Default Silver/Cold Iron Gen Loot Bow

OK First question is can gen loot bow come in silver or cold iron or is it just the arrows? and if so I would be looking for one with a red slot on Khyber under the name Spydraxis. Thanks.

The sleeper has awakened

Krakonos The Ancient One Guild leader of Guardians of the Game Khyber

KrakenHeads(L20 WF THF) Ftr, KrakenSkulzz(L20 WF TWF), KrakenKills(L24 Drow Assisin), Spydraxis, KrakenSouls(L25 Human Fvs), KrakenHealz(L24 Human Cleric), KrakenTunes(L18 Drow Bard/Crafter A150/D150/E150)

There's a Khyber Marketplace thread you could post this in.
    Keep on rollin'.

Community Member TheNameIwasntB4's Avatar

hmmmm, don't recall ever seeing a silver bow, silver crossbow, silver repeater, or silver great crossbow. I have seen darkwood bows.

There is the Silver Bow from Church and the Cult.
    April 2013 - Manager Meeting - New Forums, WOW!! We just had over 90% new players join!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mahalko128 View Post
    There's a Khyber Marketplace thread you could post this in.
    wow how helpfull forum police!!!

The sleeper has awakened

Krakonos The Ancient One Guild leader of Guardians of the Game Khyber

KrakenHeads(L20 WF THF) Ftr, KrakenSkulzz(L20 WF TWF), KrakenKills(L24 Drow Assisin), Spydraxis, KrakenSouls(L25 Human Fvs), KrakenHealz(L24 Human Cleric), KrakenTunes(L18 Drow Bard/Crafter A150/D150/E150)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheNameIwasntB4 View Post
    hmmmm, don't recall ever seeing a silver bow, silver crossbow, silver repeater, or silver great crossbow. I have seen darkwood bows.

There is the Silver Bow from Church and the Cult.
    Which isn't actually silver from memory, just called that Though the new version does have a red augment so you could slot a silver augment in it.

But to answer original question - I don't believe loot gen weapons have a material other than versions of wood, though obviously they can come with metalline on it now that it has been restored to the loot table though as this takes up one of the enhancements it will reduce the damage available on the bow.

Community Member

Hmmm actually looking at my old version - it is actually made of silver according to material description, but it doesn't bypass silver, just good (as it has holy) and magic.

Quote Originally Posted by CeltEireson View Post
    Which isn't actually silver from memory, just called that Though the new version does have a red augment so you could slot a silver augment in it.
    Stuck one of those Vampire Rubys from Mabar in mine Holy+Silver+Light Dmg ftw

Quote Originally Posted by CeltEireson View Post
    But to answer original question - I don't believe loot gen weapons have a material other than versions of wood, though obviously they can come with metalline on it now that it has been restored to the loot table though as this takes up one of the enhancements it will reduce the damage available on the bow.
    Correct, Pulled a Shock of Metaline Transmutation w/a Red Slot on Thelanis. Haven't figured out what to slot with yet (maybe Devotion?) and Holy arrows for DR breaking.
    Now excuse me while I wander off to arm myself with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and hunker down behind my Armored Beer Refrigerator, while I have the UFO's take control of the Congresional Wives with the help of the International Cocaine Smugglers and the Evil Geniuses for a Better Tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by Devilteck View Post
    wow how helpfull forum police!!!
    Thank you, I try where I can!
    Keep on rollin'.

Community Member Phaeton_Seraph's Avatar

No random gen.

But there's a longbow similar to the silver slinger, which also comes from the LoD/Spinner chain.

Otherwise, you need the arrows, a red augment, or an Artie to buff you with the metal type.

Community Member

Outside of named bows and crossbows, there are no metallic ones.

There are Red Augments that now pop up on randomly generated bows and crossbows. By slotting them with the proper metallic augments, you get the effect you seek, but Silver and Cold Iron augments make the Bow level 16.

If you are an Arcane Archer, you can imbue your bow with Metalline Arrows with the level 6 Core Abilities.

If you are an Artificer, you get spells that can make weapons Silver or Cold Iron.

If all of those things are not to your liking, you have to go old school and buy the metallic Arrows and Bolts. Getting a Silver Bow and buying DR breaking arrows was pretty much the way ranged players had to do for 7 years, and it hasn't changed any. But the Augment slot, AA and Arti have made things a bit better for ranged players.