Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Cleric help

  1. #1
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    32

    Default Cleric help

    Hello. i am looking for assistance in fixing my cleric.
    i wanted to make a variation of the Radiant Titan, but without the Paladin past lives and human healing amp, it's pretty lousy with only 17-18 healing aura ticks.
    My melee damage is also pretty bad, somewhere between 25-30 per swing. Not being human, i lose the extra feat, but i somehow came out two feats short and could not get Quicken, either. So, I LR'd again to a more caster based build, but that's not totally to my liking. I do prefer a melee focused build when not healing. since i'd prefer not to be totally caster based,

    my main focus right now is to solo L20 challenges to buy the Elemental Great axe (for dwarf and kensai enh), but to also be useful to a group in epic content. My current class split is 17CLR/2PAL/1FTR (halfway to 21).
    any tips are appreciated!
    thanks

  2. #2
    Community Member wtorchia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    91

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RPGMasta View Post
    Hello. i am looking for assistance in fixing my cleric.
    i wanted to make a variation of the Radiant Titan, but without the Paladin past lives and human healing amp, it's pretty lousy with only 17-18 healing aura ticks.
    My melee damage is also pretty bad, somewhere between 25-30 per swing. Not being human, i lose the extra feat, but i somehow came out two feats short and could not get Quicken, either. So, I LR'd again to a more caster based build, but that's not totally to my liking. I do prefer a melee focused build when not healing. since i'd prefer not to be totally caster based,

    my main focus right now is to solo L20 challenges to buy the Elemental Great axe (for dwarf and kensai enh), but to also be useful to a group in epic content. My current class split is 17CLR/2PAL/1FTR (halfway to 21).
    any tips are appreciated!
    thanks
    Knowing your stats / feats / gear / ED will help. I am running a 3rd life 17 cleric/2 pal/1 fighter human in FOTW ED my self. Here is some general advice though:

    Aura:
    I have invested a lot into making sure my aura / heals are maxed in as few items / skills as possible.

    My aura ticks for 61 right now.

    Healing amp:
    30% amp from human
    30% from PDK gloves
    20% from bracers (no longer drop)
    10% from ship buff
    Feats:
    Empower healing (75 pos base)
    Enhancements:
    32 pos from RS
    25 Improved Empower Healing
    16 universal from RS
    10 pos from Altruism
    6 universal from DD
    Skills:
    Maxed heal + wisdom of 24 with gear (forget total)
    Gear:
    108 pos power ring (no longer drops)



    You can replace the ring with http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Shamanic_Fetish . You can also switch to a different weapon set that has a high pos spell power stick when you cast your aura, then switch back to your melee set.

    Either way, you are missing 20% + 30% healing amp that I have. That will hurt a lot. You can get 30% of it by TRing into a human.

    Melee:
    Gear:
    2 x celestia
    or
    2 x nightmare
    or
    1 x celestia / 1 x nightmare
    Flawless Black dragon set
    Feats:
    Power attack
    3 x TWF
    IC pierce
    2 x cleave
    over whelming crit
    Perfect TWF
    Spells:
    Divine might (11 insightful ST) - ALWAYS on
    Divine Power (Full BAB) - ALWAYS on
    Rage scroll (2 ST) - Burst damage
    Tensers scroll(4 ST) - Burst damage
    Enhancements:
    Speed boost
    +3 ST / +3 CH when boosted

    I can burst my ST to about 60 for 20 sec at time. Or about 56 for 1-2 min. I usually am usually running at a 52 ST though. I see about 40 average damage from celestia, and 50 from nightmare. Crits are in the 200ish range I think. I was using 2 x oath blade until I hit 23. I was seeing damage in the 20s I think. Most of my damage comes from cleavers, crits, and using the FOTW rage.

    This is where I need to know your stats. Mainly CH and ST. I had a starting ST of 16 with all level ups and a + 3 tome. I am still able to hit very high strengths because I also have a high CH. This boosts your saves AND your ST.
    Last edited by wtorchia; 12-30-2013 at 07:58 PM.
    I am a Warpriest. Every battlefield is my church, my holy books are written with weapons. You will repent before the end of the sermon, but don't despair, I shall guide you to your absolution down the path of blunt force trauma.

  3. #3
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    32

    Default

    thanks for the reply, but i am only halfway through 20. i barely have any non-epic raid gear from VoD and whatever else was available before Update 10. this character was an alt, getting some time now because i have TRd my main. i am recently returned so still trying to feel things out. i did one of the FR quests from Evening Star, i think at level it was for L15, but elite was 17. it took me a long time to solo that one as the previous melee build i was trying (akin to the Radiant Titan https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...e-healing-spec). since i'm newly returned, i haven't decided if i want to spring for the two expansions or buy ED with TP. that means i currently don't have them.

    i didn't list my current feats or stats because i LRd into a more caster type build, but i don't like it. i prefer melee and would rather get back to that.
    i do have two raiders boxes, so when i'm 23, i'll be able to select the weapons you mention. the feats you list are all melee heavy, without healing amp i would basically have no healing ability for groups in epic norm or hard?

  4. #4
    Community Member wtorchia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    91

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RPGMasta View Post
    thanks for the reply, but i am only halfway through 20. i barely have any non-epic raid gear from VoD and whatever else was available before Update 10. this character was an alt, getting some time now because i have TRd my main. i am recently returned so still trying to feel things out. i did one of the FR quests from Evening Star, i think at level it was for L15, but elite was 17. it took me a long time to solo that one as the previous melee build i was trying (akin to the Radiant Titan https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...e-healing-spec). since i'm newly returned, i haven't decided if i want to spring for the two expansions or buy ED with TP. that means i currently don't have them.

    i didn't list my current feats or stats because i LRd into a more caster type build, but i don't like it. i prefer melee and would rather get back to that.
    i do have two raiders boxes, so when i'm 23, i'll be able to select the weapons you mention. the feats you list are all melee heavy, without healing amp i would basically have no healing ability for groups in epic norm or hard?
    You dnt really need much to heal now a days. In my melee gear/ed I have 1450 SP. With all of the free healing from bursts and aura I usually end an at level EH quest with 800 + sp. Most of that is spend on Divine might and power. In my healing gear I have 2100 SP, but a 10% reduction on spell costs and a little more poss spell power. I think maybe 50 more. I have never had a problem healing a raid with my set up. Most people have some healing amp or other self healing like Rejuvenation Cocoon.

    90% of the melee damage comes from the ED now so you will need them at some point. Take a look at the Legendary dreadnought ED. Master's Blitz can add 250% melee damage per swing. Couple that with a a good crit profile and high ST and you will see crits in the 600 + range easy.

    As for gear, there is an easy to get lvl 20 set in the expansion that I still use when I TR. http://ddowiki.com/page/Knight%27s_Loyalty . It gives +9 st, +9 con, +3 stacking hit / damage , 30% healing amp and more. You can farm the coms for it in the explorer areas in the expansion. Get the gloves first.
    I am a Warpriest. Every battlefield is my church, my holy books are written with weapons. You will repent before the end of the sermon, but don't despair, I shall guide you to your absolution down the path of blunt force trauma.

  5. #5
    2015 DDO Players Council
    Axel's DDO Channel
    axel15810's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    East Coast, USA
    Posts
    2,930

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RPGMasta View Post
    Hello. i am looking for assistance in fixing my cleric.
    i wanted to make a variation of the Radiant Titan, but without the Paladin past lives and human healing amp, it's pretty lousy with only 17-18 healing aura ticks.
    My melee damage is also pretty bad, somewhere between 25-30 per swing. Not being human, i lose the extra feat, but i somehow came out two feats short and could not get Quicken, either. So, I LR'd again to a more caster based build, but that's not totally to my liking. I do prefer a melee focused build when not healing. since i'd prefer not to be totally caster based,

    my main focus right now is to solo L20 challenges to buy the Elemental Great axe (for dwarf and kensai enh), but to also be useful to a group in epic content. My current class split is 17CLR/2PAL/1FTR (halfway to 21).
    any tips are appreciated!
    thanks
    What are your character's starting stats, gear, feats and enhancements? Really hard to help you fix your build without more information.

    Click the banner above to get to my DDO youtube channel

  6. #6
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    32

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by axel15810 View Post
    What are your character's starting stats, gear, feats and enhancements? Really hard to help you fix your build without more information.
    that is the problem, i LRd into a more caster focused build and would rather go back to something more melee oriented, but that can still be helpful to groups if i find one.

    my gear is nothing good.
    head - CC hat with +6 wis and 15 balance
    goggle - deadly vi of +5 resist
    neck - lorrik's (wis and 150sp)
    chest - full plate of the defender
    bracer - proof against poison +8 with 25 false life
    glove - ogre power +6 of seeker v
    ring 1 - +6con of balance +5
    ring 2 - katra's razor wit (+6 cha and 13 diplo)
    cloak - deadly v accuracy iii
    belt - kormor's (archmage 200sp)
    boot - 100% fort speed vi
    trinket - voice of the master (the CC one didn't make sense on this guy)
    weapon 1 - +4 acid ii great axe of riposte 1.5[W] paragon
    weapon 2 - +5 holy burst falchion of pure good 2[W] epic

    i realize the goggles and cloak deadly don't stack, and the SP from neck and belt don't stack, but have no other options. been browsing AH but not finding anything worth the plat, yet.

  7. #7
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    32

    Default

    playing with the CharGen, this is what i've come up with. haven't laid out enhancements yet, but i think the feats are about right. any feedback, please? i know missing Quicken is gonna hamper raid healing, but i don't see myself in raids anytime soon at all.

    Code:
    Character Plan by DDO Character Planner Version 04.19.03
    DDO Character Planner Home Page
    
    Barnan Lightbringer
    Level 20 Lawful Good Dwarf Male
    (1 Fighter \ 2 Paladin \ 17 Cleric) 
    Hit Points: 308
    Spell Points: 1031 
    BAB: 15\15\20\25\25
    Fortitude: 22
    Reflex: 10
    Will: 16
    
                      Starting          Feat/Enhancement
    Abilities        Base Stats          Modified Stats
    (32 Point)       (Level 1)             (Level 20)
    Strength             14                    21
    Dexterity            12                    14
    Constitution         16                    18
    Intelligence         12                    13
    Wisdom               14                    17
    Charisma             12                    14
    
    Tomes Used
    +2 Tome of Strength used at level 1
    +2 Tome of Dexterity used at level 1
    +2 Tome of Constitution used at level 1
    +1 Tome of Intelligence used at level 1
    +3 Tome of Wisdom used at level 1
    +2 Tome of Charisma used at level 1
    
                      Starting          Feat/Enhancement
                     Base Skills         Modified Skills
    Skills           (Level 1)            (Level 20)
    Balance               2                     6
    Bluff                 2                     2
    Concentration         8                    27
    Diplomacy             2                     4
    Disable Device        n/a                   n/a
    Haggle                2                     2
    Heal                  7                    26
    Hide                  2                     2
    Intimidate            2                     2
    Jump                  3                     8
    Listen                3                     3
    Move Silently         2                     2
    Open Lock             n/a                   n/a
    Perform               n/a                   n/a
    Repair                1                     1
    Search                1                     3
    Spellcraft            5                    19
    Spot                  3                     3
    Swim                  3                     5
    Tumble                n/a                   n/a
    Use Magic Device      n/a                   n/a
    
    Level 1 (Cleric)
    Skill: Concentration (+4)
    Skill: Heal (+4)
    Skill: Spellcraft (+4)
    Feat: (Selected) Empower Healing Spell
    Feat: (Deity) Follower of the Sovereign Host
    
    
    Level 2 (Fighter)
    Skill: Jump (+3)
    Feat: (Fighter Bonus) Power Attack
    
    
    Level 3 (Paladin)
    Skill: Concentration (+1)
    Skill: Diplomacy (+1)
    Skill: Heal (+1)
    Feat: (Selected) Toughness
    
    
    Level 4 (Paladin)
    Ability Raise: STR
    Skill: Concentration (+1)
    Skill: Diplomacy (+1)
    Skill: Heal (+1)
    
    
    Level 5 (Cleric)
    Skill: Concentration (+2)
    Skill: Heal (+1)
    
    
    Level 6 (Cleric)
    Skill: Concentration (+1)
    Skill: Heal (+2)
    Feat: (Selected) Maximize Spell
    
    
    Level 7 (Cleric)
    Skill: Concentration (+1)
    Skill: Heal (+1)
    Skill: Spellcraft (+1)
    
    
    Level 8 (Cleric)
    Ability Raise: STR
    Skill: Concentration (+1)
    Skill: Heal (+1)
    Skill: Spellcraft (+1)
    
    
    Level 9 (Cleric)
    Skill: Concentration (+1)
    Skill: Heal (+1)
    Skill: Spellcraft (+1)
    Feat: (Selected) Cleave
    
    
    Level 10 (Cleric)
    Skill: Concentration (+1)
    Skill: Heal (+1)
    Skill: Spellcraft (+1)
    
    
    Level 11 (Cleric)
    Skill: Concentration (+1)
    Skill: Heal (+1)
    Skill: Spellcraft (+1)
    
    
    Level 12 (Cleric)
    Ability Raise: STR
    Skill: Concentration (+1)
    Skill: Heal (+1)
    Skill: Spellcraft (+1)
    Feat: (Selected) Two Handed Fighting
    
    
    Level 13 (Cleric)
    Skill: Concentration (+1)
    Skill: Heal (+1)
    Skill: Spellcraft (+1)
    
    
    Level 14 (Cleric)
    Skill: Concentration (+1)
    Skill: Heal (+1)
    Skill: Spellcraft (+1)
    
    
    Level 15 (Cleric)
    Skill: Concentration (+1)
    Skill: Heal (+1)
    Skill: Spellcraft (+1)
    Feat: (Selected) Improved Two Handed Fighting
    
    
    Level 16 (Cleric)
    Ability Raise: STR
    Skill: Concentration (+1)
    Skill: Heal (+1)
    Skill: Spellcraft (+1)
    
    
    Level 17 (Cleric)
    Skill: Concentration (+1)
    Skill: Heal (+1)
    Skill: Spellcraft (+1)
    
    
    Level 18 (Cleric)
    Skill: Concentration (+1)
    Skill: Heal (+1)
    Skill: Spellcraft (+1)
    Feat: (Selected) Great Cleave
    
    
    Level 19 (Cleric)
    Skill: Concentration (+1)
    Skill: Heal (+1)
    Skill: Spellcraft (+1)
    
    
    Level 20 (Cleric)
    Ability Raise: STR
    Skill: Concentration (+1)
    Skill: Heal (+1)
    Skill: Spellcraft (+1)

  8. #8
    2015 DDO Players Council
    Axel's DDO Channel
    axel15810's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    East Coast, USA
    Posts
    2,930

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RPGMasta View Post
    playing with the CharGen, this is what i've come up with. haven't laid out enhancements yet, but i think the feats are about right. any feedback, please? i know missing Quicken is gonna hamper raid healing, but i don't see myself in raids anytime soon at all.

    Code:
    Character Plan by DDO Character Planner Version 04.19.03
    DDO Character Planner Home Page
    
    Barnan Lightbringer
    Level 20 Lawful Good Dwarf Male
    (1 Fighter \ 2 Paladin \ 17 Cleric) 
    Hit Points: 308
    Spell Points: 1031 
    BAB: 15\15\20\25\25
    Fortitude: 22
    Reflex: 10
    Will: 16
    
                      Starting          Feat/Enhancement
    Abilities        Base Stats          Modified Stats
    (32 Point)       (Level 1)             (Level 20)
    Strength             14                    21
    Dexterity            12                    14
    Constitution         16                    18
    Intelligence         12                    13
    Wisdom               14                    17
    Charisma             12                    14
    
    Tomes Used
    +2 Tome of Strength used at level 1
    +2 Tome of Dexterity used at level 1
    +2 Tome of Constitution used at level 1
    +1 Tome of Intelligence used at level 1
    +3 Tome of Wisdom used at level 1
    +2 Tome of Charisma used at level 1
    
                      Starting          Feat/Enhancement
                     Base Skills         Modified Skills
    Skills           (Level 1)            (Level 20)
    Balance               2                     6
    Bluff                 2                     2
    Concentration         8                    27
    Diplomacy             2                     4
    Disable Device        n/a                   n/a
    Haggle                2                     2
    Heal                  7                    26
    Hide                  2                     2
    Intimidate            2                     2
    Jump                  3                     8
    Listen                3                     3
    Move Silently         2                     2
    Open Lock             n/a                   n/a
    Perform               n/a                   n/a
    Repair                1                     1
    Search                1                     3
    Spellcraft            5                    19
    Spot                  3                     3
    Swim                  3                     5
    Tumble                n/a                   n/a
    Use Magic Device      n/a                   n/a
    
    Level 1 (Cleric)
    Skill: Concentration (+4)
    Skill: Heal (+4)
    Skill: Spellcraft (+4)
    Feat: (Selected) Empower Healing Spell
    Feat: (Deity) Follower of the Sovereign Host
    
    
    Level 2 (Fighter)
    Skill: Jump (+3)
    Feat: (Fighter Bonus) Power Attack
    
    
    Level 3 (Paladin)
    Skill: Concentration (+1)
    Skill: Diplomacy (+1)
    Skill: Heal (+1)
    Feat: (Selected) Toughness
    
    
    Level 4 (Paladin)
    Ability Raise: STR
    Skill: Concentration (+1)
    Skill: Diplomacy (+1)
    Skill: Heal (+1)
    
    
    Level 5 (Cleric)
    Skill: Concentration (+2)
    Skill: Heal (+1)
    
    
    Level 6 (Cleric)
    Skill: Concentration (+1)
    Skill: Heal (+2)
    Feat: (Selected) Maximize Spell
    
    
    Level 7 (Cleric)
    Skill: Concentration (+1)
    Skill: Heal (+1)
    Skill: Spellcraft (+1)
    
    
    Level 8 (Cleric)
    Ability Raise: STR
    Skill: Concentration (+1)
    Skill: Heal (+1)
    Skill: Spellcraft (+1)
    
    
    Level 9 (Cleric)
    Skill: Concentration (+1)
    Skill: Heal (+1)
    Skill: Spellcraft (+1)
    Feat: (Selected) Cleave
    
    
    Level 10 (Cleric)
    Skill: Concentration (+1)
    Skill: Heal (+1)
    Skill: Spellcraft (+1)
    
    
    Level 11 (Cleric)
    Skill: Concentration (+1)
    Skill: Heal (+1)
    Skill: Spellcraft (+1)
    
    
    Level 12 (Cleric)
    Ability Raise: STR
    Skill: Concentration (+1)
    Skill: Heal (+1)
    Skill: Spellcraft (+1)
    Feat: (Selected) Two Handed Fighting
    
    
    Level 13 (Cleric)
    Skill: Concentration (+1)
    Skill: Heal (+1)
    Skill: Spellcraft (+1)
    
    
    Level 14 (Cleric)
    Skill: Concentration (+1)
    Skill: Heal (+1)
    Skill: Spellcraft (+1)
    
    
    Level 15 (Cleric)
    Skill: Concentration (+1)
    Skill: Heal (+1)
    Skill: Spellcraft (+1)
    Feat: (Selected) Improved Two Handed Fighting
    
    
    Level 16 (Cleric)
    Ability Raise: STR
    Skill: Concentration (+1)
    Skill: Heal (+1)
    Skill: Spellcraft (+1)
    
    
    Level 17 (Cleric)
    Skill: Concentration (+1)
    Skill: Heal (+1)
    Skill: Spellcraft (+1)
    
    
    Level 18 (Cleric)
    Skill: Concentration (+1)
    Skill: Heal (+1)
    Skill: Spellcraft (+1)
    Feat: (Selected) Great Cleave
    
    
    Level 19 (Cleric)
    Skill: Concentration (+1)
    Skill: Heal (+1)
    Skill: Spellcraft (+1)
    
    
    Level 20 (Cleric)
    Ability Raise: STR
    Skill: Concentration (+1)
    Skill: Heal (+1)
    Skill: Spellcraft (+1)
    Toughness is no longer needed as a prerequisite for enhancements, so you can switch that for Quicken. Besides that feats look ok. You may want to consider going human so you can fit in GTHF. I'd also take the cleaves earlier, they are great for lower level content. You also should consider putting off your 2 pally levels until levels 14 and 15. That way you can get your Aura faster. If you're going full warpriest it may not matter as much.

    As for your stats, why so much WIS? If not going for a DC casting build, all it does is give you some extra SP. Since you'll have tons of free healing and you're not an offensive caster, you won't need many SPs. Not that useful an investment of build points. Because of that, I'd only take the minimum required Wisdom. You need only 19 for lvl 9 spells, and since you have a +3 tome, I'd take 10 WIS at the very most. That will give you 19 with a +6 item. It's much more useful to put it into CON, STR or CHA in my opinion. I'd get STR to 16, CON to 14 or 16, WIS to 10, CHA to 12 or 14. Couple points in DEX for reflexes if you can afford them.

    Also, I'd dump INT completely. I believe you'll still have enough points for 2 skills. I'd personally go with Heal and Balance. Concentration won't be very useful since you'll have quicken and Spellcraft is decent but you aren't a caster build so I'd personally rather have balance since I'll be up front meleeing.

    Hope that helps, good luck have fun with the build.
    Last edited by axel15810; 01-03-2014 at 09:10 AM.

    Click the banner above to get to my DDO youtube channel

  9. #9
    Community Member wtorchia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    91

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by axel15810 View Post
    Toughness is no longer needed as a prerequisite for enhancements, so you can switch that for Quicken. Besides that feats look ok. You may want to consider going human so you can fit in GTHF. I'd also take the cleaves earlier, they are great for lower level content. You also should consider putting off your 2 pally levels until levels 14 and 15. That way you can get your Aura faster. If you're going full warpriest it may not matter as much.

    As for your stats, why so much WIS? If not going for a DC casting build, all it does is give you some extra SP. Since you'll have tons of free healing and you're not an offensive caster, you won't need many SPs. Not that useful an investment of build points. Because of that, I'd only take the minimum required Wisdom. You need only 19 for lvl 9 spells, and since you have a +3 tome, I'd take 10 WIS at the very most. That will give you 19 with a +6 item. It's much more useful to put it into CON, STR or CHA in my opinion. I'd get STR to 16, CON to 14 or 16, WIS to 10, CHA to 12 or 14. Couple points in DEX for reflexes if you can afford them.

    Also, I'd dump INT completely. I believe you'll still have enough points for 2 skills. I'd personally go with Heal and Balance. Concentration won't be very useful since you'll have quicken and Spellcraft is decent but you aren't a caster build so I'd personally rather have balance since I'll be up front meleeing.

    Hope that helps, good luck have fun with the build.
    I will second all of this advice, except the skills. Getting maxed UMD can be useful as well. Being able to use Great heroism, Tensers, and Rage scrolls is nice. Gives you a good burst Str when you need it. My build is a TWF, 3rd life human cleric. I have +3 tomes for all stats. Here is what I went with:

    STR: 16 (All level ups)
    DEX: 14
    CON: 14
    INT: 11
    WIS: 9
    CHR: 16

    You can drop the DEX to 8 with no impact on the build. Your 16 Con is the same stat points as my 14. Chr is your 2nd most important stat after Str. Every 2 points of Chr gets you +1 save, +1 turn, and +1 Str. I am currently getting +14 Str from my divine might.
    I am a Warpriest. Every battlefield is my church, my holy books are written with weapons. You will repent before the end of the sermon, but don't despair, I shall guide you to your absolution down the path of blunt force trauma.

  10. #10
    Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    12,797

    Default

    I'm presuming this is an LR +0 and you're listing the tomes you've already taken. So here's my stab at a rebuild:
    Code:
    Character Plan by DDO Character Planner Version 04.19.03
    DDO Character Planner Home Page
    
    Level 28 Lawful Good Dwarf Female
    (1 Fighter \ 2 Paladin \ 17 Cleric \ 8 Epic) 
    Hit Points: 413
    Spell Points: 1205 
    BAB: 15\15\20\25\25
    Fortitude: 25
    Reflex: 11
    Will: 16
    
                      Starting          Feat/Enhancement
    Abilities        Base Stats          Modified Stats
    (32 Point)       (Level 1)             (Level 28)
    Strength             17                    26
    Dexterity             8                    10
    Constitution         16                    18
    Intelligence         11                    14
    Wisdom                8                    11
    Charisma             14                    16
    
    Tomes Used
    +1 Tome of Intelligence used at level 3
    +2 Tome of Strength used at level 7
    +2 Tome of Dexterity used at level 7
    +2 Tome of Constitution used at level 7
    +2 Tome of Charisma used at level 7
    +3 Tome of Intelligence used at level 11
    +3 Tome of Wisdom used at level 11
    
                      Starting          Feat/Enhancement
                     Base Skills         Modified Skills
    Skills           (Level 1)            (Level 28)
    Balance              -1                    12
    Bluff                 2                    11
    Concentration         3                    38
    Diplomacy             2                    14
    Disable Device        n/a                  n/a
    Haggle                2                    11
    Heal                  3                    34
    Hide                 -1                     8
    Intimidate            2                    11
    Jump                  3                    16
    Listen               -1                     8
    Move Silently        -1                     8
    Open Lock            n/a                    n/a
    Perform               n/a                  n/a
    Repair                0                    10
    Search                0                    12
    Spellcraft            4                    33
    Spot                 -1                     8
    Swim                  3                    16
    Tumble               n/a                    9
    Use Magic Device      n/a                  n/a
    
    Level 1 (Cleric)
    Skill: Heal (+4)
    Skill: Spellcraft (+4)
    Feat: (Selected) Empower Healing Spell
    Feat: (Deity) Follower of the Sovereign Host
    
    
    Level 2 (Fighter)
    Skill: Spellcraft (+1)
    Feat: (Fighter Bonus) Power Attack
    
    
    Level 3 (Paladin)
    Skill: Heal (+2)
    Feat: (Selected) Cleave
    
    
    Level 4 (Paladin)
    Ability Raise: STR
    Skill: Concentration (+2)
    Skill: Heal (+1)
    
    
    Level 5 (Cleric)
    Skill: Concentration (+2)
    Skill: Heal (+1)
    
    
    Level 6 (Cleric)
    Skill: Concentration (+3)
    Feat: (Selected) Great Cleave
    
    
    Level 7 (Cleric)
    Skill: Concentration (+3)
    
    
    Level 8 (Cleric)
    Ability Raise: STR
    Skill: Heal (+3)
    
    
    Level 9 (Cleric)
    Skill: Concentration (+2)
    Skill: Heal (+1)
    Feat: (Selected) Maximize Spell
    
    
    Level 10 (Cleric)
    Skill: Concentration (+1)
    Skill: Heal (+1)
    Skill: Spellcraft (+1)
    
    
    Level 11 (Cleric)
    Skill: Concentration (+1)
    Skill: Heal (+1)
    Skill: Spellcraft (+1)
    
    
    Level 12 (Cleric)
    Ability Raise: STR
    Skill: Concentration (+1)
    Skill: Heal (+1)
    Skill: Spellcraft (+2)
    Feat: (Selected) Improved Critical: Slashing Weapons
    
    
    Level 13 (Cleric)
    Skill: Concentration (+1)
    Skill: Heal (+1)
    Skill: Spellcraft (+2)
    
    
    Level 14 (Cleric)
    Skill: Concentration (+1)
    Skill: Heal (+1)
    Skill: Spellcraft (+2)
    
    
    Level 15 (Cleric)
    Skill: Concentration (+1)
    Skill: Heal (+1)
    Skill: Spellcraft (+2)
    Feat: (Selected) Quicken Spell
    
    
    Level 16 (Cleric)
    Ability Raise: STR
    Skill: Concentration (+1)
    Skill: Heal (+1)
    Skill: Spellcraft (+2)
    
    
    Level 17 (Cleric)
    Skill: Concentration (+1)
    Skill: Heal (+1)
    Skill: Spellcraft (+2)
    
    
    Level 18 (Cleric)
    Skill: Concentration (+1)
    Skill: Heal (+1)
    Skill: Spellcraft (+2)
    Feat: (Selected) Empower Spell
    
    
    Level 19 (Cleric)
    Skill: Concentration (+1)
    Skill: Heal (+1)
    Skill: Tumble (+1)
    
    
    Level 20 (Cleric)
    Ability Raise: STR
    Skill: Concentration (+1)
    Skill: Heal (+1)
    Skill: Spellcraft (+2)
    Enhancement: Dwarf - Dwarven Toughness (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Dwarf - Axe Training (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Radiant Servant (Clr) - Healing Domain (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Radiant Servant (Clr) - Pacifism (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Radiant Servant (Clr) - Positive Energy Burst (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Radiant Servant (Clr) - Extra Turning (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Radiant Servant (Clr) - Extra Turning (Rank 2)
    Enhancement: Radiant Servant (Clr) - Extra Turning (Rank 3)
    Enhancement: Radiant Servant (Clr) - Wand Mastery (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Radiant Servant (Clr) - Wand Mastery (Rank 2)
    Enhancement: Radiant Servant (Clr) - Wand Mastery (Rank 3)
    Enhancement: Radiant Servant (Clr) - Altruism (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Radiant Servant (Clr) - Altruism (Rank 2)
    Enhancement: Radiant Servant (Clr) - Altruism (Rank 3)
    Enhancement: Radiant Servant (Clr) - Improved Turning (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Radiant Servant (Clr) - Improved Turning (Rank 2)
    Enhancement: Radiant Servant (Clr) - Intense Healing (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Radiant Servant (Clr) - Intense Healing (Rank 2)
    Enhancement: Radiant Servant (Clr) - Unyielding Sovereignty (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Radiant Servant (Clr) - Endless Turning (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Radiant Servant (Clr) - Endless Turning (Rank 2)
    Enhancement: Radiant Servant (Clr) - Incredible Healing (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Radiant Servant (Clr) - Incredible Healing (Rank 2)
    Enhancement: Radiant Servant (Clr) - Divine Health (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Radiant Servant (Clr) - Positive Energy Aura (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Radiant Servant (Clr) - Cure Focus (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Warpriest (Clr) - Smite Foe (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Warpriest (Clr) - Resilience of Battle (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Warpriest (Clr) - Sanctuary (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Warpriest (Clr) - War Domain: Blur (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Warpriest (Clr) - Divine Might (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Warpriest (Clr) - Divine Might (Rank 2)
    Enhancement: Warpriest (Clr) - Divine Might (Rank 3)
    Enhancement: Warpriest (Clr) - Toughness (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Warpriest (Clr) - Smite Weakness (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Warpriest (Clr) - Wall of Steel (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Warpriest (Clr) - Wall of Steel (Rank 2)
    Enhancement: Warpriest (Clr) - Wall of Steel (Rank 3)
    Enhancement: Warpriest (Clr) - Inflame (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Warpriest (Clr) - Inflame (Rank 2)
    Enhancement: Warpriest (Clr) - Inflame (Rank 3)
    Enhancement: Warpriest (Clr) - Inflame: Saving Throws (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Warpriest (Clr) - Inflame: Saving Throws (Rank 2)
    Enhancement: Warpriest (Clr) - Inflame: Saving Throws (Rank 3)
    Enhancement: Warpriest (Clr) - Inflame: Energy Absorption (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Warpriest (Clr) - Inflame: Energy Absorption (Rank 2)
    Enhancement: Warpriest (Clr) - Ameliorating Strike (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Kensei (Ftr) - Kensei Focus: Axes (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Kensei (Ftr) - Extra Action Boost (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Kensei (Ftr) - Extra Action Boost (Rank 2)
    Enhancement: Kensei (Ftr) - Extra Action Boost (Rank 3)
    Enhancement: Kensei (Ftr) - Haste Boost (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Kensei (Ftr) - Haste Boost (Rank 2)
    Enhancement: Kensei (Ftr) - Haste Boost (Rank 3)
    Enhancement: Divine Disciple (Clr) - Divine Emissary of Light (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Divine Disciple (Clr) - Sacred Defense (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Divine Disciple (Clr) - Spellpower: Universal (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Divine Disciple (Clr) - Spellpower: Universal (Rank 2)
    Enhancement: Divine Disciple (Clr) - Spellpower: Universal (Rank 3)
    Enhancement: Divine Disciple (Clr) - Divine Vitality (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Divine Disciple (Clr) - Divine Vitality (Rank 2)
    Enhancement: Divine Disciple (Clr) - Divine Vitality (Rank 3)
    Enhancement: Divine Disciple (Clr) - Spell Critical: Universal (Rank 1)
    
    
    Level 21 (Epic)
    Feat: (Selected) Epic: Overwhelming Critical
    
    
    Level 22 (Epic)
    
    
    Level 23 (Epic)
    
    
    Level 24 (Epic)
    Ability Raise: STR
    
    
    Level 25 (Epic)
    
    
    Level 26 (Epic)
    Feat: (Epic Destiny) Epic Destiny: Holy Strike
    
    
    Level 27 (Epic)
    Feat: (Selected) Epic: Ruin
    
    
    Level 28 (Epic)
    Ability Raise: STR
    Feat: (Epic Destiny) Epic Destiny: Elusive Target
    I cheated a bit by including a +3 INT tome so I could max out Spellcraft. I also debated dropping it entirely, since Divine Punishment and maybe Blade Barrier are the only DPS spells you use.

    I chose to drop the THF chain because feats are so tight. Remember that Emp & Max will boost your RS bursts as well as your DPS spells, which is why I included them. But you could drop both to squeeze in THF chain.

    There's wiggle room with APs, but for me the must-haves were 32 APs into RadServ for auras and 22 APs into Warpriest for Ameliorating Strike; the goal being to max out your passive / free healing options, in part to make up for not having racial heal amp. I'm on the fence about whether to spend more APs in DiDi (+2 saves, DV, & spellpower boosts) or dwarf tree.

  11. #11
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    32

    Default

    Thanks everyone for the input. some points to address that any one of you may have mentioned.

    I'm already L20 with that class split. I do have a +5 heart available if i really need to LR again.
    I'm already Dwarf. no plans on TR this character, so kind of stuck without human feat, skills and heal amp. if this build is enjoyable, and i get proficient at TRing, my main could do 2 more PAL lives (already has 1) and then TR into this for a bit. that char has much better gear available for L20, but not everything.
    I assume i don't need Quicken for soloing most content (mainly Cannith Challenges to start off with). i don't plan on raiding any time soon, but while obtaining Epic levels, i have no clue. i have done epic Jungle of Khyber once and didn't heal much, i think the group was pretty uber.
    I could go 16CLR/2FTR/2PAL for an extra feat to grab GTHF
    maybe i'm doing something wrong with skills, but as a CLR with 10 INT, i only get 2pts per level. that's 1 for heal and 1 for concentration. Balance and UMD are off class, how is it possible to obtain all those to a respectable level. DDOWiki says UMD40 for Tenser's. that seems fairly impossible for a cross class (while trying to maintain max Heal)?

  12. #12
    Community Member wtorchia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    91

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RPGMasta View Post
    maybe i'm doing something wrong with skills, but as a CLR with 10 INT, i only get 2pts per level. that's 1 for heal and 1 for concentration. Balance and UMD are off class, how is it possible to obtain all those to a respectable level. DDOWiki says UMD40 for Tenser's. that seems fairly impossible for a cross class (while trying to maintain max Heal)?
    In my case I am starting with 11 int, and I have a +3 tome. So I am getting 3 point starting at lvl 4, then 4 starting at lvl 12. That means I am maxing my UMD base at 10.

    I am able to max heal, spellcraft, UMD and concentrate.

    Here is the breaks down for UMD:
    10 base
    +8 @ lvl 28
    +4 Greater heroism
    +13 from 36 char can boost to +14 for 20 sec
    +6 Green steel exceptional char skills
    Total: 41 at lvl 28.
    I am a Warpriest. Every battlefield is my church, my holy books are written with weapons. You will repent before the end of the sermon, but don't despair, I shall guide you to your absolution down the path of blunt force trauma.

  13. #13
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    In the right spot at the right time.
    Posts
    1,064

    Default

    To melee cleric in heroic all you really need for 2hr is Power Attack and Improved Critical Slash with Falchions (critical ranage 15-20). Clerics get IC Slash at level 12 when their BAB is +9. You will double your Power Attack damage often from +10 to +20 on top of base damage with only a -5 to hit penalty. Then get a Paralyzer Falchion ML12. It is great until Epic.
    The Two hander feats are nice, but better to have Cleave. Cleave is more useful with a Paralyzer and a Falchion. I would try to eventually get the Two Hander feats up to Greater for Epic.

    http://ddowiki.com/page/Threat_range

    http://ddowiki.com/page/Paralyzing

    If you are under lvl12 then get a Keen Falchion with Power Attack. This is nice damage and nice criticals. Cleave allows criticals and Paralyzer to hit more than one enemy with a single attack. Nice for Vale and mid to high lvl content Heroic. I also recommend Divine Power items with an 's'. The spell is a waste of mana IMHO when u can just shortcut a few items with it. Aura is much more powerful as a Heroic enhancement.

    Human is nice for the feat, but also Damage Boost %. You can twist this with LD Destiny damage boost when u go Epic. Adrenaline(+16 critical range) + Momentum Swing [5W] + damage boost 20%-30% is nice damage with a EAGA 2[1d20] (1d20=W) for orange and red names. So that is a almost guaranteed critical for 5 x d20 x 1.20+ x 3 = for me 2500 damage and 3500 on a 19-20 with Overwhelming Critical. http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Epic_Antique_Greataxe

    Haste pots and speed items stack with Fighter Haste and is nice.

    Melee requires some clicks. The only item I click and swap is a Divine Power item. The enhancement buffs need to be clicked too. I like the Smite Attack too with Amerliorating healing. Anything that does damage for 2W and has a mass healing effect is nice in my book. You just have to save it and time it right. It is buggy if the you are moving or the enemy is moving. If everyone is hacking away standing still it is a nice healing boost on top of your Aura.


    Other melee items are:

    Accuracy to help leave Power Attack on all the time.
    Deadly is bonus to damage
    Seek or Seeker is bonus to critical confirmation and critical damage



    So with some reasonable items from the auction house you can melee just fine with just a few feats and gear. You will be doing a lot of damage compared to some newbie pugs that don't read the forums. Heck with some of this stuff even my Mages melee.
    Last edited by firemedium_jt; 01-05-2014 at 01:57 PM.
    Your lack of healing amp not my problem. Please buy and use your own remove curse pots in combat, so I don't waste mana. Not my job.

