Default Mired in Kobolds Question

I have run this a couple of times, and I am unable to destroy the Crystal thingy by Wayfinder Dael (the prisoner). No matter where I stand to target it, my ranged weapons just act like they are hitting an obstacle in the way. I have tried mouse-look mode and jumping while shooting. I have tried jumping and melee/attacking it. Nothing I do works, so I can't get the chest in the cave. That IS a chest in there, isn't it?

So what's the trick?

Thanks in advance!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fedora1 View Post
    I have run this a couple of times, and I am unable to destroy the Crystal thingy by Wayfinder Dael (the prisoner). No matter where I stand to target it, my ranged weapons just act like they are hitting an obstacle in the way. I have tried mouse-look mode and jumping while shooting. I have tried jumping and melee/attacking it. Nothing I do works, so I can't get the chest in the cave. That IS a chest in there, isn't it?

So what's the trick?

Thanks in advance!
    For what its worth, I had the same problem a few days ago when I ran this quest... was unable to break the crystal, had it targeted , but no matter where I stood, I didn't hit it.... maybe a bug???

Who does your taxes?

Ditto. Gave up after about 10 minutes.

As far back as I can remember the only way I could touch that crystal is with AoE splash damage like Fireball or other spells akin to it.

Community Member

It is bugged. No AOE's or ranged weapons work to break it, EXCEPT for the lvl 1(?) sonic spell that arcanes/bards can get. At least, this was the case a month or so back when I was in that level range (ran it 3 times, one of the times there was a wiz with that spell prepped).

Intergalactic Space Crusader
    Treasure Hunter

Default Bugged

You have to hit with something like the Blasting Rod or my rune arm Hand of Tombs, etc. I'm sure there are more items that can break it. I do know that both the Blasting Rog and rune arms with fire short work. I be wand of Fireball will be just fine.

You can free the prisoner w/o breaking the glitched krystal, just by pressing q and interact with her.
    Wyrlax of Orien

Quote Originally Posted by orobold View Post
    You can free the prisoner w/o breaking the glitched krystal, just by pressing q and interact with her.
    Yes, I was able to do that. The wiki states something about a chest for freeing her though, and it looks like it is inside the cave.

Thank you everyone for the replies.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedora1 View Post
    Yes, I was able to do that. The wiki states something about a chest for freeing her though, and it looks like it is inside the cave.

Thank you everyone for the replies.
    Yep, the chest is locked in the cave. Bug report this issue, as a lot of us have done. Ordinary ranged damage used to be able to break the crystal. Somehow in the environment shifts of the last few patches the crystal has moved out of damage range.
    There is no free lunch.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnhelm View Post
    Yep, the chest is locked in the cave. Bug report this issue, as a lot of us have done. Ordinary ranged damage used to be able to break the crystal. Somehow in the environment shifts of the last few patches the crystal has moved out of damage range.
    You CAN open the "door" too. By door, I mean force field. Just use q and e to select the door/field and viola!

There's a bug, however, the crystal doesn't have that much hp, even on elite.
    I use fireball wands.
    Server: Cannith
    Mains: Miahoo, Miahoorog

Default (Combat): You hit Unstable power crystal for Sagans number

Dont forget very easy to crit. Thats where you see all the high level mages put in their bio: (Combat): You hit Unstable power crystal for Sagans number of damage. Ok, maybe Im being over the top. But it is unstable so very easy to kill. And in the past my ranger has never had any issues. In fact I used to have my own game to try destroy the Unstable power crystal before the mage did and rob him of the satisfaction of scoring Sagans number. Although I have not run MIK in long time so this may be a recent bug.
    Quote Originally Posted by totalmir View Post
    I like this thread,it breaks the monotony of my day.
    Quote Originally Posted by PuppiesAndRainbows View Post
    Kobold make a wonderful satisfying crunch sound when killed; you can't kill just one.

Vampires scream ranks up there with kobold crunch for satisfying slays.

Last time I ran it (awhile ago) I opened a ticket and asked a GM to pop the crystal.

You would think in all the time it's been bugged (and other bugged quests) they would make an effort to notify people when they enter the quest...
    I suppose that would make too much sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Mindos View Post
    You CAN open the "door" too. By door, I mean force field. Just use q and e to select the door/field and viola!
    No way! This works? lol

Thanks!