• plays differently then I do
    • thinks differently then I do
    • pays more then I do
    • pays less then I do
    • plays better then I do
    • plays worse then I do

and lastly
    • anyone who disagrees with me

Do this, and the game would be perfect! Thanks in advance.
    If only

Community Member DaggomaticDwarf's Avatar

Default I would totaly pay for that

Is there an in-store area where I can buy that for TP ?
    If A Dwarf falls in the forest does he make a sound? YES! Ah Gawd Dang Sons of a *BEEP*
    Guild leader of the "Order of the Never Empty Mug"-Khyber Server-Varda, Daggummet, Xotika, Angelheart, Annaleeza, Keirza, Gearszin, Iluvatar, Sindeamon, and Pippsqueek

I call it The Nerfer's Prayer.

Don't forget to nerf monk splashes for the love of god.

Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    I call it The Nerfer's Prayer.
    And its part of the DDO gospel.

2015 DDO Players Council Sebastrd's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by naturalhazard View Post
    and its part of the mmo gospel.
    ftfy

Astreya the Unturning

It's always a shame when the hammer of poor design choices smashes the fun of player tactical adaptation.

Its boring when Turbine does not change things. When everybody uses the same 4 builds for years not much reason to play at a certain point. At least when they change things around the game becomes a lot more fun.
    Norg Fighter12/Paladin6/Monk2, Jacquiej Cleric18/Monk1/Wiz1, Rabiez Bard16/Ranger3/Cleric1, Hangover Bard L20, Boomsticks Fighter12/Monk 6/Druid 2, Grumblegut Ranger8/Paladin6/Monk6, Rabidly Rogue L20, Furiously Rogue10/Monk6/Paladin4, Snowcones Cleric 12/Ranger 6/Monk 2, Norge Barbarian 12/FVS4/Rogue4. Guild:Prophets of The New Republic Khyber.

Nerf them all from orbit. It's the only way to make sure.
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

The game would be perfect . . . if you would hjeal meh!

Quote Originally Posted by maddmatt70 View Post
    Its boring when Turbine does not change things. When everybody uses the same 4 builds for years not much reason to play at a certain point. At least when they change things around the game becomes a lot more fun.
    Oh, I'm not saying never change things.
    I'm more poking fun at the reasoning some folks summon forth when asking for/demanding for said changes.

Change is good. Demanding change for purely selfish reasons is not.

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    I have to ask...
    Did you get splashed in Acid or take Fire damage? Trolls have insane regeneration and your always screaming for hjeals. Your embarrassing the trolls out there

Community Member moomooprincess's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    Notice that the troll joined EIGHT months ago. The troll is averaging 15 posts per day, each post is the same. "Hjeal me."

The depth of insight in the posts is absolutely amazing.
    Recipemaker Guild: Top Chef School of Recipes

Event Statistics: Risia, Festivult, Midwinter, Daily Dice, Mimic Hunt

Emphasis Added
    Hello Everybody, nice to meet you! My name is Nobody. My name must be Nobody, because if everybody is playing the same four builds, and I'm not; I must be part of the nobody that plays something different.

As for wanting Turbine to change things up on a regular basis, please point me to the last change hat didn't result in a rage among the players? What would you like to see changed to make things intereting? Who would hate that? What would be Turbine's incentive to make your desired changes and irritate them?

Seriously, if you're tired of playing the same old thing, roll a new thing.
    Now excuse me while I wander off to arm myself with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and hunker down behind my Armored Beer Refrigerator, while I have the UFO's take control of the Congresional Wives with the help of the International Cocaine Smugglers and the Evil Geniuses for a Better Tomorrow - btw, do you have change for 10 million population?

Quote Originally Posted by PermaBanned View Post
    Emphasis Added

Hello Everybody, nice to meet you! My name is Nobody. My name must be Nobody, because if everybody is playing the same four builds, and I'm not; I must be part of the nobody that plays something different.

As for wanting Turbine to change things up on a regular basis, please point me to the last change hat didn't result in a rage among the players? What would you like to see changed to make things intereting? Who would hate that? What would be Turbine's incentive to make your desired changes and irritate them?

Seriously, if you're tired of playing the same old thing, roll a new thing.
    Ha do you actually play this game with your response. Do you see how so many players in game copy and build FOTM builds or something close to it? It gets boring after a while running with the same half dozen builds even if someone personally does not have one. I throw up lfms and take the first whatevers join and so often they are FOTM which gets kind of boring after a while. The best remedy is to change the FOTM at least. That is fun getting used to running with new builds.

What I have seen is that players adjust and adapt to changes. They understand that this is an MMO and things change for one reason or another when one build gets nerfed they build another.
    Norg Fighter12/Paladin6/Monk2, Jacquiej Cleric18/Monk1/Wiz1, Rabiez Bard16/Ranger3/Cleric1, Hangover Bard L20, Boomsticks Fighter12/Monk 6/Druid 2, Grumblegut Ranger8/Paladin6/Monk6, Rabidly Rogue L20, Furiously Rogue10/Monk6/Paladin4, Snowcones Cleric 12/Ranger 6/Monk 2, Norge Barbarian 12/FVS4/Rogue4. Guild:Prophets of The New Republic Khyber.

This game would be perfect with Warlocks.

Also, that thing that's super popular right now and considered a great EE build? Nerf it. It sux. :P

Hello Everybody, nice to meet you! My name is Nobody...
    Last edited by Silverleafeon; 12-26-2013 at 11:42 PM.

Ha do you actually play this game with your response. Do you see how so many players in game copy and build FOTM builds or something close to it? It gets boring after a while running with the same half dozen builds even if someone personally does not have one. I throw up lfms and take the first whatevers join and so often they are FOTM which gets kind of boring after a while. The best remedy is to change the FOTM at least. That is fun getting used to running with new builds.

What I have seen is that players adjust and adapt to changes. They understand that this is an MMO and things change for one reason or another when one build gets nerfed they build another.
    Ah, but the flavors do change. When's that last time you ran with an Exploiter, or Batman? Heck, even the Juggy seems to have largely fallen out of favor, and eventually the Monkcher will too. The reason we have so many FotM toons running around being as close to carbon copy's of eachother as possible isn't just because those builds are effective, it's because they're effective and require next to no thought, creativity or ingenuity on the part of the copy cat. There's a great many more builds that are effective for both solo and group play in all difficulties up to and including Epic Elite. The problem isn't in the lack of effective character builds, it's in the lack of effective character builders.

Let's face it, if: 1) people didn't post their uber builds for others to emulate, and 2) people created their own characters instead of looking for turn-key directions to follow; there would be a lot more build diversity out there. Instead, someone says "I came up with this great build" and all the lemmings go TR, LR+, or open up a new character slot for this months flavor.

Compounding the above mentioned problems is every forum shmuck who says "If you aren't build X,Y or Z, you're a waste of a party slot."
    Last edited by PermaBanned; 12-27-2013 at 12:07 AM.
    Now excuse me while I wander off to arm myself with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and hunker down behind my Armored Beer Refrigerator, while I have the UFO's take control of the Congresional Wives with the help of the International Cocaine Smugglers and the Evil Geniuses for a Better Tomorrow - btw, do you have change for 10 million population?

Ah, but the flavors do change.
    Aye

They need to nerf all epics so saves are meaningless to have along with prr. Then all would be right again and we clamor to have a HJEAL MEH build. The barb shall rise again! Just as soon as the bard gets back on his feet, and ranged fires at the correct speed lol.
    Through avarice, evil smiles; through insanity, it sings.

Quote Originally Posted by goodspeed View Post
    and we clamor to have a HJEAL MEH build. The barb shall rise again! Just as soon as the bard gets back on his feet, and ranged fires at the correct speed lol.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast