Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by SirValentine View Post
    How many mobs can you hit with Destruction and Slay Living combined in the time it takes for Implosion to cool down?

Necro has 3 times the instakill potential of Implosion.
    wizard (PM) > Cleric > Fvs > sorcerer. this order.
    Also, I just would like to help y'all understand, but Implosion will be better.
    It can kill any monsters in DDO including undeads and construct (except wind ele).
    But, it's not the only reason why it's better. Using necro instant kill spells as divine
    will cost really a lot of spell points if you compare to implosion (5kills max).
    For example: let's say you have best necro Dc in game (cleric) you would need 250sp
    to kill 5 mobs. Now, implosion can kill 5 mobs with just 50sp

2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Angelic-council View Post
    Also, I just would like to help y'all understand
    Gee, thanks.

It can kill any monsters in DDO including undeads and construct (except wind ele).
    Necro kills undead just fine, thanks. Plus those pesky Air Elementals.

But, it's not the only reason why it's better. Using necro instant kill spells as divine
    will cost really a lot of spell points if you compare to implosion (5kills max).
    That doesn't make it better. Sometimes, SP cost is not an issue. Many quests have tons of shrines. Sometimes time is much more important.

I don't use DDO Store mnemonics. I rarely use in-game mnemonics. As a result, I have accumulated literally THOUSANDS of Majors I COULD use if I were ever having trouble managing my SP. I'd rather drink one of those thousands than run away like scared mouse from a couple EE mobs for 60 seconds while I waited for Implosion to get back off cool-down.

What REALLY makes it potentially better, to me, and might make me respec to Evo if 66 Necro proves too low, is a higher potential DC. Not cheaper SP, or it's sucky kills/minute.

Yep. It's kind of silly that evo gets +5 more potential DC than necro just from past lives and a twist.

Come to think of it, what's the higher theoretical max DC between pale master necro and pale master evocation?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by SirValentine View Post
    Gee, thanks.

Necro kills undead just fine, thanks. Plus those pesky Air Elementals.

That doesn't make it better. Sometimes, SP cost is not an issue. Many quests have tons of shrines. Sometimes time is much more important.

I don't use DDO Store mnemonics. I rarely use in-game mnemonics. As a result, I have accumulated literally THOUSANDS of Majors I COULD use if I were ever having trouble managing my SP. I'd rather drink one of those thousands than run away like scared mouse from a couple EE mobs for 60 seconds while I waited for Implosion to get back off cool-down.

What REALLY makes it potentially better, to me, and might make me respec to Evo if 66 Necro proves too low, is a higher potential DC. Not cheaper SP, or it's sucky kills/minute.
    I respect your opinion. I 100% agree with you on what you said above. Wow.. it's very surprising, how could I possibly misread your comment.. y'all talking about kills/minute right? then it will definitely be slay living and destruction combo. I apologize for misunderstanding. I still love implosion though, it has better DC and cheap mana cost. I personally play Fvs evocation focused and I'm doing great on EE. I never played Necro Clerics before.. Are they really that good? what about their dps. You have 66 necro dc which means, you using some sort of potions all the time? How is your cleric on EEs btw, like madstone and other. What spells do you use while waiting on slay and destruction CD.

Community Member

Quick PL question - if I run through 3 wiz PL's can I take that PL feat 3 times for +3 to spell dcs?

Community Member

Slay living + destruction + implosion work great together and you can mow through mobs pretty quickly. You can always level drain etc too. You also have BBs and light damage spells by the bucket load.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by goldgolem View Post
    Slay living + destruction + implosion work great together and you can mow through mobs pretty quickly. You can always level drain etc too. You also have BBs and light damage spells by the bucket load.
    Yes, but.. Implosion won't work together as it will have low dc. Implosion dc has to be at least 60+, 65 for successful implode. Blade barrier also need high dc, many mobs on high ee will have insane reflex saves. Do you have necro cleric?

Quote Originally Posted by goldgolem View Post
    Quick PL question - if I run through 3 wiz PL's can I take that PL feat 3 times for +3 to spell dcs?
    I wish.

But no.
    Quote Originally Posted by Philam View Post
    I nominate you as head developer of DDO!
    Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    That tears it. I need to get a donkey.
    Concentrated power is the enemy of liberty - Ronald Reagan

2014 DDO Players Council

Yes, but.. Implosion won't work together as it will have low dc. Implosion dc has to be at least 60+, 65 for successful implode.
    Evo has more bonuses available (Draconic twist, Sorc PLs). So you can get super-high Evo with crappy Necro, or moderately high for BOTH. So, yes, they work together.

Necro has an added bonus: Slay Living and Destruction pretty much always work and are never bugged. By contrast, Implosion (like Wail) is frequently bugged and often doesn't work.

For example, Implosion will currently view players and hirelings as valid targets. It won't hurt or kill them, but it will "use up" its targets on them, meaning that implosion is only useful when true soloing. This has apparently been the case for about 8-10 months now.

More info here, specifically this post with a repeatable test demonstrating the bug.

Community Member

Do you have necro cleric?
    Yeha my two mains are necro FVS. I do not prioritise healing at all and they heal everything fine. Mostly I do destruction, run up to next mob with slay living, hit implosion and then drop a BB to soak up whatever is left. Anything survives that gets a destruction again or a level drain then a destruction

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12