  14. #14
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    32

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by firemedium_jt View Post
    To melee cleric in heroic all you really need for 2hr is Power Attack and Improved Critical Slash with Falchions (critical ranage 15-20). Clerics get IC Slash at level 12 when their BAB is +9. You will double your Power Attack damage often from +10 to +20 on top of base damage with only a -5 to hit penalty. Then get a Paralyzer Falchion ML12. It is great until Epic.
    The Two hander feats are nice, but better to have Cleave. Cleave is more useful with a Paralyzer and a Falchion. I would try to eventually get the Two Hander feats up to Greater for Epic.

    http://ddowiki.com/page/Threat_range

    http://ddowiki.com/page/Paralyzing

    If you are under lvl12 then get a Keen Falchion with Power Attack. This is nice damage and nice criticals. Cleave allows criticals and Paralyzer to hit more than one enemy with a single attack. Nice for Vale and mid to high lvl content Heroic. I also recommend Divine Power items with an 's'. The spell is a waste of mana IMHO when u can just shortcut a few items with it. Aura is much more powerful as a Heroic enhancement.

    Human is nice for the feat, but also Damage Boost %. You can twist this with LD Destiny damage boost when u go Epic. Adrenaline(+16 critical range) + Momentum Swing [5W] + damage boost 20%-30% is nice damage with a EAGA 2[1d20] (1d20=W) for orange and red names. So that is a almost guaranteed critical for 5 x d20 x 1.20+ x 3 = for me 2500 damage and 3500 on a 19-20 with Overwhelming Critical. http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Epic_Antique_Greataxe

    Haste pots and speed items stack with Fighter Haste and is nice.

    Melee requires some clicks. The only item I click and swap is a Divine Power item. The enhancement buffs need to be clicked too. I like the Smite Attack too with Amerliorating healing. Anything that does damage for 2W and has a mass healing effect is nice in my book. You just have to save it and time it right. It is buggy if the you are moving or the enemy is moving. If everyone is hacking away standing still it is a nice healing boost on top of your Aura.


    Other melee items are:

    Accuracy to help leave Power Attack on all the time.
    Deadly is bonus to damage
    Seek or Seeker is bonus to critical confirmation and critical damage



    So with some reasonable items from the auction house you can melee just fine with just a few feats and gear. You will be doing a lot of damage compared to some newbie pugs that don't read the forums. Heck with some of this stuff even my Mages melee.
    thanks for the input. Being already a dwarf, do you think it is still optimal to take a Falchion over a Greataxe for my Kensai enhancements? I lose out on the Dwarf racial axe enhancements, but i guess that's really only +2 hit and dmg.

    i do already have a deadly vi, seeker v and accuracy iii equipped. probably can upgrade the accuracy if i checked the AH again.

  15. #15
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    In the right spot at the right time.
    Posts
    1,064

    Default

    Falchions in Heroic are better than most axes. Great axes take over in Epic because you get abilities that increase critical range and weapons with a higher W die like the EAGA for d20 or

    http://ddowiki.com/page/Cleaver,_Hewer_of_Suffering with a base damage of 32.
    http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Epic_El..._Fire_(Tier_3) with metalline for bosses
    http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Epic_Antique_Greataxe with a base of 30 and metalline and a red slot woot!!!!
    http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Drow_Gr..._Weapon_Master 19-20 critical range
    Keen II gets the W up
    for two weapon builds http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Axe_of_Adaxus_(Level_25)


    The Red Augment allows for Spell power. My EAGA has Devotion 114 on it.

    When you get things that increase the critical range of your Axe from 19-20 to 11-20 like Adrenaline (+8) the Axes really take over cause the Falchion critical range is not as big a deal and the critical multiplier of the Ax 3x or 4x takes over. At mid FOTW destiny the Falchon has a crtical range of 8-20 with multiplier 2x while the ax is 11-20 with 3x or more. When Adrenaline gives +16 to critical range Ax has it easy.

    Now the SOS is the best of both, but very hard to get compared to the Axes especially ESOS. SOS u can get on 20th run. It has a base critical range of 18-20 like a Falchion and a critical multiplier of 3x like an ax.
    http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Sword_of_Shadow low W for Epic
    http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Epic_Sword_of_Shadow takes years to get usually. Best in game even without Metalline.

    Your melee can be good but your spells will still be better, so they deserve Empower Healing, Maximize and Quicken early.
    Most pugs don't care if you melee as long as you heal them and don't die often. They like your Aura.

    My favorite spells for Heroic are Blade Barrier and Divine Punishment. Divine Punishment triple stacked does about 3000-4500 points damage in 20 seconds depending on your level and light power and meta feats. Both do not have Spell resistance. DP can not be saved against.


    If you can get the base STR to 23 you can get Overwhelming Critical. Improved Critical feat is req and any decent melee build will have it anyway ASAP. Melee Cleric is lvl12.

    These guys are big on melee levels early, but IMHO your melee will be fine with only one melee level splash till you get Cleric 17 level. Usually FTR1. If you pug a lot more than one melee splash might prevent invites. You do not really need the Pally saving throws till Epic. I save PAL2 for lvl 19 and lvl20. I don't like putting off my Cleric spells for too long.
    Last edited by firemedium_jt; 01-06-2014 at 12:27 AM.
    Your lack of healing amp not my problem. Please buy and use your own remove curse pots in combat, so I don't waste mana. Not my job.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload