Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Community Member

Default Jester ramblings

What is the Jester talking about?

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...trange-acronym!
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...rific-Pancakes!

And why isn't he making this more clear to everyone?

And why did he close those threads, i could have asked this question there instead of opening a new one...
    If i haven't responded to your post, it doesn't necessarily mean that i don't have counter-arguments, it might simply mean that i don't want to keep feeding the trolls.
    Plastic People
    Hey! Hey!

It seems like some kind of code
    Quote Originally Posted by Serudio View Post
    "March 2013! 10 new packs! 25 new pets! Draw your own armor kit! Nothing working! Coming soon!"

solve the code for free stuff in the store
    Dystopia = utopia achieved

Community Member

In case they think this is a way to give Christmas joy to players, i'll tell you what it made me feel:

a) Confusion, cause i didn't understand
    b) Disappointment, cause none of those codes worked for me, either in DDO store or at myaccount
    c) Sadness because of a and b

So i just decided to not spend the money i intended to on buying extra TPs.

:P
    If i haven't responded to your post, it doesn't necessarily mean that i don't have counter-arguments, it might simply mean that i don't want to keep feeding the trolls.
    Plastic People
    Hey! Hey!

Quote Originally Posted by Grecan View Post
    In case they think this is a way to give Christmas joy to players, i'll tell you what it made me feel:

a) Confusion, cause i didn't understand
    b) Disappointment, cause none of those codes worked for me, either in DDO store or at myaccount
    c) Sadness because of a and b

So i just decided to not spend the money i intended to on buying extra TPs.

:P
    One person/code. No need to feel sad, disappointed or confused.

just to spare some grief for those who read this maybe...
    But I just read it is just for the first one who sees it and redeems the code in myaccount.
    then it is invalid.
    If this is untrue then do please correct me.

Quote Originally Posted by Silken-Akira View Post
    just to spare some grief for those who read this maybe...
    But I just read it is just for the first one who sees it and redeems the code in myaccount.
    then it is invalid.
    If this is untrue then do please correct me.
    this seems to be true

In the past people seemed to enjoy this surreptitious way by the community team to spread some holiday cheer, and we'd seen some comments recently asking for it to return. However, since this is now the third thread expressing anger, frustration and disappointment in this effort, we will bring it to a close. Happy holidays, and we hope at least some of you enjoyed it!
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    In the past people seemed to enjoy this surreptitious way by the community team to spread some holiday cheer, and we'd seen some comments recently asking for it to return. However, since this is now the third thread expressing anger, frustration and disappointment in this effort, we will bring it to a close. Happy holidays, and we hope at least some of you enjoyed it!
    Well I remember that you were giving tp coupons that worked for everyone (think it was around 250 tp sometimes higher). Haven't seen one in a while so I was thinking that this works the same way.

Anyways gratz to everyone who got free tps

Community Member

I for one had a lot of fun attempting to find the hidden codes and hoping beyond hope to score. It was a blast. I'm saddened that a vocal few whiners, complainers, and grinches ruined it for everyone. Thank you to the Jester and all those at Turbine attempting to spread a little fun and cheer to the rest of us. If you ever decide to resume with the good tidings I hope I know about it, so I can celebrate with you. Regardless, Merry Festivult to everyone, and to everyone a good night!

Sadly, I do understand this action. while I I didn't have any issues myself with this, It is getting more and more common on forums we exaggerate how we feel due to one thing or another (I do catch myself sometimes too when reading some posts)

I still want to thank you for this give-away. And hope this will remind some of us to be a little more humble and respectful to each other.

Community Member

One more way of showing how poorly your company manages customer relations.

Happy holidays, my posterior!
    Last edited by Grecan; 12-24-2013 at 08:23 AM.
    Plastic People
    Hey! Hey!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by bartharok View Post
    One person/code. No need to feel sad, disappointed or confused.
    I feel less confused and sad after your explanations (thank you, btw, but you have to admit it's not your job to do that, but Jester's and CR people's).

What i certainly don't need, is to buy more TPs!

I feel more disappointed and angry after Cordovan's post, cause instead of changing the way they gave out free codes for the better, they change it for the worse by just removing it... Way to go! :P
    Last edited by Grecan; 12-24-2013 at 08:21 AM.
    Plastic People
    Hey! Hey!

Community Member

I feel less confused and sad after your explanations (thank you, btw, but you have to admit it's not your job to do that, but Jester's and CR people's)

I feel more disappointed and angry after Cordovan's post, cause instead of changing the way they gave out free codes for the better, they change it for the worse by just removing it... Way to go! :P
    The point of the whole thing is to spread some cheer and fun. Like getting a scratch ticket and enjoying the scratching part. It's the day before Christmas, most businesses are closed, and these guys are going out of their way to make things fun and give things away to a lucky few. Its a puzzle, a game... if it was a weekly freebie, it would have been listed there. I find your reaction to this whole thing rather horrid, Grecan. My best suggestion? Step away from the forums and the game and enjoy the holiday season. If this give away was upsetting you so much, just walk away.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Merlock231 View Post
    The point of the whole thing is to spread some cheer and fun. Like getting a scratch ticket and enjoying the scratching part. It's the day before Christmas, most businesses are closed, and these guys are going out of their way to make things fun and give things away to a lucky few. Its a puzzle, a game... if it was a weekly freebie, it would have been listed there. I find your reaction to this whole thing rather horrid, Grecan. My best suggestion? Step away from the forums and the game and enjoy the holiday season. If this give away was upsetting you so much, just walk away.
    O rly?

I'm not changing what i said in the slightest.

If my posts upset you, just walk away.
    Plastic People
    Hey! Hey!

the only thing negative I will say about it is that I didn't know the Jester was giving out codes. ive never heard of the Jester doing it in the past. I found out when someone complained about it yesterday on the forums. had I known I probably would have paid more attention and tried to have a faster reflex than others. too bad its gone now.

Oh... I just had a brilliant new give away idea.
    Make an unexpected "the gringe award" for the worst complainer of the last year.
    Even though I am certain that would be more difficult then making the puzzles codes and such(there are so many complainers to chose from, no doubt), it would be hilarious.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    the only thing negative I will say about it is that I didn't know the Jester was giving out codes. ive never heard of the Jester doing it in the past. I found out when someone complained about it yesterday on the forums. had I known I probably would have paid more attention and tried to have a faster reflex than others. too bad its gone now.
    This was me. I've played for years and only found out about this late last night. Sorry to see it cut short. I'm okay with unannounced promotions though. They reward the dedicated and creative, and drum up business for the forums.

Angry Disappointed

Hi,

really!?

Probably over a thousand people read it and either a.)didn't understand it or b.) found the idea nice and tried the code.

And only because maybe 50 (probably less) stupid Trolls complain because they didn't learn better at home that you take gifts as granted, you shut it down!?

Really disappointed!!

Community Member

O rly?

I'm not changing what i said in the slightest.

If my posts upset you, just walk away.
    Yes, Really.

I'm not asking you to change your opinion, just asking you to be more considerate of people working hard to spread good times and fun to people.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast