Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Well this kind of thing is the precise reason why I am still premium, I cancelled my vip subscription a long time ago. I'll admit that I was tempted by the current offer of free epic HOW for vips, but until this company figures out how to do customer service properly or maintain a product that won't require it, I will spend no more money on this game. I'm glad I didn't take their most recent bait. Providing an estimated down time within the same order of magnitude of the actual down time is what proper customer service looks like.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by dirtydigger7out View Post
    While I agree with you that letting them fix it right is def better. You seem to be forgetting one huge point of fact.
    while "it sucks for us as players" we pay money for this game and expect that the money we pay will keep the game
    up and running relativity contestant. And "as for the ops team and developers it is a frikking nightmare" please try to keep in mind
    they get payed to do there job part of which is knowing if hardware is compatible and doing test to ensure that the servers will not go down.
    The only time's that it is acceptable for the servers to go down are scheduled maintenance and if the ISP goes down. Other than that someone
    who works for the company is not doing there job.
    Hardware dies on occasion. In these times where virtualization is the standard (And I'm one of the few dinosaurs out there who hats the fact that people think that virtual servers are the be-all and end-all (But that is a topic for another rant.)) a single RAID controller falling over can bring everything down. And it does happen. Then you replace the bloody thing with the latest model and make (because they have stopped making the original and the documentation says they are 100% replaceable) but the new one needs V4.543C of the firmware but the old one had V4.543A but the new version doesn't quite play the same with the SAN and you find yourself scouring the net for a work-around while some f'ing suit is sending abusive emails about downtime costing salaries and heads rolling and the only thing you can find via Google is one person who had the same problem posted on the hardware manufacturers forums four months ago but nobody replied to him...

Welcome to reality.

Community Member

you all should try playing dnd the original game setting up takes forever just to play for 2 hours after putting in time to make up a dungeon the monsters npcs and everyone toons which takes about 4 hours if your all vet's at the game if you have one noob it takes alot longer just wait or try looking up adnd or dnd rule books and read them

Quote Originally Posted by mrsharp0101 View Post
    I get that it has to go down for maintenance, i even get that they need to restart them. I just wish it would come back up now, its been well over 5 hours, with that much downtime not planned, can we at least get a good detailed message as whats wrong and when everything MIGHT be back up? so give us more then a hardware issue and we are restarting everything... like it will be 3 more hours, and one of the macros contained inside the log in program became corrupted and has been fixed... this kind of message would be helpful and maybe reduce the flak for all this downtime... it makes you look like you have no idea when it will be fixed and your a bunch of monkeys bashing on frames...lol

to all of us waiting may our time go by fast.
    3 hours, albeit feels like 5 hours. 3 hours are too much, though.

That´s why good IT support always has a fail-safe necromancer at hand for any hamsters that die to make them work again.

Quote Originally Posted by ajstyles65 View Post
    What if we don't wanna work out or run what if we just want to be lazy n game on our days off?
    LOTRO, NWO, Path of Exile, Tera.

All good timesinks to keep you occupied. NWO and Tera are even 'active' combat games, so if you ignore the drawbacks of a lot of the actual game, the combat is quite enjoyable if you're just looking to kill a few hours.

Or go catch up on The Guild. That's probably what I'm gonna do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    The best of the best DDO players generally overperform when given a real challenge

Quote Originally Posted by dandonk View Post
    just in case someone missed it: Are we there yet?

(no down time thread should be without it)
    buuuuuut daaaaaaaaaaaaaad i gotta peepee!

Community Member cherokee83pride's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    We are working to resolve a hardware issue prior to spinning up the game worlds, and will keep you updated.

/Facepalm Now shows all worlds in bright red as CLOSED....

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Brendael View Post
    Hardware dies on occasion. In these times where virtualization is the standard (And I'm one of the few dinosaurs out there who hats the fact that people think that virtual servers are the be-all and end-all (But that is a topic for another rant.)) a single RAID controller falling over can bring everything down. And it does happen. Then you replace the bloody thing with the latest model and make (because they have stopped making the original and the documentation says they are 100% replaceable) but the new one needs V4.543C of the firmware but the old one had V4.543A but the new version doesn't quite play the same with the SAN and you find yourself scouring the net for a work-around while some f'ing suit is sending abusive emails about downtime costing salaries and heads rolling and the only thing you can find via Google is one person who had the same problem posted on the hardware manufacturers forums four months ago but nobody replied to him...

Welcome to reality.
    Hey my VAX11750 still works fine

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel137 View Post
    Well this kind of thing is the precise reason why I am still premium, I cancelled my vip subscription a long time ago. I'll admit that I was tempted by the current offer of free epic HOW for vips, but until this company figures out how to do customer service properly or maintain a product that won't require it, I will spend no more money on this game. I'm glad I didn't take their most recent bait. Providing an estimated down time within the same order of magnitude of the actual down time is what proper customer service looks like.
    I've tried a lot, and I mean A WHOLE LOT of MMOs, and frankly, they're all the same. It's just a thing that happens. No one gives out detailed information. Everyone has downtime. Most have more. Can you just imagine?

"Oh yeah, we had a port attack at 6632, and it just blew the heck out of the number two swtich and took down five servers. Boy, thank good that no one else knows about it, or we'll go down a lot more often until we code a catch for that little loop hole. But we tell all of you this because there's absolutely no chance of a griefer on OUR game" - said no MMO admin, ever.
    Alesthane - Chorwynt - Glyndwyr - Hasta - Azzad - Chereneko - Threesee - Ziggystar - Pfipher - Zaathras - MajorisUrsa - Eichenauer - Cherneko - Kwayzaar - Gweirwyn - RedArray - Arbengwr - Aryett - Bhokz - Escobhaul - Formerprez - Maarkenward - MacDoel - MacIntyre - Ritterstan = Khyber

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by sir-odin View Post
    you all should try playing dnd the original game setting up takes forever just to play for 2 hours after putting in time to make up a dungeon the monsters npcs and everyone toons which takes about 4 hours if your all vet's at the game if you have one noob it takes alot longer just wait or try looking up adnd or dnd rule books and read them
    Yes but then there is also BEER!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by thesiuscadol View Post
    Hey my VAX11750 still works fine
    Wish I could say the same about my prostate*

*Sorry, I may have been drinking wee bit while I wait.

Community Manager

The worlds have reopened, and we'll see you in-game!
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!

looks like argo is back up
    Main characters: Usually on Rhyes, Miniryse or Legolass
    I'm rich! filthy rich! /runs off to AH
    /cry! I'm poor! flat broke!

Community Member

Default true

Quote Originally Posted by Nestroy View Post
    3 hours, albeit feels like 5 hours. 3 hours are too much, though.

That´s why good IT support always has a fail-safe necromancer at hand for any hamsters that die to make them work again.
    yes 3 hours is much to long, when you look though the code yourself it might take 3 hours amongst all the swimming letters, numbers, and symbols. the 3 hours might seem too short when its 450 lines long. anyways the point was to give us more info then it will be up soon {ish} and we are starting the servers.

Good job! Musta been a nasty bug.

Community Member

Default Argonessen up

But I play on Khyber!
    He left the name, at which the world grew pale.

Math never helps solve problems, it only further complicates them.

Default Getting closer?

Argonnessen is up. Hopefully that's a good sign.
    CreepinDeth on Orien
    CharlotD HarlotHealer on Orien
    WakeUpDead Wrathchild on Orien

Community Member

Default Only one IS

Only Argonnessen is open. what about the rest?

Quote Originally Posted by rohmer View Post
    Good job! Musta been a nasty bug.
    Well, Argonnessen is up, Cannith seems to be a bit slacking

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast