Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Default Shiradi Caster Population Reduction in 6 Steps...

If you want to reduce the number of Shiradi casters, try the following:

1. Reduce EE mob saves by 5 across the board in Gianthold and beyond.

2. Add some more of the many, many arcane and divine spells missing from the game. Particularly high level ones (level 6 and beyond).

3. Replace epic warded mobs with straight out immunities to some things. But drop the invalidation of entire schools of magic for no apparent reason.

4. Add more school boosting availability through enhancements, destinies, and gear that isn't Necro/Evocation/Conjuration.

5. Boost mob saves on epic hard difficulty across the board by 8 in Gianthold and beyond.

6. Stop forcing casters to farm out 9+ lives and have top tier gear to expect a dc related spell to land reliably.

People forget that Shiradi gained it's popularity with casters due to dc casting being rendered unreliable and mana intensive. Change that and people will move away from Shiradi because there will be other schools, specilizations, and spells that actually work more than fizzle.

You shouldn't have to be a completionist or near one to expect to be able to run a caster in EE's. *That* has been the problem...
    Khyber: Evandus, Halfdeadd, Licoricewhip, Sawyn, Elkabongg, Brothanumsi, Soulbro, Cromix.
    And an army of gimp experiments!

Quote Originally Posted by taurean430 View Post
    if you want to reduce the number of shiradi casters, try the following:

1. Reduce ee mob saves by 5 across the board in gianthold and beyond.

2. Add some more of the many, many arcane and divine spells missing from the game. Particularly high level ones (level 6 and beyond).

3. Replace epic warded mobs with straight out immunities to some things. But drop the invalidation of entire schools of magic for no apparent reason.

4. Add more school boosting availability through enhancements, destinies, and gear that isn't necro/evocation/conjuration.

5. Boost mob saves on epic hard difficulty across the board by 8 in gianthold and beyond.

6. Stop forcing casters to farm out 9+ lives and have top tier gear to expect a dc related spell to land reliably.

People forget that shiradi gained it's popularity with casters due to dc casting being rendered unreliable and mana intensive. Change that and people will move away from shiradi because there will be other schools, specilizations, and spells that actually work more than fizzle.

You shouldn't have to be a completionist or near one to expect to be able to run a caster in ee's. *that* has been the problem...
    amen

You guys are looking to deep into this. There are not as many OP fotm toons running around as what you like to think. Even if everyone is playing the monk splashes and Shiradi, why the hell are the res cakes one of the best sellers in the store?

Some of you are losing focus that forumites do not make up the population of DDO. Many of us can make a terrible build shine while the overwhelming majority of players (95% that do not post here) struggle with the best of toons in the easiest of content.

Keep asking for nerfs and you will get just that. Turbine will break 20 other things in the process not to mention you would be hurting a majority of players (that don’t post here) by taking away their fun. And remember Game balance < Profits.
    Flabby-Flaber-Flabo--Heifer-Oinks

LEGION

If you want to reduce the number of Shiradi casters, try the following:

1. Reduce EE mob saves by 5 across the board in Gianthold and beyond.
    LOLz . . . you just gave my PM god-mode. That suggestion is silly.

Flip side of the coin:

What benefit will there be to the players that have done this. Won't the game be utterly too easy for them in your proposal?

There are completionists. There are triple-completionists. There are people that have farmed gear for 7 years on a preferred character.
    If these are "elite" characters, why do you think a first life character with non-optimized gear should be in this rarified strata of the playerbase?

It's a long road that some have traveled to get their characters to those levels. Why should a first life character be able to be just as effective as those?
    If everyone can do Elite, then by definition, it's not elite. Right?

Perhaps EH getting a bump so that it does provide a challenge to the 80% of the playerbase, and Elite being balanced (BALANCED!) for what a 10th life Legend character can do would be reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by Systern View Post
    If these are "elite" characters, why do you think a first life character with non-optimized gear should be in this rarified strata of the playerbase?

For the most part . . . these are NOT the elite players.

it takes 1 PL for a Wizard to get good DCs. the "9 lives" thing is nonsense.

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    LOLz . . . you just gave my PM god-mode. That suggestion is silly.
    If that change gives your PM god-mode, then you're a good enough player to deserve god-mode. Pale Masters are close to immortal on Normal and Hard because their defenses and healing are greater than incoming damage almost all of the time - you don't need to even remember that you have a red bar in most quests. But on Elite, the incoming damage is significantly higher and Pale Masters are more challenging to keep afloat than arcane toasters or melee characters who have a dedicated babysitter. If you can do just fine dealing with incoming damage on Epic Elite, then that's just fine.

The fact that DCs are so focused on a single school is enough of a limitation that I don't see a problem with individual characters having obscene DCs in a single school. There are more than enough enemies that are immune to each individual school to make the game still interesting.
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

For the most part . . . these are NOT the elite players.

it takes 1 PL for a Wizard to get good DCs. the "9 lives" thing is nonsense.
    And a Wizard with 1 PL is only 1 DC ahead of a Wizard with 0 past lives, so that says to me that a Wizard can get good DCs on a first life - as long as they have good gear.
    And that is beautiful
    And that is beautiful

And while we are in the process of nerfing things, nerf monks and warforged.

Quote Originally Posted by bsquishwizzy View Post
    And while we are in the process of nerfing things, nerf monks and warforged.
    Explain to me, in small words that my tiny troll-brain can understand, what's so OP about Warforged?

They don't sink in milk?
    Characters on Orien:
    Wanzer/ Klingtanz/ Incanta Superior/ Mercantus

Quote Originally Posted by HungarianRhapsody View Post
    If that change gives your PM god-mode, then you're a good enough player to deserve god-mode. Pale Masters are close to immortal on Normal and Hard because their defenses and healing are greater than incoming damage almost all of the time - you don't need to even remember that you have a red bar in most quests. But on Elite, the incoming damage is significantly higher and Pale Masters are more challenging to keep afloat than arcane toasters or melee characters who have a dedicated babysitter. If you can do just fine dealing with incoming damage on Epic Elite, then that's just fine.

The fact that DCs are so focused on a single school is enough of a limitation that I don't see a problem with individual characters having obscene DCs in a single school. There are more than enough enemies that are immune to each individual school to make the game still interesting.
    God-mode is boring . . . take a level 28 in Elite Amrath or something that used to be challenging and just laugh at it.

I'll say the ONLY place where a well built/equipped level 28 PM is balanced is EE stormhorns.

And you ARE WRONG about DCs being focused in 1 school. I have FOUR +5 DC boosting items typically equipped at any given time and I use all four schools. If you're only using one you're playing wrong.

Explain to me, in small words that my tiny troll-brain can understand, what's so OP about Warforged?
    I could, but id need a flux capacitor and 1.21 jiggawatts to go back to 2010 before they nerfed warforged.

God-mode is boring . . . take a level 28 in Elite Amrath or something that used to be challenging and just laugh at it.

I'll say the ONLY place where a well built/equipped level 28 PM is balanced is EE stormhorns.

And you ARE WRONG about DCs being focused in 1 school. I have FOUR +5 DC boosting items typically equipped at any given time and I use all four schools. If you're only using one you're playing wrong.
    LMAO. This is true for 5% of the population. Your “God like” toon needs to come down from heaven and see the MAJORITY of players struggling with content. I couldn’t keep count of the number of pm’s, (those gods you speak of) that have been soul stones because they could not handle what they were getting into. This goes for any class/race.

You guys can knock off the agenda off wanting to nerf things because you are zuber players while the majority of the unbathed masses will struggle to beat the easiest of content with these mythical god type characters.
    Flabby-Flaber-Flabo--Heifer-Oinks

LEGION

Too many immunities, and no crippling weaknesses.

The best is being stunned by rust monsters. Pffth.

WF need to be crippled for the sake of game balance.

Contradiction to below...

I'd like to have Dwarves crippled. They are in every western fantasy content.
    Characters on Orien:
    Wanzer/ Klingtanz/ Incanta Superior/ Mercantus

Quote Originally Posted by Vint View Post
    LMAO. This is true for 5% of the population. Your “God like” toon needs to come down from heaven and see the MAJORITY of players struggling with content. I couldn’t keep count of the number of pm’s, (those gods you speak of) that have been soul stones because they could not handle what they were getting into. This goes for any class/race.

You guys can knock off the agenda off wanting to nerf things because you are zuber players while the majority of the unbathed masses will struggle to beat the easiest of content with these mythical god type characters.
    Let them eat cake.

And hjeal meh.

The unwashed masses simply don't belong in EE.

WF need to be crippled for the sake of game balance.
    The immunities was nerfed to hell about a18 months ago. Really, only one that's ubber is the FTS immunity since they aren't made of flesh.

If you want to pimp out your DC in a school, you can...
    boost your Int (all schools effected)
    turn on Heighten (all schools effected)
    get 1 DC from Past Life Wizard
    get 1 DC from Completionist (not worth pursuing in my opinion, but it's an option)
    get a Spell Focus item that doesn't stack with Nether Orb or any other +5 school focus items.
    ...and that's about it for the things that bump up all schools at once.

Everything else is spell focus/greater spell focus feats for one school, enhancements/epic destinies for one school or an item for one school.

Yes, it's possible to boost more than one school if you invest resourses into more than one school, but you're still boosting one school at a time and there's only so many slots/AP that are possible to spend.

What's your final DC for each individual school? I'm curious to see what the difference is between your best school DC vs. your worst school DC. That's not saying your DCs are "too good" or "not good enough", but I think it would be an interesting thing to look at.
    And that is beautiful
    And that is beautiful

Quote Originally Posted by HungarianRhapsody View Post

What's your final DC for each individual school? I'm curious to see what the difference is between your best school DC vs. your worst school DC. That's not saying your DCs are "too good" or "not good enough", but I think it would be an interesting thing to look at.
    68 Necro
    62 Enchant
    59(?) in the other schools with a +5 item equipped. Evocation (Necklace - Torcing is EE is pretty much suicide) so nukes hit and Conjuration (boots) for web . . .

A 59 DC web is good enough that three cleric lives is actually looking like a decent idea. But that'll probably never happen as I'm not a one-toon-wonder and there are better pay-off/time invested thing I could do. My wizard is actually a secondary toon, not my main.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast