Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Default Devs: Please Rebalance Quest XP AGAIN, this isn't fun anymore

50% of all LFM's on Khyber over lvl 20 at any given time are for Von3.

Do you know how tired I am running Von 3?

I mean seriously, how hard is it to just bump all the XP of literally every other quest 20% so we can actually have some variety in the quests we play? I have never run so much Von 3 in my life, even during repeated TR's before the changes to XP repetition penalties.

There's so much good content in this game, but there is simply no incentive for anyone to run it.

Community Member

No one is stopping you from running other content. Or is someone holding a gun to your head and making you run VON 3?

shhhhhhh...

Community Member

Ive often wondered why the new content they want us to buy is so often sub-standard compared to the old content we bought years ago.

In every other game Ive played its the other way around.

The only reason I can come up with is the Devs simply dont trust anyone providing feedback (which invariably is "needs more XP" and / or "needs better loot") and go with whatever placeholder rewards they add when the dungeon is first created.

Or maybe they just forget to update the placeholder. I have some ability on my BF Sorc which is called "Do Not Use". I see it on my buffs list from time to time. I still see the occasional "TBD" text too.

2015 DDO Players Council Sebastrd's Avatar

There's usually a VoN3 farming LFM up on Argo, as well; but I just don't see why it's a problem. With Comms dropping on only the first run every day, XP farming any epic quests seems counter-intuitive to me. If other people want to speed to 28 and then farm Comms, let them. Why does it bother you?

Astreya the Unturning

It's always a shame when the hammer of poor design choices smashes the fun of player tactical adaptation.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastrd View Post
    There's usually a VoN3 farming LFM up on Argo, as well; but I just don't see why it's a problem. With Comms dropping on only the first run every day, XP farming any epic quests seems counter-intuitive to me. If other people want to speed to 28 and then farm Comms, let them. Why does it bother you?
    It bothers me that I have to choose:

XP or Comms
    End loot or Comms

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jasparion View Post
    It bothers me that I have to choose:

XP or Comms
    End loot or Comms
    ^ This is the problem with Epic quests right now.

Although, I'd include the following change to the list if you have a non-capped guild: End loot or Comms or Guild Renown.

Community Member

Mostly this, still VON 3 has CRAZY XP, it just seems out of balance. The argument doesn't have to be about play style and telling the OP to just ignore what other do in game. That quest in Epic has TOO much XP.

Repeat...EPIC VON3 + Optionals = TO MUCH XP.

Quote Originally Posted by happybaby View Post
    Mostly this, still VON 3 has CRAZY XP, it just seems out of balance. The argument doesn't have to be about play style and telling the OP to just ignore what other do in game. That quest in Epic has TOO much XP.

Repeat...EPIC VON3 + Optionals = TO MUCH XP.
    Von 3 has the right amount of XP

if quests had a similar smooth linier run to Von 3 with as many possible optionals, trap bonuses, ransack that didn't require slowing down and hunting for every single box and decent base XP then a lot more quests would be run for XP.

that being said it is not the way to go for gaining CoV and really is more of a great place to farm your OFF DESTINIES

the problem is not Von3 having too much its other quests having too little.

Quote Originally Posted by jakeelala View Post
    50% of all LFM's on Khyber over lvl 20 at any given time are for Von3.

Do you know how tired I am running Von 3?

I mean seriously, how hard is it to just bump all the XP of literally every other quest 20% so we can actually have some variety in the quests we play? I have never run so much Von 3 in my life, even during repeated TR's before the changes to XP repetition penalties.

There's so much good content in this game, but there is simply no incentive for anyone to run it.
    That's odd as I play on khyber and sure I see lots of von3 but no where near 50% of lfm. I would point out myself and most people I know that do run von3 for xp don't even bother to put a lfm up.

I would agree though some of the other supposedly EPIC quest surely give heroic suck XP
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    Insulting the development team is not allowed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jendrak
    Somebody should definitely explain to Turbine that when they roll up a new GM that INT is not dump stat.

And while we're at it, can we balance the classes as well? The last 4 Von3s I ran were pretty much all monks with 3 or 4 WF arcanes tossed in for good measure. Not a single other class was represented. I think one of the monks had some ranger levels, and one of the WF was a wiz with two rogue levels. You never see any other race in arcanes anymore. And everyone has a few monk levels. It's pretty clear how off balance things are.

But yeah, if you are tired of running Von3, don't. Wiz king and even Von4 both give pretty good xp as well. And the Amrath quests are giving much better xp now too, and most people haven't run those too many times.

Community Member

I think it's balanced perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by AzB View Post
    And while we're at it, can we balance the classes as well? The last 4 Von3s I ran were pretty much all monks with 3 or 4 WF arcanes tossed in for good measure. Not a single other class was represented. I think one of the monks had some ranger levels, and one of the WF was a wiz with two rogue levels. You never see any other race in arcanes anymore. And everyone has a few monk levels. It's pretty clear how off balance things are.

But yeah, if you are tired of running Von3, don't. Wiz king and even Von4 both give pretty good xp as well. And the Amrath quests are giving much better xp now too, and most people haven't run those too many times.

So which class were you representing? Because if you were a Monk or Arcane, then you're merely contributing to the "problem" and if not, then at least one other class was represented.

Monk based or at least splashed melee are fotm, the next best thing for most players are WF arcanes. It's hardly surprising that you're seeing a plethora of them farming off destinies. Having said that, I myself have have done daily runs of Von 3 on all manner of different classes and encountered every class in lfms there.

VON3 is the one quest that gives a decent xp/min ratio and has some nice chests along the way to the finish.
    Every optional is a nice bonus for both reasons.
    There is something to do in there for every class and can be run without the need for any specific class.
    Even a group of 6 bards can make it to the end of it. (or should I call that a band? It most definitely is a party! )
    I even run it while capped but no more then twice a day, any more would be silly.
    I mean, no comms and a to high xp penalty.

One, two! One, two! and through and through. The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
    He left it dead, and with its head. He went galumphing back.

Community Member

You'd think if they wanted people to buy new expansions they'd make them decent xp. Shadowfell quests need at least double their xp. Through a mirror darkly should give VON 3 xp.
    The gianthold saga quests get run a lot. I never see any of the others run or on lfm.
    Just awestruck, wether it be a Dragon flying overhead Stormreach, that glowing character who just zoomed in'n'out of the Pub, or that i can drink a Beholder under the table and best of all rescuing Damsels in distress.

Please leave Von3 alone

Yes its a lot of Exp but its there just for that - easy mode exp for off destiny farms or daily runs with multiple chars. Also some people don't have all the packs so ID, HoRB not available to them for this purpose

I have spent the last two weeks playing EE Sagas (all of the quests) and never had much of a problem filling any groups. This may be to double coms but im loving it!

Imo If you don't like the LFMs set up your own and see what happens

I do agree that more exp on other quests would be great but trust me run those sagas on EE, drink a 50 pot and then cash em all in and you are banking close to 1.4million exp right there IIRC

Don't like EE, don't like Von 3 exp? don't like farming Comms?? What do you like to do in DDO?

If the content is not, why you run it, then your argument about *good content* is just a hidden yell for general more xp. in a selective number of quests, you alone may like. I loved it if Cannith Crystal got epicified with 60k xp. reward for beating down the same 6 mobs. With Shadow Veil effect active. Just troll all xp/min. people ;PPPP
    Characters on Orien:
    Wanzer/ Klingtanz/ Incanta Superior/ Mercantus

Actually, comms dont drop only on the first run of the day, they drop if you didnt ransack the quest, so you can do the quest 4 times in 1 day if its your first time on all diff and still get vcomms for every run.
    SO you can do von 3 on hard twice, ee once, en once, idk if ec drops vcomms.

Complaints like this are most likely to result in VoN3's XP being slashed, rather than the XP of other quests being increased.
    All on Thelanis: Archenpaul Sixblade, Archernicus Thornwood, Gregorovic Redcloak, Hermanius Brightblade, Jaklomeo Evermug, Jonathraxius Kane, and Praetoreus Silvershield.

Guild: Guinness Knights

Cogito ergo summopere periculosus.

Stormhorns XP should be doubled for every quest. Other stuff maybe a 50% increase.

Leave Von3 alone.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast