Default Reduced Cool-down Stacking (question)

I just started my first Epic TR and chose Arcane Alacrity as my past life feat. I intend to stack this 3X to reduce my necro cool-downs by 10%. Today it occurred to me that I am already using an Epic Destiny ability from the Magister line (spell school Familiarity) that reduces cool-down time. So, I am wondering if the Epic past life feat and Epic Destiny ability stack. Does anyone know? Also, seeing as these are percent-based reductions, how do they stack? Additively vs. multiplicatively/compounding?

Common sense would dictate that they stack imo, whether they do or not would be a question for a dev.

Default Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by Miow View Post
    Common sense would dictate that they stack imo, whether they do or not would be a question for a dev.
    Hehe, I agree. But I've been burned before...

Perhaps a kindly Dev will weigh in. Otherwise it will take some potentially pointless grinding and testing.

2015 DDO Players Council Seikojin's Avatar

Since one is a feat and the other is a destiny ability, they should stack. Check the wording. If the abilities call out the same type of bonus (enhancement, insight, whatever), then it does not matter their source; they will not stack. But if they just offer a bonus, then they should stack since they are from different types and sources.

Default Confirmed

Quote Originally Posted by Seikojin View Post
    Since one is a feat and the other is a destiny ability, they should stack. Check the wording. If the abilities call out the same type of bonus (enhancement, insight, whatever), then it does not matter their source; they will not stack. But if they just offer a bonus, then they should stack since they are from different types and sources.
    Just a little follow-up for anyone interested. I finally got around to testing this, and can confirm that these bonuses stack. The stacking is additive, and not multiplicative. For example, a 5% enhancement bonus would get added to a 3% epic past life feat bonus for a total bonus of 8%.

I also confirmed that you do not need a stopwatch to test this for yourself, as the cool-down timers that appear in the hotbar show actual seconds (which seems obvious, but I had never checked it before), and the number of seconds changes appropriately when the various cool-down bonuses are applied. For example, the timer number that appears for Wail of the Banshee is "normally" 60 (seconds), but is 54 (seconds) if a 10% cool-down reduction is applied.

Community Member

Does the Epic Past Life feat Arcane Alacrity lower the cooldown of SLA or is it only spells?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by sberla_tp View Post
    Does the Epic Past Life feat Arcane Alacrity lower the cooldown of SLA or is it only spells?
    And if it works on SLA - does 6 sec cooldown with 10% reduction get reduced to 5.0 sec, 5.4 sec or remain at 6.0 sec?

Turned on Arcane Acarity I plus Magistar 15% = 18% reduction.

Used Tea with the Queen ~ 154 seconds = full amount

Used Cocoon ~ 12 seconds = full amount

So, possibly does not affect SLA, count not find any more long enough to tell with magistar taking big twist slot.