Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Community Member

Default Free gelatinous cube pet!

On the DDO Facebook page!

https://www.facebook.com/DDOUnlimite...2730429&rest=1

You like it, and let it share on your page and then enter the code like a product key on your turbine account.

Quote Originally Posted by David2486 View Post

You like it, and let it share on your page and then enter the code like a product key on your turbine account.
    I tried it and it never showed up. Entered the code in my account and everything...where is it?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by shibe View Post
    I tried it and it never showed up. Entered the code in my account and everything...where is it?
    it was in my inventory to then click to learn as a certificate

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

I had to make 3 entire dummy accounts to get my free gelatinous cube pet last spring. Now all I have to do is let Turbine infect my facebook page and I can have another? Where do I sign up for this magnificent offer wall?
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

i have a bunch of toons, I didnt see it...oh well maybe support will find it for me...

Community Member

Get a free pet and people complain. When you put the code in for the pet shibe did you make sure you confirmed it and got the green text that said it was added and you will get it next time you log in after being logged out or however it was worded?

Didn't have a Facebook account before. Won't get one now.
    I am the 'Who' In the call "Who's there!?"
    I am the wind blowing through your hair.
    I am the shadow on the moon at night, filling your dreams to the brim with fright.

Had an empty facebook account used for nothing but getting free stuff from games before. Still have one now.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matuse View Post
    Didn't have a Facebook account before. Won't get one now.
    I didn't like cubes following me around before, and i don't like them now, even if they're free :P

Those companions (in general) seem like unecessary (and sometimes annoying) server-load to me :/
    If i haven't responded to your post, it doesn't necessarily mean that i don't have counter-arguments, it might simply mean that i don't want to keep feeding the trolls.
    Plastic People
    Hey! Hey!

Community Member

I always wanted a cube pet - time to log into my football manager facebook account )
    Zeugen der Dreizehn, Thelanis:
    Makkuroi, chain TR: currently drow pure caster warlock
    PLs: Completionist; 3xWiz, Sor; 2x Pal, Brd, Monk EPLs: 3x CotQ,Brc,DS,EW,EC 1xFH,PLD ; IPLs: 2x BF; 3x PDK, SDK

Regardless of your opinion of the pet, if you are using a legitimate Facebook account, read the terms and conditions of this offer before signing up.

There are some nasty things hidden in those permission settings that affect your privacy and that of your real life friends.
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

Community Member

Just use a dummy facebook account if you're that worried about it.

Failing that, remove offerpop's permissions as soon as you've got the code confirmed.
    Cannith: Yasina, Sarasina, Treyanna, Tresina
    Sarlona: Jatner, Yannow, Justanna

Pirate Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by HungarianRhapsody View Post
    I had to make 3 entire dummy accounts to get my free gelatinous cube pet last spring. Now all I have to do is let Turbine infect my facebook page and I can have another? Where do I sign up for this magnificent offer wall?
    So, do you actually GET a second cube? Or does it just error-out/replace the old cube/vanish into thin air? Mu current cube is named Lunch, I might want to get a Breakfast and perhaps sometime a Dinner :P

Greetz,
    Red Orm

Quote Originally Posted by RedOrm View Post
    So, do you actually GET a second cube? Or does it just error-out/replace the old cube/vanish into thin air? Mu current cube is named Lunch, I might want to get a Breakfast and perhaps sometime a Dinner :P

Greetz,
    Red Orm
    Whether or not they give you a code for a second cube, you can't have more than one yellow cube on the account, so it's not worth risking your facebook account if you've already got one.

Also, I'd rather walk through Target holding a giant sign over my head with my credit card number, address and social security number printed on it than give Turbine access to my facebook. When I look back at their track record where they sent personal information in clear text to malware-spreading third parties in the Offer Wall fiasco and then couldn't even remember to renew their own domain name, I don't have any faith in their IT department's ability to keep private information private.
    And that is beautiful
    And that is beautiful

i didnt get my cube.
    i followed all of the instruction to the letter and got a confirmation email.
    no cube.

i have 16 characters. i hope i dont have to check each one looking for a certificate.
    Real join date: Update 7

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by HungarianRhapsody View Post
    Whether or not they give you a code for a second cube, you can't have more than one yellow cube on the account, so it's not worth risking your facebook account if you've already got one.

Also, I'd rather walk through Target holding a giant sign over my head with my credit card number, address and social security number printed on it than give Turbine access to my facebook. When I look back at their track record where they sent personal information in clear text to malware-spreading third parties in the Offer Wall fiasco and then couldn't even remember to renew their own domain name, I don't have any faith in their IT department's ability to keep private information private.
    You're implying that the abomination know as facebook is for anything other than signing up for these stupid promos.

Quote Originally Posted by David2486 View Post

In exchange for this little cosmetic useless trinket we have to give a promotional company access to our account, friends and email list. NO. You gotta come with a better trade off for an invasion of my privacy than some durn jelly.

Quote Originally Posted by krimsonrane View Post
    In exchange for this little cosmetic useless trinket we have to give a promotional company access to our account, friends and email list. NO. You gotta come with a better trade off for an invasion of my privacy than some durn jelly.
    thats what fake accounts are for
    Love Life of an Ooze: One ooze. Idiot hits ooze. Two oozes.
    *insert axe*
    o o

Community Manager

Quote Originally Posted by krimsonrane View Post

You are not signing up for any promotional things from the program that facilitates the distribution of codes. No spam, emails or any further contact other than what we do on our DDO Facebook page will happen. This application simply keeps track of who has received a code to prevent someone from signing up with the same account one thousand times, that is the extent of the permissions sought.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    You are not signing up for any promotional things from the program that facilitates the distribution of codes. No spam, emails or any further contact other than what we do on our DDO Facebook page will happen. This application simply keeps track of who has received a code to prevent someone from signing up with the same account one thousand times, that is the extent of the permissions sought.
    You've said things like that before. I don't believe that you were lying at the time and I don't believe that you are lying now, but the assurances given for the Offer Wall weren't accurate then and I don't have any faith in Turbine's ability to keep private information private now.

If you didn't have such a catastrophic track record as a company on issues like this, I'd be more likely to believe you.
    And that is beautiful
    And that is beautiful

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast