Default You ever notice...

...that Elminster only shows up AFTER the quest is complete, and the bad guys are dead? And then proceeded to handle the "difficult" stuff?

'Scuse me, but...uh...how about showing up a few minutes before the boss fight, and helping us in the final fight? You think THAT might get that artifact you so desperately need to defeat Lloth / the Netherese / whatever? Huh? Ya think...?

Likewise, you got into the Demonweb. Maybe a little help with the elementals in the area between the Demonweb and Faerun wouldn't kill you, now would it? You could show up, maybe banish a few of them, and leave without having for Lloth or her psycho sister to get distracted and all. Frankly, I'm getting a little sick if that bearded, know-it-all with his "ye"'s and hit witticisms not pulling his weight in all of this content.

I think the devs need to up the loot in an quest chain that uses Elminster, to compensate players for having to do the dirty work of a full-on slacker.

The Hatchery
    2014 & 2016 DDO Players Council

The Elminster build has full ranks in Piking, both skill focus and epic skill focus in it, and he wears skill items of all sorts for it. He's the Piking master!
    <seemingly offensive Army of Darkness quote>

Then he snubs us at the end of the high road chain. Just shows up. 'Oh hey, Elminster. Hows it going? He just walks past takes the scroll, sticks it in his pocket, and has the harper chic from his harem tell us good job or whatever. And we stand there going, 'don't act like you don't know me, bro...'

The guy made love to a god, I'd expect him to have a bit of a inflated head.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnbeimnech View Post
    Then he snubs us at the end of the high road chain. Just shows up. 'Oh hey, Elminster. Hows it going? He just walks past takes the scroll, sticks it in his pocket, and has the harper chic from his harem tell us good job or whatever. And we stand there going, 'don't act like you don't know me, bro...'
    Yeah!

He can KEEP HIS FRIGGIN' HANDS OFF THAT SCROLL!!! IT'S MINE NOW!!!

Remember, it can make a man into a king, a king into a god, a god into an insurance salesman...or something like that. I always wanted to sell insurance...

Quote Originally Posted by Miow View Post
    The guy made love to a god, I'd expect him to have a bit of a inflated head.
    Byonce'?

Just because he got used for a one night stand doesn't give him any special status.

Quote Originally Posted by bsquishwizzy View Post
    Byonce'?
    If by byonce you mean Mystra then yes. :P

I like how the forgotten realms loading screen has him surveying eveningstar from afar, presumably to make sure its safe before he slinks in

Quote Originally Posted by kned225 View Post
    I like how the forgotten realms loading screen has him surveying eveningstar from afar, presumably to make sure its safe before he slinks in
    Lol! +1