Community Member DaggomaticDwarf's Avatar

Default Quiver of Poison BTC Bug

Anyone else have this happen ?

I pulled a QoP EE version a few nights ago, and when I tried to put it in my shared bank it said I could not place BTC items in a shared bank. Now I never , ever equipped the QoP as I have a EH version on.

I "bugged it" and now am just waiting for the "Sorry we cant help you Blah Blah email"

This poor toon has issues with items form time to time, I currently have a ring ,that the Lost n Found returned to me stuck in my mail that will not detach ( failure to detach item message).
    If A Dwarf falls in the forest does he make a sound? YES! Ah Gawd Dang Sons of a *BEEP*
    Guild leader of the "Order of the Never Empty Mug"-Khyber Server-Varda, Daggummet, Xotika, Angelheart, Annaleeza, Keirza, Gearszin, Iluvatar, Sindeamon, and Pippsqueek

Community Member

Did you logout/DC before you tried to put it in the shared bank? If so, there is an old bug that makes it bind on logout/login.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by DaggomaticDwarf View Post
    Anyone else have this happen ?

I pulled a QoP EE version a few nights ago, and when I tried to put it in my shared bank it said I could not place BTC items in a shared bank. Now I never , ever equipped the QoP as I have a EH version on.

I "bugged it" and now am just waiting for the "Sorry we cant help you Blah Blah email"

This poor toon has issues with items form time to time, I currently have a ring ,that the Lost n Found returned to me stuck in my mail that will not detach ( failure to detach item message).
    This is a known bug (and reported in the known bug list) that when you remove the poison quiver from your shared bank it immediately becomes BTC.

I don't know if the GM's will help, but for 3 shards you can transfer it to the correct toon. Post it in the ASAH with a 4 shard buyout, then quickly (before anyone else buys it, this is the pitfall) switch toons and buy it out with the correct toon. It will require 1 shard to post and 4 shards to buy out, but you will then get 2 back as the "winnings after fees".

This does sound kind of like Goodwill commercial where some guy donates everything he owns, they gets a great deal when he buys it back.

Default Need another "Work around"

If this is a known issue maybe we should get an alter that for a few AS we can remove the bound to char tag, but only for items that were bound on equip before wouldn't want it on a bound on looting item.

either way sounds like Im SoL on this one
    If A Dwarf falls in the forest does he make a sound? YES! Ah Gawd Dang Sons of a *BEEP*
    Guild leader of the "Order of the Never Empty Mug"-Khyber Server-Varda, Daggummet, Xotika, Angelheart, Annaleeza, Keirza, Gearszin, Iluvatar, Sindeamon, and Pippsqueek

Hero

Quote Originally Posted by DaggomaticDwarf View Post
    If this is a known issue maybe we should get an alter that for a few AS we can remove the bound to char tag, but only for items that were bound on equip before wouldn't want it on a bound on looting item.

either way sounds like Im SoL on this one
    You can craft BTA Cannith Arrows, put them in the quiver and it will change to BTA, at least it did for me a while ago. Not sure if it still works.

Default wiki says

http://ddowiki.com/page/Quiver_of_Poison

found on the wiki page

thx for tip WargamerIV I was gunna ASAH it anyway , not to savy with ASAH wasn't sure if I could once it had BTC tag

+1 for your troubles eh

Traveler of the Skies Frogger1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by beta1 View Post
    This is a known bug (and reported in the known bug list) that when you remove the poison quiver from your shared bank it immediately becomes BTC.
    Though this is a known bug, it is not documented in the Official Known Issues List. It is referenced in the DDOWiki Bugs Page only as a link to the Quiver of Poison page. The only place the bug is actually explained is the Quiver of Poison page - and here in the Forums when yet another person gets bit by the bug.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drwaz99 View Post
    You can craft BTA Cannith Arrows, put them in the quiver and it will change to BTA, at least it did for me a while ago. Not sure if it still works.
    It does still work, i did this the other day with my wrongly bound QoP.