Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default What's the best epic pl feat?

Without intending to I found myself halfway to cap, so I figure I might as well cap and eTR before hTRing into my next life. Leaving me with the question of what ePL feat to take.

Most of the epic past life feats seem decent, but nothing really grabs me. It will likely be the only ePL feat I take for at least a few more lives, and those lives will vary between casting and melee.

I'm leaning toward either doublestrike or colors of the queen.

Which ePL feats are people's favorites?
    Bartylomaos and Fwelcyr, of Orien's Forever Knights
    Lag got you down? Do what I do and bring along a good book to read while playing DDO.

I would go with colors because you wrote it will vary from casting to melee, so colors will benefit you in both, doublestrike only melee.

I am on my 4th ETR (the 1st one is cake they begin to suck more and more as you keep going). I have 3 Colors of the Queen, and its nice being a Q-staff fighter the random effects go off about every 10~12 seconds. I am working on adding the Doublestrike (Martial) and Enchant Weapons (Arcance).

Quote Originally Posted by parowan View Post
    Without intending to I found myself halfway to cap, so I figure I might as well cap and eTR before hTRing into my next life. Leaving me with the question of what ePL feat to take.

Most of the epic past life feats seem decent, but nothing really grabs me. It will likely be the only ePL feat I take for at least a few more lives, and those lives will vary between casting and melee.

I'm leaning toward either doublestrike or colors of the queen.

Which ePL feats are people's favorites?
    I would think that your past life feat should be based on more of what you are going to be in your final incarnation.

At least that is what I did. I found myself in the same situation. And on that particular toon I am going to end up as an Arty and so took the Colors of the Queen.

I am rolling through another TR project that will end up as Pale Master and am going to take his current life to cap. I was planning on taking the same.
    Panzermeyer - Huge Terry Brooks Shannara Fan

Main
    Jelara Shannara - PDK
    Steel Shrine (TR XX - Barb x3, Drd x3, FvS x3, Pal x2, Rgr x1, Rog x2, Sorc x3, Wiz x3 - EtR X - Arc x3, Div x2, Mart x3, Prim x3 - ItR II - PDK x2)
    Alts
    DamsonRhee Shannara - PDK Swashbuckler
    Challenge Farmer
    Eritria Shannara - Human Swashbuckler
    (TR VII - Ftr x3, Sorc x1, Wiz x3 EtR - Prim x1)
    Kirisin Shannara - Sun Elf Shadovar Infiltrator (TR XIV - Barb x1, Bard x1, Clc x3, Fvs x3, Sorc x3, Wiz x3 - EtR V - Mart x2, Div x3 - ItR - MLE x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Panzermeyer View Post
    I would think that your past life feat should be based on more of what you are going to be in your final incarnation.
    Final incarnation? I don't believe in any such thing
    Lag got you down? Do what I do and bring along a good book to read while playing DDO.

the "Best" is still highly subjective.

But the advantage of Color of the Queen is that it works on Melee/Range/Spells so it does not matter what class you TR into it will have some use.

Doublestrike is only useful for Melee focus characters.

The disadvantage of colours of the queen is that you can do friendly fire with it

Er wait sorry, that's an advantage.
    Ckarlock Alarm (PDK bard 7 fighter 6 rogue 2) life 17
    Dragonbloodz Power (Drow sorc 20/epic 8) life 6
    Sorinsal (Drow rogue 20/epic 5) life 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    What I think is OP is anyone who uses implemented game mechanics, standard game features, or their own skill to be more effective in quests then I am - so I then find the time to post complaints about their use of implemented game mechanics, standard game features, or their own skill thus making me OP on the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bridge_Dweller View Post
    Here's a new flash for the people who have not evolved and still play sponge toons: you serve no purpose. it's rude, but it's the truth. Divines are powerful, have been for a long time. They don't need you. If you need them you add no value to the group.

Quote Originally Posted by kierg10 View Post
    The disadvantage of colours of the queen is that you can do friendly fire with it

Er wait sorry, that's an advantage.
    except when you friendly fire yourself

Epic past lives?

gotta catch em all!

because:

Quote Originally Posted by Tanngiostr View Post
    except when you friendly fire yourself
    Turbine way of making game more challenging.

I always buff party members with Fom and DW otherwise know as PFF: Protection From Fawn.

Having recently done the double epic&heroic TR with my other half.We both decided colours of the queen sounded fun.
    It was a great choice..with Epl feats usable at lvl 1.
    We have noticed most of the normal rainbow type effects..ottos/stone/comets/ice storms/acid clouds etc just what you migh expect

We made it to the red fens lvl quests.Fathom the depths elite with a couple of friends..part way thru we were giving the fishmen a good kicking.
    All of a sudden we are beating on our scaley foe..when HAM! started flying from our enemy!!!..MORE HAM..MORE HAM.
    By the the time captain birdseyes best friend was dead.We had over 30 hams laying around us!!
    If i only took a screenshot..i wish...but ofc there was a mass scramble to get the hams..lol
    I won 15 hams..total was over 30..
    For this alone the funniest moment i have had for ages in game
    I recommend colours!
    Have fun
    Guild leader of Blade Runners of Thelanis
    Azrik elf 1st life forever AA (28),Cromelia THF dwarf mulitclass barb alternative build TR3ETR1(28),Workshy human monkcher TR3ETR1 (28),Barrabash human kensei ip TR3ETR ,Endorfines TWF dwarf fighter(25).

I agree, colors is funny, I turned a mob into frog in von3 today.

Colors it is then. Because really, who needs to hear anything more than "frogs and ham"?

2015 DDO Players Council
    Axel's DDO Channel

Going for 3x Doublestrike and 3x Colors of the Queen on my cleric. That will probably take me 2 years at my slow pace.

You can have multiple stances going at once as long as they are from different spheres, correct?

Click the banner above to get to my DDO youtube channel

Colors is great, right up until a poison trap explodes under your feet. Helpful to not be a fleshy if you are using this feat. It also can trigger on yourself if you are a pale master using negative aura.

Quote Originally Posted by axel15810 View Post
    You can have multiple stances going at once as long as they are from different spheres, correct?
    correct.

Hero

Jackpot!

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnbeimnech View Post
    Colors is great, right up until a poison trap explodes under your feet. Helpful to not be a fleshy if you are using this feat. It also can trigger on yourself if you are a pale master using negative aura.
    This poison trap sucks, does 400 dmg, had it yesterday 4 times.

Community Member

Brace - it's +1 saves and +3 PRR... who doesn't need saves and PRR? Similarly, fast healing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast