Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
    Community Member

What if we don't wanna work out or run what if we just want to be lazy n game on our days off?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by ajstyles65 View Post
    what if we don't wanna work out or run what if we just want to be lazy n game on our days off?
    gw2

Quote Originally Posted by Gizeh View Post

So do most people in other countries. When exactly is "during the day" again?
    Don't feed the troll

Quote Originally Posted by Derana View Post
    if you are refering to the happening of early this year (january i think).. that were 3 days downtime "only"... cant remember "a week and a half" in 3 years of playing ddo.
    But those three days felt like a week and a half.

Community Member

is closed better then down?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by thesiuscadol View Post
    it means they are back up but closed since we are so mean and hurt their feelers

Hero

Quote Originally Posted by dirtydigger7out View Post
    Seriously you get more and more Ignorant as the days go by.
    He said most ppl work during the day not all.
    Are you really going to dispute that 83% of the entire world population that work, work during daylight hours?
    You might want to read what you r responding to and do a little investigating before u open your mouth and just say
    random trash to hear yourself type.
    Lol @ the new guy or more than likely the ALT account. Lets break this down.

Daytime is relative to where you are. Sure most work during daylight, but daylight here isn't necessarily daylight somewhere else.

Ignorant is posting that since it's midday here, most people should be at work regardless of where you are (the person he quoted didn't have a location so it could have been anywhere). Rude is him saying "You should try it" and that's mostly what I was responding to.

Nice try.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by thesiuscadol View Post
    I would guess, yes. Down means cant be seen, gone. Closed means can be seen just isn't accepting new connections right now. (so up but not active)

just guessing though.

Default !

Quote Originally Posted by Brendael View Post
    This is unfortunate but I'm in the software development industry and I work on complex client/server architectures. Servers going BOOM! are one of your worst nightmares. If it is a piece of hardware you rapidly learn that there are minor incompatibilities between hardware that should just work when you replace it. You need to make sure that no data has been corrupted, you need to check that various systems are still communicating with each other...

Rather just let Turbine take their time otherwise we could be sitting with an even bigger nightmare further down the line.

It ucks for us players, for the ops team and developers it is a frikking nightmare.
    While I agree with you that letting them fix it right is def better. You seem to be forgetting one huge point of fact.
    while "it sucks for us as players" we pay money for this game and expect that the money we pay will keep the game
    up and running relativity contestant. And "as for the ops team and developers it is a frikking nightmare" please try to keep in mind
    they get payed to do there job part of which is knowing if hardware is compatible and doing test to ensure that the servers will not go down.
    The only time's that it is acceptable for the servers to go down are scheduled maintenance and if the ISP goes down. Other than that someone
    who works for the company is not doing there job.
    Smash and Grab

Quote Originally Posted by Gizeh View Post

So do most people in other countries. When exactly is "during the day" again?
    Oh. I see.

You mean there are other people outside USA ?

Never thought about it.
    Aezechiel (Caster, 8th life) - Kakophonyc (Bard, 2nd life) - Larsenkarden (Cleric, 3rd life) - Lewela (Bard, 6th life) - Punkcanard (dual deathnip centered halfling tempest 3rd life) - Usuldur (Melee, completionist) - Sylentbob (ranger) ... and a couple of mules

“It seemed to me,' said Wonko the Sane, 'that any civilization that had so far lost its head as to need to include a set of detailed instructions for use in a package of toothpicks, was no longer a civilization in which I could live and stay sane.”
    Douglas Adams, So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

Community Member

I was going with they got hardware in place and are now in process of booting.

Quote Originally Posted by nightowl5 View Post
    Should get a refund. I pay for VIP and it seems it is always down or having problems when I have the time to play. DDO is down too much.
    Well met!
    Try reading the agreement you clicked ok on. Yes they are down a lot it seems, but when you consider they are usually on 24/7/365 its a pretty small fraction of time they are down. This game is getting very old, very complex and very intertwined. I hate the down time when I'm free to play but it's going to happen. If you can't live with it you need to find another, newer game that probably will have problems of its own. Good luck.

Community Member

Been 3 hours now.. tired of waiting around for this stupid game.. I'm off to read a book..

They'll be up when they're up. It's not like ST:O's weekly outage+slow as molasses update, or when they are up, not like the snooze fest or nothing to do romps in SWTOR or Champions or DC Online.

So today I move from "lazy" and playing DDO, to "ultralazy" and bingewatch Babylon 5. Don't try this kids at home, I'm a professional.
    Alesthane - Chorwynt - Glyndwyr - Hasta - Azzad - Chereneko - Threesee - Ziggystar - Pfipher - Zaathras - MajorisUrsa - Eichenauer - Cherneko - Kwayzaar - Gweirwyn - RedArray - Arbengwr - Aryett - Bhokz - Escobhaul - Formerprez - Maarkenward - MacDoel - MacIntyre - Ritterstan = Khyber

Default dang

I ran out of funny cat videos on Utube to watch...

The HORROR!

Well, since I am currently at work and will be for several more hours, carry on Turbine.

Just make sure it's up by the time I get home, get done Christmas shopping, and have the kids in bed.
    Ok? Thanks.

<-Curelite Bottling Company->

Quote Originally Posted by Chilldude
    Dude, did you see they way that guy just pressed button 1? It was amazing! A display of skill unseen since the 1984 World Games where in the men's room, between events, a man washed his hands with such unbridled majesty that people were claiming the faucet he used was OP.

Quote Originally Posted by RUB View Post
    I ran out of funny cat videos on Utube to watch...

The HORROR!
    On to the funny dog vids!

Default No sence

Quote Originally Posted by Drwaz99 View Post
    Lol @ the new guy or more than likely the ALT account. Lets break this down.

Daytime is relative to where you are. Sure most work during daylight, but daylight here isn't necessarily daylight somewhere else.

Ignorant is posting that since it's midday here, most people should be at work regardless of where you are (the person he quoted didn't have a location so it could have been anywhere). Rude is him saying "You should try it" and that's mostly what I was responding to.

Nice try.
    He clearly typed "most people in this country". to which you responded with random trash that basicaly no most ppl dont. Just to see yourself post on the forms
    nothing in the small and to the point sentance he posted was incorrect in anyway.Yet you felt the need to input your "opinion" which i might add was in no way supported by a single
    fact. and as to you insinuating that I am the new guy / alt account what does it matter if i am?
    Smash and Grab

The Hatchery
    2014 & 2016 DDO Players Council

Just in case someone missed it: Are we there yet?

(no down time thread should be without it)
    <seemingly offensive Army of Darkness quote>

Community Member

Default Grrrr

I get that it has to go down for maintenance, i even get that they need to restart them. I just wish it would come back up now, its been well over 5 hours, with that much downtime not planned, can we at least get a good detailed message as whats wrong and when everything MIGHT be back up? so give us more then a hardware issue and we are restarting everything... like it will be 3 more hours, and one of the macros contained inside the log in program became corrupted and has been fixed... this kind of message would be helpful and maybe reduce the flak for all this downtime... it makes you look like you have no idea when it will be fixed and your a bunch of monkeys bashing on frames...lol

to all of us waiting may our time go by fast.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast