Default Bladeforged Ideas

I have a WF Warchanter (16B/4F) that has some pretty nice gear (GS and such as this is his second life). I think I would like to try my hand a third life and really like the thought of a Bladeforged. I don't have to go pure Pally, but I don't know what kind of ideas are running around in forum-world and thought this was as good of a place to inquire.

So, thought or links on Bladeforged builds? I don't know if I am willing to buy a LR+1, so I may be stuck with the one level of Pally, but other than that, I am pretty open to anything.

Thanks!

my advice is do it.

whatever build you come up with as long as you have spell points for repair you should be fine.

Default Builds!

I do plan on TR-ing him. I am curious on possible builds and don't want to completely screw him up!

I have one pally past life. Note that he still has his LR+20 heart, so could use this for any other past life.

Here's what I don't want with a Bladeforged - an archer. Other than that, I think I am open. Just need some ideas other than "Pally 20".

Thanks!

If your going for comp, you could go barb and get that flippn nightmare out of the way. Pretty much that and pally because everything else is pretty easy to go pure or multi easily to level.

Unless ur going to stay a bit then you could go jugger, or even that centered cleaver thing only with the saves. Casters pretty much the obvious choice. You could go a pally splash but really the whole reason for deep splashing the pally is survivability. Most builds I can think of build manyshot in there for a burst.

I know somewhere in the class section people made a list of u19 builds they were all throwing together. I remember some using a blade forged as well in there.
    Last edited by goodspeed; 12-20-2013 at 12:12 AM.
    Through avarice, evil smiles; through insanity, it sings.

Community Member

Default yeah

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasHunter View Post
    I do plan on TR-ing him. I am curious on possible builds and don't want to completely screw him up!

I have one pally past life. Note that he still has his LR+20 heart, so could use this for any other past life.

Here's what I don't want with a Bladeforged - an archer. Other than that, I think I am open. Just need some ideas other than "Pally 20".

Thanks!
    if ya want melee 8ftr/6pal/6monk or 12ftr/6monk/2pal is hard to beat, str based with decent charisma for saves and div might.

8pal/6ranger/6monk is pretty nice for the paladin past life, decent dps, hard to kill and manyshot opt.

casterwise the obvious is 18sorc/2pal shiradi, possibly with 2 monk added in, but anything you come up with that has some slas will work well enough.

a fun hybrid tank ive been messing with lately is 12wiz/6pal/2monk.

Default Interesting

Interesting for sure. I am not going for completionist, just doing something fun and different and kind of "fixing" the current character.

Since he has a spell point GS item and a Min2 GS great sword, maybe I'll finally check out the wizard with the pally splash. Time to study up on the arcane trees! Hope Ron and team get to an update soon!!!

Quote Originally Posted by goodspeed View Post
    If your going for comp, you could go barb and get that flippn nightmare out of the way. .
    If he isn't willing to do an LR+1 and on top of that an alignment change, then barb, druid and bard are all out of the question on a bladeforged life.
    Kobold never forgive....kobold remember waterworks.

Quote Originally Posted by KookieKobold View Post
    i'll be putting a bug into our system.

I have a WF Warchanter (16B/4F) that has some pretty nice gear (GS and such as this is his second life). I think I would like to try my hand a third life and really like the thought of a Bladeforged. I don't have to go pure Pally, but I don't know what kind of ideas are running around in forum-world and thought this was as good of a place to inquire.

So, thought or links on Bladeforged builds? I don't know if I am willing to buy a LR+1, so I may be stuck with the one level of Pally, but other than that, I am pretty open to anything.

Thanks!
    18 Sorc / 2 Baldefoged Pally. Lots of those running around.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by kinggartk View Post
    18 Sorc / 2 Baldefoged Pally. Lots of those running around.
    Can't lose with that. You can do EE first life without a problem, you blast thru everything else, very much an easy button if that's what you are looking for. I really haven't seen any other builds I am blown away with. Yes, there is always grab one with the blade builds but those aren't specifically related to BF. The challenge with the BF is a funny one, it has a real nice tree but it's hindered by being a paladin which everyone has to work around because paladins are subpar to most people.

Default Makes sense

Alright, since I haven't played an arcane build before (and I'll probably experiment a bit since I typically play divine casters), can you point me to a build and kind of some tips/tricks in playing such a character? Sorry for all the questions, but I am trying to learn a brand new build here!

If I had to guess, I would think that this would utilize the EK tree and heavily rely on the bonus of Divine Might from the Pally tree?

Community Member AestorTheKnight's Avatar

Alright, since I haven't played an arcane build before (and I'll probably experiment a bit since I typically play divine casters), can you point me to a build and kind of some tips/tricks in playing such a character? Sorry for all the questions, but I am trying to learn a brand new build here!

If I had to guess, I would think that this would utilize the EK tree and heavily rely on the bonus of Divine Might from the Pally tree?
    The guys suggesting 18 Sorceror / 2 Paladin are not suggesting an Eldritch Knight melee build at all. They are suggesting a caster build as far as I can tell.

18 Sorceror / 2 Paladin would make a pretty crappy melee build.

18 Sorceror / 2 Paladin is a caster build that would utilise Draconic Incarnation or Shiradi Champion to do big arcane DPS.

If you want a melee build, you need to take more levels in a melee class to provide you with more melee based special abilities.

You've said you don't want to make an archer. But do you want to make a Caster or a Melee?

Making a melee build that splash's some Wizard or Sorceror levels for Eldritch Knight is certainly a viable option.
    So in everything, do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Cannith: Arqa - Celduin - Gnossos - and others.

Community Member AestorTheKnight's Avatar

My Bladeforge build last life was 12 Fighter / 6 Monk / 2 Favored Soul.

Yes, I used a +1 Lesser Heart of Wood to remove the Paladin Level. The reason I did that was because I wanted to utilise Divine Might, but in order do that as a Paladin, you need
    Turn Undead. The Paladin version of Divine Might uses Turn Undead uses to activate. But Paladins are not granted the Turn Undead Feat until level 4. Which means that 2 Paladin
    Levels is not enough to use Divine Might as a Paladin. The only way you can use Divine Might with only 2 Paladin Levels is to Epic Twist in Bane of Undeath from the Unyielding Sentinel Epic Destiny.
    That's not too difficult but uses up an Epic Twist Slot, and is also only usable at levels 20+ which means with only 2 Paladin Levels, you don't have Divine Might levels 15-20.

Also, the Paladin 'Knight of The Chalice' Enhancement Tree requires a much larger number of Action Points to fully unlock Divine Might. It costs 11 Action Points to unlock Divine Might tier 3 on the Paladin
    KoTC Enhancment Tree. Where as it only costs 4 Action Points to fully unlock Divine Might on the Warpriest Enhancement Tree.

Also, to use Reconstruct you need spell points. 2 Paladin levels will not provide enough Spell Points to use Reconstruct consistantly. Even with a Archmagi Item you will find yourself often short on SP.

That's why I opted out of the Paladin levels on my BladeForge Melee Build.

However, there are ton's of other options out there for you.
    So in everything, do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Cannith: Arqa - Celduin - Gnossos - and others.

Default Whoa

Egads! That is why I posed the question. This was almost a complete character waste without that information!

More melee? Not necessarily, although I don't mind it either. I thought that EK allowed an arcane caster a chance to do some melee stuff. Is that not correct?

I really love my FvS TWF that is patterned after a build that Impaqt posted a couple of years ago. I like that I can add to the melee and also do some casting. I guess typically with DP, but there are definitely other things in my bag of tricks.

In theory, I was thinking of the arcane analog except THF using a greatsword.

So if that isn't viable, which caster to play? I've seen the lightning sorcs that seem amazing along with the ice sorcs that seem to do quite well. Do you use a sword at all to melee?

Ack, one answer leads to so many more questions. In my head, I guess I want the EK to work where you can melee and do some CC (like my FvS and even druid for that matter).

Community Member

Yes, 18/2 suggestion was for a caster. It doesn't really matter what element you pick, all Sorcs will melt things. I would got with whatever SLAs you like to cast the most. If you have never played an arcane before and don't know then just pick one you can't really go wrong and you can always respect. I have used the EK tree with a Pm and its pretty fun. With a BF sorc you would need to take fighter levels though because you'll need feats. So something like a 12 sorc/6 fighter/2 paladin. In that case you'll want to be force based since the force spells like your missles don't have dc checks. That assumes running in LD destiny though so you are more melee than anything else and since sorcs have fewer spell options than a Wiz not sure if this what you want. If you are gonna melee though you'll want the full THF chain, cleaves up to OC.