Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thurdh is making alot of sence like normal.

I started Varr on Cannith whe server opened and have been on a slow burn thru 30 lives to this point. The game is a time sink..........and in a ebb and flow, no pressure way i've spent most of my time sunk into one toon. Getting 2 more bard lives and anotherr barbarian life though are way down the list of things I want to do.

I have always liked the idea of a free feat.......but dont think it should stack free or not past 1. It is to strong a feat IMO as the 6th or 7th feat on most builds in order of usefulness.

Would be nice to free up that 12th feat slot on most completionists........as i would guess most are multiclassed and looking to be party dominant/selfreliant in 2 or 3 different areas.

I think the nubmer of completionsist and 10tr toons, and even 3x completionists would alarm some of the people reading this thread. Cannith has at least 50 completionists probably more like a 100.
    Varr's all over. Sarlona Varrr getting the love currently.

Community Member

[QUOTE=axel15810;5204625]I've always felt it should be a passive feat. I'm never going to be a completionist, but if I was I'd never take the feat unless it was on a DC caster.[/QUOTE

Totally agree. And also, completionist should be at least +4 to everything when you consider how much you've spent on all the different premium classes and the grinding involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrudh View Post
    I hope not.. You have to have a pretty severe case of OCD to get a triple completionist... I mean, it's bad enough to pick up 1 past life of sorc and fvs and wizard for your melee character, but at least you're working towards that completionist feat... but the 2nd and 3rd past lives of those classes offer near ZERO benefits.

I mean, 3 past-lives each of the 5-6 classes that make your character stronger, sure, and then 1 each of the classes that give almost nothing, but qualify you for completionist.. I can see that... I won't do it myself, but at least it makes sense.

But to then go back, and get 2 more pastlives of those near worthless classes for your build, JUST to call yourself triple-completionist? Because there's no other benefit, other than a meaningless title. I don't see that as an accomplishment, I see that as a sickness.
    No OCD here. I just enjoy playing. 7 levels away from completionist here. I used two easy buttons: the xp stone from MoTU, and the +20 heart we've recently been given so that I could have a fun life and still wind up with the life I needed. Up until this last one, every life was a pure life too. Do my two easy buttons take away from the experience someone else had getting to completionist? Nope, and if I've ever been accused of spoiling someone else's fun, they were free to leave whenever they liked.

I know a kid on my server who uses his mothers credit card to buy an xp stone every life. If he happens to get to completionist before me, does that take away from what I set out to do? Of course not! That kid won't know half of what I know about that game because he never stopped to pay attention to what he was doing. Furthermore, he won't even understand the value of a dollar because its not his money thats going to pay for his game.

Completionist isn't just a feat or some prestige or a destination. Its having fun and learning and going on this really cool virtual journey that has absolutely nothing to do with real life but helps you deal with it sometimes. Oh yeah, and its totally not a big deal. Play the game you want to.

That being said, I wouldn't be averse to making the completionist feat auto-granted. Its really not bad as it is, though.
    Last edited by wildbynature; 12-20-2013 at 01:35 PM.
    --Pealea, Peawee, worldpeas, givepeas achance, and whoopea on Khyber

Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council
    Scotland - where the dwarf accents come from

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnbeimnech View Post
    It is passive.
    I think we all knew that he meant auto-granted.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlock View Post
    In that case, make it stack 3 times like the other ones.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnbeimnech View Post
    It is passive.
    Then make it active.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlock View Post
    The moment in time when we can most hope for this to happen is the moment of the creation of Epic Completionist.
    Fawn is not there yet, but is moving towards it steadily.

Epic Completionist will be auto granted, so the coding for auto grant completionist could be altered at that time.
    We can hope...

Quote Originally Posted by Guanmagi-1 View Post
    Then make it active.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matuse View Post
    Take Completionist instead of Toughness. The HP benefit is identical (ok, Completionist is 2 hp less, whoopty) if you're not also planning on taking Epic Toughness.

Then you get +3 all skills, +1 all saves, +1 Hit/Dam, +1 All DCs, +X Spellpoints, and 2 more points of stat cushion to keep from being rendered helpless or overloaded by stat drain on top of it.

So uh...yeah, in summary: The OP is a loon.
    I don't think he's a loon, but definitely raging over something not worth raging over.

I am all for making it passive, but compare completionist to all these feats combined:

Toughness
    1 of each spell focus (school)
    Acrobatic
    Alertness
    Athletic
    Negotiator
    Nimble Fingers
    Self Sufficient
    Stealthy
    Luck of Heroes

Now I will acknowledge that the above feats mostly suck, but completionist doesn't.

Not to mention there are so many feats I no longer need to take after the enhancement pass...there is now ample room for it most builds.

Seriously, DDO is a content mastery game and not a skill-based game. After 3 or 4 lifes if you haven't mastered the heroic content it's time for another hobby. Grinding the same content over and over for another 35 lifes doesn't make you more "skilled". It makes you more persistent and goal-oriented for sure.

As for otto's boxes, I see the OP point a little. I use them but grinded out over 30 lifes without boxes on 10 different characters, but I am always shocked at how many people use many more boxes than I do. The amazing thing is they were all really good and accomplished players prior to boxes. They also make a decent living. What I haven't seen is casual players using boxes so I think the whole argument is kind of ridiculous. The people buying boxes are already fairly invested in the game and would be classified as either hardcore or hobbyists. I still haven't seen that mythical new player that bought their way to completionist but still doesn't know what they are doing.
    Last edited by slarden; 12-20-2013 at 01:51 PM.
    CC Casting Druid: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...C-Summer-Build
    Shiradi Wiz Plan for 1st Lifers: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...r-First-Lifers
    U25 Patch 1 Dex Halfling Assassin Build: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...x-Assassin-1-0
    Warlock DC Caster: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ld-Blast-Build

Several characters on Sarlona all starting with "Rand" in the Guild "Guardians of House Cannith". My main four characters are Randowl (18 rogue 2 artificer mechanic - hope to go back to DC casting some day), Randslar (Bard 14 / Fighter 4 / Rogue 2 Swashbuckler), Randek (Druid CC Caster 17/Fvs 3) and Randomall (Rogue 20 assassin).

Community Member TheLegendOfAra's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ishr;5204615 The completionist feat has been attained prior to the advent of otto's stone, however the number of players achieving this feat numbers in [U
    10-20 in each server or less[/U]**.
    While I agree with what you're saying for the most part, and I do think the completionist feat is a joke for the amount of work you have to put in to attaining it(Which is why I gave up the idea for it and just decided to do 1 million Rangers lives on my main.), Your assessment of the number of completionists before boxes came out is way off.

Personally on Argo I know of at least 30+ people who had regular completionist before boxes came out, and about 5-10 who had, or were working on triple completionists.
    Now, mostly without the use of boxes I know at least 10 people on Argo who have 1 triple completionist, and another regular completionist toon with 20+ lives.

Hell, I know 3 people who have multiple triple completionists.

While not all of this was attained before boxes, most of the lives were done before then, and the rest of the lives were mostly done without boxes.

I don't think completionist has been a very big deal to achieve in a very, very long time. Since before boxes where even a poorly contrived thought in some devs head.
    And it hasn't been worth the grind since... Ever?
    Araphina Skycrow - 15Paladin/3Ranger/2Fighter (Life 8/25) 5xRanger, 3xPaladin
    Araphell - Arasin - Arathaes - Arawyn - Aravein
    Guild: Fors Fortis;Guild of Won, & VENOM @ Argo
    "And we learn, as we age; We've learned nothing! And my body still aches."

Uber Completionist

Quote Originally Posted by Silverleafeon View Post
    The moment in time when we can most hope for this to happen is the moment of the creation of Epic Completionist.
    Fawn is not there yet, but is moving towards it steadily.

Epic Completionist will be auto granted, so the coding for auto grant completionist could be altered at that time.
    We can hope...
    Why not then add Iconic Completionist.. and having all 3 Completionist titles will give you DDO Completionist, of course

ok, lets forget it about it, lol.

Community Member

The game changed. It used to be advantageous to have an army of alts to farm epic items, tokens and raid ingredients that were bta - mainly because of the timer mechanism on raids and the old epics.

Now it's advantageous to have one super character since all the important stuff is BTC or BTCOE.

It's not shocking to see more people working on their main character rather than raising up new alts.
    CC Casting Druid: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...C-Summer-Build
    Shiradi Wiz Plan for 1st Lifers: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...r-First-Lifers
    U25 Patch 1 Dex Halfling Assassin Build: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...x-Assassin-1-0
    Warlock DC Caster: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ld-Blast-Build

Several characters on Sarlona all starting with "Rand" in the Guild "Guardians of House Cannith". My main four characters are Randowl (18 rogue 2 artificer mechanic - hope to go back to DC casting some day), Randslar (Bard 14 / Fighter 4 / Rogue 2 Swashbuckler), Randek (Druid CC Caster 17/Fvs 3) and Randomall (Rogue 20 assassin).

Quote Originally Posted by Icywave View Post
    Why not then add Iconic Completionist.. .
    Woot, halfway there, 2 of 4 done once

Quote Originally Posted by Blackheartox View Post
    Just imagine it being passive and stackable 3 times or just passive alone.. Severely overpowerd
    But it isn't stackable, it's a one-time deal.

+2 to stats auto granted for leveling all the way up to 20 in every single class doesn't seem overpowered in the slightest to me.
    Sounds like a nice perk for all that play time. (Or cash spent for boxes, I suppose).
    <-Curelite Bottling Company->

Quote Originally Posted by Chilldude
    Dude, did you see they way that guy just pressed button 1? It was amazing! A display of skill unseen since the 1984 World Games where in the men's room, between events, a man washed his hands with such unbridled majesty that people were claiming the faucet he used was OP.

Uber Completionist

Quote Originally Posted by slarden View Post
    The game changed. It used to be advantageous to have an army of alts to farm epic items, tokens and raid ingredients that were bta - mainly because of the timer mechanism on raids and the old epics.

Now it's advantageous to have one super character since all the important stuff is BTC or BTCOE.

It's not shocking to see more people working on their main character rather than raising up new alts.
    Seems logical ...

Quote Originally Posted by wildbynature View Post
    ...That being said, I wouldn't be averse to making the completionist feat auto-granted...

IMHO, which can be very wrong, not really looking for triple stacking of any of the three completionist feats (heroic, epic, iconic), but would like to see all three be auto granted. This would allow more choices and variety of builds. We know epic completionist will be auto granted (although anyone could dispute that a possible 4th twist slot is definitely worth a feat slot). Iconic completionist is probably 2014/2015ish, since we have a possible three more iconics in the works atm, and until then, its too soon.

Community Member

I don't think it should be powerful enough to affect a character in a too significant way. It's +1 to DCs (spell, stun, whatever) stacking with everything with +1 to all saves, this is quite powerful, regardless of the fact that in the endgame at this point, DCs are no longer king like they used to be (this changes over time).

Take this with a grain of salt, as with 21 character slots you can guess I'm not the completionist farming type (although like 8 of those are mules).

I think that it is a great feat overall. Works great on the way up, when it is no longer best feat in slot for what you are doing, you talk to that Fred guy and forget all about that "past life nonsense"

As far as pay to win, I love it. Hope turbine makes a lot of money.

I do not engage in p2w myself, unless you count buying new adventure packs, expansions, classes. etc. For me I feel like playing is winning.

And really if you think about it, buying some character power off the DDO store as a newb is about the same as getting a bunch of stuff bought off the vendors and auction house for your broke noob butt when I am one of my plat toons.

On top of that, who would you really want to play with more?

Someone who is a total noob with absolutely nothing, needs a share to the explorer area? Or

Someone who at least had the sense to spend some time and money to figure out how to pay to win?

Thanks and have a great day!
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    As an aside, our player concurrency numbers didn't show any kind of dip. Player numbers have been fairly consistent and healthy throughout the champions introduction. Sev~

Default Big fan of buying Completionist 3

Like title says "I'm a big fan of buying triple completionist, or any completionist period."

This is, like all mmo's a simple game.
    Like checkers.. at some point you're just not gonna get any better at it, and that point doesn't take long to reach.

Do you think playing thru this game 30+ times makes you better than another? Nah. Innate skill can easily make all the difference... unless, like TR allows, you can have a more powerful character by investing more time/money than another.

So, it comes down to time vs money. Guaranteed i can buy (considering my effective $/hr rate) triple completionist significantly faster than playing for it.

So, if you can buy triple completionist faster than playing for it, then you are doing better IRL and you deserve it more than the player playing for it.

After all, your benefit to this society makes playing this game far more possible than all you wonderful people sitting on your ends hours upon hours end playing for triple completionist.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackheartox View Post
    Just imagine it being passive and stackable 3 times or just passive alone.. Severely overpowerd
    Would sell a lot more otto boxes.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast