Community Member

Default Over Raided / Duo EE The Lord of Blades

As promised, I'm posting some more stuff. Here is a duo EE LoB that my guildie - Short and I did today.

The tactic used wasn't really anything out of ordinary. Short on dogs and pillars, I was kiting LoB. We killed all the trash, at the beginning, then all the pillars, then a good half an hour of kiting, DPSing, sometimes ping - ponging aggro, countering specials and healing each other in a pinch. On the last phase we killed all the trash until they stopped spawning. After that, we destroyed the pillars and it was done.

Congrats guys!
    Member of Over Raided
    Iamcarbonik - PDK 16 Monk/2 Ftr/2Drd | Iamironic -Drow 14 Wiz/4 FvS/2 Mnk | Iamironical - Bladeforged 16 Arti/2 Pal/2 Mnk | Ironicall - Bladeforged 12 Mnk/6 Rgr/2Pal | Ironicalll - PDK 12 FvS/6 Ftr/2 Mnk

grats guys dat build though O_o

You were talking about a solo attempt, is that something you tried? Very impressive to 2 man this without a tank. I'm just assuming Dminor is using a similar build to yours!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Knight_slayer View Post
    You were talking about a solo attempt, is that something you tried? Very impressive to 2 man this without a tank. I'm just assuming Dminor is using a similar build to yours!
    I haven't tried to solo it yet. I'll be doing solo EE VoN6 first tho.

And yes, Dminor's build is something similar. He just wasn't very convinced by the cleric levels in my build and went for 2 arti lol.

You have the recon clickie from bladeforged, what secondery healing options were you guys using? I wouldn't think cocoon would be effective on a WF. Awesome job kiting LOB, with low-medium saves, medium HP and low-medium PRR I cant imagine how it was done, With chains, stuns, whirlwinds and everything else going on in there.

Your plans for an EE VON 6 solo sound fun, any chance of a video or some IP screenies? Bandicam has a free version, you just have to stop start it before ten minutes. I tried to two man it a while back but there was no spot we could find to take out two pillars before djins respawn.

Community Member
    At Turbine HQ suggesting what to nerf next.

You have the recon clickie from bladeforged, what secondery healing options were you guys using? I wouldn't think cocoon would be effective on a WF. Awesome job kiting LOB, with low-medium saves, medium HP and low-medium PRR I cant imagine how it was done, With chains, stuns, whirlwinds and everything else going on in there.

Your plans for an EE VON 6 solo sound fun, any chance of a video or some IP screenies? Bandicam has a free version, you just have to stop start it before ten minutes. I tried to two man it a while back but there was no spot we could find to take out two pillars before djins respawn.
    You can easily take out 3 djinnis/pillars with 2 people. Ayspam and I did way back when cap was 20. And no crazy spot necessary.
    Teth - Revenants

Babysittin Francine so he dont die 24/7. I used to be good at this game.

Quote Originally Posted by xTethx View Post
    You can easily take out 3 djinnis/pillars with 2 people. Ayspam and I did way back when cap was 20. And no crazy spot necessary.
    On EE? The raid has been re-scaled since then and the re-spawn time is super fast, or not possible, unless there's some spot that you can shot two pillars from. Go back now and take a look.

Community Member

Secondary heal on this build is a Reconstruct scroll with 75% boost from Scroll Mastery. It heals only for 230, but it's good enough in a pinch. The chains, stuns and whirlwinds can be completely avoided, if you do it right. The secret to avoid chains is finding the perfect distance between you and the boss, in which he doesn't reach you with melee attacks, but you are not far enough for him to chain you. Stuns can be blocked with shield blocking and for whirlwinds I just jump into the water and get healed by Short. When I solo this raid I usually avoid the whirlwind by increasing the distance and winging, since there is nobody to heal me if I jump into the water.

As for lowish, as you say, HP, PRR and saves. I kind of prefer better DPS than excessive defense. I find saves ~50 (buffed) to be good enough for basically anything right now. I'd feel very bad if I dumped even a single point of damage to increase those saves. I'm usually running at 1105 HP with Primal Scream and Tenser's (1148 with yugo pot, but I never use them lol), which I also find more than enough in most of the cases. As for PRR, I used to solo stuff with 56 PRR on my human build and now 67 - 87 PRR seems to me like a luxury lol. Bladeforged also have 20% Slashing Absorbtion, which is very handy.

I wish my PC would allow me to record lol. Last time I tried to record something with CamStudio with the lowest video quality possible, my FPS dropped to like 5 frames per minute. Taking a screenshot freezes me for like 5 - 10 sec, which is fine when I have nothing on me, but can be deadly in the middle of fight. So yeah, I can record all you want, if you find someone to sponsor a new PC for me. xD

About dropping pillars. There is a spot from where you can range all 3 of them. I won't take the pleasure of exploring it on your own from you tho, so go - go, find it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaatan View Post
    When I solo this raid I usually avoid the whirlwind by increasing the distance and winging, since there is nobody to heal me if I jump into the water.
    We are talking epic elite now though!

As for lowish, as you say, HP, PRR and saves. I kind of prefer better DPS than excessive defense.
    Kill it before it kills you?

I wish my PC would allow me to record lol. Last time I tried to record something with CamStudio with the lowest video quality possible, my FPS dropped to like 5 frames per minute. Taking a screenshot freezes me for like 5 - 10 sec, which is fine when I have nothing on me, but can be deadly in the middle of fight.
    There are exploits in the game right now that give an insane amount of defense, basicley making you untouchable. IP SS of character sheet or video is the only way to show your not using it. Must be IP as it's very easy to remove this exploit but a lot harder, especially if your IP, to apply it. If you have your party chat open, set it to party only to avoid anything going in to that chat box, like tells or anything else, then take some SS of character sheet at start and while IP along the way, will prove your not using it. Like one at the start, one after pillars gone down before you fight dragon and one with the XP completion on your screen. Cheaters make thing tough for the true soloers, spoils the game for everyone else as well.

I'm not trying to derail your achievement here, I tried to PM this to you but your inbox is full. I just figured seeing as you have taken a bashing for cheating in the past, even though it may have been unintentional, you'd probably want to know how to avoid that happening again.

About dropping pillars. There is a spot from where you can range all 3 of them.
    That's what I thought.

Community Member

We are talking epic elite now though!
    Yeah, I never said that I'll be able to do it for sure. I'll try it at some point, but it can very well prove to be too hard for me.

Kill it before it kills you?
    More or less lol.

There are exploits in the game right now that give an insane amount of defense, basicley making you untouchable. IP SS of character sheet or video is the only way to show your not using it. Must be IP as it's very easy to remove this exploit but a lot harder, especially if your IP, to apply it. If you have your party chat open, set it to party only to avoid anything going in to that chat box, like tells or anything else, then take some SS of character sheet at start and while IP along the way, will prove your not using it. Like one at the start, one after pillars gone down before you fight dragon and one with the XP completion on your screen. Cheaters make thing tough for the true soloers, spoils the game for everyone else as well.
    Now you got me curious. I thought I was up to date with all the "features" lol. So, VoN apart, would a screenshot at the beginning and screenshots with xp report do the trick? Since it's so hard to reapply?

I'm not trying to derail your achievement here, I tried to PM this to you but your inbox is full. I just figured seeing as you have taken a bashing for cheating in the past, even though it may have been unintentional, you'd probably want to know how to avoid that happening again.
    Huh, I didn't realize that my inbox was full. Thanks, it should be cleared now.

Now you got me curious. I thought I was up to date with all the "features" lol. So, VoN apart, would a screenshot at the beginning and screenshots with xp report do the trick?
    If you SS with character sheet at start, before you fight dragon and one more with the xp and completion that flashes on your screen for about 6 seconds, would make it much harder, but not impossible, to use this exploit. Lame right? An IP SS while fighting dragon would be optimal, but with your SS lag that's probably not a good idea.

Community Member

If you SS with character sheet at start, before you fight dragon and one more with the xp and completion that flashes on your screen for about 6 seconds, would make it much harder, but not impossible, to use this exploit. Lame right? An IP SS while fighting dragon would be optimal, but with your SS lag that's probably not a good idea.
    I meant it for any raid/quest, not just for VoN, which has a conveniant pause before the main fight. But seeing how you say that it's possible to reapply it even if I do it as you say, I'll most likely be accused of using it anyway lol.

I've been thinking a bit about this duo tonight, you must have some crazy lob kiting skills. I attempted this 2 man some time ago, we were fine until LOB!!! We wiped less than 60 seconds after he spawned!

Struggling to think of anything tougher, skills wise. This is one of those historic achievements, like the EE FOT, that people will talk about for some time. Max gratz.

Time Bandit

Good luck. I tried for quite some time to get Shat to record his solo runs for me a long time ago, because I'd be able to figure out boss HP from that (since he'd be the only one doing damage the whole time so I could get extremely accurate estimates, and I wouldn't have to hold up an entire raid group to get my data). He declined, forcing me to figure out how else to get boss HP estimates myself. Hmph.

On EE? The raid has been re-scaled since then and the re-spawn time is super fast, or not possible, unless there's some spot that you can shot two pillars from. Go back now and take a look.
    Admittedly it's been a while since I've tested it now, but when I tested it for the timing it was 10 seconds on epic from when the first pillar went down to when they all regenned back to full HP (and 15 seconds on heroic). This means you have 10 seconds from when the first pillar goes down to make the other two pillars go down. This is a different mentality than making 3 pillars go down in 10 seconds. It's plenty of time (in fact, enough time to run from one pillar to another), and in fact we weren't even the first ones to do it -- Teth and Ayspam used more or less the same strategy to take down 3 pillars with 2 people. We simply compressed the strategy so that a single person could do it.

The hard part is dealing with Velah once you get the pillars down. If I had a character that was able to do that, I would've soloed VoN6 myself back when it was just "epic", before epic got split into different difficulties. The problem was that I didn't have a character that could beat Velah's regen as well as deal with the trash within the allotted time. That's why I ended up only doing it up to heroic elite, where Velah had low enough HP for me to complete in time.

About dropping pillars. There is a spot from where you can range all 3 of them. I won't take the pleasure of exploring it on your own from you tho, so go - go, find it.
    By the way, it's not really that you need to find a single spot where you can hit 3 pillars. After all, you can move during those 10 seconds after the first pillar goes down.

I just figured seeing as you have taken a bashing for cheating in the past, even though it may have been unintentional, you'd probably want to know how to avoid that happening again.
    You give forum trolls too much credit. Anyone can spam the achievement forums claiming that they were all done with exploits. Doesn't mean that it has merit or carries any weight. In fact, if you look at the people who have accused Shat of cheating, you'll find that they all had no idea how to solo a raid so they spoke from ignorance. None have posted about they themselves soloing raids (showing they actually have any idea how to go about soloing raids or understand raid mechanics or even how to put together a good soloing build), nor do they bring up specific points to back up their claims other than to say there's some general exploit going on (and the few times where people brought up something specific, it's because they didn't know how the game mechanics actually worked at the time or what's considered legitimate, such as claiming that using diplomacy in a raid specifically designed to have an NPC fight alongside you for a time, with flavor text for when the NPC switches sides, is not WAI). The claims were not made by people that had any actual experience on soloing raids, such as Teth and others, who would be in a much better position (via past experience and in-depth raid knowledge) to judge what is feasible and what smells like foul play. If someone claimed you exploited because "there's no way a player can solo tiles", do you think it would be legit for others to start saying in future posts that you've been accused of exploiting and that people suspect you of cheating, in your achievement threads?

Taking the VoN6 pillars down within 10 seconds is one example -- it's been over two and a half years since Teth and Ayspam duo'ed it, and people are still confused about how it's possible to shortman 3 pillars. There's no need to resort to claiming exploits over stuff like this, and yet this is the type of stuff that I see all the time (BTW I'm not saying that you're claiming it's an exploit, but others have specifically used killing the pillars near-simultaneously to claim exploit in the past). I suppose it might seem too good to be true if your only past VoN6 experience is to have 3 groups, one at each pillar, for this part. Heck, in the past people have been surprised that Over Raided doesn't rely on having one or more bards fascinate the trash at each pillar; having a bard for VoN6 used to be considered essential in non-OR raids, with people not understanding other ways to deal with the trash. But people who have explored how the raid actually works will realize that this actually more time than you need.

Yes, Shat conceivably could start taking more screenshots. But the same forum trolls will just start making up exploits that "must have been done in between screenshots". It is always possible to claim an "exploit of the gaps" no matter what documentation is provided. And failing that, they'll just claim that Shat doctored screenshots. (Don't laugh. This has already happened before, claiming incontrovertible proof which will soon be posted...but somehow never was.) Same thing would happen with videos. There is simply no convincing some people who are utterly convinced that anyone doing something they don't understand must be exploiting, implicitly following the narcissist mantra "I am the best in the game, and therefore anyone better than me (doing something I don't know how to do) must be cheating." And it's very easy to just claim that there exists some vague exploit to spread FUD on the forums and try to discredit others.

That's why eventually we just decided to say, anyone who honestly believes Shat is cheating and has any legitimate claim should report to Turbine about it, instead of flinging mud on the forums (which is against the rules). There's really no realistic way to placate people who are dead set in their beliefs. Turbine (ostensibly anyway) has a strict policy against cheaters; in fact I remember a past thread where someone complained that Turbine doesn't really want good players because his friend soloed elite ToD and was banned the next day (leaving out the obvious reply...because his friend probably used an exploit to solo it). It would be a death wish for someone who cheats to post about it, inviting further scrutiny from Turbine. It would be a bigger death wish for someone who cheats to post about it continuously. That Shat is still here posting more achievements should be all the proof that anyone needs that either 1) people who claim Shat cheats aren't really serious about it -- reporting it to Turbine detailing specifics about how the cheat is done to make sure it gets fixed, and so Turbine could look into if Shat is in fact doing it -- and are just forum trolling instead, or 2) Turbine did look into it and found Shat didn't actually do anything wrong, i.e. exploits were not used, seeing as how he's not banned. Presumably Turbine also has some policy against players filing false reports against other players, which reinforces the if they were serious about it possibility. I should note, by the way, that "You cheated!" is a verbatim example of unacceptable discussion for the achievements forum.

In fact I find it a rather sad state of affairs when some people's first instinct toward other people's achievements is to claim that exploits were used, rather than to seriously consider how it might have been done. It reveals more about how these people approach the game and their mindset toward achieving objectives than anything else. Part of the reason for posting about things that Over Raided has done is to show players that indeed, more can be done with the game, once you get bored of the endless grind and gathering meaningless shinies. I think people who complain that the game is boring because the endgame is just mindless XPing and running the same quests over and over for the same low % of gear is sort of missing the point about what makes a game fun -- being confronted with a problem, learning about the problem, trying and figuring out ways to deal with the problem, and eventually solving the problem. So people who say they're bored with the game but haven't soloed raids is missing out on an interesting aspect of DDO, that requires relatively little grind (Shat doesn't have perfect gear nor oodles of past lives) but is very engaging. Unfortunately some people would like to make the game more about accusing other players of shenanigans than bringing the game and players to new heights.

in all my runs with Over Raided. . .they don't cheat, they are really just that good ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Vanshilar View Post
    That's why eventually we just decided to say, anyone who honestly believes Shat is cheating and has any legitimate claim should report to Turbine about it, instead of flinging mud on the forums (which is against the rules).
    When I say he's taken a bashing before, I was talking about the screen shots he linked using multiple sharadi stances, not some idiot ranting. I don't think I need to link them, pretty sure you know what I'm talking about. The reason I felt it important to let him know about this exploit is that it went viral this week! So imagine, an exploit goes viral and a week later a bunch of EE raids are solo'd. Hmmmm. Shataan is talking about soloing 3 or 4 raids, I thought he'd want to know how to protect himself.

It was, in hindsight, in bad taste for me to talk about this on this thread and for that I'm sorry. I'd be happy to delete all my posts however I think it's to late for that. I did try to PM Shataan but his inbox was full.

Community Member

forgot to remove madstone skull again from hotbars?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nolifer2 View Post
    forgot to remove madstone skull again from hotbars?
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post5213734