Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Things that would you make running 3BC...

Here are mine:

Heroic:
    + Teleporters.
    + More slayer count (I usually hit 1500 before I have hit all the quests - very annoying!). Minimum would be 3k slayers.
    + alternatively to teleporters, I would settle for much better XP (factoring in the long run-on ways).

Epic:
    + Reuse the maps, if you have to, but give us new quests and a true epic raid!
    + Did I already mention teleporters?
    + Expanded wilderness with more and different monsters, slayers up to 7.5k total. No epicized Kobolds, please!!!
    + Please add competitive loot. The epic cutlass or galloshes will not do!

Quote Originally Posted by Nestroy View Post
    Here are mine:

Heroic:
    + Teleporters.
    + More slayer count (I usually hit 1500 before I have hit all the quests - very annoying!). Minimum would be 3k slayers.
    + alternatively to teleporters, I would settle for much better XP (factoring in the long run-on ways).

Epic:
    + Expanded wilderness with more and different monsters, slayers up to 7.5k total. No epicized Kobolds, please!!!
    I think that a year ago, I would have said a few teleporters combined with an xp increase to the lower quests would be fine. Now, with the xp changes and how easy it is to "once and done" quests, teleporters don't add much if you're only visiting the area once. A decent bump in xp to some of the quests that are lacking should do the trick.

I agree that the slayer count seems low for 3bc. I don't usually bother with it, but others find it fun so raising to 3000 seems like an easy change.

I don't like the two part quests because of the need to run back and forth so far. In this particular situation, I think teleporters might work. Perhaps if you're on part 2, you can be teleported directly to the quest entrance as you've obviously been there before to complete part 1.

For epic, I hope they reuse the map, at least mostly. If they want to add a few things to it to show the passage of time, I'm ok with that.

I wouldn't mind seeing some randomized roaming ships in the water areas. Have some named mobs spawn there with unique loot.

Please no epic "protect the noob NPC" quest. Let it rot in heroic or epicify the quest but with a different objective.
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

3bc makes me run 3bc.
    Dystopia = utopia achieved

Moving the quests to a different level range, maybe 10, not many level 10 quests. The main reason I skip 3bc is because I don't need to go there to get past that level range, even with once and done on elite.

As far as what would get me to run them on epic, vcomms or loot.

Epic:
    + Kraken raid, with good loot.
    We want more Monster Manuals.

Already run it every life. The xp out there may not be wonderful but I get favor and the xp earned banks my level. I even get some MM xp.
    Gary Gygax quotes

The essence of a role-playing game is that it is a group, cooperative experience.

There is no winning or losing, but rather the value is in the experience of imagining yourself as a character in whatever genre you are involved in, whether its a fantasy game, the Wild West, secret agents or whatever else. You get to sort of vicariously experience those things.

Role-playing isn't storytelling. If the dungeon master is directing it, its not a game.

When AI approximates Machine Intelligence, than many online and computer run RPGs will move toward actual RPG activity. Nonetheless, that will not replace the experience of "being there" anymore than seeing a theatrical motion picture can replace the stage play.

The secret we should never let the game masters know is that they don't need any rules.

Quote Originally Posted by redspecter23 View Post
    I think that a year ago, I would have said a few teleporters combined with an xp increase to the lower quests would be fine. Now, with the xp changes and how easy it is to "once and done" quests, teleporters don't add much if you're only visiting the area once. A decent bump in xp to some of the quests that are lacking should do the trick.

I agree that the slayer count seems low for 3bc. I don't usually bother with it, but others find it fun so raising to 3000 seems like an easy change.

I don't like the two part quests because of the need to run back and forth so far. In this particular situation, I think teleporters might work. Perhaps if you're on part 2, you can be teleported directly to the quest entrance as you've obviously been there before to complete part 1.

For epic, I hope they reuse the map, at least mostly. If they want to add a few things to it to show the passage of time, I'm ok with that.

I wouldn't mind seeing some randomized roaming ships in the water areas. Have some named mobs spawn there with unique loot.

Please no epic "protect the noob NPC" quest. Let it rot in heroic or epicify the quest but with a different objective.
    The XP is irrelevant. There's no gap in the present amount of XP available at that level to make running the content necessary if you don't like it. Increasing the XP so that it's the new bestest XP/Min quests just means 2 other packs won't get run.

More slayer for those that enjoy it, but that's just something to do, and doesn't fill a need or increase the appeal of the area.

For Epic, I hope they do something about Guard Duty. Revamping the whole quest like they did with Baudry's recently is in order.

The best thing they could do with the pack is bump the CRs on the mobs and make it a level 13 or 14 adventure area. Repurpose the pack to where there's a need for content, put it in range for iconics that might want use of it, and spread out the abilities some (I don't recall anything other than hobgoblins trying to use sleep on you. Once you're past them at level 5, you no longer need to worry about itemizing to protect against it)

While I like the idea of the area, I haven't been out there since they redid it. Simply too far to run out to missions, not enough xp, no good loot.
    Officer - Eternal Wrath
    Burne Level 20 Human Paladin
    Sarlona

Quote Originally Posted by Ovrad View Post
    Epic:
    /sarcasm on: Right. Then we can use the awesome underwater fighting mechanic that enriched the game so much in that one quest. /sarcasm off

On second thought, maybe we should use that mechanic more than once in the game. It would be funny to see a raid party go in and beat on him, and then have him perform an attack that flings everyone away.
    -Anything is possible....if you don't understand the problem.
    -Better to be perceived a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt.
    -Luck is simply a crossroads between circumstance and knowledge, both are things you can control.

2015 DDO Players Council
    Axel's DDO Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Nestroy View Post
    Here are mine:

Heroic:
    + Teleporters.

Epic:
    I'm fine without teleporters if they properly factor in the run time to quest in the quest's XP. I'd prefer it that way actually, artificially taking away the runs feels cheap to me.

I'm assuming they'll adjust the slayer count when the adventure area goes epic.

And I hope (but doubt) they add an epic pirate raid. However, I would settle for some nice new EN, EH, EE style loot that drops in the end chests. That's probably the route they'll go since it's way easier than creating an entire new raid. This loot plus big XP will give us a reason to run it.

Click the banner above to get to my DDO youtube channel
    Twitch page: www.twitch.tv/axel311
    Streaming DDO on Twitch, usually on Fridays @ 9PM Eastern

Quote Originally Posted by Systern View Post
    For Epic, I hope they do something about Guard Duty. Revamping the whole quest like they did with Baudry's recently is in order. )
    They could turn that into the kraken raid! After fighting off the pirate invasion a kraken attacks shatters the ship. We have to scramble to safety on floating debris, while the kraken attacks from below, pulling people underwater to randomly take them out of action until they get back to the surface.
    Last edited by Lonnbeimnech; 12-19-2013 at 01:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by axel15810 View Post
    And I hope (but doubt) they add an epic pirate raid..
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by Ovrad View Post
    Epic:

Mmmmm. Tentacles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    The best of the best DDO players generally overperform when given a real challenge

Ddoor or awesome here and in sorrowdusk.

Quote Originally Posted by fool101 View Post
    /sarcasm on: Right. Then we can use the awesome underwater fighting mechanic that enriched the game so much in that one quest. /sarcasm off
    Man it's been so long since I ran Fens I forgot about that. Yes. I remember the huge disappointment on that one. I thought they were going to fix the game so you could finally fight back against dogs standing fully submerged on the bottom of rivers biting your legs off while you yourself were only waist deep yet forced to tread water, but... no.

That one really was on a par with 'you'll be able to take paralyzing off one weapon and add it to another' when Cannith Crafting was in development. Poor Fernando. He just used to get so excited.

Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    The best of the best DDO players generally overperform when given a real challenge

More LFMs while at level would make me run more 3BC then I all ready do right now.
    I do see em pop every now and then and hit Join asap.

I find 3BC a lot of fun to explore, even more then once, for me the items that drop there are a nice bonus.

I'm looking forward to the Epicing (is that even a word?) of 3BC.... Arrrr!

One, two! One, two! and through and through. The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
    He left it dead, and with its head. He went galumphing back.

Quote Originally Posted by fTdOmen View Post
    Ddoor or awesome here and in sorrowdusk.
    Ddoor is a good workaround. My suggestion of adding an instant teleport just legitimizes the workaround and allows non casters to participate.
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

For me its easy I hate running for 5 minutes to get to a quest
    And then there is the back & forth for one of them that drives me craaaazzzzy

All I need is a permanent x5 movement speed out there

Quote Originally Posted by fool101 View Post

On second thought, maybe we should use that mechanic more than once in the game. It would be funny to see a raid party go in and beat on him, and then have him perform an attack that flings everyone away.
    [Sarcasm fail] I like "that one quest" quite a bit. Not among my top favorites, but definitely in the second tier. And yes, would love a kraken raid in Epic 3BC.
    "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

"Of course it is. Are YOU going to question beholder's artistic sense?"

Ddoor is a good workaround. My suggestion of adding an instant teleport just legitimizes the workaround and allows non casters to participate.
    D-door gets you to one specific place -- entrance to the quest, or in this case entrance to the wilderness area. If that's what you want, then it is almost as easy just to recall and re-enter.
    "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

"Of course it is. Are YOU going to question beholder's artistic sense?"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast