Default Are Iconics the answer to more storage space?

I was going through my banks (shared, cache, and regular) and found lots of low level items. Having only a main, I could sell most of my level 1~15 items (keeping upgraded items, GS, event items) and free up lots of space.

I guess I don't quite understand what you are saying. But just the other day I thought exactly what your title says.

I thought, it would be pretty easy to make a couple iconics and get extra bank and bag space through favor. This would free up more space per character than my level 4 and 7 mules currently have, allowing me to delete my current mules and free up more character slots (not that I need them).

I guess that's one solution for storage space for us hoarders.
    -Anything is possible....if you don't understand the problem.
    -Better to be perceived a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt.
    -Luck is simply a crossroads between circumstance and knowledge, both are things you can control.

My main is in permanent epic and iconic reincarnation mode right now. I don't have any level 15 and under gear left on him that isn't essential. I didn't really find that it freed up much space as most lower level gear outside of raid gear is either unbound or bta. It is nice not having to worry about any of that lower level gear, but I really don't consider it much space saving.
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

Default My Mules are Iconics

I did just that. I have 4 mules that are iconics broken up this way:
    1) level 1-10 gear
    2) Level 11-28 gear (may have to separate later)
    3) All my crafting stuff (scross, shards, items, etc)
    4) Consumables and things I get from daily/weekly rolls.

Each of them went directly to level 15, and then ran a set a quests (all at elite except the one noted) geared to get them the favor needed for bank and inventory:

Korthos:
    Heyton's Rest
    The Storehouse's Secret
    Canneth's Crystal
    The Collaborator
    Stopping the Sahuagin
    Redemption
    Misery's Peak

Marketplace:
    The Sunken Sewer
    Missing in Action

Waterworks:
    The Kobolds' Den: Glan Gnashtooth
    The Kobold's Den: Rescuing Arlos
    Venn's Trail: Clan Tunnelworm
    Venn's Trail: Venn's Fate

Shan-to-Kor:
    The Sacred Helm
    The Cloven Jaw Scourge: Blockade
    The Cloven Jaw Scourge: The Caverns of Shaagh
    The Halls of Shan-to-Kor

Kundarak:
    Haverdasher
    The Lair of Summoning
    The Chamber of Insanity
    Ruined Halls
    The Forgotten Caverns
    Taming the Flames (Normal)
    Stromvauld's Mine
    Tharashk Arena
    The Prisoner
    Gateway to Kyber
    The Jungle of Kyber
    Haywire Foundry

I have received enough portable holes through other means (drops, chests, etc) to have a surplus so I could give each one of them one.

in short no

its not a solution its just the same alt mule but, easier to gain favor.

Quote Originally Posted by redspecter23 View Post
    My main is in permanent epic and iconic reincarnation mode right now. I don't have any level 15 and under gear left on him that isn't essential. I didn't really find that it freed up much space as most lower level gear outside of raid gear is either unbound or bta. It is nice not having to worry about any of that lower level gear, but I really don't consider it much space saving.
    My main is on its fourth Epic TR (3 Primal for Colors of the Queen and 1 Martial for 3% Doublestrike) and has 10 Heroic TRs. I have a few of the level 5 and 7 gear sets, that I can easily do without, if I went the Iconic TR route.

Always TR into iconic and you don't need level 1-14 gear. That is a fairly big help in reducing your bank space. No more Carnifexes, Abishai sets, low lvl beaters, stat gear under +6 etc.

I have a sentimental attachment toward a lot of the quests, but the savings in bank space do weigh heavily in future TR decisions.

2014 DDO Players Council

I don't have any storage issue with unbound or Bound-to-Account. Only Bound-to-Character.

How many of your low-level-only items are Bound-to-Character? For me, not very many at all, so always starting at 15 wouldn't really help.

2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Greantun View Post
    Each of them went directly to level 15, and then ran a set a quests (all at elite except the one noted) geared to get them the favor needed for bank and inventory:
    I just did another mule lately, and made him Iconic, too.

But for my Coin Lord favor, I did:

Invaders!
    Lordsmarch 1st chain (Diplo, Framework, Eyes)
    Lordsmarch 2nd chain (Summerfield, Blockade, Undermine, Seigebreaker)
    Devil Assault

More fun that doing level 1-4 quests.

I don't save much gear below 11th level anyway. With trs I generally just use what I find until 11 or 12 level, and just buy whatever k need from the ah if it doesn't drop anyway. Other than a con item and a primary stat item it's just not worth gearing until you get up to those levels.

My main is a completionist and I cleared everything out. I don't save anything below 22nd level and I've got a ton of space now.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gljosh View Post
    I was going through my banks (shared, cache, and regular) and found lots of low level items. Having only a main, I could sell most of my level 1~15 items (keeping upgraded items, GS, event items) and free up lots of space.
    How many items are really essential? Throw out the "this-could-be-helpful-at-some-point" and only keep the "definitely-gonna-be-used-in-pretty-much-every-life" items. Some sort of low level metalline pure good useful by just about every class for example. A general dps twink weapon. Mod and heavy fort items. Just enough gear to let you power through the lower levels without necessarily being at uber maximum capacity.
    Thelanis:
    Annikka (Sorc), Dannikka (F), Jannikka (Rgr)
    Tamikka (Bard), Famikka (Rgr)
    Bellynda (Cl), Mellynda (M)

On my main TR guy who is going through heroics I don't even bother gearing up fully until level 9 and just make do with what I find generally speaking, I have crafted skelly and ooze beaters but that's about it.

Stoner81.