Thread: Cookie jar

Community Member

Default Cookie jar

So..I was about to buy the large cookie jar since I am sick of having bank mules for everything... What a surprise. Bound to character again. Why? What is the reason (and don't tell me money cause that makes no sense. I want to move around ONE jar with all cookies to characters that need them)? Same with bags. I bought the colossal one for my main but there are also large ones in the game so it is not such a problem since I can pass it via shared bank (which means I can move around up to 80 different ingredients at once).

2014 DDO Players Council

/signed

Please change ALL bound-to-character DDO-Store-purchased containers to bound-to-account. Including retroactively for already-purchased bags.

2015 DDO Players Council
    Axel's DDO Channel

It's a money making thing. They want you to buy one for each character.

Should they be BtA? Who knows. There's a lot of differing opinions as to what point Turbine is justified in charging us for items and at what point they aren't.

In my opinion cookies should just go into ingredient bags like most other things. Giving out free coins and then requiring you to spend money in the DDOstore or experience a huge storage headache to use them is not right. I would also be fine with them giving us a way to earn Cookie Jars in game.

I was going to buy one but decided against it since they're BtC and it will permanently burn another inventory slot. I'm just going to sell my coins. I already have had to give up stuff like alternative gear setups because of space limitations.
    Last edited by axel15810; 12-19-2013 at 02:29 PM.

Click the banner above to get to my DDO youtube channel

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by axel15810 View Post
    I don't get it. I was going to buy one so I could move around all cookies at once and not one by one. After I have read that jars are BTC, I am not going to. And I think that more people are thinking about it same way as I do. Doesn't sound like a money maker to me, Turbine.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by axel15810 View Post
    Actually, the bags were all bta back when they were first introduced. They made the bags btc (retroactively!) when people started using them to move btc ingredients around.

Community Member FlaviusMaximus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by somethingtosay View Post
    So..I was about to buy the large cookie jar since I am sick of having bank mules for everything... What a surprise. Bound to character again. Why?
    Cookie jars have magical properties that bind them to people. Everybody knows this. Duh.

Founder

Quote Originally Posted by somethingtosay View Post
    I don't get it. I was going to buy one so I could move around all cookies at once and not one by one. After I have read that jars are BTC, I am not going to. And I think that more people are thinking about it same way as I do. Doesn't sound like a money maker to me, Turbine.
    This argument has been used by many people (including myself) regarding all of the BtC "containers" in the store since they introduced the first BtC bag. The only logical conclusion is that Turbine has enough people buying the BtC containers for multiple characters to make it worthwhile to keep them BtC. If so, there is no way they will change it. It may look like "most" people on the forums are of the same opinion, but the forums only represent ~5% of the players - who knows what the rest of them are willing to spend money on :{

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by GotSomeQuestions View Post
    Actually, the bags were all bta back when they were first introduced. They made the bags btc (retroactively!) when people started using them to move btc ingredients around.

Except they've fixed that issue now by making BTA bags temporarily BTC while there are any BTC items in them. So the reason for making the bags BTC no longer applies.

they are all just interns. only so much they can do. hell give a ape a apollo rocket, they cant fix it...

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fnordian View Post
    Except they've fixed that issue now by making BTA bags temporarily BTC while there are any BTC items in them. So the reason for making the bags BTC no longer applies.
    Except that was bugged this way or the other several times already.

On the second thought... are there any BtC/BtA cookies?

I only bought one cookie jar because I was miffed they were btc. I had planned on getting a couple and using one of the cookie jars to pass cookies around to my alts efficiently. That is what I do with ingredients, except I use in-game bags *sigh* as the store ones are btc. Once I saw that cookie jar was also btc, I didn't buy another, just one to turn it all my coins 2 years ago. FYI I have never been all excited to login during the winter event since. They even stole my excitement for Mabar this year :|. And more excitement to login = more time in game = more moneyz spent on frivolous things from the store.

Instead PSO2 has been spamming 5 different Emergency Quests in the last month and has been running stuff every two hours that is so good we're complaining that we can't do any of our boring old farming what with all this XP and loots and fun events raining upon us. We come home and login immediately for the scheduled or random event and giggle like fools. And you know what? They did a Xmas and a new year's scratch (incoming) and we all bought the outfits cause we saw all sorts of cool stuff being worn by others and we wanted it too. If they wouldn't be tempting us so hard to be on the game, we wouldn't have spent anything. And it's a nuisance and a half trying to give a Japanese company moneyz!

I should go to that jester to get rid of the silly coins from my bags at least, but I don't even remember which character had the cookie jar!
    Toons on Orien:
    Daemonav Atreides: WF artificer (TR 2/14)////Irullan Atreides: human FvS (TR 2/?!?)////Lorrellei Atreides: human ice/acid sorcerer////Aliademon Atreides: elf PM necro/enchant wizzie (TR 2/8)

Quote Originally Posted by MindCakes View Post
    Except that was bugged this way or the other several times already.

On the second thought... are there any BtC/BtA cookies?
    Ahmmm I've received cookies from friends all the time before... so I doubt any are bound.
    Toons on Orien:
    Daemonav Atreides: WF artificer (TR 2/14)////Irullan Atreides: human FvS (TR 2/?!?)////Lorrellei Atreides: human ice/acid sorcerer////Aliademon Atreides: elf PM necro/enchant wizzie (TR 2/8)

2014 DDO Players Council Flavilandile's Avatar

Cookies are unbound, the cookie jar has always been BTC.
    I have been scammed the first year it was introduced... Since then I always check the binding status of what I buy in the Store. BTC is a big DO NOT BUY sign for me.
    On G-Land : Flavilandile, Blacklock, Yaelle, Millishande, Larilandile, Gildalinde, Tenalafel, and many other...

Pirate Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Flavilandile View Post
    Cookies are unbound, the cookie jar has always been BTC.
    I have been scammed the first year it was introduced... Since then I always check the binding status of what I buy in the Store. BTC is a big DO NOT BUY sign for me.
    Same here. I once bought a cookie jar to gather cookies and pass to whatever alt could use them, found it was btc, and never have nor ever will buy another storage item in the shop again unless it's bta or unbound. Turbine is completely entitled to do whatever they want with the binding status of stuff they offer in the store, but if they choose to make it btc, I choose not to buy it.

Greetz,
    Red Orm

Community Member moomooprincess's Avatar

Turbine could go back to the first Festivult when no cookie jar existed. That way the forum player base won't be able to complain about it.

I purchased one cookie jar for one character and just ship the cookies from him to other characters.

How many of the cookies are really worth anything? The best ones were the first year when we had Raise Dead, Disintegrate, Level Drain, etc. Back then, I could sell my two twigs for 60,000 plat each.
    Recipemaker Guild: Top Chef School of Recipes

Event Statistics: Risia, Festivult, Midwinter, Daily Dice, Mimic Hunt

Community Member Phaeton_Seraph's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by moomooprincess View Post
    Turbine could go back to the first Festivult when no cookie jar existed. That way the forum player base won't be able to complain about it.

I purchased one cookie jar for one character and just ship the cookies from him to other characters.

How many of the cookies are really worth anything? The best ones were the first year when we had Raise Dead, Disintegrate, Level Drain, etc. Back then, I could sell my two twigs for 60,000 plat each.
    The jump one (Syriana cake?), is awesome.

There's the one that does Otto's disco ball, then there's the one that does meteor swarm and there's the one that gives slayer boosts. These all sound useful to me.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phaeton_Seraph View Post
    The jump one (Syriana cake?), is awesome.

There's the one that does Otto's disco ball, then there's the one that does meteor swarm and there's the one that gives slayer boosts. These all sound useful to me.
    Especially as you can nowadays just eat the slayer boosts and the durations go on stack, no inventory clutter... well, not sure if the counts-in-quests-too bug is still there but anyway.

A bunch of them are quite useful if you can spare the inventory space.
    No longer completely f2p as of November 2014. Father of 3 more DDO players so far (I do have more children than that).