Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Community Member

Default Last 12 packs to purchase

UPDATE: I got the High Road of Shadows and the Harbinger of Madness. So atm i'm missing 10 adventure packs. Thanks again to everyone for their input

I own every adventure pack except those 12, and i'd appreciate it if you could help me decide which ones to buy now that they're on 25% discount.
    (The prices listed are after this discount.)

01. Sharn Syndicate ............... 263 tp
    02. 3 Barrel Cove ................... 413
    03. Necropolis 1 ..................... 263
    04. Necropolis 2 ..................... 263
    05. Sentinels ......................... 338
    06. Threnal Ruins ................... 338
    07. Restless Isles ................... 263
    08. Harbinger of Madness ........ 338
    09. Reign of Madness ............. 338
    10. Secrets of the Artificers .... 488
    11. Druid's Deep .................... 413
    12. High Road of Shadows ....... 563

I can spend up to around 1500 tps (so, roughly, around 3 expensive packs, 4 medium priced, or 5 cheap ones)

It would help me if you listed your top choices among those packs, hopefully with their pros and cons.
    For example, Restless Isles has a raid with some nice loot (pro), but it's rarely being ran (con).

It would also be very helpful if you could indicate a reason why some of them might be very important to have.
    For example, i think i need no. 10 (Secrets of the Artificers) in order to unlock the Artificer class through favor (which would be nice, since i don't own it, but on the other hand i could do without it for some longer [or buy it from the store if i feel i definitely have to get it] cause there are many other classes that i haven't tried yet - the Druid and Monk that i have lately purchased for example, but some free classes, too)

I know some of them have Epic mode, too, which is a plus imo (Sentinels, Secrets of the Artificers, Druid's Deep, High Road... did i miss any other Epic?)
    I heard 3BC will go Epic, too

I'm not sure about the favor unlocks that i coud get through some of those packs.. (except the Artificers that i mentioned)

So... your comments are welcome
    Last edited by Grecan; 01-07-2014 at 12:09 AM.
    If i haven't responded to your post, it doesn't necessarily mean that i don't have counter-arguments, it might simply mean that i don't want to keep feeding the trolls.
    Plastic People
    Hey! Hey!

Depends on what you're looking for....

If you want epic content:

If you want heroic xp:

If you want packs with high quality production value:

If you want BTA crafting blanks:

If you own everything else already:

If it were me that owned what you own, knowing what I know now I'd probably buy:

488 Secrets of the Artificers (rocket boots!)
    338 Three-Barrel Cove (being made epic)
    563 High Road of Shadows (easy comm farming)

1. Since Secrets of the Artificers has both an awesome crafting system and two heroic+epic raids, I'd say that's numero uno. Though, you'll have to make a little bit of effort to set up the raids yourself, only because people have forgotten how Alchemical Crafting works, and the benefits of it.

2. Sentinels, simply because it has the low level heroic quests and epic versions to go along with it, with some pretty cool gear to boost (Chimera anyone?)

3. A toss up between High Roads and Druid's Deep (which both have epic versions, Druid's Deep having the fastest eveningstar commendation farming available) and Three-Barrel Cove for being turned epic come next update (potentially, still a bit of a rumor)
    Keep on rollin'.

Community Member

I can't write about the higher level packs (yet), but I have experience with all the lower to mid-level packs you've named. I'll add in "fun factor" rating, and for me it goes as follows:

Lots of fun
    3BC

Varied missions and a beautiful explorer area that's easier to navigate than some believe, if you know the "back routes" to missions.

I really like the pace of quite a few missions in this AP.

Enjoyable
    Sentinels
    Sharn Syndicate

Good variety in settings and missions, well thought through overall for both packs

Sometimes fun, run mostly for favor
    Necro 1 & 2

Some innovative design, balanced against relentlessly drab and downbeat settings. Undead aren't generally a very interesting type of enemy and the Necro packs are all about undead.

Bleh. Avoid.
    Restless Isles
    Threnal

Threnal has multiple "protect the NPC" missions and flagging mechanics that could use a rework. The setting is all drab all the time. Restless Isles has you running through an outdoor maze to find missions. You can learn the maze, but there's not enough content there to bother.

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post

If you want epic content:

If you want heroic xp:

If it were me that owned what you own, knowing what I know now I'd probably buy:

488 Secrets of the Artificers (rocket boots!)
    338 Three-Barrel Cove (being made epic)
    563 High Road of Shadows (easy comm farming)
    This guy has it right. 2 out of 3 have epics too, and Secrets of the Artificers has the challenges which are very nice loot wise. Also remember if you craft, you can get the items to reduce ml of items from favor NPC.

If you TR a lot I'd add Necro 1/2 in that pile because it's very nice XP. I personally love the Madness chains but... only a few of those have decent XP and the loot is so-so unless you TR a lot.
    Toons on Orien:
    Daemonav Atreides: WF artificer (TR 2/14)////Irullan Atreides: human FvS (TR 2/?!?)////Lorrellei Atreides: human ice/acid sorcerer////Aliademon Atreides: elf PM necro/enchant wizzie (TR 2/8)

Quote Originally Posted by deahamlet View Post
    This guy has it right. 2 out of 3 have epics too, and Secrets of the Artificers has the challenges which are very nice loot wise. Also remember if you craft, you can get the items to reduce ml of items from favor NPC.

If you TR a lot I'd add Necro 1/2 in that pile because it's very nice XP. I personally love the Madness chains but... only a few of those have decent XP and the loot is so-so unless you TR a lot.
    Quick note, the Secrets of the Artificers pack does not include the House Cannith Challenges pack.
    Keep on rollin'.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahalko128 View Post
    Quick note, the Secrets of the Artificers pack does not include the House Cannith Challenges pack.
    Oh well that's a downer!!! :|
    Toons on Orien:
    Daemonav Atreides: WF artificer (TR 2/14)////Irullan Atreides: human FvS (TR 2/?!?)////Lorrellei Atreides: human ice/acid sorcerer////Aliademon Atreides: elf PM necro/enchant wizzie (TR 2/8)

Community Member

Default thanks for your input

Doesn't it always...? ;-D

That certainly interests me :-)

Haven't been involved with Cannith crafting yet

You mean... this is the last pack of all i should buy?

Yes, i guess that could sum up my questions ;-D
    Quote Originally Posted by deahamlet View Post
    This guy has it right. 2 out of 3 have epics too, and Secrets of the Artificers has the challenges which are very nice loot wise. Afaik, the adventure pack is one thing, and the challenge pack is another Also remember if you craft, you can get the items to reduce ml of items from favor NPC. Haven't been involved with Cannith crafting yet

If you TR a lot What's the difference between simply TRing and TRing a lot? I haven't TRed yet(!!) but afaik after TR#2 you need the same amount of XP I'd add Necro 1/2 in that pile because it's very nice XP. I personally love the Madness chains but... only a few of those have decent XP and the loot is so-so unless you TR a lot.
    Answers in green, i'll soon(TM) respond to the other posts, too
    If i haven't responded to your post, it doesn't necessarily mean that i don't have counter-arguments, it might simply mean that i don't want to keep feeding the trolls.
    Plastic People
    Hey! Hey!

You ask what the difference is between TR'ing and TR'ing a lot. After a few TR's you start to find the level range where you personally find it a bit grindy. Maybe you don't like the quests much in that range or you find groups lacking or whatever reason. This could be a deciding factor for what pack to get if you need to fill in gaps in your leveling plans.
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grecan View Post
    Hello, will take them one by one (My rating is taking items that drop there in consideration, I just dont mention them):

1. Sharn - low level pack that you storm quickly. It is quite fun, but honestly... its nice to have when you are deciding between Sharn and bad packs, as Sharn is nice, but totally and utterly unnecessary. 4/10

2. Some of the most unique and funny quests are in Cove! Also, Cove should go epic next year. Without epic - its unnecessary but much fun pack. (6/10) with epic version? Must have. (9/10)

3. Necro 1. No. Just... just take Sharn before you take Necro 1, ok? I mean... exp/min wise, its nice pack. But its ugly and boring, at least for me. 3/10.

4. Necro 2. Basically the same as Necro 1, just on hiher level. 3/10.

5. Sentinels. I like sentinels, the quests are fun. And it is epic. Not that much neccessary these days, but those quests are simply fun. I recommend it. Spis in the house Epic Elite is among the hardest quests in this game to this day. 7/10.

6. Threnal Ruins. NO. Coyle. NO. Coyle. NO. Coyle. NO. Coyle. NO. 1/10.

(Threnal is actually bad for more reasons than just Coyle - its a mix of mediocore amount of exp and all the unpopular monsters (rusties, oozes, Ice flensers, beholders, golem and gargoyle) mixed together in unimaginative enviroment.

7. Restless Isles. The raid is, unfortunatey dead. Havent seen group for Titan in months. Many, many months. But, Ghola Fan and Shrieking Mines (two flaging quests) are among my favorite quests in the game! For 250 TP? I say go for them. 7/10 (I rank it sohigh because of the price).

8. Harbringer of Madness: All 4 quests form together a very nice experience. Also, The final boss is the BEST villain in the entire game. Seriously - he is just awesome. And VERY challenging on level. I highly recommend it! (8,5/10)

9. Reign of Madness: One frustrating quest, one boring quest, one exp farming quest and one enjoyable quest. Taking in consideration that the exp curve ws changed recently you dont need to farm exp anymore... and so, you dont need this pack. 5/10. Not bad, but not good.

10. These got a huge exp boost, they also feature two raids /granted, both more or less dead/ and can unlock artificer. I like this pack, so I rate it high - but truth be told, you are propably not going to farm those favor poits needed for artificer. Lets say 7/10.

11. Druid s Deep: The single most boring Forgotten Realms pack of all. In every way. 2/10. Dont buy it. And if you do, then only because its part of the saga (that why it gets 2 instead of 1).

12. High Road - The winner. Fun, challenging pack with epic fight on the end. And rewarding too (comms, I am looking at you!) Definitely favorit from your list. 9/10.

So, if you have to choose three, I would recommend:

1. High Road. Its Epic end game for all that want to ETR eventually. Also, its fun.
    2. Cove. Will be made epic.
    3. Harbringer of Madness. For the pure joy of In the Flesh.

Which to never buy:

1. Threnal.
    2. Necro 1 and 2. Unless you will need favor for Silverflame Pots.

Which I hate:

1. Druid s deep. There are possibly reasons to buy it and -gasp- maybe someone actually enjoys it. In my book, its extremely dull and totally linear. I preffer selfmutilation over it.
    Last edited by viktorserak; 12-21-2013 at 06:15 PM.

IF you plan on tring get necro 1 and 2.

Community Member

1. Since Secrets of the Artificers has both an awesome crafting system and two heroic+epic raids, I'd say that's numero uno. Though, you'll have to make a little bit of effort to set up the raids yourself, only because people have forgotten how Alchemical Crafting works, and the benefits of it.

2. Sentinels, simply because it has the low level heroic quests and epic versions to go along with it, with some pretty cool gear to boost (Chimera anyone?)

3. A toss up between High Roads and Druid's Deep (which both have epic versions, Druid's Deep having the fastest eveningstar commendation farming available) and Three-Barrel Cove for being turned epic come next update (potentially, still a bit of a rumor)
    1. So, you know full well that the adventure pack does not include the challenges [which cost more than double the pack, btw, but one can get a free daily token for (one of) them] and that those raids it includes aren't ran often, but still rate it very high, interesting!

2. Cool

3. I've read a lot of bad stuff about Druid's Deep... does it have any good loot for Druids?
    On the contrary, i hear mostly good stuff about High Road and 3BC
    Plastic People
    Hey! Hey!

3. I've read a lot of bad stuff about Druid's Deep... does it have any good loot for Druids?
    On the contrary, i hear mostly good stuff about High Road and 3BC
    With the introduction of commendations of valor, I find myself slipping Druid's Deep into my rotation occasionally. Before coms, I only played it a handful of times total. The xp is poor, the loot is mostly outdated and it's not overly fun or overly annoying, but that's subjective anyway. All 4 quests are relatively fast so it fits into a daily com routine if you've hit the usual suspects already.
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

Community Member

These are the most appealing packs to me after everything i've read:

1)3BC 2)Sentinels 3)Harbringer 4)Secrets of the Artificers 5)High Road

Some answers in green inside the quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by EnjoyTheMoment View Post
    <snip>
    3BC

Varied missions and a beautiful explorer area that's easier to navigate than some believe, if you know the "back routes" to missions.
    I don't know them yet ofc, and i'm interested to learn them
    <snip>
    thanks for your post (sniped for better presentation of mine)

Quote Originally Posted by redspecter23 View Post
    You ask what the difference is between TR'ing and TR'ing a lot. After a few TR's you start to find the level range where you personally find it a bit grindy. Maybe you don't like the quests much in that range or you find groups lacking or whatever reason. This could be a deciding factor for what pack to get if you need to fill in gaps in your leveling plans.
    Thanks for clarification

Quote Originally Posted by viktorserak View Post
    <snip>

1. Sharn - low level pack that you storm quickly. It is quite fun, but honestly... its nice to have when you are deciding between Sharn and bad packs, as Sharn is nice, but totally and utterly unnecessary. 4/10 I think it was a former guild-leader i had (whom i appreciate very much and he's still helping me from time to time) that got me a pass for this pack long ago, and that explains how i have the Nicked Shortsword and Mace in my possesion

<snip>

So, if you have to choose three, I would recommend:

1. High Road. Its Epic end game for all that want to ETR eventually. Also, its fun.
    2. Cove. Will be made epic.
    3. Harbringer of Madness. For the pure joy of In the Flesh.

I'm leaning towards these, and also Secrets of the Artificers and Sentinels
    thanks for your post (sniped for better presentation of mine)

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan_Milic View Post
    IF you plan on tring I do get necro 1 and 2. Maybe i'll need those two more for the Silver Flame favor though
    thanks for your post
    Last edited by Grecan; 12-21-2013 at 07:14 PM.
    Plastic People
    Hey! Hey!

I know i'm in the minority here, but i actually kind of like the entire necropolis series. What i don't get is why people dislike necro so much but seem to love Delera's? Personally i dread when the time comes on a tr to run Delera's. I'd run Necro 2 over it by choice, even if xp and time spent were equal.

I find both of the madness packs to be very entertaining and well made. I also think the loot is fairly underrated, especially the craftable armors. I used a beholder's docent with +10 reflex on my tukaw last life, and there is no docent in the game i would take over it until epics. That spell suppression effect on crits actually works quite well.

Community Member

Sharn

Quick Coinlord favor for Inventory. Especially if you want to skip low lvl quests. Waterworks and Sharn with elite openner is lots of inventory favor. If you have lots of gear this helps.
    Last edited by firemedium_jt; 12-22-2013 at 12:42 AM.
    Your lack of healing amp not my problem. Please buy and use your own remove curse pots in combat, so I don't waste mana. Not my job.

Quote Originally Posted by FestusHood View Post
    I know i'm in the minority here, but i actually kind of like the entire necropolis series. What i don't get is why people dislike necro so much but seem to love Delera's? Personally i dread when the time comes on a tr to run Delera's. I'd run Necro 2 over it by choice, even if xp and time spent were equal.

I find both of the madness packs to be very entertaining and well made. I also think the loot is fairly underrated, especially the craftable armors. I used a beholder's docent with +10 reflex on my tukaw last life, and there is no docent in the game i would take over it until epics. That spell suppression effect on crits actually works quite well.
    Don't get it either, I love Necro 1 and 2 (3 is a bugged mess, no thanx). But I will say it was not the same experience being on a melee rogue versus wizard/sorcerer/artificer. Even FvS was painful in Necro 1.
    Toons on Orien:

Answers in green, i'll soon(TM) respond to the other posts, too
    Answering directly in a quote box is suboptimal because quote boxes aren't quotable. Thus your followup question has to be manually retyped. You asked if I meant that Restless Isles should be the very last pack you buy? Yep, that's what I'm saying.

Yea, I actually like necro 2 the most and its great xp.

Community Member

a. Maybe they like Delera's loot more? (I think everyone wants to have the Voice, for example, but i haven't heard about a single piece of loot from Necro 1or2 - not that i can't look it up, but i haven't heard people talking about it)

b. About the Madness packs...
    Does the Reign continue the storyline of Harbinger?
    Would i feel like missing something if i only got one of the two?
    Does the loot you mention come from the 1st or the 2nd pack? Or do you need both to craft that gear?

Answering directly in a quote box is suboptimal because quote boxes aren't quotable. Thus your followup question has to be manually retyped. You asked if I meant that Restless Isles should be the very last pack you buy? Yep, that's what I'm saying.
    kk, i'll keep that in mind
    but it's often easier for me to answer this way

thanks again
    Plastic People
    Hey! Hey!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast