Default Does the epic feat "improved sneak attack" apply to ranged damage?

Does the epic feat "improved sneak attack" apply to ranged damage?

Also, does halfling guile apply to ranged damage?

All sneak attack damage should apply to ranged damage, but only when you're in point blank range. Unless I missed something and that's changed. I can't say for certain that those two specific examples do apply to ranged attacks though, I've not personally tried/tested.

Sneak attack damage triggers at point blank range.

Quote Originally Posted by Ykt View Post
    which, IMO, is totally asinine.

if i hit you unexpectedly with an *anything* from so far away that you have no idea who launched it or where it came from, i'd say that's the very definition of a "sneak attack"

The Funniest Thing I've Ever Read
    Toons: Twengor (pal), Margween (Bard/FTR/Rogue), Nestrana (wiz), Ammerlyn (Arti), Ostarin (Monk) on Cannith

better term for sneak damage would be "presision damage".

Quote Originally Posted by Ykt View Post
    just out of curiosity, for a comparative standpoint, how far is point blank range? is it the radius of a haste spell? or less? more?

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodeus451 View Post
    which, IMO, is totally asinine.

if i hit you unexpectedly with an *anything* from so far away that you have no idea who launched it or where it came from, i'd say that's the very definition of a "sneak attack"

Sneak attack is hitting the known vital areas of whatever entity is being attacked. I dont like the name "sneak attack" as it applies to 3.5 in accordance with its definition, because sneaking is only one way to make someone vulnerable to it. being flanked or flat footed are the more common ways. If oyu could be precise enough to hit the known vital area from that long of a distance away then it might fit the definition.

DWS capstone gives you PBS and SA from any distance, so there is a way to make that happen in game.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

Quote Originally Posted by ishr View Post
    just out of curiosity, for a comparative standpoint, how far is point blank range? is it the radius of a haste spell? or less? more?
    30 feet initially. Can be increased using enhancements.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by ishr View Post

I'd say slightly further hten the haste spell, There are ways to increase it (and as someone said the DWS capstone lets you get it from any distance) You'll get a target symbol infront of your damage whenever you are in point blank range (though this might only happen if you got point blank shot feat)

Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    30 feet initially. Can be increased using enhancements.
    32.8 feet actually.

In ddo, distance for PBS is mesured in meters, not feet.

PBS distance is normally 10 meters.