Default Smallest Notebook to play DDO reliable?

Hi,

I wonder on which small Notebook or Netbook some guys play DDO reliable in something around XGA (1024×768) / WXGA (1366×768),
    as I am looking for a portable for the times when I hit the road.
    * We have collectable bags, hell even hireling folders, but can I have that 6-pack for my potions please?
    * Having already a past life on the dieng EU servers, I rerolled here and started from scratch as I like the game and the community, so lets see what awaits me here

when I started playing I was using an Asus Eee pc. If you lower the graphics and have no underlaying processes, good connection etc you can even do some quests, but forget about raids, unless ure willing to pike (as I did till I got a new laptop in several shrouds )
    Wyrlax of Orien

Quote Originally Posted by orobold View Post
    when I started playing I was using an Asus Eee pc.
    I currently use an ASUS EP121 Tablet, one of the original (post-iPad craze) touch screen PC tablets.

With minimum graphical settings, I run both EVE Online and DDO at the same time, one on the tablet screen and one on the monitor via HDMI, and receive little-to-no graphical lag. By minimum, I mean lowest quality settings, but 1024x768 for windowed mode (even I wouldn't do 800x600, but the game does support it!) By "little-to-no", I mean that the multiple sleet storms that lag my tablet a little also lag my high-end, $3000 work PC, as well.

If you get yourself a modern Windows 8.1 Pro PC (like a Surface), it'll run DDO like a charm.

In regards to controls, I use a keyboard/mouse when plugged in, but have also created custom keyboards to play on the road with the touchscreen. I wouldn't raid in touch screen mode, but I can certainly do my dailies without issue.

Good luck! Let me know if you have any questions.

when I started playing I was using an Asus Eee pc. If you lower the graphics and have no underlaying processes, good connection etc you can even do some quests, but forget about raids, unless ure willing to pike (as I did till I got a new laptop in several shrouds )
    Wow, ok, nice to see it work even on such limited systems.

However I had a bit more then an Intel Atom in my mind. I am just feed-up to carry my old 20kg Laptop with me around and looking for something more portable. Surely with 20kg I am exaggerating here but one get the idea. I don't know if there are a lot of Netbooks with discrete graphics card and worry that an Intel Atom in general isn't powerful enough to play reliable. Not saying I raid a lot, but I don't want to play piking neither

Thanks for the feedback!
    * We have collectable bags, hell even hireling folders, but can I have that 6-pack for my potions please?
    * Having already a past life on the dieng EU servers, I rerolled here and started from scratch as I like the game and the community, so lets see what awaits me here

Quote Originally Posted by SisAmethyst View Post
    Surely with 20kg I am exaggerating here but one get the idea.
    Surface Pro 2 is 1.9 pounds (900 grams).

I'd say go for it, if you have the scratch.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenmity View Post
    I currently use an ASUS EP121 Tablet, one of the original (post-iPad craze) touch screen PC tablets.

With minimum graphical settings, I run both EVE Online and DDO at the same time, one on the tablet screen and one on the monitor via HDMI, and receive little-to-no graphical lag. By minimum, I mean lowest quality settings, but 1024x768 for windowed mode (even I wouldn't do 800x600, but the game does support it!) By "little-to-no", I mean that the multiple sleet storms that lag my tablet a little also lag my high-end, $3000 work PC, as well.

If you get yourself a modern Windows 8.1 Pro PC (like a Surface), it'll run DDO like a charm.

In regards to controls, I use a keyboard/mouse when plugged in, but have also created custom keyboards to play on the road with the touchscreen. I wouldn't raid in touch screen mode, but I can certainly do my dailies without issue.

Good luck! Let me know if you have any questions.
    Yes, just looked it up. This is somewhere in the direction I am looking at and with 1.16 kg a really comfortable weight.

Thanks for the feedback!

Quote Originally Posted by Zenmity View Post
    Surface Pro 2 is 1.9 pounds (900 grams).

I'd say go for it, if you have the scratch.
    Ohh, haven't actually noticed Microsoft is producing those and had looked more at Asus, Dell, Samsung and HP.
    But this looks indeed interesting and the price is also inside of the limits.

Thanks!

Community Member

(as I did till I got a new laptop in several shrouds )
    Wow, the loot's really getting better! Was the laptop BtA or BtC?

Community Member

Hi,

I wonder on which small Notebook or Netbook some guys play DDO reliable in something around XGA (1024×768) / WXGA (1366×768),
    Not what you asked for but still might fit in.
    http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-systems/razer-edge-pro
    Taenebrae, Daemonsoul, Daemoneyes and Daemonheart of Argonessen
    Glitzakram - Trade Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Fnordian View Post
    I am pretty sure things like this will only come BtCoA :P

Quote Originally Posted by Daemoneyes View Post
    Not what you asked for but still might fit in.
    http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-systems/razer-edge-pro
    Hehe, that is a pretty wicket tablet and might indeed be interesting for one or the other around here, but it is a bit over the edge I had in mind. Anyway thanks for mentioning this option!

Hi,

If it has 8 gigs of ram its a start to play ddo reliable. After that just trash the graphics and it probably should work.

And I suppose you could blow $1400 or so on a gaming laptop. But come on, ur getting this sorta deflated thing. I mean hell a grand could build a pimped rig from the ground up. Still with the memory there, and maybe a portable ssd, id say pretty much any (well go for at least the amd trinity line) laptop would do it.

But a notebook or a netbook, idk. When it comes to gaming, thinner isn't always better. Unfortunately theirs not much of a market for building your own so ur stuck with whats out there.
    Through avarice, evil smiles; through insanity, it sings.

Quote Originally Posted by Fnordian View Post
    Totally unbound but had low durability and got wasted soon, mostly cause my UMD sucks
    Wyrlax of Orien