Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Community Member

Default Move Runearms from end chain rewards

OK I've wanted to post this for a while (and now I've either built up to it or drunk too much but either way). Why are 99% of runearms only available as end of chain rewards? Most other classes can improve their weps at any point in a chain but artis? Even worse when the end of chain is a raid (VoN etc).
    Oh you don't like raids? Oh well, no new runearms for you!

This is unfair. I love my arti but hate raids (maybe due to my only 3 raid runs across 30 toons were so horrendous I don't fancy doing again) and don't see why we have to run them to get a runearm when everyone else can get improved weps without running raids.

PS I don't mean to put off new artis. One bit of advice for those new ones. Do NOT discount early runearms. If your build is right, you can still do massive damage with a low-level runearm. Yes, most will say ha-ha to me running with a fallback runearm of Flickr (even in Epics) but seeing as most of the time I top kill table and do pver 1k on crit with it I don't see what's wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Elytia View Post
    OK I've wanted to post this for a while (and now I've either built up to it or drunk too much but either way). Why are 99% of runearms only available as end of chain rewards? Most other classes can improve their weps at any point in a chain but artis? Even worse when the end of chain is a raid (VoN etc).
    Oh you don't like raids? Oh well, no new runearms for you!

This is unfair. I love my arti but hate raids (maybe due to my only 3 raid runs across 30 toons were so horrendous I don't fancy doing again) and don't see why we have to run them to get a runearm when everyone else can get improved weps without running raids.

PS I don't mean to put off new artis. One bit of advice for those new ones. Do NOT discount early runearms. If your build is right, you can still do massive damage with a low-level runearm. Yes, most will say ha-ha to me running with a fallback runearm of Flickr (even in Epics) but seeing as most of the time I top kill table and do pver 1k on crit with it I don't see what's wrong.
    I think that named runearms should definitely drop in chain end rewards as well as in specific chests that hold named loot. This is working exactly as it is now. What could be added is generic loot gen rune arms that can drop in standard treasure tables. It's probably more work than it's worth, but both rune arms and orbs would be welcome additions to loot gen.
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

Community Member

I think that named runearms should definitely drop in chain end rewards as well as in specific chests that hold named loot. This is working exactly as it is now. What could be added is generic loot gen rune arms that can drop in standard treasure tables. It's probably more work than it's worth, but both rune arms and orbs would be welcome additions to loot gen.[/QUOTE]

Problem is, there are no random lootgen runearms. Everyone is named.

Community Member

My point is, you should not have to run raids just to get something that is part of your class. No other class has to but aris have to run everything (more than once on most occssions) just to get the one thing that makes them an arti and not just another xbow user.

My point is, you should not have to run raids just to get something that is part of your class. No other class has to but aris have to run everything (more than once on most occssions) just to get the one thing that makes them an arti and not just another xbow user.
    If any other class wants raid loot they have to run the raid to get it. Very few runearms are actually raid loot. Many come from standard 6 man quests and end rewards. In general, they are very easy to obtain compared to raid loot. Have you tried to get an ESoS for a character yet? That is a serious grind. Runearms comparatively are very easy to get.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by redspecter23 View Post
    I think that named runearms should definitely drop in chain end rewards as well as in specific chests that hold named loot. This is working exactly as it is now. What could be added is generic loot gen rune arms that can drop in standard treasure tables. It's probably more work than it's worth, but both rune arms and orbs would be welcome additions to loot gen.
    I get what you're saying but when the end chain is a raid it's a bit unfair.

Why not in a 5 quest chain, say, complete 1 quest in chain have a 5% chance of drop, 2 quests 10% etc. I don't mind them being end chain so long as that chain does not include raid (ok I'm biased) but let's say VoN. What's the problem with a chance of runearm dropping after pt4 instead of after raid? Why should I have to raid ?

I get what you're saying but when the end chain is a raid it's a bit unfair.

Why not in a 5 quest chain, say, complete 1 quest in chain have a 5% chance of drop, 2 quests 10% etc. I don't mind them being end chain so long as that chain does not include raid (ok I'm biased) but let's say VoN. What's the problem with a chance of runearm dropping after pt4 instead of after raid? Why should I have to raid ?
    So you're suggesting that artificers, and only artificers should get a shot at their raid loot without running the raid?

