Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Community Member

Default Will the the Risia Ice Jump be returning this winter?

Sitting near cap with the phiarlan pendant on a caster with Jump, Haste, and Wind Dance.
    Wondering whether to TR or hold out a bit for the ice coins.

Any word on whether the ice coin jumps will be back end 2013/start 2014?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Circon View Post
    Sitting near cap with the phiarlan pendant on a caster with Jump, Haste, and Wind Dance.
    Wondering whether to TR or hold out a bit for the ice coins.

Any word on whether the ice coin jumps will be back end 2013/start 2014?
    They are usually in January, I've heard nothing to say they won't come back.

If they didn't come back, I sure wouldn't miss em.

No words.

They like to keep us in the dark about when this will start.

It seems like only a very very few ppl like this event,
    but most of them dont want it at the same time as Festivult,
    which is not an event IMO.

So,dont expect it before January 12TH 2014.
    Last edited by LarryBouleDingue; 12-24-2013 at 04:30 PM.

Community Member moomooprincess's Avatar

Risia Ice Games came about because of the Winter Olympics.

Since 2014 is a Winter Olympic year, I sure hope the Risia Ice Games come back and don't go the way of the Traveller's Egg Hunt.
    Recipemaker Guild: Top Chef School of Recipes

Event Statistics: Risia, Festivult, Midwinter, Daily Dice, Mimic Hunt

Risia Ice games started on January 7, 2013 at 10:05 AM EST .

The day after Festivult Coins quit dropping.

Quote Originally Posted by moomooprincess View Post
    Risia Ice Games came about because of the Winter Olympics.

Since 2014 is a Winter Olympic year, I sure hope the Risia Ice Games come back and don't go the way of the Traveller's Egg Hunt.
    Since the 3 new cookies can all be bought with winter motes, it would suck if you could only get risia motes from Eveningstar skating.

Quote Originally Posted by FestusHood View Post
    Since the 3 new cookies can all be bought with winter motes, it would suck if you could only get risia motes from Eveningstar skating.
    Since I understand the Eveningstar Skating now, I am ready to gather statistics for it.

No matter what, I am looking forward to seeing if we have Risia and Eveningstar Skating in 2014. I sure hope we do.

Risia usually begins during the last week of Festivult coins dropping, or just after Festivult coins stop dropping. Figure just after the New Year on the Western calendar.
    Once upon a time, I was part of a team, and we saved some children. What have you done with your life?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arnhelm View Post
    Risia usually begins during the last week of Festivult coins dropping, or just after Festivult coins stop dropping. Figure just after the New Year on the Western calendar.
    ^ This. Usually the coins stop dropping and players are no longer able to get new Cookies. This means that Sticks to make wands are no longer available and only players who kept the stick are able to make ice wands or sell/trade/give the sticks to players who want to make the wand. It's been like that every year I've played the game.

Quote Originally Posted by oradafu View Post
    ^ This. Usually the coins stop dropping and players are no longer able to get new Cookies. This means that Sticks to make wands are no longer available and only players who kept the stick are able to make ice wands or sell/trade/give the sticks to players who want to make the wand. It's been like that every year I've played the game.
    Always thought it was a dumb game mechanic that they bury you in twigs and coal on week and then the next week noobs who did not remember, know or failed to save any are at the mercy of the AH. Also thought the game mechanic that separates classes by those who can soar in the ice games and those who really should not bother was lame.

Bloomington, IL (wish it were Pittsburgh)

Default What about the portal in the Hall of Heros?

Did anyone see the Portals in the Hall of Heros?

There are 3: one with a pumpkin over it, one with Jolly Roger, and one with an Ice Game coin over it,... Im guessing this will be where we go for these new seasonal events..??

Founder

Quote Originally Posted by Scuddy View Post
    Always thought it was a dumb game mechanic that they bury you in twigs and coal on week and then the next week noobs who did not remember, know or failed to save any are at the mercy of the AH. Also thought the game mechanic that separates classes by those who can soar in the ice games and those who really should not bother was lame.
    ^this

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by mjknehr View Post
    Did anyone see the Portals in the Hall of Heros?

There are 3: one with a pumpkin over it, one with Jolly Roger, and one with an Ice Game coin over it,... Im guessing this will be where we go for these new seasonal events..??
    Interesting. Sure looking forward to the risia games, not because I will compete in all the events, but more because I have a bunch of weapons I want to put icy burst on.

If Icy Burst adds to min level, I probably won't participate.

If they give us some way of crafting Cold augments, I may consider it.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralDiomedes View Post
    If Icy Burst adds to min level, I probably won't participate.

If they give us some way of crafting Cold augments, I may consider it.
    Festival Icy Burst does NOT add to ML, I have tons of weapons that prove that. You missed what happened...the ML was increased ONLY for those that had the original Icy Burst added to weapons from the first games three years ago. This is different than items with Festival Icy Burst that were crafted over the past two years. Items with Festival Icy Burst did NOT have the ML increase. So if you add Festival Icy Burst this year you will NOT have you ML increase.

I agree that adding new augments to Risia would make it even cooler (icy depths, freezing ice, cold iron + cold damage, etc.).
    Last edited by Mystera; 12-27-2013 at 12:06 PM.

Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council

I hope not but they will likely be here next month

Beware the Sleepeater

Community Member

Always thought it was a dumb game mechanic that they bury you in twigs and coal on week and then the next week noobs who did not remember, know or failed to save any are at the mercy of the AH.
    Or, they could get twigs and coal by turning in Ice Game coins and thus avoid being at the mercy of the AH.

Also thought the game mechanic that separates classes by those who can soar in the ice games and those who really should not bother was lame.
    Or they can roll up a level one sorcerer so they can get to the purple coin with practice and can harvest all the blues and whites they have time for.

I would remind any frustraited Ice jumpers that You only need a level 5 Sorc to participate in the jumps this year... Wind Dance is a tier 5 Air savant ability. Also since you can take a Vet 7 toon now and make a "ice jumper" farming toon (or Vet 4 and level once) you should remember:

jump skill
    Balance skill helps you get up MUCH faster
    Icy Jump pots from turning in coins
    5 levels of Sorc
    12 levels of Monk + Kensei enhancement Ki regen + Ocean stance (+2 Ki passive regen)
    17 levels of FvS
    Angel ED

So anyone who complains about making the jumps is a total n00b

Quote Originally Posted by IronClan View Post
    I would remind any frustraited Ice jumpers that You only need a level 5 Sorc to participate in the jumps this year... Wind Dance is a tier 5 Air savant ability. Also since you can take a Vet 7 toon now and make a "ice jumper" farming toon (or Vet 4 and level once) you should remember:
    Requires 12 character levels, on a build with 5 sorc levels. You either bought iconics, bought fvs or bought monk to be optimal ice jumping if you are cranking out a toon you don't intend to play the game with just to farm coins.
    Last edited by Chai; 12-28-2013 at 03:14 PM.

Community Member

All you need to get the purple coin via the ice ramps is Expeditious Retreat and a Jump of 22. And practice, of course.

So even a first-life, 28pt build can do it:

Make a level one Sorcerer (for Expeditious Retreat and Jump spells), max strength (because it is the stat that affects your jump score) and put as many points into Jump as possible. Get an item that increases your Jump score. Get Heroism clickies or potions. Select a Feat that enhances your Jump score. Then practice and enjoy.

It is easier with a higher Jump. There are 3 ways (that I know of) for a level 1 character to get a +30 jump buff:
    1) ask for it. Most of the jumpers will be happy to help. Some will buff you without you even asking.
    2) Icy Potion of Jumping. These can be obtained through jumping for blues. A character like this one should be able to do that with no problem.
    3) That cookie that gives a +30 jump buff. It can't be used in public, so step into the Waterworks. You'll still be buffed when you step out.

If you have Iconics or Veteran status this becomes even easier.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast