Community Member

Default assassin dex enhancements and elf dex based weapons

curious if the assassin dex-based enhancements would apply to an elf using a scimitar with the dex attack/damage enhancement? basically, could i do an elf rogue using scimitars and still get most of the assassin's bonuses?

thanks for any help!

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Wanker View Post
    curious if the assassin dex-based enhancements would apply to an elf using a scimitar with the dex attack/damage enhancement? basically, could i do an elf rogue using scimitars and still get most of the assassin's bonuses?

thanks for any help!
    So you want to be able to get dex to hit not just to damage? Because I don't see any other assassin enhancements that would work differently with scimitars.

I have not tried it but based on the description it should work. However I seem to recall some threads talking about stacking stat changing enhancements like that doesn't always work. (likely do to the order the game checks enhancements in)

The other thing to consider is if you take the assassin tree all the way to tier 5 daggers and kukris are going to be better than scimitars (same crit range better crit multiplier) the extra crit multiplier will likely outshine the extra damage from the elf tree fairly quickly.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Krelar View Post
    So you want to be able to get dex to hit not just to damage? Because I don't see any other assassin enhancements that would work differently with scimitars.

I have not tried it but based on the description it should work. However I seem to recall some threads talking about stacking stat changing enhancements like that doesn't always work. (likely do to the order the game checks enhancements in)

The other thing to consider is if you take the assassin tree all the way to tier 5 daggers and kukris are going to be better than scimitars (same crit range better crit multiplier) the extra crit multiplier will likely outshine the extra damage from the elf tree fairly quickly.

I see what you're saying, I guess the only thing I miss out on is the "Knife specialization" enhancement. Everything else would work with scimitars.

Mostly, I think it may be fun to play a scimitar assassin. Just want to make sure it's feasible.