Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by murf201 View Post
    Like really ? Are you serious ? I read future plan threads and see people whining for this Snit .

Umm what functionality would it serve the user base ? We already have airships for buffs and such .

Do you really think the devs are going to create houses all over the maps for you to zone into , And then do absolutely nothing in !!

If they did do this absolute waste of space , It would be nothing more then a Zone like the ship zones lol !!

If you want to waste developers time for non interactive / functional / pretend zones , You need a break from the gaming world !!!

Ps. Dear devs if you do waste your time , I suggest the price should be = to 50$ US.
    I guess it might have some use if it ..............added some extra storage................but could you imagine the new round of bugs and exploits that would likely get introduced or reintroduced? lol.

if it contains 400+ shared ( or not ) inventory/bank slots I'm all for it.

If it's just Guild ships revamped it's not worth the effort and there's better things to be done with Dev time.
    On G-Land : Flavilandile, Blacklock, Yaelle, Millishande, Larilandile, Gildalinde, Tenalafel, and many other...

Pirate Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

I strongly suspect my husband would only be interested in housing if it adden storage, whether in the form of a chest/closet/whatever similar in layout to the bank tabs, or as a trophy case for named items.
    Me, I'd want the storage (and other utilities if they'd exist), but would enjoy the decorating part as well, it'd be a nice change of pace from the hamster wheel.
    Our daughter would be SO totally ALL OVER the decorating part, we actually might have to start limiting her computer time :P

So yea, I think turbine would do well indeed to make PC housing a part of the game.

Greetz,
    Red Orm

Quote Originally Posted by Annex View Post
    ... Again, in my opinion, housing has no necessary link to storage. Why create new housing instances just to support a new storage interface when it could all be done through existing bankers? Housing is a sandbox feature for role playing and trophies. Developers only link storage to get more buy in. ...
    Agreed, but:
    Quote Originally Posted by QuartermasterX View Post
    The main reason we don't have additional inventory space and bank upgrades is due to tech limitations. However, we are actively looking for ways we can improve storage options.
    But they managed to increase inventory space (also shared bank), so I doubt that there is technical problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Annex View Post
    ... If new dungeons and raids stop appearing because of housing development, the developers will find themselves trading one kind of customer for another. People who want housing will join the game. People who want dungeons and raids will leave the game. I sincerely hope they do not go down that road again. First priority must remain delivering new dungeons and raids on a regular basis to keep existing customers satisfied. They also need to finish what they started and nail down end game. Only when those things are assured should the developers cast about for new things to build.
    New content for me is useless without more BtC space.
    My main toons are collecting dust, they almost don't raid anymore, waiting for more BtC space.
    I'm existing customer and I'm not satisfied.
    So, I support anything if there is at least a chance of more BtC space
    I don't really like player's housing as far as I know about it (a waste of developers time imo, but could be profitable similarly to companions), but if it's the only thing that will increase BtC space then I'll definitely buy it (if the price is not crazy).
    Last edited by TheRobai; 12-22-2013 at 10:03 AM. Reason: typo
    Loot Design, S/S/S system, TR Cache Button, The exact trap DCs in EE HH, A guide for DDO-ML, Unknown Heroes: 3rd place, Welcome to Orien: /joinchannel Titan
    Quote Originally Posted by Certon View Post
    This is the most perfect suggestion in the history of suggestions, and it is full of upsides for both players and servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Yalinaa View Post
    They can't code anything. They said we won't get more bank space, because it's impossible (for them) to code that.
    We NEED more storage, so if it's only doable via player housing, let's bring it to the game.

Really, one the most hated thing in the game the TR cache cleaning before every new reincarnation, because the limited storage options.
    If you believe that I feel sorry for you. 99.9% of the time when they say they can't it usually means they don't want to or the IP owner doesn't want them to. Same was said about atmospheric flight for star wars galaxies but the truth was LA told them not to do it and the last two months the servers were up SOE did it anyways stating the truth.

Default Yes!

More storage is a MUST MUST MUST for DDO!!

Basic Housing (instance 1 room with 2 chests and a scroll rack on hook points) is free to VIP. Buy in DDO if Free play.

Upgrade House size and Hook points = 1500TP

Item Upgrades for all. Large Chests, Armor Racks, Scroll Racks, Weapons Racks, Potions Cabinet, ect = 400-800TP each.

EACH CHARACTER would need a house. To ensure continuous inflow of $$$ to Turbine. They have to make $$$.

I WOULD BUY THAT IN A HEARTBEAT!! 4000TP?? NP!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Thayion516 View Post
    EACH CHARACTER would need a house. To ensure continuous inflow of $$$ to Turbine. They have to make $$$.

I WOULD BUY THAT IN A HEARTBEAT!! 4000TP?? NP!!!
    Let's not be crazy. House unlocked by favor, unlocked for all chars on that server. Bought with TP, unlocked for all chars on all servers. Extra chests, or larger chests, or more hookpoints would obviously be Character specific, purchased with TP or Shards. But $40+ per chr per server is miles too high.
    Quote Originally Posted by Towrn
    ...when the worst thing that happens when you make a mistake at your job is someone complains on the internet, you probably care a little less!

Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    DDO may have its My Little Ponies distractions that come with tricks, but do we really need a Barbie dollhouse too? you want to invite your friends over to play dress up? do the Kens want to invite the guys over to show off his trophy case? no thanks.
    You're running around collecting pretend swords and pretend armor, can the "I'm less geeky than someone who likes to play the sims" pretenses please.

Housing in MMO's is fun, and a time tested way to keep players engaged in the game and logging in. It's a source of income for Turbine. It gives something to veg out and do when you only have a few minutes here and there, much like crafting. More depth and complexity and more living and breathing more social options and settings. Trophy cases to show off your raid loot, mounted monster heads to show off your accomplishments.

As I've said in the past make it simple and give a reason to have other players in it make it a jumping off point for doing quests (allow a party leaders house to have portals that go directly to the selected LFM quest other players enter the leaders house and can look around, get a quick ghalanhanda distillate and regen SP, or repair their gear and then when ready they step through the portal and are at the quest entrance.

Simple, gives houses a useful function, and gives a reason for other players to go inside of players houses.

Community Member Talon_Moonshadow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FlaviusMaximus View Post
    Umm my Ranger sleeps in the bushes near the auctioneer in the Marketplace. It's been getting cold and on top of that, there are a lot of shady characters strolling around that part of town. He hasn't had a bath in weeks and being able to use the one toilet in Eberron requires being on a guest list. Don't even ask what the jar is for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jandric View Post
    ..., but I honestly think the solution is to group with less whiny people.

Nobody wanted guild ships either.

(and for that matter no one wanted Monks!)

2015 DDO Players Council Seikojin's Avatar

I can see player housing as a way to end share banks and tr cache.

Quote Originally Posted by murf201 View Post
    Like really ? Are you serious ? I read future plan threads and see people whining for this Snit .

Umm what functionality would it serve the user base ? We already have airships for buffs and such .

Do you really think the devs are going to create houses all over the maps for you to zone into , And then do absolutely nothing in !!

If they did do this absolute waste of space , It would be nothing more then a Zone like the ship zones lol !!

If you want to waste developers time for non interactive / functional / pretend zones , You need a break from the gaming world !!!

Ps. Dear devs if you do waste your time , I suggest the price should be = to 50$ US.
    "I decorated my house, come visit my house!"

lets face it, some people prefer playing sims to MMORPG, but apparently there isn't one that's D&D based so they try to turn this MMORPG into sims...

whatever.

this has nothing to do with playing the game or improving the game, and everything to do with catering to a different player market which is willing to pay $$ in order to have a customizable environment to sit in / show off.

this sort of thing doesn't really appeal to me, but I don't mind, to each his own. I just hope that any developmental effort made towards player housing, if there ever is such a move, will never ever come at the expense of developing and improving the actual game.
    for example, bring in a dev that will solely focus on player housing, and hopefully that project would be profitable enough to pay his salary. if it isn't worth a dev's salary, or in other words - isn't worth the development cost, then there really is no reason to go down that road.

just my 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by IronClan View Post
    You're running around collecting pretend swords and pretend armor, can the "I'm less geeky than someone who likes to play the sims" pretenses please.

Housing in MMO's is fun, and a time tested way to keep players engaged in the game and logging in. It's a source of income for Turbine. It gives something to veg out and do when you only have a few minutes here and there, much like crafting. More depth and complexity and more living and breathing more social options and settings. Trophy cases to show off your raid loot, mounted monster heads to show off your accomplishments.

As I've said in the past make it simple and give a reason to have other players in it make it a jumping off point for doing quests (allow a party leaders house to have portals that go directly to the selected LFM quest other players enter the leaders house and can look around, get a quick ghalanhanda distillate and regen SP, or repair their gear and then when ready they step through the portal and are at the quest entrance.

Simple, gives houses a useful function, and gives a reason for other players to go inside of players houses.
    If player houses have a useful function, than what's to happen to guild ships? Why not make guild ships more useful and put player cabins on the ship? Are groups going to be understanding of players having to go to their house and to buff on the ship? Will players get their houses and than complain they have to run to their guild ship also to buff? Will the coding be reliable enough and something the devs will focus on with upgrades and bug fixes when there are still many bug fixes I would consider more top priority, but since people paid for their trophies and other things to spruce up their dollhouse, will people complain that their light switch isn't working? What would this do to the already current banking system? These complaints would happen and at least half of the sales would be because of extra storage space.

If there is to be player housing than it should be anywhere from a cabin in the woods to a house in the city to a castle with a moat. I want to be attacked by enemy armies and have a town that pays me taxes. I want to hire mercenaries and attack your land because I'm greedy. I want dragons attacking my castle. I want to make allies. I don't want a simple house with extra storage, but I don't think Turbine is willing or has the expenses to develop what we really want. Player housing like what I would like to see is a game all of its own and I know what we would get would be cheesy.
    #MakeDDOGreatAgain

You are the one choosing not to play alts.

Casual player now investing way less than I used to into the game, playing 1-3 months at a time and still want nothing to do with Reaper. #improvepuggrouping#alldifficultiesmatter

2015 DDO Players Council Seikojin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    If player houses have a useful function, than what's to happen to guild ships? Why not make guild ships more useful and put player cabins on the ship? Are groups going to be understanding of players having to go to their house and to buff on the ship? Will players get their houses and than complain they have to run to their guild ship also to buff? Will the coding be reliable enough and something the devs will focus on with upgrades and bug fixes when there are still many bug fixes I would consider more top priority, but since people paid for their trophies and other things to spruce up their dollhouse, will people complain that their light switch isn't working? What would this do to the already current banking system? These complaints would happen and at least half of the sales would be because of extra storage space.

If there is to be player housing than it should be anywhere from a cabin in the woods to a house in the city to a castle with a moat. I want to be attacked by enemy armies and have a town that pays me taxes. I want to hire mercenaries and attack your land because I'm greedy. I want dragons attacking my castle. I want to make allies. I don't want a simple house with extra storage, but I don't think Turbine is willing or has the expenses to develop what we really want. Player housing like what I would like to see is a game all of its own and I know what we would get would be cheesy.

Platyer housing you want exists in a game called Ultima Online. Mind you it is super old and is in 2d...

That said, it would be technically impossible for ddo to do with vulnerable housing without making it an expansion.

What I hope for in housing:
    1. more storage
    2. Access points to various locations (potentially placeable)
    3. Ways to decorate (either mounting for items, or otherwise)
    4. Expandable (buy more rooms/space)
    5. Crafting stations addable
    6. Vendors?

Quote Originally Posted by Seikojin View Post
    Platyer housing you want exists in a game called Ultima Online. Mind you it is super old and is in 2d...

That said, it would be technically impossible for ddo to do with vulnerable housing without making it an expansion.

What I hope for in housing:
    1. more storage
    2. Access points to various locations (potentially placeable)
    3. Ways to decorate (either mounting for items, or otherwise)
    4. Expandable (buy more rooms/space)
    5. Crafting stations addable
    6. Vendors?
    ah Ultima Online first game I preordered. That game will always have a place in my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Talon_Moonshadow View Post
    Nobody wanted guild ships either.

(and for that matter no one wanted Monks!)
    No one wanted crafting either, now everyone just wants it updated.

I am convinced that DDO being F2P gets more newer gamers with little experience in other games; and so tend. To not understand why some MMO features might enrich a bare bones MMO like this one.

Trouble is, nowhere have we seen a dev commit to the notion that housing actually will come with any storage.

So it's just as likely to be some cosmetic, cash-cow nonsense/missed opportunity like pets, as it is to be something imaginative which will contribute to the playing experience.
    "IM-PLO-SION: For when you just HAVE to kill every M**********R in the room"-
    (Samuel L Jackson)

"Some are insane, and the're in charge"
    (GoF)

Sarlona: Mercilless, Maliciouss, Relenttless. Plus others.....

I often do not agree with Turbines priorities for development.

But it appears that they have different teams working on different things for the game.
    Whether this makes the most sense or not, I do not know...

But it allows them to development many things at once.

I am fine with player housing... I even want it.
    It is just not a priority to me.

I just hope they make it good.
    And include storage.. since they keep insisting on BTC, it is the least they can do for us IMO to give us a bunch of storage.

I also hope it includes a lot of customization, and that we can invite others into our homes to see how we have decorated the place.

Would be cool to see all of our cosmetic pets.
    A framed document showing I am an honorary member of the Twelve.
    Garrison's Pack on a shelf.
    Velah's Head...
    Coyle's Head.......

Etc.

But from a functional viewpoint, storage is what I hope to get out of it.

I have been playing since 2010, and in all that time, all that content, all the updates, all the items, the sole update to the banking system has been to add platinum sharing between characters. 6 pages of inventory slots, 5 in the bank, 20 each. 220 locations for specific items, plus whatever you're wearing, maximum. And then whatever is left in your TR cache that you pull out of there right before you TR again. The only way around it? "Mules", storing unbound/BtA items. There are long-term players with numerous (countless?) accounts & mules with the sole function of trying to figure out how to store all their stuff. Leave it alone for almost half a decade, and with the introduction of almost nothing named that isn't BtC, BtCoA, or BtCoE, and now it's painfully behind the rest of the game.

Introducing housing would be a welcome boost to the game's appeal, as well as helping to control the massive influx of new items in the past 4 years. It would be a wide open option for the developers to explore, which, done right, is a very good thing. Personally, I'd love to see all those unused doors & windows in all those public areas be converted into apartments for us, and seeing a cruise-ship sized airship for those who wouldn't mind taking up residency in the sky. They could even add premium features:

-The Teleport Room, with a portal that lets you port to a variety of locations unavailable with the House Teleporter or Teleport scrolls.
    -The Omnichest, which lets you grab unbound/BtA items from your other characters without having to log on to them & toss it into the shared bank & then log back on to your previous character.
    -The Weapons Locker, no real explanation needed here, probably locked away from other non-account players to avoid any rogues from killing you & taking your stuff. Storage chests for some stuff for all players, premium unlocks walls of weapons & armors you can grab from, or just to hang there & look pretty.
    -Hall of Memories, with items you don't necessarily want to use anymore, but still want to hang onto.
    -The Menagerie, with all your companions.
    -The Workshop, your basement where you can go all Haywire with crafting. Favor could unlock the various altars & perhaps a specialist or two.
    Cuyar of Orien

Quote Originally Posted by relenttless View Post
    Trouble is, nowhere have we seen a dev commit to the notion that housing actually will come with any storage.

So it's just as likely to be some cosmetic, cash-cow nonsense/missed opportunity like pets, as it is to be something imaginative which will contribute to the playing experience.
    This is all we know about housing

Quote Originally Posted by ProducerRowan View Post
    The team is also considering (but not promising) a range of additions, including scaling more content to Epic levels, adding new Classes or Iconics, adding new Enhancement paths or Epic Destinies, and possibly introducing player housing in Eberron.

I agree it could end up being nothing but fluff but, I am all for it if there is a chance we will get storage.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast