Earth and and full time at work: I move 400 lb stainless steel Refrigerators with ease!

Default I have had Tinnitus since I was 5 years old.

I am 43 now. I am plagued by this every day.

Does anyone not have it? I am in a Hell of constant ringing! For those of you who who do not have Tinnitus you are blessed and I hope that When I do die in real life, I wake up in a new reincarnated life without it!

Some days I don't hear it because there is enough background noise to cancel it out, but if I am in a room of complete silence I can hear it.

I have to sleep with the TV on or it (Tinnitus) drives me insane and I start to convulse.

Did I do something in a past life to deserve such a HELL ON EARTH!?

Rant!

Community Member

What?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by zDragonz View Post
    I am 43 now. I am plagued by this every day.

Does anyone not have it? I am in a Hell of constant ringing! For those of you who who do not have Tinnitus you are blessed and I hope that When I do die in real life, I wake up in a new reincarnated life without it!

Some days I don't hear it because there is enough background noise to cancel it out, but if I am in a room of complete silence I can hear it.

I have to sleep with the TV on or it (Tinnitus) drives me insane and I start to convulse.

Did I do something in a past life to deserve such a HELL ON EARTH!?

Rant!
    I know where you're coming from although mine is not so severe as yours.

It is distracting and especially annoying when trying to concentrate.

If you havent already done so, it might be worth getting your hearing tested - hearing loss reduces the amount of incoming noise and thus makes the tinnitus seem more pronounced. A hearing aid will reduce this.
    Hearing aids are more discrete these days - my own is about 25mm long by 5mm by 8mm and they come in all different colours. Gone are the days when it looked like you have an old apple core behind your ear.
    Also if you live in the UK they are free on the NHS including all batteries and repairs for life.

Mine masks my tinnitus admiarably (when I remember to wear it).

You cant wear it in bed though because if you roll over and sleep on the side that it is in it will suffer feedback issues and start whistling like a Welshman in a field full of sheep.
    Corazonroto
    Soultrax
    Mantrax
    The Spellswords - Ghallanda

Have endured ringing in my ears for many years now. Some days it's worse than others. Sometimes it prevents me from getting to sleep until I'm exhausted.

There are treatments available today that can help. Hearing aids, white noise generators attuned to the ringing frequency, and so on have come a long way since we first started working with tinnitus and similar hearing/ear issues.

First step, considering the severity of your issues and as already suggested, is to seek professional help. Knowing you're not alone because a few of us speak on the forums helps a bit. Getting professional assistance dealing with the root causes, from hearing damage to possible ear infections, will lead to a better quality of life than what you have now.
    There is no free lunch.

/sympathy
    /much sympathy.

I feel ya.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    The best of the best DDO players generally overperform when given a real challenge

I guess I'm lucky in that I only have it in one ear; I think that's somewhat unusual. I think mine is related to an ear infection I had when I was very young, which would explain why it is only in one ear.

I'm disappointed there isn't some kind of surgical cure for it yet, though seeing as it is a rather subjective condition with no outward signs it would be difficult to research with laboratory animals. Also, it's more of a mere nuisance than anything, so I doubt it would get the same level of research funding as other conditions such as the deadlier cancers or the various congenital diseases that cripple children. Maybe we should all go find a medical school where they're researching it and volunteer ourselves.
    Quote Originally Posted by FrancisP.Fancypants View Post
    The best PVP in this game happens in the forums. Usually when someone brings up the need for more PVP.

2015 DDO Players Council Seikojin's Avatar

I don't have it, however my wife does. She only started getting it after moving to my location. I definitely suggest looking into tests you can have your doctor do or on your own to figure your triggers and cause out.

Try going to a location without any electromagnetic 'radiation'. Like out tot he middle of nowhere. Montana or someplace like that.

Try to pinpoint when it gets worse and what is going on at the time, or what goes on that makes it better or worse.