Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Community Member

Default Through a Mirror Darkly

100% agree.

The dev responsible for this purple headache inducing mess needs to be flogged.

In a party all you can see is purple haze....mobs? who knows cause you can't see anything. I ran this quest once and won't ever go back. In fact I did the prison quests once and probably won't ever repeat.

The same purple haze needs to be removed from what goes up in the storm horns.

Any ingame effect that encourages me to turn DOWN my graphics settings in order to find it visually bearable is the poorest form of design. I agree on the flogging mentioned by the poster above me.
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

Thumbs up

That image really does come amazingly close to causing as much pain as the effects in that quest.
    "The sword itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with swords."

Community Member

Think of it as having a bloodshot-eyed bar brawl spilling out into a winter snowstorm.

Stop looking and just start swinging...

Community Member

It is just your pc - the haze is evidently just not well optimized. It looks fine on my pc - in fact it probably looks better than the 'blue'ing evening star snow effect.

Community Member

I just ran this quest for a 2nd time this weekend and both my buddy and I noticed it was worse than the 1st time we ran it. We both think they have now added a "pink" cloud misty think in with the purple haze. You had to maneuver out of the pink part to the relief of the purple haze to see anything! OMG...and we thought it was bad the 1st time we ran it. Ugh. I like the idea of the quest....but the graphics need to be changed or like the poster above me, people will not run these.

Community Member

All of which is a shame. Through a Mirror Darkly is one of the best designed quests in the whole Shadowfell debacle. It's actually a great idea, and lots of fun in general. But that purple stuff. Man. It took the only redeeming quest in the whole thing and made it a pain to play.

Quote Originally Posted by cardplay View Post
    I just ran this quest for a 2nd time this weekend and both my buddy and I noticed it was worse than the 1st time we ran it. We both think they have now added a "pink" cloud misty think in with the purple haze. You had to maneuver out of the pink part to the relief of the purple haze to see anything! OMG...and we thought it was bad the 1st time we ran it. Ugh. I like the idea of the quest....but the graphics need to be changed or like the poster above me, people will not run these.
    Yes - I felt the same way. The first time, it wasn't so bad. Now, it's terrible. I thought maybe it was b/c I solo'd the quest the first time. Players glow pink. So when you're with other players, you can't see anything.

I started a thread asking for how to adjust my video card to fix this issue. The best response was to turn off the post processing effects - that improves the haze somewhat.

Quote Originally Posted by rasend View Post
    It is just your pc - the haze is evidently just not well optimized. It looks fine on my pc - in fact it probably looks better than the 'blue'ing evening star snow effect.
    I agree with this. The blue supposed snow affect in ES is a terrible job where the purple haze in this quest is cool.

/signed on flogging the dev responsible.
    Jackknife / Nerft Powers / Born Again Pagan / Threechords / Midnyght Rambler
    Quantum Entropy

/Signed.

It's a terrible effect that merely serves to obscure the players vision.

Agreed.

Maybe, the devs will give us the option to turn the effect off in a year or two... You know, the usual rate for game crippling problems.
    We want more Monster Manuals.

I agree

This purple haze effect needs to be toned down

I don't know the long term effects of this on my retinas but I am sure it is NOT good!

Turbine think lawsuits here

This should not have made it live - if there is anything you can do to remove this or tone down significantly please do so

The blue snow in Eveningstar alone has kept me out for the past two weeks, but at least I know that is temporary.

I have not run Mirror yet, but the Shadowfell effect in Wheloon not only causes lag for me, but actually gives me motion sickness.

I am okay with a stern warning and immediate removal of these horrible visuals in lieu of flogging the dev responsible.

2k TP for a cosmetic store item (like party hats), which grant a 15 min. clicky of veil filter. 1/rest use
    Characters on Orien:
    Wanzer/ Klingtanz/ Incanta Superior/ Mercantus

/signed

The purple haze is a horrible visual experience and entirely ruins the quests/area's it's applied within.

I would rejoice if it was some day simply removed from existence.
    Leader of The Madborn, Thelanis
    Searros, Kangaros, Xearos, Fearos, Tearos, Zenros, Rocknros, Rargasauros, Whilyros, Frostyros, Rosificer, Levonestral, Clankros, Stabbyros

Founder

Quote Originally Posted by Singular View Post
    Yes - I felt the same way. The first time, it wasn't so bad. Now, it's terrible. I thought maybe it was b/c I solo'd the quest the first time. Players glow pink. So when you're with other players, you can't see anything.

I started a thread asking for how to adjust my video card to fix this issue. The best response was to turn off the post processing effects - that improves the haze somewhat.
    Yep, being near other players just multiplies the problems.

Take the code from missing - have it apply to the purple haze the same way the graying and warble hits when you are near the evidence then disipates when you trigger the books. The trigger in the purple haze should be moving 3 steps. It should just signify your shift to the other realm then go away.
    gotta to kick at the darkness til it bleeds daylight - B. Cockburn
    Guild Leader - Order of the Silver Dragons
    Mains Darlao Completionist Toogor Sorc TR7 Also Listarn Shadar Kai Rogue 20/8 - WhiskyTango CL28 TR4 - Toongor Bd28 TR2 - Sooey Dwarf ConBarb28 TR2 Pusshy -WizMo 18/ 2/8+9 More

Quote Originally Posted by Franke View Post
    /Signed.

It's a terrible effect that merely serves to obscure the players vision.
    I think that was the idea, to make it hard to see. Though I would have preferred if they made it look dark like the underdark rather than a purple glitterdust, which also hurts my eyes.

The Shadowfell is a type of underworld, and the thematic successor to the Negative Energy Plane and Plane of Shadow from earlier editions. The Raven Queen makes her home here rather than the Astral Sea. Creatures native to or connected with the Shadowfell generally have the shadow origin. The plane is described in the boxed set The Shadowfell: Gloomwrought and Beyond, released in 2011. In the Forgotten Realms setting, the Shadowfell was formed from the what was left of Plane of Shadow after Mystra's murder, while in Eberron, the Shadowfell is equated with Dolurrh, the realm of the dead.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast