Default Why are Trinkets from the Gold Coin Turn in BTC

I pooled my coins onto my main toon that has a cookie jar and started turning them in.
    After a while I had a lot of cookies.. overflowing cookie jar..., 2 Dwarven Throwers, a Sunblade, 4 Luck Trinkets, 3 Magic Misslile trinkets, and 4 Blank trinkets. a + 1 skill tome of open locks, and a bunch of other stuff...

The 4 Blank Trinkets were all BTC ... grr...why are coin turn in items BTC , I could have used these for crafting on other toons .. not the one with the cookie jar...

I ended up with 4 BTC Trinkets on a toon that has no use for them so I deleted them all.

Cordovan ~ Why is anything from the Festivault coin turn in bound to Character on Acquire. ~
    Jotmon - Let's not forget why we play these games - to have fun - ~
    Guild: Degenerate Matter - 200 (Former Guilds: ChaosKnights, Big Damn Heroes, Shadowfiends, Order of the Drow, Unusual Suspects, Raided R)
    Argo-Jotmon(HC 28/42,EC 26/36,IC 12/12), Jotmonheals(Clr17/Rog2/Mnk1-EC 32/36), Whatthetruck(Raid farmer-2nd life).. and many many more alts..

Update 24: Champions... "whew, it's ok, it's only a red name" .. sad day when trash spawn Champions and their one-shot ignore fort attacks instill more party fear than the Red named bosses.

Earth and and full time at work: I move 400 lb stainless steel Refrigerators with ease!

I have seen folks with Characters with names that mean they are mules just for cookies.

Our OP is right.
    Last edited by zDragonz; 12-19-2013 at 09:27 PM.

Community Member moomooprincess's Avatar

Default Those trinkets ALWAYS have been

At first, you could only get those trinkets from the DDO Store.

Then, the trinkets became available during Risia Ice Games.

Now, they are in loot chests and rewards for Festivult.

The trinkets HAVE always been BTC.

My advice, if you do Risia Ice Games, just give your coins to a character and have them turn them in until you get a trinket. During Risia Ice Games, you can get trinkets with white, blue, or purple games. That is exactly what I did to have trinkets on my characters.
    Recipemaker Guild: Top Chef School of Recipes

Event Statistics: Risia, Festivult, Midwinter, Daily Dice, Mimic Hunt

Quote Originally Posted by moomooprincess View Post

My advice, if you do Risia Ice Games, just give your coins to a character and have them turn them in until you get a trinket. During Risia Ice Games, you can get trinkets with white, blue, or purple games. That is exactly what I did to have trinkets on my characters.
    So.

Doesn't make it right, rewards for turn ins like that should be bta at the least period.

That's crazy talk.
    I have 35 characters, and only 1 cookie jar.. Cookie Jars are store purchase only and BTC.
    Why would I pass the coins around for a unreliable random chance at a BTC item that I might be able to possibly use as a crafted item on one of 34 alts.

I was turning in coins on a large scale in my case I had about 2000 of each of the coins accumulated and have only turned in 1000 of the gold ones so far.
    So for these turn ins I have received 980ish cookies and about 20 other random items.
    The "chance" of getting a trinket is pretty low so turning in coins is not a reliable method of getting a trinket, you may not even get one with 1000 coin turn ins since it is a random chance.
    Once my cookie jar is refilled, I will probably call it quits and carry over the rest of the coins until next year like I did last year and the year before....

It makes no sense to have BTCoA items on coin turn ins.

In my opinion ... Just because that is how they were first setup does not justify or support why it is still that way.
    There is no reason for craftable trinkets from coin turn ins or the DDO store for that matter to be BTCoA, I can understand a BTAoA/BTCoE if they want to prevent trinkets from being tradable..but even this is antiquated now...

If I was hunting trinkets I would just get the tier 1 shard from shroud or buy one from the store not accumulate and pool1000 gold coins on an alt for the random chance of a BTC one.
    Last edited by JOTMON; 12-18-2013 at 09:45 AM.
    Guild: Degenerate Matter - 200 (Former Guilds: ChaosKnights, Big Damn Heroes, Shadowfiends, Order of the Drow, Unusual Suspects, Raided R)
    Argo-Jotmon(HC 28/42,EC 26/36,IC 12/12), Jotmonheals(Clr17/Rog2/Mnk1-EC 32/36), Whatthetruck(Raid farmer-2nd life).. and many many more alts..

Update 24: Champions... "whew, it's ok, it's only a red name" .. sad day when trash spawn Champions and their one-shot ignore fort attacks instill more party fear than the Red named bosses.

Community Member moomooprincess's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JOTMON View Post
    That's crazy talk.
    I have 35 characters, and only 1 cookie jar.. Cookie Jars are store purchase only and BTC.
    Why would I pass the coins around for a unreliable random chance at a BTC item that I might be able to possibly use as a crafted item on one of 34 alts.

I was turning in coins on a large scale in my case I had about 2000 of each of the coins accumulated and have only turned in 1000 of the gold ones so far.
    So for these turn ins I have received 980ish cookies and about 20 other random items.
    The "chance" of getting a trinket is pretty low so turning in coins is not a reliable method of getting a trinket, you may not even get one with 1000 coin turn ins since it is a random chance.
    Once my cookie jar is refilled, I will probably call it quits and carry over the rest of the coins until next year like I did last year and the year before....

It makes no sense to have BTCoA items on coin turn ins.

In my opinion ... Just because that is how they were first setup does not justify or support why it is still that way.
    There is no reason for craftable trinkets from coin turn ins or the DDO store for that matter to be BTCoA, I can understand a BTAoA/BTCoE if they want to prevent trinkets from being tradable..but even this is antiquated now...

If I was hunting trinkets I would just get the tier 1 shard from shroud or buy one from the store not accumulate and pool1000 gold coins on an alt for the random chance of a BTC one.

I turn in coins in vast quantities myself. I have just as many ALTs as you, I also play on multiple servers further compounding my grind load. My signature I record the statistics for Risia, Festivult, and Daily Dice.

I gave you a solution to your current un-fun thing in the game.

Yes, it was a pain for me to do it, but I did it. I used what the game gave me to accomplish what you want to do. My characters have trinkets.

Personally, I despise all BTC items that are not a raid item.

Sorry my solution was not what you wanted to hear.

Have a great day.
    Recipemaker Guild: Top Chef School of Recipes

Event Statistics: Risia, Festivult, Midwinter, Daily Dice, Mimic Hunt

Community Member

At first, you could only get those trinkets from the DDO Store.Then, the trinkets became available during Risia Ice Games.Now, they are in loot chests and rewards for Festivult.The trinkets HAVE always been BTC.
    the one trinket i have purchased through the store was BTA any others i have gotten are BTC

Quote Originally Posted by SinnJinn2 View Post
    the one trinket i have purchased through the store was BTA any others i have gotten are BTC
    ^this

My store purchased trinket is BtA and perfect for crafting, recrafting and passing around alts. Every one I've pulled from chests or events has been BtC. Why Turbine is so bind-happy and obsessed with binding so many things is beyond my comprehension. I like the good old days.

Is it raid loot?

If yes, it binds to character. If no, unbound.

Simpler times.
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

That's exactly how i did it, and all my characters have at least 2 craftable trinkets now.

I even once gave 100 purple coins to a buddy of mine to get himself a craftable trinket. Somehow the part where i told him to give back everything he got that wasn't a trinket, didn't get communicated, so i don't do that anymore.

I turn in coins in vast quantities myself. I have just as many ALTs as you, I also play on multiple servers further compounding my grind load. My signature I record the statistics for Risia, Festivult, and Daily Dice.

I gave you a solution to your current un-fun thing in the game.

Yes, it was a pain for me to do it, but I did it. I used what the game gave me to accomplish what you want to do. My characters have trinkets.

Personally, I despise all BTC items that are not a raid item.

Sorry my solution was not what you wanted to hear.

Have a great day.
    I also despise BTC for anything except named raid loot, I am not a fan of BTCoE either which to me is worse than BTCoA for raid loot since it just opens up the buying/selling of named items without even requiring the player to flag or even step foot into the raid.

and I apologize if I was unclear..

I am well aware of the mechanics of how it works, my point was it makes no sense for the trinkets coming from the coin turn in to be BTCoA.

You didn't offer a solution, you just reiterated what everyone is already aware of if they actually wanted trinkets for specific toons and didn't want to run Shroud, or buy from the DDO store.

My issue is with the mechanic of the coin turn in that it should not offer any reward that is BTCoA.
    Its well past time for trinkets to no longer be BTCoA.

imho easiest way to get trinkets for toon is just run first part of shroud with couple buddies and farm for shards of power - those can be used as craftable base for making trinket. well, those are btc too, but at least u can choose who will u take into shroud

tho i d appreciate changing those festivult trinket to bta too. just thought about that inventory management if i would try to get trinket from coins to toon who can need it makes me sick