Community Member

If any other class wants raid loot they have to run the raid to get it. Very few runearms are actually raid loot. Many come from standard 6 man quests and end rewards. In general, they are very easy to obtain compared to raid loot. Have you tried to get an ESoS for a character yet? That is a serious grind. Runearms comparatively are very easy to get.
    I get your point but I'm not saying they are raid loot. They are end of chain loot ( which a lot of the time requires completing a raid).
    There's a difference

I get your point but I'm not saying they are raid loot. They are end of chain loot ( which a lot of the time requires completing a raid).
    There's a difference
    I'm not seeing the difference, sorry. Which runearm specifically are you talking about?

So you're suggesting that artificers, and only artificers should get a shot at their raid loot without running the raid?
    Naaa just have them drop in end chests for epic quests as well. Some of the best in slot items drop there for everyone else too. Theres one that does already, archaic device. It drops both as an endchain item and in a chest as well. The TOR ones drop in dragon chests.
    Last edited by Chai; 12-30-2013 at 01:39 PM.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

Community Member

I'm not seeing the difference, sorry. Which runearm specifically are you talking about?
    There are lots. I'm just using VoN as an example.
    I am not questioning that raid loot should be higher than normal lootgen. Of course it should be. My problem is that, as runearms are only end of chain rewards (where at higher levels involes a raid to complete chain) unless you raid, you have no chance of obtaining higher level runearms and defeats the object of buying the arti class.

Community Member

See my other posts. Runearms are end of chain not raid loot.

There's a difference
    There are just as many that you don't need to complete a chain for as there are.

Raid Loot
    1. Titan's Fist
    2. Disciplinator
    3. Toven's Hammer

Chain Reward
    1. Coronarch
    2. Candlelight
    3. Recoyle
    4. Trial By Fire
    5. Flamewarden
    6. Khyber's Fury
    7. Flicker
    8. Chimera's Breath
    9. The Devourer's Hunger
    10. Chulchannad's Claw
    11. Glorious Obscenity
    12. The Pea Shooter

Quest chest/reward
    1. Tira's Splendor
    2. Archaic Device
    3. Lucid Dreams
    4. Thought Spike
    5. Animus
    6. Hand of the Tombs
    7. Strinati's Hand Cannon
    8. Arcing Sky
    9. Chill of Winter
    10. The Turmoil Within
    11. Corruption of Nature

Event Crafted
    Glass Cannon

They are end of chain loot ( which a lot of the time requires completing a raid).
    No chain requires a raid. Many raids require a chain to flag for them.
    Last edited by Systern; 12-30-2013 at 01:45 PM.

Community Member

I am not questioning that raid loot should be higher than normal lootgen. Of course it should be. My problem is that, as runearms are only end of chain rewards (where at higher levels involes a raid to complete chain) unless you raid, you have no chance of obtaining higher level runearms and defeats the object of buying the arti class.
    Runearms drop from only 3 raids, only one of which is high level.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ancient View Post
    Yes, we all know you were right back in 2009 before you took an arrow to the knee.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coyopa View Post
    I wish there were a way to never see any of your posts.

To touch on this, the most popular (lucid dreams), and the highest level runearm's (Epic Tor) as well as my personal favorite (Tira's splendor) do not drop from a raid.

Archaic, lucid and corruption is all you need at endgame. The fire ones are awesome for leveling and so is the one from house D. Lucid is easier as a 3 time end reward of chain but drops in a chest as well. Archaic and corruption are from chests.

The raid ones are fluff that nobody needs, and not sure they should want either. I have 90% of rune arms out of a fancy to collect but they are mostly a waste of space. There were I think 4 rune arms I used leveling, none from raids or end of chain containing raid. By the way the end list for von is not a chain reward but a raid loot list with only 20th guaranteeing any items.

Hand of the tomb is great, from wiz king chest. House D one I forgot the name of it... Also great at low levels.
    Toons on Orien:
    Daemonav Atreides: WF artificer (TR 2/14)////Irullan Atreides: human FvS (TR 2/?!?)////Lorrellei Atreides: human ice/acid sorcerer////Aliademon Atreides: elf PM necro/enchant wizzie (TR 2/8)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Systern View Post
    There are just as many that you don't need to complete a chain for as there are.

Raid Loot
    1. Titan's Fist
    2. Disciplinator
    3. Toven's Hammer

Chain Reward
    1. Coronarch
    2. Candlelight
    3. Recoyle
    4. Trial By Fire
    5. Flamewarden
    6. Khyber's Fury
    7. Flicker
    8. Chimera's Breath
    9. The Devourer's Hunger
    10. Chulchannad's Claw
    11. Glorious Obscenity
    12. The Pea Shooter

Quest chest/reward
    1. Tira's Splendor
    2. Archaic Device
    3. Lucid Dreams
    4. Thought Spike
    5. Animus
    6. Hand of the Tombs
    7. Strinati's Hand Cannon
    8. Arcing Sky
    9. Chill of Winter
    10. The Turmoil Within
    11. Corruption of Nature

Event Crafted
    Glass Cannon

No chain requires a raid. Many raids require a chain to flag for them.
    Thanx for the info. I've only had wiki (and a few arti lives and never seeing the runearms) to go by and nothing has made it that clear. Wiki seems to list a lot for them implying more is required. I apologise if I've offendend anyone by my lack of knowledge.

Thanx for the info. I've only had wiki (and a few arti lives and never seeing the runearms) to go by and nothing has made it that clear. Wiki seems to list a lot for them implying more is required. ...
    The wiki list links the the wiki pages for where they can be gotten at:

http://ddowiki.com/page/Rune_Arm

Luckily for us casual soloists, sometimes folks actually post the non-binding 'arms on the AH for reasonable prices.

Low level: Strinati's Hand Cannon from an 3BC explorer area rare is easiest (aside from drop rate) to get. Is bind-on-equip, so your alts can make runs for it too after you ransack him with your Arty.
    Last edited by cdbd3rd; 12-30-2013 at 02:04 PM.
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    DDO Freebies ____ Monster Manual

Quote Originally Posted by Funny_looking_mole View Post
    To touch on this, the most popular (lucid dreams), and the highest level runearm's (Epic Tor) as well as my personal favorite (Tira's splendor) do not drop from a raid.
    Lucid Dreams requires Completion {Multiple times} of IQ1 Chain {Unless you get seriously lucky with Mindsunder bonus Chest of course!}.

Tor = Heroic Rune-Arms are comparatively weak and the Epic Rune-Arms have Zero competition!

Tira's Splendour - Laughable that you consider this easy to get - FANTASTIC Rune-Arm it is yes BUT Multiple Garamol Runs required to get Unless Unbelievably Lucky!

I think the OP's personal Bugbear however is the Rarity of the VoN Runearm {to which I'll add DA's Invisible Runearm to!}.

Moving the VoN Rune-Arm to Haywire's End Chest {10% Drop Chance on Elite} would be a Nice Offering from the Devs AND would dial back the Insane Drop Rate for VoN items in Velah's Chest {which after all is the ONLY shot at EVERY SINGLE Item {ALL 21 Named Items + Tomes etc.} in the Chain and therefore has terrible Drop Rates!}.

Allow the DA Rune-Arm to Drop in Shroud and ToD 20th Reward Lists!

Make FlickR and Candlelight BtC on Equip to allow Newbies more of a Choice {especially as Crafting Monsters the Min Lvls of Rune-Arms!}.

And Back to VoN: Spread out some of the Base Items between the 4 Quests {2-4 to a Quest} to make Velah's Chest less of a Cr@p Shoot! {21 Named Items BEFORE You Count Tomes etc.}

***OBVIOUSLY Leave Red Scale and SoS in Velah's Chest!

EDIT
    Quote Originally Posted by cdbd3rd View Post

Low level: Strinati's Hand Cannon from an 3BC explorer area rare is easiest (aside from drop rate) to get. Is bind-on-equip, so your alts can make runs for it too after you ransack him with your Arty.
    Unfortunately when Compared to say "Khyber's Fury" from Tangleroot the Cannon is a Joke!

Only good thing about that Rune-Arm is that it's BtC on Equip!
    Last edited by FranOhmsford; 12-30-2013 at 02:11 PM.

Thanx for the info. I've only had wiki (and a few arti lives and never seeing the runearms) to go by and nothing has made it that clear. Wiki seems to list a lot for them implying more is required. I apologise if I've offendend anyone by my lack of knowledge.
    Lack of knowledge isn't offensive, especially when you're clever enough to actually ask questions.

This might actually help you out a bit. Hope you eventually find a rune arm you enjoy!

Also, Fran, god bless you and your extreme overuse of exclamation points.

::Edit:: Argh, cdbd3rd beat me to it.

Main: 18 Artificer, Thelanis

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast