Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spanish Forum

Default Spanish Forum

I dont know if this is the right place to post it... but It will be nice to see a part of the forum in spanish, to all of us to speak in spanish.
    I dont have problem with english (even if my typing its a disaster) but i have a lot of friends that dont speak it

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by avepepix View Post
    I dont know if this is the right place to post it... but It will be nice to see a part of the forum in spanish, to all of us to speak in spanish.
    I dont have problem with english (even if my typing its a disaster) but i have a lot of friends that dont speak it
    You'd have to prove that a good chunk of Latin America plays DDO for them to release a Spanish forum (or even server, since that's what Wayfinder is supposed to be). I recall that the French and German forums and UI were because there's a lot of dedicated French/German players around. It's odd to see a lack of Chinese/Spanish forums, even if they're the two most-spoken languages worldwide, but while it's easy to understand for Spanish players (you'll probably see a Portuguese server first), it's a complete mystery for Chinese players (perhaps because of the ideograms).

It'd be funny to see (and hear) the descriptions of the game in Spanish. I mean, just how they'd work "Ranger" in Spanish (¿Guardabosque? ¿Cazador?) is a mystery. Same for Bard (¿Bardo? ¿Joglar?) and perhaps Favored Soul (the literal translation, "Alma Favorecida", is groan-inducing). Not to mention the accent of the Dungeon Master (Castilian accent? Neutral (read: somewhat Mexican) Hispanic Accent?).

Though, it'd be fun to hear Jeets speaking in Spanish. What kind of accent he'd have, anyways?

Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council

Just prove there is enough demand for it and you may get it

The ANTI-Realms FANBOI NUKE THE REALMS ITS THE ONLY REAL WAY TO BE SURE

I play D&D from about... 16 years?... Yeap 16 years and some manuals were translated to spanish, so Ranger was Guardabosques in 2.0, Thief was Ladron or Rouge, p?*caro =P And yes Bard its Bardo, Here in Argentina Bardo has a funny meaning.

I game theres a lot of spanish players, i can mention it here, but i dont think it would be necesary. But its seems that i have to prove that we who speak spanish are here, and we are more than 20...

Maybe starting saying something like "I speak spanish" or "Presente" ???

I play D&D from about... 16 years?... Yeap 16 years and some manuals were translated to spanish, so Ranger was Guardabosques in 2.0, Thief was Ladron or Rouge, p?*caro =P And yes Bard its Bardo, Here in Argentina Bardo has a funny meaning.

I game theres a lot of spanish players, i can mention it here, but i dont think it would be necesary. But its seems that i have to prove that we who speak spanish are here, and we are more than 20...

Maybe starting saying something like "I speak spanish" or "Presente" ???
    I speak spanish and I would love a spanish forum, but your idea is not practical. Few people reads "Suggestions & Ideas". I read daily other forums (General DDO Discussion, for example), but almost never this forum.

This thread is not a good measure, avepepix.
    English is not my native language. Sorry for the mistakes.

It's a nice idea, but I don't think it's practical. There are just barely enough forumites of all languages to keep this forum going as is. Breaking that down into a category even smaller will just lead to a dead forum. However, if you prefer to speak in Spanish, can you just start Spanish language threads in the English forum categories? I'm not sure how the rules work. If it turns out there is enough interest, then maybe Turbine will give Spanish speakers their own sub-forum.
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

All can happens in the turbine ways

One of the question can be, the spanish speakers, would like to have their own sub forum?

Maybe its ends in only a idea.

Yes I would like to speak in spanish. Its nice to speak with someone else in your language.

Thumbs up

All can happens in the turbine ways

One of the question can be, the spanish speakers, would like to have their own sub forum?

Maybe its ends in only a idea.

Yes I would like to speak in spanish. Its nice to speak with someone else in your language.
    ¡Hola! Me llamo Erofen y yo soy un Halfling. Esto es una gran idea para aquellos que hablan a español.
    Orien: ~Erofen (30 Assassin Rogue) ~Erofenlock (22 EB Warlock) ~Erofenmonk (28 Light Monk) ~Erofentrap (25 Roguerficer (1st TR/Legend Build ever)) ~Erofenbarb (28 Barb) ~Erofenbless (28 FvS Chest Blesser) ~Erofenthree (28 Cleric Dualbox) ~Erofenten (20 Barb Triplebox)
    Quote Originally Posted by MadFloyd View Post
    Um, I'm almost afraid to ask, but exactly just what is 'sneak humping'? Kex! Stop It! O.o

I know almost nobody reads "sugestion and ideas" but. Where else i can post it?

But we the spanish speakers are here

De apoquito vamos apareciendo!

"General DDO Discussion" es el foro más leido, y en general con más actividad.
    English is not my native language. Sorry for the mistakes.

Si, ese es el foro más leido pero ¿Este post deber?*a ir ah?*?

I would love to see this happening.
    I'm currently playing on argo, where there are easily 6+ spanish speaking guilds, and some of them with lots of players (mine has 50ish) but i've also played for several months in orien and thelanis and there are a lot of spanish speaking players and guilds aswell

I don't ask for game translation, just for a forum section.
    Y saludos!
    Argo: - Trolls Lair / Intransigence

i speak spanish as well but i dont rly see the point on breaking down the forums for a spanish section ...
    Ekcz - Retired Gimp ...

We speaking spanish players had been since beta, many of us just have no trouble at all with english language. Although there are few ones that no speak english at all, the idea may help them but i doubt they really be reading the forums as those are in english. And also translation of the game will be nice but both spanish and latin america translations would be not good enough and someway lost of full meaning as it does with the games or animes translations (wich sounds horrible).
    ARGOMABAR Server
    Zorlinta Freespirit- Korlana Malataza
    Yeah, finally updated the signature so?

Community Member

Esto es el tema recurrente de todos los años, y turbine no ha hecho ni va ha hacer el esfuerzo de crear un foro en español, y menos aún pagar una traducción. Turbine nunca desarrolla pensando en el mercado hispanohablante, y eso hace que sus juegos tiren para atrás a más de uno, ya que con la oferta de mmorpg gratuitos de calidad en el mercado la gente prefiere juegos traducidos, más teniendo en cuenta que el DDO no es un juego especialmente amigable para gente con poco o ningún nivel de inglés. Y que el juego esté en francés y alemán lo he explicado ya alguna vez en otros hilos como este, es porque la legislación de esos paises obliga a que cualquier juego que se comercialice en formato fisico en ese pais debe estar en el idioma del pais, y el DDO empezó siendo un juego que se vendia en DVD.

Smile Hola, hola

I agree that game translation is just too much for a first approach to spanish speaking players, but a sub forum in spanish is just that easy... nothing new but creating a category and also no maintenance.
    Probably there wont be many posts here demanding it... but mainly because the forum is in english.
    Please, a sub forum in spanish.

Por favor, un sub foro (o categor?*a, o apartado, o cachito de apartado) en español. Simplemente un punto de encuentro para los que hablamos español.
    Spellburst, Toikos, Phylantrios (Argo)

Yo creo que estaria bien una seccion en español hay una gran comunidad y esta creciendo y ayudaria mucho para la gente nueva que entra en el juego saludos
    Nochipatzin: bard (Sir ever) Quetzalcoatl: sorcerer (god of wind) Ekapltzin: barb. (Son Quetzalcoatl) Tepatiatzin (Clr coming soon like turbine coming soon :P)

Community Member

I asure you that turbine is very aware (or can be) of the total number of spanish speakers in all servers as they have all our registration info and loging info. The question is, do they care?. My guess is they don't. Probably is because the hipanolatin comunity has not express a clear discontent with this situación and probably there is no discontent in active player comunity, so things Will continue the same. Would ddo Will be more atractive to spanish speakers if the game would be translated to spanish any accent, totally. It is wroth for turbine, don't know.

Thumbs up proposal

That would have Seria A Great Party Game In Spanish For We Are Many Latinos And Spanish Playing Now That We Also Suggest DDO Flakes The Costume GiantHold For Those Who played With Monks should look great.

A sub forum in spanish has some mayor points that "translate the game"
    it will be THE point of reunion.

Me (at least) dont ask for a game traduction, I think almost all here play pnp too, so we play it in english.
    I dont ask for turbine to translate nothing. I can translate the news or wathever its needed. But i know of people that play the game and dont get a word from english.
    I know people that love to play it, but they dont know english at all. That people can get a really good help here, in a sub forum in spanish.

Sera tal vez que a turbine no le importe que hablamos español, que seamos de sudamerica o españa, o centro america. Pero se que a turbine le gusta vender. Y ni siquiera tienen que gastar una moneda de cobre en esto.
    Un sub foro en español va a ayudar a que nosotros nos podamos comunicar y reunir más facilmente y tambien los nuevos jugadores van a poder contactarse con nosotros mas facilmente.

Perhaps will not mind a turbine that we speak Spanish, that we are in South America or Spain, or Center America. But I know that turbine love to sell. And do not even have to spend a copper on this.
    A sub forum in Spanish is going to help us to communicate more easily and also the new players will be able to contact us more easily.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast