Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Community Member lipidoidal_maniac's Avatar

Default custom teleport anchors

I would really like to see custom teleport anchors we can set to a few public areas, settable with the /loc. Shouldn't necessarily allow planar travel. Your toon should be standing on the spot you want to save for later visits. 1 would be ok, but 4 would be sufficient IMO.
    Orien! Kerkos wiz-> sorc -> druid -> bard -> rogue ->
    monk ->ranger -> artificer -> favored soul -> paladin
    Blighttongue barb -> ranger -> fighter -> monk
    Seekn cleric -> fvs -> druid

Quote Originally Posted by lipidoidal_maniac View Post
    I would really like to see custom teleport anchors we can set to a few public areas, settable with the /loc. Shouldn't necessarily allow planar travel. Your toon should be standing on the spot you want to save for later visits. 1 would be ok, but 4 would be sufficient IMO.
    Definitely need more teleport options.
    Chaeos of Argonessen, Human Rogue/Fighter
    Please re-break AC differently.

Quote Originally Posted by lipidoidal_maniac View Post
    Been asking for this for years....see second signature link below.

Good luck getting anywhere with the Turbine folks...they apparently don't want our money or better game play.

But hey, that's probably why I stopped playing and only troll the Forums occasionaly now.
    Eliminate 'ninja' looting from DDO:http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=243939
    Bring teleport more inline with PnP:http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=403747
    Player made quests can work in DDO:http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=352498

This would fit in well with putting a Spirit Binder on the Guild air ships as a crew amenity. Both of these features could be introduced to the game simultaneously.

I know where I'd bind my teleport locations:

- House Deneith trainers / airship
    - House Kundarak guild vendors
    - House Cannith crafting hall (standing at bank)
    - House Jorasco teleporter
    - Marketplace epic trainer
    - Harbor on top of the favor dude's house; near risia ramp entrance
    - Necropolis tavern

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    I know where I'd bind my teleport locations:

- House Deneith trainers / airship
    - House Kundarak guild vendors
    - House Cannith crafting hall (standing at bank)
    - House Jorasco teleporter
    - Marketplace epic trainer
    - Harbor on top of the favor dude's house; near risia ramp entrance
    - Necropolis tavern
    -House P: Fine where it is
    -Portable Hole, Inspired Quarter, Gianthold, Orchard, Meridia and Zawabi's Refuge: All fine as they are.
    -House D: Airship Access
    -House K: Airship Access
    -House C: Tavern
    -House J: Graveyard Entrance/Airship/Mailbox Hub
    -Marketplace: You're asking for Lag with that Pool the Epic Trainer's Standing at - Airship Access would be my choice.
    -Harbour: Airship Access again.
    -Korthos Dock
    -The Twelve: Airship Access {BTW I have standing Lag EVERY time I recall to The Twelve from Vale or use Djinn from Meridia - No idea why!}

I'd like that guild ship and Teleporter would be connected, I mean somewhere they should be near each other.
    Same for Teleport spell, one of the landing points should be near guild ship.
    Last edited by TheRobai; 12-27-2013 at 03:44 PM. Reason: typo

Customizable teleport locations have been requested for years. Just plain keeping them updated was like pulling teeth for years until we just decided to drop the subject. Getting the meridia teleport was amazing when it happened. I'm not sure why it's so difficult to update the teleport spell, but it was never an easy thing to do.

Unfortunately, now that we have a cash store and astral shards, things like teleport locations tend toward monetization. It's an unfortunate hit against gameplay, but that's what Turbine wants. If you're ever going to see custom teleportation locations, my bet is that you'll be paying 15TP per teleport similar to ship portals now. Yes we could have our guild ships on the teleport spell list, but it won't happen because of the existence of store bought portals.
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

I'd gladly pay 1500 TP for an account-wide customizable teleport spell. Possibly as much as 2000 TP.

I'd gladly pay 1500 TP for an account-wide customizable teleport spell. Possibly as much as 2000 TP.
    Seconded!

Insert Picard Pic!

I don't. Stop this pay-to-convinience bs. I instead would like to use Teleport as it is stated in core rules. Which indicates a slightly different implementation for DDO, like several fixed locations you can unlock by travelling there and study (however that is done then), similar to map explorers. Which could be used as those fixed teleport spots, actually. Once you got the explorer you could port to them by using Teleport.

There are many good ideas to make this immersive, the stormhorns are an example. Ultimately it comes down to reworking old content, which might not be happening in close future, I guess.
    Last edited by zwiebelring; 12-27-2013 at 12:58 AM.
    Characters on Orien:
    Wanzer/ Klingtanz/ Incanta Superior/ Mercantus

Quote Originally Posted by zwiebelring View Post
    I don't. Stop this pay-to-convinience bs.
    I dislike your suggestion; it would not be nearly as nice as being able to choose my own locations. Stop this "give me everything for free" bs.

Why does my suggestion have to exclude the choice of my own anchors? If I had to design a city in a high magic world, I surely adapted the Wayfinder Guild, but used ingame plat. The dev.s probably made me turn in Astral Shards, and 2k TP for a already existing but only cut for DDO mechanic? No thanks. A little more communism would do this game great.
    Characters on Orien:
    Wanzer/ Klingtanz/ Incanta Superior/ Mercantus

Earth and and full time at work: I move 400 lb stainless steel Refrigerators with ease!

Neat Idea, but what happens when they change the landscape and the point we chose may be inside a wall in the future?
    This feature would not be customize-able. It would have to be spots that they designate for us to use so any future landscape changes won't be compromised. They pick for us spots that can be utilized and we decide which to use the anchor points for.

The teleport spell is lacking and needs updates for more locations. This spell needs to be modernized to fit the game. It is outdated.

Quote Originally Posted by zDragonz View Post
    Neat Idea, but what happens when they change the landscape and the point we chose may be inside a wall in the future?
    They could reset everyone's anchors whenever they make changes to existing public areas.

2015 DDO Players Council
    Axel's DDO Channel

We also need more teleport clicky options for melee/divines.

Could start by putting an airship portal in the temple of the sovereign host. Two loading screens and a 30 second run everytime you use word of recall is seriously annoying.

We need an additional teleport clicky or two. Maybe teleport potions (make them expensive, and perhaps a favor unlockable). I'm fine with keeping greater teleport and customizable telporting (if they ever come) exclusive to arcanes.

Click the banner above to get to my DDO youtube channel

They should add more spots.

In fact, every time they add a new area they should dot the i's and cross the t's and make a new tele spot.

Customizable locations might not work, too much room for things breaking and for exploits.

For example, setting your point right above a purple coin or something.

But why they resist putting bind spots in obvious convenient locations in favor of making us jog for a bit to get everywhere, I don't know.
    BONGO FURY - Ghallanda - Thingfish - Wizard, Diuni - Ninja, Gheale - Angel, Dullknife - Tank, Noodlefish - Gimp, Jaquaby - Treacherous and other gimps I won't cop to.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by phillymiket View Post
    They should add more spots.

In fact, every time they add a new area they should dot the i's and cross the t's and make a new tele spot.

Customizable locations might not work, too much room for things breaking and for exploits.

For example, setting your point right above a purple coin or something.

But why they resist putting bind spots in obvious convenient locations in favor of making us jog for a bit to get everywhere, I don't know.
    Meh. You can just wing to the purple coin and repeat anyways. :P
    Orien: ~Erofen (28 Assassin Rogue) ~Erostorage (16 PM Wizard) ~Erofenmonk (28 Light Monk) ~Erofentrap (24 Roguerficer (1st TR/Legend Build ever)) ~Erofenbarb (28 Barb) ~Erofenbless (28 FvS Chest Blesser) ~Erofenthree (28 Cleric Dualbox) ~Erofenten (20 Barb Triplebox)
    Quote Originally Posted by MadFloyd View Post
    Um, I'm almost afraid to ask, but exactly just what is 'sneak humping'? Kex! Stop It! O.o

Thumbs up

/Signed
    Orien: ~Erofen (28 Assassin Rogue) ~Erostorage (16 PM Wizard) ~Erofenmonk (28 Light Monk) ~Erofentrap (24 Roguerficer (1st TR/Legend Build ever)) ~Erofenbarb (28 Barb) ~Erofenbless (28 FvS Chest Blesser) ~Erofenthree (28 Cleric Dualbox) ~Erofenten (20 Barb Triplebox)
    Quote Originally Posted by MadFloyd View Post
    Um, I'm almost afraid to ask, but exactly just what is 'sneak humping'? Kex! Stop It! O.o

Quote Originally Posted by axel15810 View Post
    We also need more teleport clicky options for melee/divines.

Could start by putting an airship portal in the temple of the sovereign host. Two loading screens and a 30 second run everytime you use word of recall is seriously annoying.

We need an additional teleport clicky or two. Maybe teleport potions (make them expensive, and perhaps a favor unlockable). I'm fine with keeping greater teleport and customizable telporting (if they ever come) exclusive to arcanes.
    My melees and divines UMD both teleport and greater teleport scrolls.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast