Community Member

Default ICONIC IDEAS consolidated

so with turbine going the path of the iconic, i thought that we could consolidate all of our iconic ideas into one thread, instead of leaving them willynilly all over the place in the forum. please post ur ideas for iconics in this threads and bump this thread to keep it alive guys!

my idea first idea for an iconic would be a Red wizard of thay type, a pretty well known type of wizard featured in the baldurs gate series and elsewhere, they focus on a particular school of magic and have greater saves vs it as well as more use of metamagics (if memory serves) if someone wants to more thoroughly flesh this idea out feel free

Quote Originally Posted by banjomarx View Post
    so with turbine going the path of the iconic, i thought that we could consolidate all of our iconic ideas into one thread, instead of leaving them willynilly all over the place in the forum. please post ur ideas for iconics in this threads and bump this thread to keep it alive guys!

my idea first idea for an iconic would be a Red wizard of thay type, a pretty well known type of wizard featured in the baldurs gate series and elsewhere, they focus on a particular school of magic and have greater saves vs it as well as more use of metamagics (if memory serves) if someone wants to more thoroughly flesh this idea out feel free
    Harper Half Elf Bard and Gatekeeper Orc Druid seem fairly obvious. I like the idea of a Red Wizard because their bald heads, head tattoos and red robes could make for some very interesting cosmetic choices.

well with Anauroch coming next year... the Zhentarim is present in force... makes sense that an Iconic Red Wizard be introduced.

Turbine has already mentioned that they are considering a Drizzt Do'Urden type Forgotten Realms Drow ranger, a Harper witch (probably a sorcerer), or alternately a dwarven battle ranger. I think the plan is to eventually have 13 Iconics for each of the 13 core classes. This would also allow an Iconic Completionist Feat.

We have an Iconic for the Paladin, Rogue, Cleric, and Fighter classes so that leaves 9 more Iconics for the remaining core classes.

As has already been discussed, an Eberron Gnome Artificer would be a good choice for that class. Taking the long view and assuming that DDO will include other campaign settings in the next several years, these are some of my suggestions:

Dark Sun Halfing or Half Giant Barbarian (Halfings are sometimes cannibals in the Dark Sun setting)

Planescape Githzerai Bard

Eberron Aasimar Favored Soul

Forgotten Realms Drow Ranger

Forgotten Realms Harper Witch or Tiefling Sorcerer

Forgotten Realms Red Thay Wizard

Eberron Half-Orc Druid

Psionicist Human Monk

Quote Originally Posted by The_Human_Cypher View Post
    Dark Sun Halfing or Half Giant Barbarian (Halfings are sometimes cannibals in the Dark Sun setting)
    No - Halflings on Athas do NOT eat other Halflings!

They have no issues with eating other sentient races but they do stop at Cannibalism!

Quote Originally Posted by FranOhmsford View Post
    No - Halflings on Athas do NOT eat other Halflings!

They have no issues with eating other sentient races but they do stop at Cannibalism!
    hmmm so I could eat Dwarves, Elves and Halflings without being considered a cannibal? What about a Half-Elf?

Quote Originally Posted by Satyriasys View Post
    and Gatekeeper Orc Druid
    nice idea, i'll toss in Human Denith Defender, Shifter Ranger, (Q'Barra) LIZARDFOLK BLACKSCALE ranger(or barb), Valenar elf ranger, (Zilargo) Gnome bard, (karnath) Human necromancer)

Quote Originally Posted by Satyriasys View Post
    hmmm so I could eat Dwarves, Elves and Halflings without being considered a cannibal? What about a Half-Elf?
    They taste like chicken XD