Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 27
  1. #1
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    220

    Default Not very Christmasy around here

    Like us on facebook and get a free GCube companion.
    Oh yeah and release all of your info to some 3rd party company. No thanks.

    Free point codes hidden in jester posts....all gotten by the same 3-4 people constantly refreshing a page. Bleh.

    Better off just playing anyway, but something for everyone without a big privacy violation would've been nice.
    How much Ghost could a Ghostbane Bane if a Ghostbane could Bane Ghost?

  2. #2
    Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council
    Krelar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    3,741

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ghoulstorm View Post
    Better off just playing anyway, but something for everyone without a big privacy violation would've been nice.
    Something like this?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Thank you for being a part of the DDO community in 2013! Let's hand out some Turbine Points the old fashioned way - a random drawing! Please reply to this thread with the phrase:

    Happy whatever! Give me Turbine Points!

    We'll pick ten random winners to get 500 Turbine Point cards sometime after Noon Eastern on Thursday, December 26th - you have until then to enter. Good luck!

  3. #3
    Community Member kmoustakas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    1,215

    Default

    Out of curiosity, isn't there a way to stop someone accessing your data on fb AFTER you've allowed them to?
    OkarisRage, artificer master crafter
    Caldrick, mabar cleric - soon to become a mabar paladin
    Noellal, spellsinger loremistress
    Comprehensive list of cormyrean attributes

  4. #4
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,120

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Krelar View Post
    Something like this?
    Wow, so many people repeat the same silly phrase like parrots, for a chance at 500 tps... Anything more creative and less boring?...
    Last edited by Grecan; 12-24-2013 at 03:51 PM.
    If i haven't responded to your post, it doesn't necessarily mean that i don't have counter-arguments, it might simply mean that i don't want to keep feeding the trolls.
    Plastic People
    Hey! Hey!

  5. #5
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    913

    Default

    dssdsadjadojLK!???!!?

    Alug8g4?

    y76b.

    You're welcome.

  6. #6
    The Hatchery Fefnir_2011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Ohio, USA
    Posts
    703

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grecan View Post
    Wow, so many people repeat the same silly phrase like parrots, for a chance at 500 tps... Anything more creative and less boring?...
    Go spend some time with your family instead of being a grinch.
    Honkin * Diaari * Bazongas


  7. #7
    Community Member moomooprincess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    3,003

    Default

    Keep it up whiners. If enough people complain, maybe Turbine will stop all giveaways. The already stopped one because of the people who want cheese.

    Merry Christmas to the non-whiners who wear big boy pants.
    Recipemaker Guild: Top Chef School of Recipes

    Event Statistics: Risia, Festivult, Midwinter, Daily Dice, Mimic Hunt

  8. #8
    Bwest Fwiends Memnir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    ¿
    Posts
    16,601

    Default

    53461

  9. #9
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,120

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fefnir_2011 View Post
    Go spend some time with your family instead of being a grinch.
    If you don't see people on that thread repeating a silly phrase like parrots, if you think that saying this makes me a grinch, and if you think you know if i'm spending time with my family or not, you have a problem.


    Btw, Biblical evidence shows Jesus Christ wasn't born on Dec. 25 :P

    (you can call me a grinch now ;D)
    Last edited by Grecan; 12-24-2013 at 05:39 PM.
    If i haven't responded to your post, it doesn't necessarily mean that i don't have counter-arguments, it might simply mean that i don't want to keep feeding the trolls.
    Plastic People
    Hey! Hey!

  10. #10
    Community Member kmoustakas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    1,215

    Default

    Yes, yes... feed the troll...

    /popcorn
    OkarisRage, artificer master crafter
    Caldrick, mabar cleric - soon to become a mabar paladin
    Noellal, spellsinger loremistress
    Comprehensive list of cormyrean attributes

  11. #11
    Community Member tkscience's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    That little French speaking bit in Switzerland
    Posts
    150

    Default

    This is why we can't have nice things.

    Why are people complaining about free giveaways? You don't have to get the cosmetic item by liking on facebook. The point codes are nice though, and now people are complaining about posting on a thread for a draw?
    Let's be honest: you don't care who my alts are.
    I'm still raising the bar on gimpness one day at a time.

  12. #12
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,120

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tkscience View Post
    <snip> and now people are complaining about posting on a thread for a draw?
    What i expressed my dislike about is having to parrot a silly phrase in order to enter the draw.

    I find that phrase silly, do you have a problem with that?
    I dislike parroting, do you have a problem with that?
    I dislike boring stuff, do you have a problem with that?
    I like more creative things, do you have a problem with that?
    I like to express my opinion, do you have a problem with that?

    Well, guess what, i have the right to do that!
    And you have the right to express your opinion and complain about what i post, too!

    You have the right to enter that draw, my opinion doesn't stop you from doing that.
    No-one can stop you from misinterpreting what another poster says, too, though i'd prefer no-one did that.


    No-one has the right to insult, offend, and flame other posters though (not saying that you did that, but this happens regularly in the forums).
    If i haven't responded to your post, it doesn't necessarily mean that i don't have counter-arguments, it might simply mean that i don't want to keep feeding the trolls.
    Plastic People
    Hey! Hey!

  13. #13
    Community Member Cegorach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    44

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grecan View Post
    No-one has the right to insult, offend, and flame other posters though (not saying that you did that, but this happens regularly in the forums).
    What, you mean insult like comparing them with parrots?

  14. #14
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,120

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cegorach View Post
    What, you mean insult like comparing them with parrots?
    My intention was to critisize the un-creative procedure of having to repeat a silly(imo) phrase in order to get a chance to win some tps, not anyone who did repeat that phrase, and if i offended any of them, i apologise.

    What i said was much more an observation of a fact than an insult. If anyone is feeling insulted by that, they should be offended by whoever requires them to act like that (in order to participate), and not the one who points out the truth (imo).

    And if your post i quoted represents what you believe is the worst insult in this thread (let's not take into account the entire DDO forums), i just have to facepalm... :/
    If i haven't responded to your post, it doesn't necessarily mean that i don't have counter-arguments, it might simply mean that i don't want to keep feeding the trolls.
    Plastic People
    Hey! Hey!

  15. #15
    Hero Silken-Akira's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Duffel, Belgium
    Posts
    312

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grecan View Post
    If you don't see people on that thread repeating a silly phrase like parrots, if you think that saying this makes me a grinch, and if you think you know if i'm spending time with my family or not, you have a problem.


    Btw, Biblical evidence shows Jesus Christ wasn't born on Dec. 25 :P

    (you can call me a grinch now ;D)
    Although I did find you on the jester thread a whining too much and react afterwards a bit over it when you got comment on that.
    I have to agree with this on with you. I did find it a bit of pity that replies weren't more original and Christmas-like.

    2 extra's:
    1.I also agree that say something that is well-thought over and don't give in afterwards straight away. So not saying I will retract me response to some that whatever they said was childish, but I guess especially on media like this it is easy to get a bit childish.
    2.Jesus Christ wasn't even white. Please redo most of those religious work of art and give him a slight brown wash-over

  16. #16
    Community Member xXbikergirlXx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Looking for chocolate....
    Posts
    585

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grecan View Post
    Wow, so many people repeat the same silly phrase like parrots, for a chance at 500 tps... Anything more creative and less boring?...


    Parrots are beautiful.....
    Personally I don't mind being compared to one.....
    They are very clever too
    Never underestimate the power of Chocolate!
    Spiritfires, Spiritryder, Spiritbasher, Spirittanker, Spiritlite and Spiritwarper
    House Xorlarrin Sarlona

  17. #17
    Community Member tkscience's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    That little French speaking bit in Switzerland
    Posts
    150

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grecan View Post
    What i expressed my dislike about is having to parrot a silly phrase in order to enter the draw.

    I find that phrase silly, do you have a problem with that?
    I dislike parroting, do you have a problem with that?
    I dislike boring stuff, do you have a problem with that?
    I like more creative things, do you have a problem with that?
    I like to express my opinion, do you have a problem with that?

    Well, guess what, i have the right to do that!
    And you have the right to express your opinion and complain about what i post, too!

    You have the right to enter that draw, my opinion doesn't stop you from doing that.
    No-one can stop you from misinterpreting what another poster says, too, though i'd prefer no-one did that.


    No-one has the right to insult, offend, and flame other posters though (not saying that you did that, but this happens regularly in the forums).
    Now that our respective rights have been well sorted out, I'm curious about what in particular got your underwear so knotted to get onto this particular line of reasoning.
    Last edited by tkscience; 12-26-2013 at 07:15 AM.
    Let's be honest: you don't care who my alts are.
    I'm still raising the bar on gimpness one day at a time.

  18. #18
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,120

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xXbikergirlXx View Post


    Parrots are beautiful.....
    Personally I don't mind being compared to one.....
    They are very clever too
    I like parrots, too, like most animals :-)

    Humans can be far worse (in many ways) than most of them (although maybe i should point-out that humans are animals, too... :-D)



    Quote Originally Posted by tkscience View Post
    Now that our respective rights have been well sorted out, I'm curious about what in particular got your underwear so knotted to get onto this particular line of reasoning.
    You need even more explanations? o.O
    Last edited by Grecan; 12-26-2013 at 07:19 AM.
    If i haven't responded to your post, it doesn't necessarily mean that i don't have counter-arguments, it might simply mean that i don't want to keep feeding the trolls.
    Plastic People
    Hey! Hey!

  19. #19
    Community Member tkscience's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    That little French speaking bit in Switzerland
    Posts
    150

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grecan View Post
    You need even more explanations? o.O
    Sure, more statements of the obvious in a condescending tone is always fun.
    Let's be honest: you don't care who my alts are.
    I'm still raising the bar on gimpness one day at a time.

  20. #20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grecan View Post
    My intention was to critisize the un-creative procedure of having to repeat a silly(imo) phrase in order to get a chance to win some tps, not anyone who did repeat that phrase, and if i offended any of them, i apologise.

    What i said was much more an observation of a fact than an insult. If anyone is feeling insulted by that, they should be offended by whoever requires them to act like that (in order to participate), and not the one who points out the truth (imo).

    And if your post i quoted represents what you believe is the worst insult in this thread (let's not take into account the entire DDO forums), i just have to facepalm... :/
    It's a draw

    By its very nature it's pointless to be 'creative'. Not to say you're wrong but people whining about free stuff feels kind of...like sour grapes. It's possible it can be done differently but I just can't muster up a lot of rage over something that's free and require a minimum effort to partake in.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload