Community Member

Default "The Lost Thread" Quest

Ok, who redid this quest to now require two people (or the use of a hireling)?

The gate "puzzle" had been straightforward, with the lever before the gate blocking the exit door acting to raise the gate behind you while lowering the gate in front of the exit door. Now suddenly that lever has no effect on the gate before the exit door, requiring the use of a hireling (or another person) to pull the middle lever in the outside hallway to open the gate in front of the exit door. You can no longer solo it without a hireling since the middle lever also raises the gate to block you from entering the corridor with the exit door.

I have never seen a post to the effect of "Hey Turbine, please redo your quests so we need at least one hireling to complete it solo."

I guess we have to get used to it, but I don't see the purpose.

hmmm i did it last week no problem when did you notice this change?

Your question also presumes you are merely attempting to pass to the next area, and not attempting to lower any other games to save any villagers in a nearby room, except perhaps the brainwashed wizard.
    Editor, The Book of Syncletica: An unofficial DDO Monk Guide, and Stormreach Shadows: An unofficial DDO Stealth Guide
    The Order of Syncletica: A DDO-flavored blog on Monks and gameplay and more
    (formerly known as Spencerian)

I've always done it with a hireling. I never knew you could do it WITHOUT one.

Community Member

I take it you used the recommended path in ddowiki?

http://ddowiki.com/page/The_Lost_Thread

1 and 3 down then 5 and 6.

I did it last week with issue, are you sure you didn't accidentally pull another lever?

If the change happened within the last week, my info might be out of date.
    The Silver Legion - Guild Medieval
    Arisan - Arisanna - Arisanto - Arisgard - Betatest
    Cannith

Community Member

The worst part about it is that if you use an arti/druid pet to pull levers and then release the pet - there is a good chance the quest will glitch @ the end fight. It took me a while to figure out what was causing it.
    CC Casting Druid: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...C-Summer-Build
    Shiradi Wiz Plan for 1st Lifers: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...r-First-Lifers
    U25 Patch 1 Dex Halfling Assassin Build: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...x-Assassin-1-0
    Warlock DC Caster: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ld-Blast-Build

Several characters on Sarlona all starting with "Rand" in the Guild "Guardians of House Cannith". My main four characters are Randowl (18 rogue 2 artificer mechanic - hope to go back to DC casting some day), Randslar (Bard 14 / Fighter 4 / Rogue 2 Swashbuckler), Randek (Druid CC Caster 17/Fvs 3) and Randomall (Rogue 20 assassin).

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by slarden View Post
    The worst part about it is that if you use an arti/druid pet to pull levers and then release the pet - there is a good chance the quest will glitch @ the end fight. It took me a while to figure out what was causing it.
    That quest bugs out a lot. I have had to ask a GM to prod the end boss on a number of occasions. I usually use the 1,3 5,6 method and never bring a hireling or pet in any case.

Community Member

Solo'd last night without hireling or pet.
    Do you mean you can't complete full optionals?

I think the problem with pets is an agro issue - in that the drow you need to kill to lower the barrier before the boss get agro'd on a pet and then stuck on some geometry. I have had that happen then checked all the side rooms around the endfight room and with good spot found a drow standing in a corner staring at a wall and trying to move through the wall. I can only presume he agro'd on my pet at some point and is still trying to get to that spot before he repaths to my pet.

Solution would be to reset all mob agro (DA be damned) in the quest as soon as the red wall on the boss goes up. Actually the way Anna acts in that quest it is very hard to get any DA built up from zerging (only comes on spawn in end fight or on the path to getting to her).
    gotta to kick at the darkness til it bleeds daylight - B. Cockburn
    Guild Leader - Order of the Silver Dragons
    Mains Darlao Completionist Toogor Wiz28 TR5 Also Listarn Shadar Kai Rogue 20/7 - WhiskyTango CL28 TR4 - Toongor Bd28 TR2 - Sooey Dwarf ConBarb28 Pusshy -WizMo 18/ 2/8+9 More

Community Member

Default Interesting

I'm referring to getting to the exit door, not the optionals.

I've always done it (and just did it two weeks ago) pulling levers 1 and 2 upstairs, then pulling lever 5 (the middle one) to get into the exit corridor, then pulling the lever in the exit corridor to open the final gate before the exit door. For some reason, it didn't work last night.

Since apparently others still have no trouble doing it without a hireling, maybe it glitched for me. I'll try it again next saga run and see if it works. Thanks for the feedback.