Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Community Member Set's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    California
    Posts
    53

    Default Can I Epic TR my 28 Drow Cleric into another class?

    Hello,
    First time TR here, I plan on using the free VIP Epic Heart of Wood. I am confused about my options concerning an Epic TR for my level 28 Drow Cleric. I thought I could make my Cleric into a level 20 Sorcerer or another class, but then I read that I have to stay Cleric? Is this true? I'm tired of being a Cleric, lol, but I still want this guy to be at least a level 20....Hate the 1-20 grind...

  2. #2
    Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council
    Krelar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    3,744

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Set View Post
    Hello,
    First time TR here, I plan on using the free VIP Epic Heart of Wood. I am confused about my options concerning an Epic TR for my level 28 Drow Cleric. I thought I could make my Cleric into a level 20 Sorcerer or another class, but then I read that I have to stay Cleric? Is this true? I'm tired of being a Cleric, lol, but I still want this guy to be at least a level 20....Hate the 1-20 grind...
    Epic reincarnation only wipes out your epic levels. Your only choice to change class is either a heroic TR (If you have an iconic you could TR into one of them and start at 15 instead of 1) or lots of +x LR hearts.

  3. #3
    Community Member Set's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    California
    Posts
    53

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Krelar View Post
    Epic reincarnation only wipes out your epic levels. Your only choice to change class is either a heroic TR (If you have an iconic you could TR into one of them and start at 15 instead of 1) or lots of +x LR hearts.
    Thanks for the fast answer. Are Epic Past Life Feats and Twists worth it? Don't really see the point of Epic TR. I am a TR Noob though...

  4. #4
    Community Member Ap0k's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Berlin
    Posts
    247

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Set View Post
    Thanks for the fast answer. Are Epic Past Life Feats and Twists worth it? Don't really see the point of Epic TR. I am a TR Noob though...
    You can also epic tr back to 20 and then do a heroic TR. So you get the epic past life feat and can get a different class.
    Aggrom - Zenjin - Kaylam - Ciryll
    Ghallanda

    Playing DDO since April 2006

  5. #5
    Community Member arkonas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,467

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Set View Post
    Thanks for the fast answer. Are Epic Past Life Feats and Twists worth it? Don't really see the point of Epic TR. I am a TR Noob though...
    it can be. it really depends on if you want to put the time into it. some of the stuff can really help out once it starts to add up

  6. #6

    Default

    Are Epic Past Life Feats and Twists worth it?
    Twists are absolutely worth it. The epic past life feats -can- be worth it, but they also tend to need to be stacked up a bit to really shine.

    If you were to do 9 Divine epic past lives, then you would have 27 PRR while standing around in your undies. With minimal investment in the Warpriest tree, a Cleric/FvS would have a 42 PRR. 22% less melee damage is nothing to scoff at. This would also give you the ability to choose between one of three stances (and you could change stance whenever you pleased): +30 Negative and Positive Spellpower, or +3 to all Saves, or +30% absorb of Acid/Fire/Cold/Electric damage while blocking.
    I am the 'Who' In the call "Who's there!?"
    I am the wind blowing through your hair.
    I am the shadow on the moon at night, filling your dreams to the brim with fright.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload