Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Devs: Current Commendations Rewards

are almost perfect. I've etr'd twice now w/in the month, first from the free one, second from my collecting them from lvl 20-28. It worked out to be just enough.

So please keep the CoV rewards doubled.

That effectively makes the cost of hearts, in the month of Dec., 2100. If you aren't going to keep the CoV rewards doubled, please consider changing the cost of the ETR hearts. 4200 is clearly too high - if you feel 2100 is too low, perhaps think about 2500. That would be just about right if you want people to stay at cap for a bit of time. You are welcome to raise it to 3000 when you raise the level cap to 30, if you feel you need to.

Thank you for December,
    Singular

Uber Completionist

Quote Originally Posted by Singular View Post
    are almost perfect. I've etr'd twice now w/in the month, first from the free one, second from my collecting them from lvl 20-28. It worked out to be just enough.

That effectively makes the cost of hearts, in the month of Dec., 2100. If you aren't going to keep the CoV rewards doubled, please consider changing the cost of the ETR hearts. 4200 is clearly too high - if you feel 2100 is too low, perhaps think about 2500. That would be just about right if you want people to stay at cap for a bit of time. You are welcome to raise it to 3000 when you raise the level cap to 30, if you feel you need to.

Thank you for December,
    Singular
    One word: Agreed.

Ultimate Uber Completionist Dalsheel's Avatar

+1
    Argonnessen - Zerg Zerg
    Main: Dalsheel, Monk
    Alts: Elralia, Wizard // Nesnibtan, FvS // Yokgu, Furiken

Amen

2015 DDO Players Council
    Axel's DDO Channel

agreed. the current comm drop rates feel almost fair.

Thank you for December,
    Singular
    How do you play? Did you run every quest on hard or every quest on elite? Or did you farm VON 3 and Wiz King every day for half your exp? Or did you do mostly the top-end stuff every day for max comms/min? Did you use exp pots?

That's important info for the devs.

"It worked out to be just enough" is not what the devs are looking for... They want SOME incentive for people to buy... A perfect system would get most people to 28 with 25%-30% more comms to get... thereby giving the impatient among us a reason to buy a heart every 3rd or 4th TR.

Or they could make xp pots also boost comm drops, and get their money that way (actually probably have to sell NEW comm pots, because of the all duplicated xp pots out there).
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago. Note - This was posted in 10/2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSandyman View Post
    Some people brag about how fast they finished the game. I cant think of a stupider thing to brag about. Or in this game, going from level 1 to level 30 in two days, or however long it takes. I can't even begin to imagine what drives a person to think that is fun. You are ignoring all of the content and options and going for sheer speed. It is like going to a museum and bragging about how fast you made it through. Or bragging about how fast you finished a good steak.

Community Member

Running all content now on EH will earn you enough comms to ETR by the time you are 28. I've ETR'd twice (first with the free heart), and closing in on a 3rd (2.4m XP to go), with 5600 comms at the moment. I'd say EH is even the better option for most now while the drop rate is 200% (why waste time in EE for 160%).

I've run multiple chains of VoN1-4/Red Fens/Estar 1, 2, 3/Druids Deep/Wheloon/High Road/Gianthold/etc and some Snitch (random other quests here and there), but I've avoided anything in Sands. Zero reason to run EE until I hit 26/27, the comm rates are just too nice on EH.

perhaps think about 2500.
    I've long agreed that 2500 is the proper number.

You are welcome to raise it to 3000 when you raise the level cap to 30, if you feel you need to.
    Good call. Agreed on this as well.

Also, please lower the karma requirement from 6 million to 2 million.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrudh View Post
    Or they could make xp pots also boost comm drops, and get their money that way (actually probably have to sell NEW comm pots, because of the all duplicated xp pots out there).

That's a great idea actually, that way your Pay2win (lite, XP pots are the Diet Coke of Pay2Win . . .) doesn't work against you.

With that said . . . I feel the current drop rates feel about right and should be permanent.

Blogger and Hatchery Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

agreed. either keep the comm rate doubled as it is now, or half the requirement...

the official home of LOLWUT
    and R.O.G.U.E !
    Pointless/Frivolous/Beguiling/Justanotha Waste of Time, Katzklaw, Pickt d'Locks & etc
    Q: how do you get me to appear in a thread? A: ask a bard question! XD

I guess I am the only one who thinks that being able to earn a heart in two weeks is too fast? I mean, I thought a month of earning the heart was a good average time, where the truly dedicated would get it in around 1-2 weeks, and the average person a month, while the truly casual players could take two months or so to get one.

That being said, I'm all for xp potions upping the amount of comms dropped as well.
    Shorlong - Pale Master, Cevon - Druid Archer, Gorgnak - Barbarian, Addanc - Bear Tank, Juristash - Shadar Kai Assassin, Treiah - Morninglord Tempest Ranger, Baylfyre - CC Bard, Deimanus - Bladeforged Melee Arti, Daerian - Healing Cleric Morninglord, Krazig - Pally Tank, Veriste - Shadar Kai Death Knight, Xanapheia - TWF FVS, Helainia - Shadar Kai Henshin-Theif

Leader of The Dark Creed

I have 8k comms of valor currently. If they keep the system the same they need to give me better things to use the comms on.
    Norg Fighter12/Paladin6/Monk2, Jacquiej Cleric18/Monk1/Wiz1, Rabiez Bard16/Ranger3/Cleric1, Hangover Bard L20, Boomsticks Fighter12/Monk 6/Druid 2, Grumblegut Ranger8/Paladin6/Monk6, Rabidly Rogue L20, Furiously Rogue10/Monk6/Paladin4, Snowcones Cleric 12/Ranger 6/Monk 2, Norge Barbarian 12/FVS4/Rogue4. Guild:Prophets of The New Republic Khyber.

Quote Originally Posted by Shorlong View Post
    I guess I am the only one who thinks that being able to earn a heart in two weeks is too fast? I mean, I thought a month of earning the heart was a good average time.
    a month is about what a life takes, assuming you're not a hard core players using stones. spending an equal amount of time grinding a small number of quests just so you can start playing the game again is too much, for the simple reason that half your playtime shouldn't be work.

to answer the argument of "just pay and avoid it", if you build a wall that's too high to climb (i.e. make the heart too grindy to get) then few would waste time grinding it. some would pay, some would leave. reducing the number of players isn't a smart move, no matter how you want to cut it.
    yes, even if they aren't paying, it's not a smart move.

I believe you will likely find you are in the minority when advocating that obtaining the hearts should be a month's worth of grind.

i have 1607 COV and been Running a lot of dungeons EH !

The problem is not the time it takes
    To get to 4200 which is way too much but when will they start thinking about what is fair for players..
    Everybody is talking about 2200-2500 COV being reasonnable but what do they care !
    We will always have people playing 25 hours a day to reach their goal but i am not among them sorry to have wife / child and another life
    Like many others i am about to take a long break
    I guess I am the only one who thinks that being able to earn a heart in two weeks is too fast? I mean, I thought a month of earning the heart was a good average time, where the truly dedicated would get it in around 1-2 weeks, and the average person a month, while the truly casual players could take two months or so to get one.

That being said, I'm all for xp potions upping the amount of comms dropped as well.
    **Anamalia level 25 Cleric **
    Guild Stealer of souls

I am against XP pots upping the CoV drop rate as a fix

just up the CoV rate or lower the CoV requirement for a Heart

no reason to tie the CoV rates to store purchases

The valcom droprate seems fair like it is right now, I hope this "test" will become permanent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    Insulting the development team is not allowed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jendrak
    Somebody should definitely explain to Turbine that when they roll up a new GM that INT is not dump stat.

Quote Originally Posted by maddmatt70 View Post
    I have 8k comms of valor currently. If they keep the system the same they need to give me better things to use the comms on.
    that's a common problem for people playing almost exclusively epics or at cap, for obvious reasons.
    if you're not TRing as soon as possible, than your coms would accumulate, and with higher level quests giving more coms, staying at cap means a windfall of coms.

that is not to say the amounts at the moment are inappropriate; for those trying to TR they seem to be about right.
    for those at cap though more uses for those coms seem a must.

I would also go as far as to suggest that the drop rates be changed so that lower level quests would drop a higher amount than currently are, and higher ones drop less. that way inflation for endgamers can be somewhat reduced.

2015 DDO Players Council
    Axel's DDO Channel

I guess I am the only one who thinks that being able to earn a heart in two weeks is too fast?
    considering it's possible to earn a heroic heart in under an hour, no.

Community Member

Default /not signed

"It worked out to be just enough" is not what the devs are looking for... They want SOME incentive for people to buy... A perfect system would get most people to 28 with 25%-30% more comms to get... thereby giving the impatient among us a reason to buy a heart every 3rd or 4th TR.
    Agreed. Everyone keeps asking for lower numbers as if Turbine should 1) cater to a small group of extra super duper hard core gamers who want ez button eTRs and 2) cut out a revenue stream therby neglecting Turbine of cash and incentive to invest in DDO development. 4100 may be punative and too high but I'm willing to bet 2100 is too low.

**Double Take** What!?

Quote Originally Posted by maddmatt70 View Post
    sitting at 28 and farming may have that result but, then your not gaining any EPL or IPL sitting there

we are talking about gaining CoV leveling from 20-28

and remember you've been gaining double or at least bonus CoV since the 20th

you don't want to spend your CoV on ETR/ITR you want to sit at cap and farm them does not reflect on gaining CoV while leveling its a different animal altogether.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast