Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Community Member

Default Turbine pls make the game more interesting.

Some stuff that will make the game more interesting.

1) proper pvp system, where players can compete to earn points and trade points for pvp gears.

2) New exp sharing system that will make it more fun to play new builds. Heroic exp being shared for heroic lvs only and epic exp being shared for epic levels only.For example, introducing cash shop item that stores exp in a bag then u can pass that bag to another toon n gain the exp. Different bag size having diff amount of exp cap.

Another thing that makes grinding for epic destiny extremely boring is that you need to play a much weaker epic destiny then what it yours. For example monk playing fate singer is extremely boring. Instead allow players to farm using their main destiny and then xfer the collected exp to other toon using the bag.

3) Start a foundry system.

1) No thanks - I don't want time invested into PvP by Devs or be forced to play any PvP in this game

2) Hmmm ... popcorn?

3) Yes please - this is exactly what it needs - a lot of variety

Quote Originally Posted by sha123 View Post

1) proper pvp system, where players can compete to earn points and trade points for pvp gears.

2) New exp sharing system that will make it more fun to play new builds. Heroic exp being shared for heroic lvs only and epic exp being shared for epic levels only.For example, introducing cash shop item that stores exp in a bag then u can pass that bag to another toon n gain the exp. Different bag size having diff amount of exp cap.

Another thing that makes grinding for epic destiny extremely boring is that you need to play a much weaker epic destiny then what it yours. For example monk playing fate singer is extremely boring. Instead allow players to farm using their main destiny and then xfer the collected exp to other toon using the bag.

1) No, pvp is pointless, and will be just as pointless with rewards.

2) That would be horrible, getting xp is easy enough as it is, farming it on high levels to quickly level is NOT a good idea in my opinion.

3) Please, dont.
    Dystopia = utopia achieved

Quote Originally Posted by bartharok View Post

3) Please, dont.
    Just out of curiuosity - why not?

As long as the player developed content did not drop top tier loot and was veted by Turbine in some way I would love to see an explosion of player made content

Heck maybe even something like no exp or loot EXCEPT for say a few dungeons which are top quality and approved

Community Member

1) no comment

2) easy enough to gain xp ridiculously fast in this game

3) please no, I had my good share of "Firecaves. PL!"

sorry but no on all.
    Especially on 1, it isn't that I am against pvp players but people really really into that aren't playing this game probably anyway. and that means another complete piece of coding that needs attention.
    better focus on what is already there and expand that in a fun way. what I personally for example like is the eborron background itself and would like to explore a new part of that world and I do enjoy the multitude of mixes you can make with your toons and would like additions there also (Psionics for example)

Quote Originally Posted by Khalesh View Post
    Just out of curiuosity - why not?

As long as the player developed content did not drop top tier loot and was veted by Turbine in some way I would love to see an explosion of player made content

Heck maybe even something like no exp or loot EXCEPT for say a few dungeons which are top quality and approved
    From experience i can say that most player built dungeons are awful. Not all, mind you, but the vast majority. And since DDo is not built around the concept it would likely cause major bugs.
    Dystopia = utopia achieved

I would love to be able to stay in a useful destiny while leveling in another, or even while just accumulating fate points. My level 25 sorcerer just maxed out Magister (he's already maxed in Draconic Incarnation), and other than a few favor clean ups I have not been using him at all because I don't want to switch him to Fatesinger and basically lose virtually all his epic powers that make him fun to play in epics. My level 23 monk maxed out GoF and I haven't been playing him much now, either.

I am only a couple of lives away from making Praetoreus a completionist, and I guess I'll go for triple completionist on him next, since I have little interest in dragging a battle cleric through Fatesinger, DI, and Magister. I'll just keep TR'ing him...
    All on Thelanis: Archenpaul Sixblade, Archernicus Thornwood, Gregorovic Redcloak, Hermanius Brightblade, Jaklomeo Evermug, Jonathraxius Kane, and Praetoreus Silvershield.

Cogito ergo summopere periculosus.

I would love this,I would spend all my time making stuff fun for other people to run.

I wouldnt be making fire caves only lol.

Honestly I would be playing neverwinter is the minimum requirements were not so high.

A foundry type system would be great.

Pvp not interested and XP is so easy to get.

Community Member

This would be nice but they will probably need to apply xp ransack to the entire foundry system rather than individual foundry quests to prevent xp abuse. Sad but true. The most popular quest will the one with the highest xp and/or coms/min.
    CC Casting Druid: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...C-Summer-Build
    Shiradi Wiz Plan for 1st Lifers: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...r-First-Lifers
    U25 Patch 1 Dex Halfling Assassin Build: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...x-Assassin-1-0
    Warlock DC Caster: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ld-Blast-Build

Several characters on Sarlona all starting with "Rand" in the Guild "Guardians of House Cannith". My main four characters are Randowl (18 rogue 2 artificer mechanic - hope to go back to DC casting some day), Randslar (Bard 14 / Fighter 4 / Rogue 2 Swashbuckler), Randek (Druid CC Caster 17/Fvs 3) and Randomall (Rogue 20 assassin).

Any developer time invested in any aspect of PvP is wasted developer time. The only exception would be if they put the Lobster into its own public chat channel away from the rest of the Harbor so I could stop having to squelch another pair of PvP idiots having a public e-peen waving contest. That would be dev time well spent.

Just get Iconics, start at 15.

Not just no, HELL no.

1) Designing and implementing such a system would take hundreds (if not thousands) of developer hours that would be far more profitably spent fixing bugs and putting in new content.

2) City of Heroes had a foundry system. Much was heralded and a great hue and cry from the playerbase about it. Then it appeared, and many players partook of the bounty. I picked up playing again after being away for several years and after their Foundry had time to settle in. I read through dozens of posts in their Foundry-related forums, reading how the system worked, etc. There were numerous threads dedicated to reviews of other people's work, and several "Best of" lists. I made a list of several of these supposedly great adventures and went through them. They were horrendously awful. Stick-an-icepick-in-my-temple-because-it-hurts-less bad. Typos everywhere, cheese, and plotlines that would make a 5 year old say "That's really dumb". Picture the DM voice in "Cry for Help", except that instead of being completely over-the-top cornball for humor, it was done straight up and completely serious. Then make it 10x worse. That's how players write.

3) The only use for it came from missions specifically set up for farming. Fill it with enemies who only inflicted one damage type and had no resistances, then send in a purpose-built character who was effectively immune to that damage type, set the difficulty to max, and just cheese the hell out of it. I can already see how you'd do it in DDO. Fill it with fire mephits, then go in on a Sorc/Wiz with Fireshield, Firestorm boots, and Ice Storm. Rinse repeat ad nauseum.

4) If the system were put in, there would be a surge in popularity at the start. And then the system would be let to rot. As more and more instances of 3) pop up, the devs start nerfing and nerfing and nerfing (and those nerfs inevitably spill over into the real game) followed by nerfing and more nerfing, and then nobody is using it at all for anything.
    I am the 'Who' In the call "Who's there!?"
    I am the wind blowing through your hair.
    I am the shadow on the moon at night, filling your dreams to the brim with fright.

1) No pvp. This game isn't designed for pvp. You put in pvp, people cry even more for balance between classes. Certain classes will be nerfed, certain classes will be buffed, every class will be able to do everything even more than they already can. Not to mention, as others have stated, the dev time can be used elsewhere.

2) .......no, just no. And this is from someone who hates levels 1-16 (iconics were a blessing for me...)

3) As much as I would love this, I mean, absolutely LOVE this.....no. Multiple reasons. Since the game wasn't designed with this in mind to begin with, it will have so many issues. I mean, look, I am typically one of the first people to defend Turbine on just about everything, but I have seen enough simple systems mess up that I wouldn't want to entrust them with something as huge as this. Not to mention the other issues. People will exploit it, people will cheese it, and the amount of terrible quests will overshadow the small handful of good quests.

I went to Neverwinter for 6 months this past year, even though the game itself failed to impress me, simply because they have a Foundry. I got up with a good guild that was focused on making quality, story driven, challenging dungeons. There were five of us that were considered the best of the best. I myself took 3 months to build my one and only quest, which made several lists after the first initial reviews were weak and I reworked many of the mechanics. We even had a weekly twitch show where we went through player content and critiqued it, told them how to improve it, and ensured that quests would get more playtime.

So, what happened? Well....exploits. First it was xp. They nerfed the xp because people were making the 50 ogre quests, where 50 ogres were put on a platform where they couldn't even reach you. As long as you had a class with a push back attack (which, all but one class had) you just simply walked to the edge of your platform and hit that attack, and the ogres would fly off and die. People were leveling to cap within hours. Or, the quests where you loaded in, hit a lever, got a chest and got some xp. So, xp was nerfed. Even then, there were plenty of short, quick xp exploit maps that clogged up the best of list, while the quality quests never showed up on any of the lists.

Then, items. Purples were dropping all the time, blues were dropping even more. This was unbalanced. So they changed it, nothing above green, nothing. No crafting ingredients, just plain, basic loot. No one wanted to run your finely crafted, every detail accounted for, well written but still challenging quest if there was no reward at the end. Don't believe me? Look at DDO as it stands now. How many times have you seen on the forums someone say "Yeah, the quest is amazing. Really fun. Unfortunately, the loot is boring at best, and I just don't see me running this more than once a life because as it stands, it has no loot to make it worth it."

Same thing happened in Neverwinter. Then, after all of that, you would give solid feedback on someone's quest, show them how to make it better. Make the rooms stand out, add some trees so it doesn't look so barren, make the dialogue more colorful, don't make it a book, but still give it substance. And everyone complains that you aren't giving their poorly written and badly designed quest rave reviews.

So no, please, just no, no foundry style system in ddo.
    Shorlong - Pale Master, Cevon - Druid Archer, Gorgnak - Barbarian, Addanc - Bear Tank, Juristash - Shadar Kai Assassin, Treiah - Morninglord Tempest Ranger, Baylfyre - CC Bard, Deimanus - Bladeforged Melee Arti, Daerian - Healing Cleric Morninglord, Krazig - Pally Tank, Veriste - Shadar Kai Death Knight, Xanapheia - TWF FVS, Helainia - Shadar Kai Henshin-Theif

Leader of The Dark Creed

Quote Originally Posted by Matuse View Post
    3) The only use for it came from missions specifically set up for farming. Fill it with enemies who only inflicted one damage type and had no resistances, then send in a purpose-built character who was effectively immune to that damage type, set the difficulty to max, and just cheese the hell out of it. I can already see how you'd do it in DDO. Fill it with fire mephits, then go in on a Sorc/Wiz with Fireshield, Firestorm boots, and Ice Storm. Rinse repeat ad nauseum.
    Sounds like Purge the Fallen Shrine or Maraud the Mines in Sands - Both extremely Popular Quests!

You can add Druid to Sorc/Wiz btw.

And of course we all have different tastes and I'm sure there'd be people out there making Insane Puzzle Quests this being D&D too. As well as Mario Quests, Trap Filled Quests and any other type of quest you care to mention!

You DON'T go off Top 10s or Top 100s or even Top 1000s when choosing which quests to play when searching through Player Made Quests - You search specifically by Quest Type {and this being DDO they'd be Voted on and ordered too!}.

But even then you don't take any Top whatever number as a Guarantee of Quality - Let's take IMDBs Top 250 as an Example {I'll just list the Top 10 for ya here but here's the link for the 250 anyhow - http://www.imdb.com/chart/top

Now for the Top 10:

1) Shawshank Redemption - Good Movie, Don't see anything special though personally.

2) The Godfather - Loathe it {and yes I know I'm a Minority here}.

3) The Godfather Pt 2 {Like I'm even go bother watching this - See above}

4) Pulp Fiction - Enjoyed Reservoir Dogs but haven't enjoyed a Tarantino movie that wasn't also a Rodriguez Movie since.

5) The Good, The Bad and The Ugly - Now here's a great movie - Unfortunately however wouldn't get anywhere near my Personal All-Time Top 20!

6) The Dark Knight - Superb - One of the best Movies of the past 10 years - Again wouldn't make my personal All-Time Top 20

7) 12 Angry Men - Loved it but again plenty of better movies out there for me.

8) Schindler's List - Have no intention of ever watching due to content.

9) Return of the King - Astonishing that this is rated higher than Fellowship of the Ring! Good Ending to the Trilogy but could have been so much better!

10) Fight Club - Yes I Enjoyed it BUT Wouldn't even make my All-Time Top 100 never mind Top 10!

And as for my Personal Top 10 here ya go:

1) Zulu
    2) Return of the Jedi
    3) Aliens
    4) Star Wars
    5) Raiders of the Lost Ark
    6) The Vikings {Kirk Douglas & Tony Curtis}
    7) Clash of the Titans {The Harryhausen Original NOT the Trashy Anti-Religious Remake!}
    8) Indiana Jones and The Temple of Doom
    9) Willow
    10) The Empire Strikes Back

It would take a heck of a lot from any new movie to break into my Top 20 never mind my Top 10!

So in Essence - When considering Player Made Content what you've got to remember is that no matter how bad you personally think said content is others WILL like it!

And if you can't find a Single Player made Quest that you personally like I'd have to suggest that your Prejudices against the idea of said content may be getting in the way.

Just like my Personal unwillingness to watch Schindler's List or The Godfather Pt 2 for example - I know I'm not gonna enjoy them before watching so how could I ever Critique them Honestly?

And finally there's The Godfather and Pulp Fiction - I know I'm in a tiny Minority when it comes to Loathing these Movies BUT no matter how many people tell me I must Like them They're Never going to be able to change my mind!

Some of those Player Made Quests you disliked so much were voted highly by a Large Number of People {comparatively} - Just because you don't like them doesn't mean Player Made Quests themselves are A Bad idea!

And just because I don't like Mafia Movies doesn't mean NO Mafia Movies should be made by Hollywood!

Community Member TempestAlphaOmega's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Matuse View Post
    Any developer time invested in any aspect of PvP is wasted developer time. The only exception would be if they put the Lobster into its own public chat channel away from the rest of the Harbor so I could stop having to squelch another pair of PvP idiots having a public e-peen waving contest. That would be dev time well spent.
    This should be the top, bottom and every item in between on the developer's PvP to do list.

I would think the Lobster conversations would be of concern to Turbine with regards to how newer players view the game.
    Shapshap, League of Extraordinary Ham, Sarlona and a bunch of alts that all have names begining with Sha or Sho. Of course Shapshap could be the alt and one of the others the main, it just depends on what day it is.

the devs don't seem to have time to fix bugs, add new content, fix classes, improve every other part of the game, so they should also focus on improving PVP? DDO wasn't built for a focus on PVP. as if we don't have enough discussions already on P2W and concerns about other players fun and builds. there are other games that have more and better focus on it.

so I don't have to play my character and just farm xp for them? DD is already pretty close to this. its too easy to earn xp now and even the gimpiest builds in heroics and easy epics can level easy enough. I agree playing in a off destiny can be boring and just not fun, but there have been better suggestions on how to make the destiny system better than what it is. anything that makes it so I don't have to play my character, but still gain xp and power I am totally against.

a foundry system would be nice, but we are too far into the game already for this to happen. if the devs could make it work, than great. if not, no sense to try when we have enough bugs already existing in the game affecting quests.

Default Whiner!

1) No, I don't want to play World of Warcraft!

2) Are you mad??? If you want XP... do the danm quests at your proper level! If you want up ED... do a TR in a caster and up Arcane Sphere. That is easy, it is fun and it helps on your completionist career!

3) Start what? Mr. Minecraft!
    (Sarlona) - Usbing (Unarmed DPS - Past Lifes Fighter X3 / Monk X2 / Paladin) - Valenttina (Monk with Trapproficiency - Past Lifes Monk X2 / Rogue) - Adnanref (Evoker - Past Lifes Wizard X3 / Cleric X2 / Favored Soul / BladeForged) - Sarahaiana (Eldritch Undead - Past Lifes Monk)

1&2 meh

I would love more content and foundry would help. I seriously doubt that will ever happen though. DDO was never built around that idea.

I would like to see some more randomness added to the game. Giant mazes or wilderness areas that are different each time you enter. That would spice things up a bit.
    Argonnessen - Glibb Bonefish, Lev 28 pure Elf Ranger

1 pvp hell no. this game was not made for pvp. want that go to another game with it already built in

2 the xp is already easy to get. normally i can max 2-3 destinies per life when i go from 20-28. i cant say this is for everyone but tring never was meant for everyone either. some people just want that first life only

3 although i really like modders and enjoying player type content. i say no on this. its 7 years later for ddo. if this was implemented earlier to where it can't be exploited to hell like neverwinter or anything like that i would be ok. like minimum amount of enemies loot can't be pass this xp capped at this etc. even still that would take away from the game. not to mention this isnt morrowind/skyrim/fallout/neverwinter etc. Don't get me wrong there are a lot of nice dungeons and player modded stuff out there. Some who really go out of the way. skywind of skyrim or falskaar are some examples of some really good content that modders are working on. some might not happen because of bethesda or wb.

Community Member

Default well...

1.) Maybe...but theres no balance at the moment and everything being instanced would suck. (and lack of "evil" PC choice) so maybe not.

2.) if i didnt have to play random classes / destinies i would love it! but then the reward for achievement should be equally reduced if the difficulty / grind for it is also reduced.

3.) Simple. Give players the design tools for the environment, and a spot to describe their story arc, monsters twists etc.
    let turbine decide the xp, loot, mob stats (all those "exploitables") - if player designed quest or quest pack used. players get TP Reward, free months VIP etc.

If they do make any upgrades to PvP, please please please put it on its own server so we don't have to deal with reading insults and squelching people anymore.

Not that it's difficult to do, but that it becomes so tiresome.
    "Why is stuff so hard?" - William Murderface

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast