Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Implosion (bug)

Community Member

Default Implosion (bug)

Hello everyone!

I really would like to ask developers about this level 9 divine spell: implosion (bugged)
    So.. There was post 7 - 8 month ago about wail bug (there was also name of implosion) according to devs, they believe that spell might be bugged because of recent change in -u17- random targeting.
    I'm not sure if wail is already fixed, but many people saying that it working fine so, I appreciate for the fix!

Speaking of implosion tho, while using that spell in party -- it has come to my attention that it's not working at all. I did couple of tests in party and while soloing dungeon. Basically, When you cast implosion you create "implosion aura" around yourself and whoever step in that aura have to make fortitude save or die. Now, unfortunately.. This spell effect is blocked by party members somehow.
    But, they won't die of course, instead, nothing will happen. It's very difficult to land this spell on monsters while playing with friends.. It should have 5 ticks total, when I'm alone this spell work 100% fine 1 - 5 saves or deaths. But, when someone including hires come near me it's something like this:1st tick - died, 2nd tick - save, 3rd tick nothing... 4th tick nothing.. 5 tick died.. I could be very lucky and successfully let mobs make 5 saves (ticks) but when there is more then 3 or 4 players.. It's almost impossible.. I would waste 50 sp on it. My question would be, are developers aware of this issue? If so, when would it be fixed... Any players comment on this will be appreciated it!
    Last edited by Angelic-council; 12-18-2013 at 11:05 AM.

Oh shoot i wasn't aware of this if this is true .... my fvs is more gimped than i thought.

Between this possible bug and mass frog SR bug I'm in good shape

Yay me at least i still have blade barrier.....

Community Member
    still fighting the unending armies of shavarath

hmmmmm....

Now I need to go test this again.

However, implosion always worked differently than wail. With wail, you could cast and move around and get ticks on other mobs. Implosion only applied ticks to mobs present in aura area at the time of casting.

If friendlies are being targeted, wow. Big issue there.

Must....test....

...J
    Thelanis: HoeLee, Rasminder, Cerinah, Arlinah, Shrenn, Rowkhan, Paladonis - Jakburton's Porkchop Express (now hiring)

Sarlona: Aingell of Death, KimberLee, Soullaris the Divine, Bendyr - The Order of Cygnus

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Angelic-council View Post
    Hello everyone!

I really would like to ask developers about this level 9 divine spell: implosion (bugged)
    So.. There was post 7 - 8 month ago about wail bug (there was also name of implosion) according to devs, they believe that spell might be bugged because of recent change in -u17- random targeting.
    I'm not sure if wail is already fixed, but many people saying that it working fine so, I appreciate for the fix!

Speaking of implosion tho, while using that spell in party -- it has come to my attention that it's not working at all. I did couple of tests in party and while soloing dungeon. Basically, When you cast implosion you create "implosion aura" around yourself and whoever step in that aura have to make fortitude save or die. Now, unfortunately.. This spell effect is blocked by party members somehow.
    But, they won't die of course, instead, nothing will happen. It's very difficult to land this spell on monsters while playing with friends.. It should have 5 ticks total, when I'm alone this spell work 100% fine 1 - 5 saves or deaths. But, when someone including hires come near me it's something like this:1st tick - died, 2nd tick - save, 3rd tick nothing... 4th tick nothing.. 5 tick died.. I could be very lucky and successfully let mobs make 5 saves (ticks) but when there is more then 3 or 4 players.. It's almost impossible.. I would waste 50 sp on it. My question would be, are developers aware of this issue? If so, when would it be fixed... Any players comment on this will be appreciated it!

My implosion aura works fine with hirelings near me. Not sure about other players though since i mainly solo.

So you are saying if party members are in the aura range, it blocks it from triggering on enemy mobs? Could you fraps it and get a video of it up? Or some combat logs showing it not working?

Implosion only applied ticks to mobs present in aura area at the time of casting.
    Completely untrue.
    I am the 'Who' In the call "Who's there!?"
    I am the wind blowing through your hair.
    I am the shadow on the moon at night, filling your dreams to the brim with fright.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Miow View Post
    Oh shoot i wasn't aware of this if this is true .... my fvs is more gimped than i thought.

Between this possible bug and mass frog SR bug I'm in good shape

Yay me at least i still have blade barrier.....
    Yes, well.. Here is the big issue, many people I know who play divine evokers are now half mixed with melee and not fully focused on evocation DC. So, they seems really don't understand how it works. They believe if mobs don't die it's because of their low dc.. But, remember guys.. Implosion has 5 ticks, each tick per 2 seconds. Some people are just lucky and they can hit mobs with implosion successfully.
    2 other players also told me this "yeah, I know it's not working man.. But it will never gonna get fixed just use BB", "yup, that's why some people go mix melee"..

I really would like to take a video and prove this, I still don't have any program that can do so.. But please keep visiting this forum for more information :/

Also, please try it guys, use implosion while near members or hire, just because some mobs die or save it doesn't mean spell working 100% fine, there have to be 5 ticks total. It's hard to see with hires, but please try to stand behind hire or keep running around hire and not just one time, please try to use implosion few times because you could be lucky with 1st cast.

Community Member

Was using it implosion yesterday and was landing fairly well in EE. Just logged and will pay closer attention to see if there are any “line of sight” issue caused by other players.

My complaint about implosion is, why does the DC not show like other spells?!?!?!?!?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kanuk View Post
    Was using it implosion yesterday and was landing fairly well in EE. Just logged and will pay closer attention to see if there are any “line of sight” issue caused by other players.

My complaint about implosion is, why does the DC not show like other spells?!?!?!?!?
    Yeah, I'm really curious about that too.. There should be DC listed on implosion.
    It's very powerful spell, it works on epic elite as well as you said (with high dc) please, can you test spell effect later and report a bug? It's been bugged for 8 month now..

Wow, I also noticed that some ticks were missing when I used implosion (no death or save visible). I never paid attention if that happpened when I was in a party or not.
    Keepers of Khyber - Proud Guild Leader

Quote Originally Posted by Flavilandile View Post
    This is how it should scale: Random loot < Named Loot < Raid Named Loot.
    The Trophy Room A great idea. Please do this devs!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by FAQ View Post
    Wow, I also noticed that some ticks were missing when I used implosion (no death or save visible). I never paid attention if that happpened when I was in a party or not.
    Thank you!! I'm so happy to hear that you also noticed this!
    I even want to cry lol.. 8 month my friend, it's time it get fixed!

Quote Originally Posted by JamnJD View Post
    However, implosion always worked differently than wail. With wail, you could cast and move around and get ticks on other mobs. Implosion only applied ticks to mobs present in aura area at the time of casting.
    ...J
    That is false.

Implosion had (does?) always allowed the caster to kill things on the move, with fresh ticks wiping out creatures approached after having cast the spell. I don't have a divine caster high enough to have ever used Implosion myself, but I've seen enough clerics cast the spell then run down a hallway killing stuff to know that is how it worked.

Wail never used to work like that--it used to just be an AoE burst that killed everything in the area at the time of casting, until it was decided that this was too powerful, and was altered to work similarly to Implosion.
    Useful links: A Guide to Using a Gamepad w/ DDO / All Caster Shroud, Hard Shroud, VoD, ToD Einhander, Elochka, Ferrumrym, Ferrumdermis, Ferrumshot, Ferrumblood, Ferrumender, Ferrumshadow, Ferrumschtik All proud officers of The Loreseekers. Except Bruucelee, he's a Sentinel!

This is anecdotal rather than evidence, but I have been having trouble with Implosion that could be explained by this.

I recently got a Cleric to the point of having level 9 spells for the first time and was excited to try out Implosion because people seemed to think it was great. I was duoing Druid's Deep on Casual with a friend and a hireling for commendations and saw Implosion kill at most a single mob per cast, and sometimes none. I may have missed some procs in the heat of battle (especially in Overgrowth with the hanging nonsense messing with the camera view) but I certainly was not seeing 5 procs. This was on a pure Cleric, WIS-focused and specced for Evoc DCs, but without tomes or raid gear (i.e. no Insightful or Exceptional WIS), so my DC was good but not truly exceptional. I tried it a few times but eventually gave up on the spell as likely being another case where it is rubbish without multiple TRs backing it up and optimal gearing. I never considered that it might be a bug.

I will try the quests again solo with no hireling and see what happens, although several of the DD boss fights also include a friendly NPC which might also affect things.

Default Confirmed

I can confirm Implosion is definitely bugged.

Here are my test results:

Condition:
    L17 Cleric
    Quest: Garrison's Missing Pack

Scenario 1: With Hirelings
    - Bring two hirelings into quest.
    - Set hireling to stand around in passive mode
    - Gather the 1st five mobs: this happens to be 4 kobolds and 1 ooze
    - Cast Quickened Implosion
    - Repeat this 5 times, gather data.

Scenario 2: No Hirelings
    - No hirelings

Code:
    # of Mobs killed via Implosion

Scenario 1         Scenario 2 
    Test#           With Hirelings     No Hirelings
    1                  4                  5
    2                  3                  5
    3                  3                  4 (1 save)
    4                  2 (1 save)         5
    5                  4                  5
    Success
    Rate              64%                96%

* There was one quirky scenario where implosion did absolutely nothing during a no hirelings test.  No mobs died or saved.  Combat log didn't show anything.

Quote Originally Posted by guardianx2009 View Post

Condition:
    L17 Cleric

- No hirelings

Code:

Success

* There was one quirky scenario where implosion did absolutely nothing during a no hirelings test.  No mobs died or saved.  Combat log didn't show anything.
    I thank you for your efforts, if this pans out to be so....I'm just uhhhhhhh

Implosion does indeed move with you. Sadly I long ago swapped to melee FvS so I cannot do fancy tests anymore. As if we weren't messed up enough already as a caster FvS, now this.

Turbine, why don't you fix stupid stuff like this instead of freaking twists and other BS.
    Toons on Orien:
    Daemonav Atreides: WF artificer (TR 2/14)////Irullan Atreides: human FvS (TR 2/?!?)////Lorrellei Atreides: human ice/acid sorcerer////Aliademon Atreides: elf PM necro/enchant wizzie (TR 2/8)

Noticed that on my capped Evoker FvS too. I did not relate to the number of party members, but it really is annoying.
    Oh, and yeah, implosion follows you just fine. Having wings to speed from mobs to others can allow you to kill mobs that were very far from each other at the beginning.
    Owy Evoker FvS / Praledric Completionist Qstaff Rogue/Monk/Druid / Laraeph DC Wizard / Laraelph AA Monk/Ranger/Pally / Gaenry Shiradi Sorc/FvS/Wiz / Reasis SWF Pally & numerous others
    The Leveller for DDO!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by guardianx2009 View Post

Condition:
    L17 Cleric

- No hirelings

Code:

Success

Thank you so much for doing those tests, I really respect for what you have done.
    - as you guys can see, implosion is bugged and turbine done nothing about it for more then 10 month.. I send them a bug report, contacted in game GM, send message to support team, left message on facebook.. and nothing.. how could it be.. I know wail of banshee had exact same issue and turbine fixed it right away.. what about Implosion, it suppose to be per with wail of banshee (cap spell).
    I'm still not sure about this, but hopefully turbine will release New divine DC caster destiny, when that day comes.. People will be so disappointed lol
    I know developers changed spell effect of implosion, so it will no longer target only one monster (red named etc..) "-u17-".. and they messed with it again in u18 or u19. Now, this spell will keep targeting one monster (sometimes) back to u16.. and also blocked by any friendly allies or npcs..

Quote Originally Posted by Angelic-council View Post
    Thank you so much for doing those tests, I really respect for what you have done.
    - as you guys can see, implosion is bugged and turbine done nothing about it for more then 10 month.. I send them a bug report, contacted in game GM, send message to support team, left message on facebook.. and nothing.. how could it be.. I know wail of banshee had exact same issue and turbine fixed it right away.. what about Implosion, it suppose to be per with wail of banshee (cap spell).
    I'm still not sure about this, but hopefully turbine will release New divine DC caster destiny, when that day comes.. People will be so disappointed lol
    I know developers changed spell effect of implosion, so it will no longer target only one monster (red named etc..) "-u17-".. and they messed with it again in u18 or u19. Now, this spell will keep targeting one monster (sometimes) back to u16.. and also blocked by any friendly allies or npcs..

Its been bugged for a very long time.

I played my main as a fvs for about 18 months then spent 6 months getting 3 wiz and 3 sorc past lives, went back to fvs to find implosion broken/bugged.

I have made a number of posts about it in the past only to get told that i am wrong or doing it wrong. Having played fvs for a couple of years i knew i wasn't wrong or doing it wrong.

In the end i got so sick of it i TR away from the class.

Nerf wings ,Nerf Blade barrier and archorn, Nerf implosion 2x then break it .

Once upon a time fvs was very fun to play.Wing kiting through blade barriers plus implosion and archorn was fun days.i.e playing a FVS as a Divine nuker.Then people started to complain about fvs so they Nerf wings, then blade barrier and archon got reduced twice, then they Nerf break implosion.

p.s it took them quite a long time to fix wail. at least 3 months. then they reported it fixed when it wasn't and then finally fixed it.

both wail and implosion were broken/bugged when they changed the spells over to the 1 tick every 2 seconds thingy
    Last edited by Hirosue; 12-21-2013 at 01:55 PM.
    "Player testers have done an excelent job and I really do appreciate the testing done by the players that report the issues which then get ignored ......."

Hope they change it to fully work on party members then.
    Thelanis - Ethforged - Etherar - Fjirty --- Mitis Mors
    Ghallanda - Ethrayne - Ethryne --- Omnipresence
    Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKVn...wLuzB2Q/videos

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast