stack, unless I've missed something somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmanis View Post
    Minor thing, but both of these are the same type of bonus. So they shouldn't stack, unless I've missed something somewhere.
    thanks, didn't remember if they fixed that.....

And krelar and c-shell are right the number of 12 fighter 6 monk 2 pallies is too damn high! And +2 crit range is badass

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by kierg10 View Post
    thanks, didn't remember if they fixed that.....
    Nothing to "fix" as far as Turbine is concerned. The response was something along the lines of "I'm sure they'll find something else to put in that slot."

I did eventually, of course it wasn't until I reincarnated and was too low a level to put the old item there....

I LRed my fighter into something similar (I'm a drow, so a lot weaker even if cha bonus fits well withthe build) for the paly PL too and I'm having fun with him, especially compared to pure fighter. I went with 10 paly levels instead of 3 monk, but I think the 3rd monk level is better.

I took Empower healing instead of GMoF since I'm fleshy and relying on cocoon.
    Thelanis: Nassim* (F12/P6/M2) - Talienor** (P18/Ra2) - Feithlin** (F12/Bd7/C1) - Stoneoak* (F12/M6/P2) - Hokusai (M17/F2/C1) - Ardence* (Bd15/F3/Ro2) - Matsushiro* (Ro11/M6/P3) | Argonessen: Luneargent (W18/Ro2) - Talienor (Ro20) - Takshir (Bd16/F2/Ro2) - Hiacynthe (C20) | Ghallanda: A bunch of pre DDO Unlimited characters (field of testing for post U19 )

Quote Originally Posted by Krelar View Post
    Nothing to "fix" as far as Turbine is concerned. The response was something along the lines of "I'm sure they'll find something else to put in that slot."

I did eventually, of course it wasn't until I reincarnated and was too low a level to put the old item there....
    LOL I think it needs to be fixed, it's a stupid thing to not stack.

Quote Originally Posted by Feithlin View Post
    I LRed my fighter into something similar (I'm a drow, so a lot weaker even if cha bonus fits well withthe build) for the paly PL too and I'm having fun with him, especially compared to pure fighter. I went with 10 paly levels instead of 3 monk, but I think the 3rd monk level is better.

I took Empower healing instead of GMoF since I'm fleshy and relying on cocoon.
    Yes, if I were going to go fleshy I would drop GMoF and pick up empower heal for cocoon, but reconstruct SLA is too good

Also drow isn't half bad for this build, you could potentially reach slightly higher str/saves through more cha for divine might.

Monk 3 is superior through faster running speed, and the light finishing moves if you're not too lazy to use them (like me, although I might use them in higher end content, just no point yet).