Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    But its not impossible to avoid. Simply reply to what is posted rather than interpreting the post in any way shape or form. Read objectively and reply objectively. Not only is it not impossible, its quite easy to do. If they do not, and continue with the same personal rant they go off on in a plethora of other threads, they are bringing previous disagreements into current threads.
    If you do not interpret the post, you cant reply either. The text is always subject to interpretation, since no two minds think alike. Just like you take things personal, even when its not, since it often is. Believing that you can dissect a text without any personal bias is, in my opinion, the best way to add it permanently.
    Dystopia = utopia achieved

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mystera View Post
    Festival Icy Burst does NOT add to ML, I have tons of weapons that prove that. You missed what happened...the ML was increased ONLY for those that had the original Icy Burst added to weapons from the first games three years ago. This is different than items with Festival Icy Burst that were crafted over the past two years. Items with Festival Icy Burst did NOT have the ML increase. So if you add Festival Icy Burst this year you will NOT have you ML increase.

I agree that adding new augments to Risia would make it even cooler (icy depths, freezing ice, cold iron + cold damage, etc.).
    Yeah - since it only shafted some people, who cares? Bet something else gets screwed up, though.
    Personally, I just don't bother with the borked events anymore, since they are just excuses to sell more junk, and one clearly can't even count on keeping what you earn.

Quote Originally Posted by bartharok View Post
    If you do not interpret the post, you cant reply either. The text is always subject to interpretation, since no two minds think alike. Just like you take things personal, even when its not, since it often is. Believing that you can dissect a text without any personal bias is, in my opinion, the best way to add it permanently.
    This is incorrect. Simply address and reply to the post, and leave all the personal shenanigans out of the post that occur when addressing and replying to the poster. Read objectively rather than adding subjective biased opinion based on previous disagreements to it, and then it can be replied to objectively as well.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

This is incorrect. Simply address and reply to the post, and leave all the personal shenanigans out of the post that occur when addressing and replying to the poster. Read objectively rather than adding subjective biased opinion based on previous disagreements to it, and then it can be replied to objectively as well.
    If it is so simple, why are even you unable to do so? You have been refuted on the grounds of being chai, so you react as if everybody is out to do so (to exaggerate a bit).

If it is so simple, why are even you unable to do so? You have been refuted on the grounds of being chai, so you react as if everybody is out to do so (to exaggerate a bit).
    Everybody? try the same few people, and when turbine tires of it and attempts to make it so it cannot happen, new sock puppet accounts appear and continue where the other left off.

Everyone else is perfectly capable of objective discussion.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

Everybody? try the same few people, and when turbine tires of it and attempts to make it so it cannot happen, new sock puppet accounts appear and continue where the other left off.

Everyone else is perfectly capable of objective discussion.
    I, as you should know am no sockpuppet, but even i have noticed that p2w IS your favorite subject. You have railed at me for personal rants that have never existed. Thus I claim that your objectivity is flawed. But since it is subjective to your judgement, its not surprising that you believe it to be pure.

NOBODY can be completely objective, since the subject lives in everybody.

I wondered how this thread got so long.

Quote Originally Posted by FestusHood View Post
    Happier now that you know?

I, as you should know am no sockpuppet, but even i have noticed that p2w IS your favorite subject. You have railed at me for personal rants that have never existed. Thus I claim that your objectivity is flawed. But since it is subjective to your judgement, its not surprising that you believe it to be pure.
    I have pointed out posts that contain nothing more than you quoting me and making personal remarks rather than addressing anything quoted, which negates the purpose of quoting the text not being addressed in the first place. Any objective reader will see this. My objectivity is sound in pointing this out. p2w is not my favorite subject. It is the favorite subject of those who are so desperate to disagree with me on the topic that they feel the need to accuse me of talking about it when I am not. They way this discussion started is a perfectly sound example of this.

NOBODY can be completely objective, since the subject lives in everybody.
    Incorrect. Its quite easy to read and address posts objectively, and control ones own posting habits. Responding to text of a particular topic in relation to the game with accusations of personal flaws is very easy not to do. The fact that most people are capable of doing this supports what I am saying, and the fact that the same few people cannot (more like WILL NOT) do so is not really supporting your absolute take that "nobody" can do it. Most have demonstrated they can. The ones who refuse to do so have a personal grudge due to previous disagreements.
    Last edited by Chai; 12-29-2013 at 10:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FestusHood View Post
    Aww come on. He's one of our most beloved forums nut jobs.

Main: 18 Artificer, Thelanis

I have pointed out posts that contain nothing more than you quoting me and making personal remarks rather than addressing anything quoted, which negates the purpose of quoting the text not being addressed in the first place. Any objective reader will see this. My objectivity is sound in pointing this out. p2w is not my favorite subject. It is the favorite subject of those who are so desperate to disagree with me on the topic that they feel the need to accuse me of talking about it when I am not. They way this discussion started is a perfectly sound example of this.

Incorrect. Its quite easy to read and address posts objectively, and control ones own posting habits. Responding to text of a particular topic in relation to the game with accusations of personal flaws is very easy not to do. The fact that most people are capable of doing this supports what I am saying, and the fact that the same few people cannot (more like WILL NOT) do so is not really supporting your absolute take that "nobody" can do it. Most have demonstrated they can. The ones who refuse to do so have a personal grudge due to previous disagreements.
    HAving come to the conclusion that you are incorrigible, i will bow out of the discussion.

2014 DDO Players Council
    Alt-pletionist

HAving come to the conclusion that you are incorrigible, i will bow out of the discussion.
    I didn't coin the phrase "chai'ed all over the thread" someone else did that. But I think it's apt here. No doubt he will consider this "personal shenanigans" as opposed to what it is: an reasonable characterization of what happens to threads where he makes such comments.

How he expects ANYONE to believe "bought monk, bought FvS, bought Iconics" is anything but a "p2w" remark given his monomania on the subject I can't fathom...

So Hey Chai? You gonna put this in your sig line: "HAving come to the conclusion that you are incorrigible, i will bow out of the discussion" seems only fair... just put it right there under the part where he agrees with you.

Here I'll hook it up for you:
    You have defined what you mean by p2w many times, but they will still see it to mean only what they wish it to mean. Why? Because if they accepted your definition they would actually have to find counterarguments. As ive said before its personal to them.
    -a year ago
    - a year later
    Last edited by IronClan; 12-29-2013 at 08:47 PM.
    You guys filibustering a new mode have already succeeded in scaring the Dev's into not doing it the right way and re-scaling the existing settings, why in the world are you still filibustering? Drunk on your success? Schadenfreude? Spitefulness?

Community Member moomooprincess's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Saekee View Post
    I confess that I was lousy at the ice jumping, even with the skates, but there are players that farm the coins and then sell Icy burst kits. I hope they do it again...
    Saekee, you can count on it.
    Recipemaker Guild: Top Chef School of Recipes

Event Statistics: Risia, Festivult, Midwinter, Daily Dice, Mimic Hunt

Quote Originally Posted by IronClan View Post
    I didn't coin the phrase "chai'ed all over the thread" someone else did that. But I think it's apt here. No doubt he will consider this "personal shenanigans" as opposed to what it is: an reasonable characterization of what happens to threads where he makes such comments.
    You mean, where YOU made such comments. I didnt start carrying on about it, you did.

How he expects ANYONE to believe "bought monk, bought FvS, bought Iconics" is anything but a "p2w" remark given his monomania on the subject I can't fathom...
    Its simply based on your own bias when you read my posts that you think it is all about the same subject. Trust me, if i wanted it to be about p2w I would have talked about it shamelessly, not hid behind other terminology like those who disagree with me tend to do.

So Hey Chai? You gonna put this in your sig line: "HAving come to the conclusion that you are incorrigible, i will bow out of the discussion" seems only fair... just put it right there under the part where he agrees with you.
    People who agree 100% of the time, biased.
    People who disagree 100% of the time, biased.
    People who agree some of the time, and disagree other times, reasonable.

He wasnt necessarily agreeing or disagreeing in my sig, he was making a correct statement about why people who support p2w carry on about the definition of it for 30 pages per thread over years of time rather than discuss the topic - they would actually have to come up with counter arguments, its personal to them.

Welcome to reality.
    Last edited by Chai; 12-30-2013 at 01:58 PM.

Community Member

What the heck happened to this thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Circon View Post
    What the heck happened to this thread?
    Egomania an the desperate need to have the last word.

Main: 18 Artificer, Thelanis

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123